The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TheJabbaWookie
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheJabbaWookie

Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures? Empty
PostSubject: Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures?   Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 1:18 pm

Hi guys, I’m slowly building up my PBP collection and have about 12 figures, as well as a copy of Javi’s Made in Spain book, but just wondered if there is an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures and the type of prices expected to be paid.
Cheers
Jay
Back to top Go down
jared007
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
jared007

Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures?   Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 6:18 am

Hi,

If it helps, I run www.starwarstracker.com which tracks prices and availability of vintage star wars items. With it, you can narrow down onto PBP/Poch figures to see what market prices have been like. I have good data going back to 2014 and is updated every week with latest activity. Below should give you a sense of what you can do (there are also iOS/Android versions). Hope it helps!

Cheers, Jared.

Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures? Pochpb10
Back to top Go down
TheJabbaWookie
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheJabbaWookie

PostSubject: Re: Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures?   Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 11:27 am

Thanks Jared. I’ve been meaning to check it out as I’ve recently started listening to the Vintage Rebellion Podcasts and they big it up.
Jay
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures?   Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 3:30 pm

the rarest poch figures at the moment seem to be in no order
toxic green limbs bossk (good luck!!!) this is the rarest though 1500+
ugnaught 250+
jawa 500+
luke brown hair 300+
death star droid 300+
luke blonde hair 300+
2-1b 200+
fx7 unknown
double mihk dengar 250+

pbp wise id say
Luke (once again good luck) unknown
death squad commander( good luck) unknown
pbp red armor 4lom (very pricey) 350+
dark brown rebel soldier pale face (even pricier with the starnge blue exclusive blaster ) 300+
fat lips bossk 200 +
han solo pink neck and hands

just my opinion but ive followed and collected this line for a while now , hope this helps
Back to top Go down
TheJabbaWookie
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheJabbaWookie

PostSubject: Re: Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures?   Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 4:00 pm

Thanks Bill I trust your opinion and Bryan says you’re the go to guy when it comes to the Spanish line. I wonder if Javi will do a guide like Stefan’s Meccano Tri Logo one.
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures?   Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 4:04 pm

Thanks but there are others that are much more knowledgeable but i have done my due diligance . I watch the market carefully and still need about 6 poch and 5 pbps to have at least one of every character or variant from them
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures?   Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 4:04 pm

Also i hope javi does anither book
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures?   Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 4:11 pm

Bill I more or less my go to guy for the Spanish line. Javi isn't around much anymore (if at all) and Lee and Kenneth have both left forums I think. There may be a few others (Sergio, etc) but Bill certainly knows this line and has done hi research and is easily accessible most of the time.

Interesting the info on star wars tracker. I am curious is the info just elated to auction titles or does it take into account that many of the poch/pbp auctions are not actually poch/pbp figures? same can be said of ledy stuff. lots of sellers label things one way or another whether they are or not. Some do it out of ignorance to the subject and some do it knowing they can try to fool unsuspecting buyers. It is always best to try to confirm things before purchasing, especially when a name (i.e. ledy, poch, pbp, palitoy, trilogo, etc) adds dollars to the purchase.
Back to top Go down
Calrissian_Charm
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Calrissian_Charm

PostSubject: Re: Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures?   Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 5:56 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
Interesting the info on star wars tracker. I am curious is the info just elated to auction titles or does it take into account that many of the poch/pbp auctions are not actually poch/pbp figures? same can be said of ledy stuff. lots of sellers label things one way or another whether they are or not. Some do it out of ignorance to the subject and some do it knowing they can try to fool unsuspecting buyers.  It is always best to try to confirm things before purchasing, especially when a name (i.e. ledy, poch, pbp, palitoy, trilogo, etc) adds dollars to the purchase.

I'm interested to know how data is collected and verified, myself. I love this program, and have been using it to track my collection since the beginning.
Back to top Go down
jared007
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
jared007

PostSubject: Re: Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures?   Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 5:14 am

trappedtexan wrote:

Interesting the info on star wars tracker. I am curious is the info just elated to auction titles or does it take into account that many of the poch/pbp auctions are not actually poch/pbp figures?

Yes it's a good question to ask. Both PBP and Poch (and the others) are really tricky sometimes for the reasons you mention. Everything that gets added to the Tracker gets a visual confirmation by me. This is essential to weed out a lot of the incorrect stuff, stuff listed with repro accessories and false hits generally.

After this, I tend to just *trust* a listing if it's for an AFA graded piece being listed as PBP and Poch.

For ungraded it's a bit more involved. Generally if I'm unsure I'll skip it or just record it under vanilla *Kenner*. But when it has a finish price higher than normal, and has a few bids with all the right key words and explanation, then I tend to trust that the community has agreed it's as described. And alongside that, if it's being advertised as such and the community bids up on it based on that information then that in itself gives a fair market value (if it's incorrect once the item is in-hand that's unfortunate, but the auction activity is a good indication of value by itself).

I'll be the first to admit the Tracker is not perfect, but I think it's the best vintage price guide available given everything it covers, consistent weekly updates and depth/criteria that you can data mine the info with.

Side note, a red-armour PBP 4-LOM came up just this week in the US. The pictures were poor, but I was happy to record this given the description and finishing price - $455 no.1 on the top ten this week: http://www.starwarstracker.com/ltLoose
Back to top Go down
jared007
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
jared007

PostSubject: Re: Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures?   Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 5:17 am

Calrissian_Charm wrote:

I love this program, and have been using it to track my collection since the beginning.

Always great to hear other collectors like yourself getting good use out of it. The collection tracking aspect is one of the main features in my opinion, but is often overlooked as people just use it for the price guides. They are missing out on so much Wink
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures?   Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 12:45 pm

Thanks for the response. I was just curious how the data was collected and filtered. Is it all based on eBay sales or is there some private sales such as Facebook stuff mixed in? With common items eBay seems the most public area but many items trade in Facebook (either publicly via sales threads or some run Facebook auctions) and this, from what I have been told as I don't have Facebook, is where many rarer or harder to find items are changing hands these days. I know some likely don't disclose closing price, but you can probably see what asking price was and how long the item sat and draw some conclusion on whether it was close to asking or not.
Back to top Go down
jared007
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
jared007

PostSubject: Re: Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures?   Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 4:08 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
I was just curious how the data was collected and filtered. Is it all based on eBay sales or is there some private sales such as Facebook stuff mixed in?

It's taken from a mix of places. Far and away the bulk of it is the major eBay sites (US/UK+EUR/AUS) and then a few other sources. Here's the full list as of today - Hakes.com was added most recently.

Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures? Market10

I only ever include listings where the final outcome was public - ie, I ignore best offer. The facebook groups are ones where it's run like an auction and the final price is clear. Notably, it's the facebook groups that make mention of the rarer aspects such as whether it's a Poch/PBP figure. These tend to be safer to record as such, as there is plenty of opportunity for the community to challenge and correct the details.
Back to top Go down
Calrissian_Charm
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Calrissian_Charm

PostSubject: Re: Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures?   Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 6:15 pm

So you verify the data personally? Surprised Wow

I use the price guide average as a baseline. Then I usually dig through the raw data to add valuations, where needed. But I was always attracted to the tracking since I'm a little obsessive, noting flaws, particular details, COOs. I keep 4 portfolios Very Happy
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures?   Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 7:46 pm

I may check it out. Assume it is some sort of subscription type service thing? It sounds like it might contain some at least starting points data wise. Even if errors make it through, and it sounds plausible that they may from time to time, it is probably a good resource for beginning collectors to at least get some sort of starting point for pricing. And we have only been discussing pricing. How is the collection side of it set up? Does it just have a title like say lili ledy boba fett or does it also have small descriptors and pics so maybe it says darker color plastic, no coo, etc etc....? In other words does it only serve as a checklist or is it more geared like a miniature guide?

Actually feel free to start a new thread in this section if you'd like. Might gain you some users, but would allow you to at least get some feedback or ideas from members of our community.
Back to top Go down
jared007
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
jared007

PostSubject: Re: Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures?   Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 3:09 am

trappedtexan wrote:
And we have only been discussing pricing. How is the collection side of it set up?

There is a whole range of information you can store to describe your items, plus uploading multiple images as well. You can also generate a barcoded label for home printing from this information (that's what is on the figure stand in the main pic). Below is a screenshot of the desktop version, but the same exists on the iOS/Android app (just enter the information once, viewable anywhere).

Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures? Invent10

Screens are slightly different if you are working with a loose figure, MOC etc. Heaps I can say about it, but as you say, I'll do up a stand alone post for the Tracker rather than hi-jack the original question asked here!

Cheers, Jared.
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures?   Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 8:57 am

im no expert but here ya go in terms of rarity . at least in my experience..

very rare

POCH:
poch bossk green limbs
poch jawa
poch ugnaught
poch luke brown hair
fx7
death star droid
boba fett
chocolate pants han solo hoth
black pouch chewbacca
black neck lando's both versions
green features hoth leia
r5d4

rare
2-1b
luke blonde hair
yoda all variants
black boots rebel commander
leia bespin all variants
death squad conmmander
c3po dark gold
r2d2 small eye
luke bespin all variants
lobot
vader
double mihk coo dengar
sandpeople all variants
leia all variants
ig88 all variants
ben kenobi

more common
leia hoth tex mex face
rebel soldier
at at driver
luke x wing
bespin securtiy guard
imperial commander
dengar
han bespin
han solo regular
stormtrooper
snowtrooper all variants

REmember like everyone says all poch figures are rare

pBP

very rare
luke farmboy
death squad commander
4lom red armor all variants
lando true blue pants
han solo pink hands and neck
cloud car pilot pink face
boba fett painted dart versions
dark brown rebel soldier pale face

rare
han solo
tie fighter pilot at at emblems
dark brown rebel soldier pink face
luke hoth pale face
fat lips bossk
pink face at at commander
black bespin securtiy guard
ig88 all variants
biker scout
cloud car pilot pale face
yoda

more common
luke bespin all variants (maybe not these days though Sad )
c3po reddish tint ( I don't own him but ive heard theres not a difference from lili ledy 3pos , I have 2 ) so ive always shyed away from him
tie pilot
vader
boba fett all other variants besides painted dart ones
snaggletooth
greedo
hammerhead
snowtrooper
han solo hoth
han solo pale neck and hands
luke x wing (hes getting more expensive every month)
imperial commander
walrusman all variant
chewbacca
at at commander pale face
lando all greyish bue pants
at at driver
stormtrooper
dengar

all just my opinion ,  Very Happy  hope it helps with a very frustrating line sometimes  head bang  unsure  :cool laugh:  cheers  cheers  cheers

Last edited by hellhippie on Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheJabbaWookie
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheJabbaWookie

PostSubject: Re: Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures?   Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 12:10 pm

This is amazing. I’ll be bookmarking for sure and might even print it out and stick it on the fridge. Thanks for going to so much time and effort Bill, massively appreciated.
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures?   Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 1:44 pm

hey no problem Jay , hope it helps you . ive added pbp yoda and pbp c3po because I forgot them .
cheers
I have a pbp yoda coming as we speak so im pretty excited to add him bounce to my collection
check out my pbp limelight and poch to see my stuff so far also
Back to top Go down
TheJabbaWookie
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheJabbaWookie

PostSubject: Re: Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures?   Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 3:16 pm

Awesome will do, I’m playing a little limelight of my pbp figures too - all fall in the not so fare category but hey you’ve got to start somewhere... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures?   Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2017 5:38 am

i look forwar to seeing your stuff dude . spanish figures tend to be more beat up alot , it is what it is and its one of the reasons i find them so cool . especially the earlier poch stuff , their production standards were garbage and i love it cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
TheJabbaWookie
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheJabbaWookie

PostSubject: Re: Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures?   Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 7:59 am

Here you go, like I said nothing rare but still cool and you have to start somewhere. They all come with accessories except TFP who is missing his Pilot Blaster and DV who is missing his Lightsaber. I think his cape is the Smooth cape variant in pic 7 on page 65 of Javi’s book - under the microscope it has what I think is the right texture but is lacking any of the error die cut marks so am not certain. I’m pretty certain the skirt on the Hoth Stormtrooper is Repro too. All of the figures bar 4 were picked up from sellers who had not listed them as PBP and all were picked up at great prices.
Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures? 7a1ba110
Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures? Bc2e2b10
Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures? 8945e710
Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures? 27e03a10
Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures? 13b1af10

Last edited by TheJabbaWookie on Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures?   Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 4:24 pm

I am not at a desktop and using my phone at the moment, but does anyone else see these upside down?
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures?   Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 4:00 am

yes everyone of them
Back to top Go down
TheJabbaWookie
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheJabbaWookie

PostSubject: Re: Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures?   Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 5:01 am

Sorry been watching too much Stranger Things - added them in the upside down world. Hopefully ok now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures?   Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is there an article or list anywhere detailing the scarcity of POCH and PBP figures?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next