The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 24 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12    Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 11:23 pm

Broke wrote:
Machinegunn wrote:
Congrats Broke on your Millennium Falcon!! Such a wonderful ship, and a true must have for any vintage collector!! Enjoy her man, she's beautiful!!

I'm going to get it all white again because it's a bit mismatched now. Should be simple.

Best of luck Broke, I actually have an affinity for old ships that have some discoloring... Not sure why, I guess it gives them that famous used look that Lucas gave the SW universe in the original movies... Vehicles such as the Falcon, Land Speeder, and Slave I...

Best of luck with the project, and if you don't mind sharing pictures when you're done I would love to see them.
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 11:23 am

Machinegunn wrote:
Broke wrote:
Machinegunn wrote:
Congrats Broke on your Millennium Falcon!! Such a wonderful ship, and a true must have for any vintage collector!! Enjoy her man, she's beautiful!!

I'm going to get it all white again because it's a bit mismatched now. Should be simple.

Best of luck Broke, I actually have an affinity for old ships that have some discoloring... Not sure why, I guess it gives them that famous used look that Lucas gave the SW universe in the original movies... Vehicles such as the Falcon, Land Speeder, and Slave I...

Best of luck with the project, and if you don't mind sharing pictures when you're done I would love to see them.

I'll post pics of everything. I'll be using light light peroxide and a UV light in short increments. It should take about 2 weeks by my calculations. Slow and easy so I don't destroy any plastic.
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 07, 2017 10:06 am

Machinegunn wrote:
Broke wrote:
Machinegunn wrote:

Congrats on the Falcon, Broke!

I've been wanting to put one together but I've been side tracked with finishing the figures first (as well as other collections).

And I'm going to agree with MG, I do like the discoloring look as well but maybe you'll change my mind with a polish of that Falcon! lol!
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 07, 2017 10:08 am

I'm now doubting myself. I'll wait until it gets here to make a ruling.
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 07, 2017 5:26 pm

Broke wrote:
I'm now doubting myself. I'll wait until it gets here to make a ruling.

Hey Broke, I didn't mean to cast any doubt man... Good luck with process if you decide to go forward with it... if you don't, I still think you got a gorgeous ship...
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 3:35 pm

got a killer top toys stormtrooper with cardback .. the bubble is only attached on one side and there is no gun but these are just impossible to find so im really excited .

i'll probably sell the cardback though , still debating in my head

check it
Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 12 Top_to14
Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 12 Top_to13
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 5:36 pm

Hellhippie,

Congrats on the TT Stormtrooper!

I would hang onto the card man, they are already a nightmare to come by, and will probably only get tougher to find in the foreseeable future. Maybe put the card in a starcase for display? Just a thought... Congrats again!
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 5:38 pm

No worries. I bought it on June 4th and I asked the seller for the tracking # today. Turns out he hasn't shipped it in 5 days. I'm a little put off by that.
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 5:52 pm

Broke wrote:
No worries. I bought it on June 4th and I asked the seller for the tracking # today. Turns out he hasn't shipped it in 5 days. I'm a little put off by that.

Oh man Broke, thats infuriating!! I cannot stand sellers that get their money and then sit on what is now your property!! So sorry to hear this man, I hope he ships it soon...
Back to top Go down
Chopper
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Chopper

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2017 6:41 am

LOVE that TT Stormie ... well done HH !!  Stormie Smiley

Have had a pretty good week attempting to send myself broke.

Been trying to complete my third set (minus last 17) of loose. Would like to get them but two complete sets including Last 17 is enough for me (All I can afford). Just R2 Sensor Scope (No COO) left to find !

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 12 Nbdf20

Decided also to try and complete a Mini Rig set, a few to go but these additions I am very happy with.

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 12 25icg8mYour Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 12 303blf9Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 12 Xp0kliYour Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 12 24lrnfs
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2017 9:00 am

Chopper, congrats on all the new wonderful vintage items... Big congrats on the POTF Mini-Rigs... been looking for two of those for years, so congrats on grabbing all 3 at once... Figures look great too...

Best wishes and luck on the Sensor Scope R2... Big group photo once the next set is done? (Sorry, love looking at photos)
Back to top Go down
Chopper
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Chopper

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2017 10:03 am

Yes mate .. just ordered a display cabinet so I will be able to display for the first time ever. Had a lot since childhood and never had an opportunity to display them, just sat in boxes for years. I will certainly do a limelight once the cabinet arrives.

Thanks for the kind words
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12    Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2017 12:51 pm

Chopper wrote:
Yes mate .. just ordered a display cabinet so I will be able to display for the first time ever. Had a lot since childhood and never had an opportunity to display them, just sat in boxes for years. I will certainly do a limelight once the cabinet arrives.

Thanks for the kind words

Chopper, that's wonderful news on the display cabinet!

What tragedy to have SW stuff since childhood and no way of displaying it... I think you are going to find a whole new level of enjoyment once you get it all set up... Whenever I have a rotten day (which seems often lately) I just go in the room with the shelf with either a coffee or a drink, and I just spend 7 to 10 or so minutes looking at our vintage stuff on display, and I swear I come out of there feeling a least a little bit better...

I look forward to you enjoying your collection, and your photos once its all set up.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2017 12:59 pm

Great pickups. Bill, I was unaware that top toys stormies had gotten so scarce. The stormtroopers and vader used to be the most common figures in the line. I wish I had pulled the trigger on a full set that was offered up shortly after I came to the forums. I think it was retrorewindtoys (Pat?) who bought the set. was a high price but in line with the market then, with current prices it would be considered cheap probably; but the whole set in one shot and the controversial lando helmet from the unreleased lando was in it. If I only had a time machine. lol! lol!

Chopper, cant wait to see the display all set up.

Machinegunn, sorry your having some rotten days lately, but good that vintage star wars (and hopefully by extension this board) are able to cheer you up.
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2017 9:26 pm

Hey thanks Bryan, I blame contractors and lousy weather as of late, you know how those things can go... but thank you for the kind words, I do love this website, and I am happy for Chopper's future display... Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Chopper
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Chopper

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2017 1:36 am

Some LL goodness .... Big thanks to Horacio !

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 12 Oko1lg

Ozio is the best in the LL business !!!
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2017 12:10 pm

Got to love the ledy line. My favorite variants by far. Both those figures look very goo condition wise also.
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2017 4:23 pm

Recent acquisitions:

Falcon:
Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 12 SjNSXh5
Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 12 DtyYUfQ
Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 12 Is1cklY

Tie Fighter Pilot:

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 12 L0LljaK

Medical Droid:

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 12 HUNy8J6

Black Hole figures:

Charles Pizer:

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 12 45M1TRQ

Another Maximillian, Vincent and Harry Booth (All of which I need to sell)

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 12 AieMBzV

Not pictured:

Han Solo Small Head----These are for Falcon Staging
Vintage Stormtrooper
Vintage Chewbacca----These are for staging in the Falcon

Incoming:

Vintage 12 back stand.
Custom Humanoid and Old B.O.B from The Black Hole done by Martin Lacy in the UK-- They are repro and until I can save $2500 for the real things this will have to do.
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2017 8:42 pm

Big Congrats to Chopper & Broke on the latest vintage additions!!

Chopper, the LL figures are awesome... That Emperor looks like a witch doctor from Scooby Doo or something with his black Chief Chirpa staff, lol!

Broke, that Falcon has gorgeous body color! I wouldn't change a thing about her, she's beautiful!! I also love all the new figs including the BH ones!!

Congrats again to both of you!
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2017 9:06 pm

I took it apart, cleaned the dirt off and got the motor running right. I think I'll leave the yellowing
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2017 9:11 pm

Broke wrote:
I took it apart, cleaned the dirt off and got the motor running right. I think I'll leave the yellowing

You did a great job cleaning her up man!

I would totally leave the yellowing, she looks like she's ready to land in Docking Bay 94 on Tatooine, lol!
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 2:22 pm

Machinegunn wrote:
Broke wrote:

You did a great job cleaning her up man!

I would totally leave the yellowing, she looks like she's ready to land in Docking Bay 94 on Tatooine, lol!

Actually those pics are from the before. It's really hard to see how dirty it was but it's clean now and all working properly. My only conundrum now is replace the torn and worn stickers with reproductions or leave them worn and ragged.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 2:47 pm

I recommend leaving as is. We don't support reproduction items nor those who make them so buying stickers for yours would help the producer to make more for someone who is not as honest and may use the newer stickers to dupe a person into paying more believing they found mint vintage example with all vintage parts.  Plus wear and tear to old toys is what gives them character to me. I enjoy seeing the wear and knowing kids had fun with this at one time.  It is good that it is complete. The training ball seems to be the hardest part to find usually, so good it is there.  I think it fits right in with your collection and looks great to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 2:50 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
I recommend leaving as is. We don't support reproduction items nor those who make them so buying stickers for yours would help the producer to make more for someone who is not as honest and may use the newer stickers to dupe a person into paying more believing they found mint vintage example with all vintage parts.  Plus wear and tear to old toys is what gives them character to me. I enjoy seeing the wear and knowing kids had fun with this at one time.  It is good that it is complete. The training ball seems to be the hardest part to find usually, so good it is there.  I think it fits right in with your collection and looks great to be honest.

Good advice. And the only thing that is broken is the satellite. There is a "Tit" on the bottom for lack of a better word, and it's busted off. It sits fine but the Tit doesn't go into the hole because it's gone. Everything else works great. I oiled the motor, fired it up and it's running like a scalded dog right now.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 6:06 pm

Btw, I skimmed over the black hole stuff. So did that guy complete your black hole collection?

It's great that the old motor works on the falcon. You've been really lucky with getting the electronics on all these things working.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 12 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 12 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 24 ... 37  Next