The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 25 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 10:13 pm

I need 3 figures to complete the loose collection. I've been really lucky to get things working but I can fix most things so that's never a concern for me
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 4:16 pm

New stand came in today. Anyone recognize it?
Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 13 GV4CYKr
Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 13 ZDgd7Br
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 5:33 pm

Hey Broke,

Congrats on the new stand... Is it the card board backdrop for the Action Display Arena?

Don't know if I got the name right but in any case congratulations on the stand, and the great vintage goodness that you have added lately...  Love that Falcon too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 8:59 pm

Broke wrote:

I can't tell if your asking because you are unsure or if there is something different about it and your trying to call attention to it? If your asking what it is, it's this:
http://theswca.com/images-toys/figuretoys/actionstand.html
If there is something off about it, I can't tell. It looks good though and fits right on the shelf there nicely.
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 12:11 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
Broke wrote:

I can't tell if your asking because you are unsure or if there is something different about it and your trying to call attention to it?  If your asking what it is, it's this:
http://theswca.com/images-toys/figuretoys/actionstand.html
If there is something off about it, I can't tell. It looks good though and fits right on the shelf there nicely.

Sorry for not being more clear. I replaced the 40th anniversary diorama with this vintage one like I had as a kid. Here is my old pic:
Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 13 TWYbpus
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 1:58 pm

Cool
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2017 10:05 am

The stand is original. The stickers look like they've been replaced because they are in too good of shape. And the backdrop is reproduction until I can find a loose vintage one.
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2017 10:41 am

havent been able to type well for the last few due to yet another shoulder surgery .. i feel better now soo

my latest ''''''''

han solo hoth no coo euro
rancor keeper no coo euro
lando no coo euro
r5d4 red rectangle !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hell yeah !! took a while
lobot 3 line hk darker headgear eyes and belt than the 2 line

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 13 5_star11

Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2017 11:03 am

Hellhippie,

First of all, Congrats on a great looking set of figures. Never even heard of a red rectangle R5-D4, but I am curious to know more about it.

Secondly, and more importantly, I am glad to hear that you are feeling better from your latest shoulder surgery. I hope that your injury continues to improve to the point that you forget it even happened. I wish you the very best regarding your health and recovery.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2017 11:43 am

hellhippie wrote:
havent been able to type well for the last few due to yet another shoulder surgery .. i feel better now soo

Well I feel like a douche, I knew you were having surgery and it completely slipped my mind to ask when it was and how you were doing. Sorry Bill. Glad to hear it is behind you and hopefully it is the last they will have to do on that shoulder.

Great pickups also, probably time to update the limelight since your collection is growing leaps and bounds. Especially when you get the bib back from Ozio. In that thread I mentioned an acrylic company and auto correct changed it. I was saying instead of grading you could go with GW acrylic product. They do make really nice cases. I had one for one of the vlix figures I had. The rear slid open to allow them to still be gotten to, really a good way to display if you want the figure in acrylic but still want access to it on occasion.

Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2017 1:46 pm

Thanks for your well wishes guys ,, no worries on the surgery Bryan , i had it on the 15th . Sick of surgeries for sure . Im alright i have many months of pain ahead , no biggie.

Danny upper left rectangle on the front of r5d4 is colored in . Quite hard to find these days. Shoot i remember when they were 20$ . Not anymore.

bryan im gonna look into a nice acryllic from them thanks . You know im not a graded guy
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2017 1:07 am

Bought a blue snaggletooth with no toe dent and gun today. My most expensive piece yet.

Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2017 8:53 am

Hellhippie, thanks for the info man. I have a few R5's I will have to check the decals and see if by some crazy chance I have one, although I doubt it, Lol! Stormie Smiley Stormie Smiley

Broke, congrats on the Blue Snaggletooth! That is one of the coolest figures in the whole line in my opinion, great piece to add. I know it was expensive, but if you can add a Blue Snaggy to your collection it's a great day!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2017 9:46 pm

Yeah it's a big purchase for me but I hope it's worth it.
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 28, 2017 12:46 pm

He's here and he's dusty. I'll clean him off good.

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 13 GhLESJT
Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 13 BqVEewa
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 28, 2017 12:54 pm

Looking good
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 28, 2017 1:41 pm

Congrats on grabbing one and the paint is decent on him. Many times almost all the silver is gone from the boots and the buckle.
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 28, 2017 1:47 pm

Broke,

Congrats on acquiring one of the coolest figures in the entire line! I agree with Bill, and Bryan's comments. He looks great and has lots of silver paint intact. Enjoy adding him to your display man Smile
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 28, 2017 3:21 pm

The boots don't look superb but I'm pretty happy with just having him. I've never understood the whole dent vs no dent thing
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 28, 2017 3:31 pm

Broke wrote:
The boots don't look superb but I'm pretty happy with just having him. I've never understood the whole dent vs no dent thing

I am not sure I get the dent either Broke, glad you were able to add this guy to your collection Smile
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 28, 2017 4:51 pm

Also my apologies for hogging this thread. I feel like I'm dominating it now with stuff that's coming in every few days. But it sure is fun.
Back to top Go down
Machinegunn
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Machinegunn

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 28, 2017 4:55 pm

Broke wrote:
Also my apologies for hogging this thread. I feel like I'm dominating it now with stuff that's coming in every few days. But it sure is fun.
Broke,

Don't apologize man, it's great that you are sharing your collecting adventures, and I love looking at all the photos too!!

I have stuff to photograph too, but I have been too busy with B.S. to get some photos done... hopefully soon though Smile
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 28, 2017 5:53 pm

The dent no dent is just that. On the front of one of the boots theres either a dent or there isnt one.
The value and rarity between the 2 is equal in most peoples eyes
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 28, 2017 6:23 pm

Happy to add a Top Toys Vader and Clipper Socket Gammy!

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 13 20170610
Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 13 20170612
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 28, 2017 6:40 pm

Did a quick pic search on google just so I can show this.

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 13 Dent_210
Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 13 Dent10

I believe I read in a thread long ago that the dent is believed to have been caused by some debris that got in the mold and it just hardened on the wall so some have it and some don't. Not sure if that is accurate as it seems that would have to be a piece of metal or something to be that hard that it stood up to the plastic injection. I tend to think it may have been the actual mold itself was made with a defect and it just wasn't caught by quality control.

Great additions John.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12   Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12 - Page 13 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your Latest Vintage Purchases - Volume 12

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 13 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 25 ... 37  Next