The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rare HK Lili Ledy Yoda - transition figure

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rmmhouston
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

Rare HK Lili Ledy Yoda - transition figure  Empty
PostSubject: Rare HK Lili Ledy Yoda - transition figure    Rare HK Lili Ledy Yoda - transition figure  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2018 4:29 am

Hi guys , I recently won this auction on eBay . Please take a look at listing 302583268573 , I bid on it as I was pretty sure it was a LL Yoda but noticed the Hong Kong (coo #3) in yoda’s guide .
To make things better his eyes are black Pac-Man and his skin tone very deep green which is the fourth variant in the guide (update from nov 2013) !! Can you please confirm this and document this reconfirmation of this rare fourth variant ?? Now I must get him LL accessories
Back to top Go down
rmmhouston
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Rare HK Lili Ledy Yoda - transition figure    Rare HK Lili Ledy Yoda - transition figure  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 8:48 am

Here are the pictures of the little guy , would need help to confirm it is the Hong Kong version of Lili Ledy Yoda rare transition figure described in the guide , thanks!

Rare HK Lili Ledy Yoda - transition figure  6da5a210

Rare HK Lili Ledy Yoda - transition figure  D52fc210
Rare HK Lili Ledy Yoda - transition figure  Cc6dad10
Back to top Go down
Calrissian_Charm
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Calrissian_Charm

PostSubject: Re: Rare HK Lili Ledy Yoda - transition figure    Rare HK Lili Ledy Yoda - transition figure  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 1:30 pm

To start, his eyes look brown in the pictures. You might want to reevaluate.
Back to top Go down
rmmhouston
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Rare HK Lili Ledy Yoda - transition figure    Rare HK Lili Ledy Yoda - transition figure  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 7:12 pm

Hi thanks ... What else besides the eyes ? Which variant is it then? In person they look black but I guess the camera has better sight than I do
Back to top Go down
Calrissian_Charm
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Calrissian_Charm

PostSubject: Re: Rare HK Lili Ledy Yoda - transition figure    Rare HK Lili Ledy Yoda - transition figure  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2018 11:47 pm

Honestly, the COO is hard to see, at least the copyright symbol. That's the determining factor. I can say this, I just got an "Applehead" Yoda with what appears to be a similar COO, and matches yours in color of head and eyes. A thread shows it here (COO #2) As well as Olive Head Yoda (COO#3) so you can compare.

Olive Head Yoda

If you have an Applehead, then his accessories are standard for a Kenner pac-man eyes Yoda; triple EPM belt, dark brown cane, and brown snake. But the snake is the tough part. It's a tan, rigid plastic, not the common rubbery brown snake. If you're isn't Applehead, you'll have to do some more digging, and that thread will still be a good place to start
Back to top Go down
rmmhouston
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Rare HK Lili Ledy Yoda - transition figure    Rare HK Lili Ledy Yoda - transition figure  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 1:02 am

Here are better pictures , it looks I got a COO #2 , is this what you call apple head Yoda ?? In my case the hands and feet match the dark green color of the head ... It is dark green because it degrades ?? Thought it only happened in the head but not the limbs ... Your help is much appreciated !
Rodolfo
Rare HK Lili Ledy Yoda - transition figure  Af2e8a10
Rare HK Lili Ledy Yoda - transition figure  49423410
Back to top Go down
Calrissian_Charm
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Calrissian_Charm

PostSubject: Re: Rare HK Lili Ledy Yoda - transition figure    Rare HK Lili Ledy Yoda - transition figure  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 8:58 am

In my opinion, yes it is Applehead Yoda (which just refers to the shade of green paint). The tell is the small, well formed copyright symbol. Ledys, I believe, have a deformed symbol. I believe the hands and feet can either be the dark green you have, or a lighter yellowish green. It isn't degradation, I don't believe, but the true color of the paint. But degradation can happen to any part of a figure. I don't believe Applehead Yoda is susceptible to degradation, or at least hasn't started yet.

Glad to help.
Back to top Go down
rmmhouston
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Rare HK Lili Ledy Yoda - transition figure    Rare HK Lili Ledy Yoda - transition figure  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 11:24 am

Thanks much for the guidance !! I was unaware that Kenner produced deep green yodas after all , do we know where this variant was produced ? How rare this apple head yoda variant we got is ??
Back to top Go down
Calrissian_Charm
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Calrissian_Charm

PostSubject: Re: Rare HK Lili Ledy Yoda - transition figure    Rare HK Lili Ledy Yoda - transition figure  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 11:54 am

I don't honestly know about rarity, and don't pay much attention. I can tell you though that this Yoda doesn't seem to attract a lot of attention, unless you're into Yoda variants, which I am at the moment. To me, the defining aspect of his color is how vibrant it is. The other dark green Yoda, both Kenner and foreign variants, tend to be more subdued, leaning towards brown and gray tones. This guy really stands out in a crowd. I believe there are other variants with similar color, too.

But, yes, Kenner did in fact make dark green Yodas. They came with brown snakes, and dark brown canes, generally. Just like this guy. But, like I said, this guy is different than usual because his snake is rigid rather than rubbery. And don't suspect that any aspects of any of the variants are exclusive! Not even the accessories with the EPM circles considered to be Lily Ledy accessories. There is a Kenner Yoda that came bagged with the Darth Vader case (And in another multi-pack of figures as well, I believe) that has a snake and cane with the EPM circles on them. This is where you get into colors and shades of colors. That will be the way to identify the correct accessories.

I don't know anything about his production, but if you look around, you can probably pin down what cardback he appeared on. That information seems to have been pinned down pretty well.

It's hard in the beginning to trust your own judgment. Just look around, all different places. There's a lot of information out there, but it's scattered around. Find as many sources as you can, and as many good pictures as you can.
Back to top Go down
rmmhouston
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Rare HK Lili Ledy Yoda - transition figure    Rare HK Lili Ledy Yoda - transition figure  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2018 2:25 pm

Hi friend @Carlrissian_Charm , I could find the COO#3 with the deformed copyright !! , Here are the pictures from it ... is this the rare Hong Kong LIli Ledy? He has deep green hands and legs and an olive head , he was only with his cape , will need to get him his snake , belt , and cane (are these Kenner or Ledy’s? , brown flexible rubber or brown plastic or orange ? )
Look forward to your comments and help!

Rare HK Lili Ledy Yoda - transition figure  426b2e10
Rare HK Lili Ledy Yoda - transition figure  C1cbbe10
Rare HK Lili Ledy Yoda - transition figure  7dc71310
Rare HK Lili Ledy Yoda - transition figure  3b698010

Last edited by rmmhouston on Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Rare HK Lili Ledy Yoda - transition figure    Rare HK Lili Ledy Yoda - transition figure  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 12:20 am

Sorry to say but both these are kenner figures. The first is not a coo associated to ledy as the copyright symbol on the ledy is stretched and deformed. The second is a coo shared by kenner and ledy but the ledy one has different paint apps to this one. The eyes are an orange brown color.
Back to top Go down
rmmhouston
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Rare HK Lili Ledy Yoda - transition figure    Rare HK Lili Ledy Yoda - transition figure  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 5:48 pm

Thanks for the reconformation of the figure not being Ledy, still is cool to have. I thought there were transition ledy figures between the orange and black eyes between COO #3 (deformed copyright Hong Kong and COO#6 (deformed Copyright NO COO).
Back to top Go down
Jedijoe
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Rare HK Lili Ledy Yoda - transition figure    Rare HK Lili Ledy Yoda - transition figure  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 11:22 pm

I thought I had finally picked up a Ledy Yoda but it has a Hong Kong coo. Can someone help me identify this Yoda?

Thanks 

Jedijoe 
Rare HK Lili Ledy Yoda - transition figure  B4e036b9-2d00-4271-ae24-1c6db596e99f

Rare HK Lili Ledy Yoda - transition figure  18c14103-a944-41f0-92e3-aecfd0ee54e6
Back to top Go down
rmmhouston
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Rare HK Lili Ledy Yoda - transition figure    Rare HK Lili Ledy Yoda - transition figure  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 4:07 am

Hi Jedijoe , please go to the Lili Ledy guide and look for Yoda , the ledy Yoda has Hong Kong in its back , its the shape of the copyright symbol (deformed) and other characteristics described there which makes it unique to Ledy. The guide is self explanatory, hope you can confirm your figure !
Back to top Go down
rmmhouston
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Rare HK Lili Ledy Yoda - transition figure    Rare HK Lili Ledy Yoda - transition figure  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 4:07 am

Hi Jedijoe , please go to the Lili Ledy guide and look for Yoda , the ledy Yoda has Hong Kong in its back , its the shape of the copyright symbol (deformed) and other characteristics described there which makes it unique to Ledy. The guide is self explanatory, hope you can confirm your figure !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rare HK Lili Ledy Yoda - transition figure    Rare HK Lili Ledy Yoda - transition figure  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rare HK Lili Ledy Yoda - transition figure

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1