The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 28 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 03, 2017 5:30 am

Oscar, fantastic Vader Trem figures. Congrats!

The chest plates all have different paint apps. Do you think the colours were largely decided by whoever was painting them on the day, as opposed to any standard spray masks and colour schemes?

M4K3R1 wrote:
Lots of nice new additions from everyone, was a lot of fun going through all the pages to catch up on viewing. My latest new addition is a few weeks old now.
Model Trem Darth Vader with Kenner styled limbs. This model Trem version for Vader is so beautifully made.
Also an updated group photo of my current Trem variants for Darth Vader
-Fixed head
-Movable head (most common Trem Vader)
-Kenner styled limbs

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 20 Dsc_0110
Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 20 Dsc_0010
Back to top Go down
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
M4K3R1

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 03, 2017 6:39 am

Thanks Bryan and Paul.
Paul, yes the chest paint is definatelly hand painted on trem figues, based on what I have seen each variant does follow the same colours.
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 03, 2017 6:42 am

awesome model trem vaders . cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 03, 2017 2:37 pm

I'm drooling over here!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2017 11:56 am

Things arrived or on the way. All original/authentic. I'm done with repro now thanks to you guys.

All vintage:

Working snowspeeder
PDT-8 Mini rig
2 complete Hoth Rebel Soldiers
Boxed Cap-2
Gamorrean Guard
ORIGINAL REAL pop up R2 saber
Squidhead cape
Pruneface
Logray headdress
Rancor Keeper-bought just for the head cape thingy
Ugnaughts toolbag
More stinking plastic stands for all of these figures.

Things I'm trying to acquire right now:

Droopy McCool
Teebo's Stone Ax
Max Rebo

If I get these I'll get his organ and have a complete band.

I've totally run out of space. I have no idea what to do now.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2017 3:21 pm

Not impossible but it is very hard to remove the squidhead head from the body. The squidhead cape should be sewn closed to you will have to remove the head to place the cape on him.  Since he is one of the later figures the neck post is more bell shaped than the earlier ball shaped ones and this creates more tension when trying to remove the head. Be careful not to break the neck post when doing it.  I would boil the figure for a while prior to removing it jus because the head is thick and needs more time to heat up and be even slightly pliable.

here is a pic of what I am talking about with head and neck post.
Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 20 Vintsq10
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2017 4:25 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
Not impossible but it is very hard to remove the squidhead head from the body. The squidhead cape should be sewn closed to you will have to remove the head to place the cape on him.  Since he is one of the later figures the neck post is more bell shaped than the earlier ball shaped ones and this creates more tension when trying to remove the head. Be careful not to break the neck post when doing it.  I would boil the figure for a while prior to removing it jus because the head is thick and needs more time to heat up and be even slightly pliable.

here is a pic of what I am talking about with head and neck post.
Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 20 Vintsq10

This seems very risky and a lot of work. Couldn't I just rip the stitching on the old cape and sew it back? Or is that compromising the integrity of the cape too much?
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2017 4:58 pm

Depends on your stance on authenticity. This falls into the category of touch up paint or ink marks on cardbacks. AFA will not grade squidheads that have new stiches that were not factory applied so in that regard the new stiches are considered non authentic and are an alteration.
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2017 5:01 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
Depends on your stance on authenticity.  This falls into the category of touch up paint or ink marks on cardbacks.  AFA will not grade squidheads that have new stiches that were not factory applied so in that regard the new stiches are considered non authentic and are an alteration.

Ok. Yet pulling the head off is cool? :cool laugh:

None of these figures are destined for AFA. Actually none of my figures will ever be sent for grading. I honestly just don't care because I don't want them in a case. I want to play with them. Even the expensive ones.

I'm going to strip him down and mull this one over for a while. I can see where I could easily break the bell peg or part of the actual head which is bad. But won't boiling him in hot water cause paint melt, plastic melt, etc? I could always boil no head Bespin Leia to see what happens first.
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 10:35 am

Ok I broke down and bought Max Rebo, his organ and Droopy McCool. I now have the entire complete band. And one extra Sy Snootles and an extra flute and 2 extra mics.

I'm excited for this one for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 3:15 pm

Broke - you could make a "guest" singer or player for the Rebo band with the spare squid and extra mic/flute - may be customise squidy in a new paint. All black robes with his Elvis chest hair sticking or something.

What was in made in France, but I found it in Ireland... took me years to track down but I finally have one? All will be revealed once I get my report outta the door...

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 20 Img_8611
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 3:18 pm

Today's mail delivery. Now I run into the same issue of opening the bag. We all know I'm probably gonna open the bag. But I feel bad about opening the bag:

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 20 RNh1u6q

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 20 NBpZDCL
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 3:48 pm

Broke wrote:
Today's mail delivery. Now I run into the same issue of opening the bag. We all know I'm probably gonna open the bag. But I feel bad about opening the bag:

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 20 RNh1u6q

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 20 NBpZDCL

So don't open the bag Smile Really, there are collectors out there that like boxed items with parts still bagged, and you can find loose and complete full rigs/ships etc any time. I've said before it's your stuff to do as you please but why buy items containing sealed parts if you know you're going to end up opening them? I know it's just a Cap-2 mini rig we're talking about in the grand scheme of things, but every bit of preservation we can do helps.
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 3:52 pm

I'll see if I can find those parts outside of the bag and just keep the baggie stuff bagged up.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 3:59 pm

Craig T wrote:

What was in made in France, but I found it in Ireland... took me years to track down but I finally have one? All will be revealed once I get my report outta the door...

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 20 Img_8611

thinking Will guess big and say the French cardboard GDE diorama stand affraid (would be so cool if it was!) However, those thngs are too rare, so I'll guess smaller and say the French ROTJ in-store poster given with purchases of figures?
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 4:07 pm

Since Craig is a Luke focus guy.....did Meccano have a Luke Jedi card? Dang, I don't know enough about the French stuff to guess properly.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 4:23 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
Since Craig is a Luke focus guy.....did Meccano have a Luke Jedi card?  Dang, I don't know enough about the French stuff to guess properly.

Bryan, good guess, especially looking at the shape of that envelope. Luke Jedi did indeed appear on rectangle Miro-Meccano ROTJ cards.
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 5:17 pm

just got a no coo bespin guard . it was quite hard to find actually
pretty happy to have gotten one
Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 20 No_coo12
Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 20 No_coo13
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 5:48 pm

Bryan, Paul, No flies on you two ... Very Happy

Yes it a Miro-Meccano 65 Back!!!

I been after one of these since I saw one in Stephane Faucourt’s Book: MECCANO to TRILOGO . Not sure how many have floated for sale on forums and eBay whilst I been out of it, but I couldn't believe my luck when I stumbled upon on it.

I would still like to hunt down a sealed one but that has been a fruitless goal so far and it taken me this long just to get a Card back.

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 20 Miro-m10

Front: I love how the French like to be unique and renamed Luke to "Luc" I sadly don't speak a word of French, but would appreciate if someone can translate: (Tenue de Chevalier Jedi). Chivalry is about knights and noble men so I assume Chevalier means Knight???

If you look at the bottom right, Miro-Meccano has used a cover-up sticker to hide the printed “Made in Hong Kong” COO and changed it to Made in Macao. In all the cards I have, only this and the French Tri-logo version have gone out of their way to make to the effort to stipulate that the figure is from Macao.

Factory "HN" (aka Smile) made both the “Hong Kong” COO and NCOO Luke Jedi Figures and it’s possible that Smile had a factory in Macao producing NCOO Luke Jedis. All the examples of “Made in Macao” Luke Jedi that I have seen carded and in baggies have the NCOO Luke.

Back: If someone has the time to translate the reverse for me, I would be grateful too!

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 20 Miro-m11

For comparisons of the Miro-Meccano with a Palitoy Card (I have used Palitoy 65-B) see below. I have wondered in the past why there was a black border around the Palitoy, but I can see now that the space left depended on what European Logo was to be superimposed.

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 20 Miro-m12
Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 20 Miro-m13

Further to the above here is a sealed Luke with the Made in Macao sticker on a French Tri-logo:

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 20 Miro-m14

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 20 Miro-m16

Strictly speaking about the Tri-logo, this fella isn’t a recent purchase; it was bought just before I decided to take a break, but I haven’t had the opportunity to share it until now. Notice how the cape is a richer colour brown

That’s me down for now but I received a letter today to say a parcel from the USA has arrived at my local post office to pick-up (and pay import fees on)… I wonder what that could be Very Happy

Clue: "A Cape fit for a Crocodile"

P.S. Just had a scoop above to see what else has been picked up...

@M4K3R1 – Oscar, those Trems are uber cool – are there any more variations you need or is three a complete set?

@Trappedtexan – How are things Bryan? I hear more storms are coming… hopefully you guys are still safe? I love the Squid Dissection – Never knew a “C” was hidden under his head

@Broke – The box is badgered, but if you can keep the bags sealed you can always buy a loose one for a few quid  - you already have the bit that normally gets lost (the stumpy silver gun!) so you can by a really cheap one without it Wink
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 6:58 pm

Broke, cools pickups. I won't get to preachy but it is on us as the curators of our collections to make sure these things exist and last for later generations to enjoy. My kid loves star wars (maybe not as much as me but he enjoys them) and someday I will pass my stuff on to him if he wants it. Future generations won't ever see some things likely already like a carded Harbert fett, only a handful are known of the cardback and not sure more than two carded are known of if that many. Every item we save from being opened is an item that the future collectors may cherish. That's just how i look at it, but to each his own. I can say if you do choose to open it, many in the hobby frown upon the practice so it might be best to not share that openly.

Congrats on the guard pickup bill. Didnt know the no coo was hard to find, is it because many sellers don't list a coo or just harder to find overall? Think i have one hurried in a case somewhere. I gave up on coo collecting (kind of on collecting overall to be honest). I hit my goal with the ledy stuff and pretty much moved to other lines. I still check for star wars periodically but not very often anymore.

craig, I guessed a cardback (but wasn't sure if Meccano had made one or not.  I have some cardbacks, my favorite are the fett ones though. Wish I had more of them from him. Let's see a package from the states that is a cape for a crocodile.....hmmm.  bossk didn't have a cape......No other lizards in the line i think......not sure on that one. You have me stumped.
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 8:38 pm

Well I have good news. The bag isn't a sealed bag. It just had old degraded tape on it. You can be preachy. I wouldn't have thought twice about opening a bag until spending time here. You guys have changed my collecting. No more repro, won't be opening bags etc. I'm on board with what your doing here. I need to be a responsible collector.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2017 1:35 am

Broke wrote:
Well I have good news. The bag isn't a sealed bag. It just had old degraded tape on it. You can be preachy. I wouldn't have thought twice about opening a bag until spending time here. You guys have changed my collecting. No more repro, won't be opening bags etc. I'm on board with what your doing here. I need to be a responsible collector.  

Glad to hear that being here has been, in my opinion, a positive impact on your collecting habits. I don't get on the high horse often, but I do think opening items is a destructive practice in collecting. They are your items, but you never know when the last sealed example may be just around the corner.

Craig, I been mulling this clue over and though I may not have the right guess I am thinking the cape reference may not be in relation to who it is for as much as it is regarding texture. Maybe a "cape fit for a crocodile" is a rough textured cape. My guess is the rough textured Vader cape (because I don't know of one for Luke Jedi) is that's not it then I am barking up the wrong tree and have no clue.
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2017 7:42 am

Congrats on the guard pickup bill. Didnt know the no coo was hard to find, is it because many sellers don't list a coo or just harder to find overall? Think i have one hurried in a case somewhere. I gave up on coo collecting (kind of on collecting overall to be honest). I hit my goal with the ledy stuff and pretty much moved to other lines. I still check for star wars periodically but not very often anymore.

no Bryan , it was really tough to track down actually . i collect any variant that peaks my interest , no coo figures are at the top of the list . my ledys i only need the removable hood jawa . poch i need like 5 figures but those are a pipedream . pbp maybe 3 or 4 also a pipedream . i need a takara vader and alt sculpt c3po and like 4 top toys . as you see these are ridiculously hard to find so i just collect coo stamps to keep me happy
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2017 4:06 pm

Bill - congrats on the no coo Bespin guard - another variant to strike off the list cheers

Broke - kudos for listening to us old gits about the preservation of the hobby Cool

Craig - very nice French Luc cardback cheers cheers

translations -
Tenue de Chevalier Jedi - Jedi Knight outfit

Back of card 4 paragraphs reading down -
Para 1 - Star Wars figures to collect
Para 2 - Figures marked with an asterix are not available in France
Para 3 - boring French legal product compliance stuff with Miro Meccano address
Para 4 - Not suitable for a child under 36 months of age

"cape fit for a crocodile" ... Crocodile's can go snap, so will say snap cape ?
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2017 4:59 pm

ArtooDetour wrote:

"cape fit for a crocodile" ... Crocodile's can go snap, so will say snap cape  ?

Dang, I didn't even think of that. If that is the answer I was way off base.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 20 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 20 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 28 ... 37  Next