The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 29 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2017 7:27 pm

@hellhippie: Bill, when I uploaded my post yesterday evening, I must have just missed yours sorry. So a belated well done for a rare and very nice pick-up! I have a copy of a letter from Palitoy explaining to a consumer that some of the “older” figures were only available in very limited quantities. So maybe this was one of the limited figures.

@Trappedtexan: Bryan – Well done for guessing on the Luc Miro-Meccano 65 Back. I see you collect cardbacks? Do you have any Lukes? Wink How many fett ones do you have.
Good guess on what’s coming next, but sorry it has nothing to do lizards… or Vader sorry.

@ArtooDetour: Paul – Thank you so much for the translations, this is awesome. I am sure you told me your French wasn’t good???

Well, I picked up the surprise this morning but only now having a chance to post. Here it is, a Made in Taiwan Painted face Luke Jedi with Snap Cape on a 65-A back release.

This is the 3rd Edition of Luke Jedi MOC for the “TJ” factory and proves that moulded head was phased out before the snap cape. A sincere thanks to Mr Tyner for assisting me in this important transition piece for the Luke Jedi MOC archive.

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 21 Luke_j16

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 21 Luke_j21

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 21 Luke_j24
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2017 8:14 pm

The cape is just tucked behind him?
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2017 8:33 pm

Yep. For this variation,

If you look at the photo of the bubble carefully, you will notice that the green sleeve (normally seen holding the cape in later Taiwan MOCs) is visible between the Luke/Cape and the backing card. Look for a horizontal line just a tiny bit up from where the snap button is.

When carding up, Luke would have been put face-down in the bubble, the cape put on top of him, and the green sleeve taped across the back of the bubble to secure Luke inside. The bubble would then be attached to the cardback.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2017 11:17 pm

Nice Luke. Was nice of the seller to let you buy it also. It's great to see your focus growing again.

I don't have a ton of cardbacks, maybe 20 or so. I have two of fett but one is a trilogo with the clipper(may have been a different company) little sticker catalog thing on the back. That one is my favorite of what I have. I will have to dig them out sometime to even remember what all I have.
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2017 3:38 am

hellhippie wrote:
Congrats on the guard pickup bill. Didnt know the no coo was hard to find, is it because many sellers don't list a coo or just harder to find overall? Think i have one hurried in a case somewhere. I gave up on coo collecting (kind of on collecting overall to be honest). I hit my goal with the ledy stuff and pretty much moved to other lines. I still check for star wars periodically but not very often anymore.

no Bryan , it was really tough to track down actually . i collect any variant that peaks my interest , no coo figures are at the top of the list . my ledys i only need the removable hood jawa . poch i need like 5 figures but those are a pipedream . pbp maybe 3 or 4 also a pipedream . i need a takara vader and alt sculpt c3po and like 4 top toys . as you see these are ridiculously hard to find so i just collect coo stamps to keep me happy

All of the questions i had are suddenly answered in Bill's conversation with himself.

Mind explosion.

Congrats on the pick-up, Bill! Hopefully you find those pipe dreams when you least expect it.

I'm looking forward to seeing your removable hood Jawa in the future, though. Cool
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2017 3:40 am

@Broke - I think you're about to set a record in how fast a collection can be completed. lol!

Glad you're happy with the hobby, though. You're doing a great job with your displays and it looks like you're learning a lot about the preservation part of things.

@Craig T - Great addition to your focus! It's one of my favorite figures. Can't wait to see more. cheers
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 10:11 am

darthmatt22 wrote:
@Broke - I think you're about to set a record in how fast a collection can be completed. lol!

I do feel like this is going extremely fast. But then I run into the Barada and Yak Face, Luke stormtrooper and think I'll never finish this.
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 3:06 pm

Put a few more pieces together all original parts/guns/accessories:

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 21 RBaLSiW

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 21 UF7ejcn

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 21 YI8qzIR

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 21 KqyRi2Y
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 3:20 pm

I have 27 more figures to get to finish the loose figure entire collection.

Wow, the remaining are expensive. Like EV-9D9
Luke stormtrooper
Yak Face
Lando General
etc
Back to top Go down
centurio
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 8:04 pm

Broke wrote:
Wow, the remaining are expensive.

R2 Pop up is really expensive. I hope to have one before the end of the year  Laughing

Sometimes during the night ( i am a little bit insomniac ) i check the us market and prices are really interresting, but the custom fees are expensive. In Europe prices are crazy sometimes.
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 10:29 pm

I picked up a few more items I found her in the city, I of course broke my rule of not buying anymore carded ones doh . This was just practice for our big toy show next month as well Smile.
Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 21 48277d11

Larry
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 7:01 am

Craig - congrats on the latest Luke jedi moc cheers

Broke - that's a sweet pic of the loosies next to the giant size Leia blaster cheers

Larry - nice pickups. The 8D8 moc looks cool with the dual language text and the Emperor offer in the corner cheers

Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 9:51 am

Broke wrote:

Luke stormtrooper
Yak Face
Lando General
etc

Try to make sure you buy complete Luke Poncho/ General Lando because of the blaster. I always have them on my watch list and they tend to go for $75-125 figure not included.

Also, the Imperial Gunner and the blaster price is a PROBLEM. I thought I was paying a lot when I purchased it but this is nowhere close now.

Oh, and EV-9D9.. those limbs. doh
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 9:52 am

@arohk Nice MOC, Larry! That looks to be in great shape.

Are you going to be a vendor at the toy show or just an attendee?
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 10:33 am

darthmatt22 wrote:
Broke wrote:

Luke stormtrooper
Yak Face
Lando General
etc

Try to make sure you buy complete Luke Poncho/ General Lando because of the blaster. I always have them on my watch list and they tend to go for $75-125 figure not included.

Also, the Imperial Gunner and the blaster price is a PROBLEM. I thought I was paying a lot when I purchased it but this is nowhere close now.

Oh, and EV-9D9.. those limbs. doh

Yeah I know. Last night I bought General Madine, Nien Numb and Nikto. So I am down to needing 24. I'll probably pick up another 1 or 2 today. I guess I'll save the most expensive for last.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 12:22 pm

Congrats on the latest pickups. Broke, you'll have the full set before you know it. Larry, nice Canadian carded figure and that's neat that you got some film from an actual reel used at a theater.
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 5:44 pm

darthmatt22 wrote:
@arohk Nice MOC, Larry! That looks to be in great shape.

Are you going to be a vendor at the toy show or just an attendee?

I am going as a buyer as well as apart of the 501st for cherity work.

Now I am so observent that I not only bought the 8D8 after looking at it in the store, and then taking photos of it. Until I read the comments I didnt even realize it was Canadian. Well at least it didnt take like 6 years before I noticed the french in the same corner on my biker scout lol.
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2017 6:39 am

nice 8d8,

Matt , i dont think i'll ever pay the 800 to a 1000 people are wanting for him but we'll see What a Face
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2017 10:24 pm

New acquisitions have been few and far between, but saw a Star wars raffle site. Being a gambling man I had to give it a go. With one in 4 odds and being Ewoks my Aussie luck came in:

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 21 20170910
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2017 11:45 pm

4 or 5 things incoming tomorrow. As usual I'll post pics
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2017 11:46 pm

aussiejames wrote:
New acquisitions have been few and far between, but saw a Star wars raffle site.  Being a gambling man I had to give it a go.  With one in 4 odds and being Ewoks my Aussie luck came in:

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 21 20170910

Nice gamble. That paid off well
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 14, 2017 12:15 pm

Today's haul:

Max needs a good cleaning and Nikto's staff is at home.

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 21 LgCoKcw
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 14, 2017 5:38 pm

Nice group of ewoks James. Broke, now you have the whole band. cheers
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 14, 2017 6:22 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
Nice group of ewoks James.  Broke, now you have the whole band. cheers

Strangely enough, I'm also in a real band. If anyone is interested I can provide video.
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2017 3:54 am

It’s a Friday, time for a quick gander on what’s been bought…

trappedtexan wrote:
Nice Luke. Was nice of the seller to let you buy it also. It's great to see your focus growing again.

I don't have a ton of cardbacks, maybe 20 or so. I have two of fett but one is a trilogo with the clipper(may have been a different company) little sticker catalog thing on the back. That one is my favorite of what I have. I will have to dig them out sometime to even remember what all I have.

@ trappedtexan  Hi Bryan

Thanks for you kind words, Mr Tyner really went out of his way to help me get that that rare MOC and even kept me updated as the parcel went through the UPPS system.

Are you actively collecting card backs? Please show us what you have … I have a few spare going if you need any - including this Boba Fett Palitoy below:

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 21 Palito33

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 21 Palito34

I wasn’t planning on selling it (I had it as a part of a trade with a kid in school back in the 90s), but send me a PM with your address, and I will pop it over to you as a gift

@DarthMatt22 – Thanks Matt, I am glad you like the Luke too. Hopefully it won’t be too long now and we will have some more to share!

@broke – You are like a machine! Good luck with the 27 figures that arel eft remaining looking forward to seeing the regular updates as new acquisitions come in! That display look awesome too!

@Centurio – Know how you feel, I am trying to reduce my import costs by asking the sellers to devalue the package declaration. I promise them, to take the hit it gets lost (as insurance will also be decreased) and normally they help out.

@Arohk – WOW!!! Larry, I never knew a 65-C was possible in Canadian bi-lingual. That is totally awesome. Do you know if Luke Jedi was released like this? I would love to track down a specimen for the archive even a cardback.

That’s cool that you have a piece of the original reel, what is the cell showing when you hold it up into the light? Hopefully it is a good scene! Good luck at the toy show!
EDIT: Just seen below you are a part of the 501st – what a cool way to promote charity! Have fun!

@DarthMatt22 – those prices are huge. Is it just because of the gun is black?

@AussieJames – James nice pieces and you won them! So even better too! Glad to see that you are still have the Ewok lovebug still going on? How many different Ewoks do you have now?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 21 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 21 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 29 ... 37  Next