The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build   2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 12:46 pm

Superb work, nice to see this coming along! You did a good job of the seating area, and the pipe and wire work on the 'kissing booth' looks great lit up.
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build   2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 1:31 pm

Artoo_Detour wrote:
Superb work, nice to see this coming along! You did a good job of the seating area, and the pipe and wire work on the 'kissing booth' looks great lit up.

Thanks bro... I really like how everything is starting to come together. Slowly albeit, but it's really coming together! Smile
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build   2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 1:41 pm

And so the painting has begun!  I split the painting into two parts.  The back half I started painting the panels.  The front half I started experimenting with some weathering.  I tried several different methods and if I wasn't happy with the way it came out I would wipe it off and start again.  I finally settled on a Water Color wash of sorts.  

Basically just black water color thinned down to water consistency.  Brushed over the surface and allowed to dry for a short time (enough to let it seep into all the nooks and crannies) then wipe it off with a paper towel.  I used Tamiya Weathering Pastels to makes the oils streaks along the bottom.  I think the effect came out looking pretty good.  What do you think?

2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 Weathe10
2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 Weathe11
2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 Weathe12

Now, on the back half, I decided to do the "hairspray" method for the panels.  I masked each panel off and began by painting each with a coat of hairspray.  The kind I used doesn't matter, its just the bargian bin pump bottle, not the aerosol.  Reason why is that you can unscrew the pump top off and pour the hairspray into your airbrush and use it like paint.  I let it dry completely overnight then started painting each panel the proper color.  I'm using the DOA Falcon Acrylic Paints... great paint set!

2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 Painti10
2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 Painti11

Now I let the panels dry completely overnight.  When the paints had cured, I went over each one with a water wet Q-tip and wiped it over each panel.  I let that set for a few moments and then I took a toothpick and gently scratched the edges of the paint off.  Some places were a bit more "weathered" then I liked, so I just touched them up with the same paint and started over.  You can't use a paint brush with this method.  You should only use a airbrush.  Using a paintbrush will cause the hairspray to soften and will gum up the paint and look horrible then you have to start over from scratch (trust me, I KNOW! LOL).  In any event, here's what the panels look like when done!

2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 Panelw11
2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 Panelw15
2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 Panelw17
2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 Panelw13
2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 Panelw10
2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 Panelw16
2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 Panelw12
2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 Panelw14

To be continued...
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build   2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 1:47 pm

I got all the panels painted... still need to do some more weathering, but it's coming together nicely.  Here's all the panels painted now.  Also did the water color wash...

2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 Botpan10
2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 Botpan12
2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 Botpan11

Now that the main bottom hull is painted I can now finally begin to put the greeblies on.  Now she's starting to look like the Falcon should! Smile

2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 Botgre10
2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 Botgre11

Also notice, I cut the areas between the engine vanes to separate them and give them a more natural feel. Will sure be glad to finally get this part finally done so I can set it to the side and work on the top! Smile  What do you all think?
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build   2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 11:39 pm

Looks great. I notice in the pic where you can see both yellow painted panels that one looks a lot brighter than the other. Is it just the lighting? The brighter one sticks out to me in that pic, like it doesn't "fit" in with the rest.
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build   2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 6:50 am

trappedtexan wrote:
Looks great.  I notice in the pic where you can see both yellow painted panels that one looks a lot brighter than the other.  Is it just the lighting?  The brighter one sticks out to me in that pic, like it doesn't "fit" in with the rest.

Its just the lighting... both are the same color. still gotta do some weathering thou.
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build   2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 9:32 am

Just like many of you, I have been watching other's build this same model kit with awe and amazement.  I've watched how some people tackle a particular problem with detail or inaccuracy and think to myself why didn't I think of that.  I've seen some fantastical elaborate ways of solving problems that come out looking extremely incredible... but I think to myself why go thru all that trouble.  Well, here's my solution to a problem with the blaster holes on the top hull behind the radar dish.

I don't know why, but it seems as if the scan of those "bullet holes" came out as indentions.  Almost as if they are some kind of computer artifact that the computer couldn't quite interpret and just said fudge it and made them all even.  Now, I've seen some builders actually cut these holes out completely, use a soldering iron to melt the plastic, burn the plastic... heck... I've even seen some people replace the entire panel itself with their own scratch built part.  The problem they all run into is the metal framework behind them.  You could cut the framework or try to work around it.  Me... my solution doesn't damage the plastic panel or the framework at all.  All it takes is a little Epoxy Putty (also known as Apoxie Sculpt, Aves, Magic Sculpt, or any 2 part Epoxy Clay Compound that you mix equal parts together and it hardens by itself)!

Here's the panel I'm talking about...

2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 Hullho10

Now notice how nice and symmetrical these blaster holes are?  Even thou all the "holes" are in the proper place and position... they don't look anything like they should on the actual prop here (image of the actual prop on display at Star Wars Identities in France photographed by Jean-Marc Deschamps & Olivier Cabourdin)...

2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 IMG_6052

So here's my method... take a small ball of putty and place it into the hole.  

2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 Hullho11

Squish it down until it fills the entire hole...

2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 Hullho12

then wet your finger and make a depression or dimple in the putty.  Smooth it out so that all the edges are even with the top edges of the hole and then take a hobby knife or whatever else that you use for fine detail work and stab it in the middle of the putty.  Slowly and gently move it back and forth to create a hole in the middle wiping away the putty from the black inside the hole.  

2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 Hullho13

You can work it back and forth to create a realistic hole but not too big.  Remember the hole is only in the center of the depression.  Use the pushed aside putty gathered around the hole you made to create the torn flaps.  Notice that there are 2 completely filled holes here just like on the original prop.  Repeat the same process for each hole and set it aside for the putty to cure and harden.  Paint to taste!  

2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 Hullho14

Viola... you've just created realistic blaster holes without cutting, marring, maiming, melting, defiling or otherwise destroying the plastic whatsoever (however you can berate the plastic and call it names to your hearts content because it doesn't know any better, just make sure to kiss and make up afterward!) and you never have to worry about the framing behind it! Smile  When it's dry and all painted up you'll see a world of difference! Hope this little tip helps!  Lemme know what you think!
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build   2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 2:38 pm

Nice method for the blaster holes, I like the jagged/violent look to them. Kudos too for the panel painting and weathering. Really great job!
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build   2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 10:23 am

Artoo_Detour wrote:
Nice method for the blaster holes, I like the jagged/violent look to them. Kudos too for the panel painting and weathering. Really great job!

Thanks bro! Really starting to come together!
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build   2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 8:52 am

Just caught up with all the new updates!

I have to say.. the way you've been "battle scarring" the Falcon up is pretty legit, man.

As always, keep up the great work. I'm sure you're ecstatic to see your idea come to fruition! Laughing
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build   2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 3:55 pm

Well I had a 4 day weekend thanks to the holidays and spent them hand painting and assembling my droids I made for Shapeways.  First up was my 1:48 R2.  I was very pleased that everything fit together so nice an snug.  Didn't even have to use any glue on him at all.  He comes with 3 legs and I can position him with either 3 or 2 legs.  I will probably not even include him in my diorama at all, but I love this little guy.  

2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 R2-310
2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 R2-110
2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 R2-210

Told ya he was tiny, can fit him on a dime, almost so tiny that it's hard to get him to be in focus with my phone camera.  But once I put him inside the cargo lounge, he just shined.

2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 R2-in310
2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 R2-in110
2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 R2-in210

Really just puts things into perspective doesn't it?  Well... of course I can't have R2 without his lifemate and constant companion, so I began to paint my 3PO.  Of course R2 had to oversee the entire operation to make sure I did it right!

2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 3po-210
2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 3po-110

Now one of the things about 3D printing is there are limits to just how small you can make things.  One of these things are the pistons on his arms and legs.  I had to leave them off the 3D print but they are pretty easy to replace with some stretched sprue.  You take a straight piece of sprue (you know, that little frame that's left over after you cut all the model parts off of) and hold it over a candle flame until it gets really soft in the middle.  Then you pull until you have the right thickness of "wire" you want.  Can get really thin wires this way.  So... here's the stretched sprue I used from a piece of black plastic sprue I had in my toolbox...

2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 3po-pi10

Then I cut some straight lengths out of the thinnest area of the sprue and began to glue them to his arms and leg joints.  I painted them to match the rest of him and they came out looking pretty good.  Oh... R2 had to show off his 3rd leg and hopped up on an actual DIME... he's such a frisky droid.

2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 3po-310
2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 3po-as10
2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 R2-dim10

And finally... the money shot... yes they both stand on their own.  I haven't "permenantly" glued any of 3PO's joints together because I haven't commited to a pose just yet.  So many come to mind, and I guess we'll see what happens next.  Hope you all had a wonderful weekend... and are enjoying the build so far.

2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 R2-3po10

Lemme know what you think!
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build   2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 4:12 pm

I think......I want a set. Dang those are awesome. How come they can't print the piston, but the fingers they could. Looks close to the same thickness to me.

I still need to take some photos of the model you made for me, but a pair of these would look cool next to it, or in the jabbas palace if I ever get around to doing it.
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build   2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 4:57 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
I think......I want a set.  Dang those are awesome.  How come they can't print the piston, but the fingers they could.  Looks close to the same thickness to me.  

I still need to take some photos of the model you made for me, but a pair of these would look cool next to it, or in the jabbas palace if I ever get around to doing it.

Well I think it also has something to do with the length and the support. The fingers are small, but aren't very long. The pistons on the other hand are long and even thou are the same thickness, wouldn't print well. I might light them up with fibers but not sure yet. I probably won't use R2 in my diorama at all thou and I'm almost scared to try and drill a couple of hole into this resin runs the risk of it shattering.
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build   2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 1:50 pm

You can get a set on Shapeways Bryguy! Just look thru my shop... they are tiny thou... might actually work in your Jabba Throne Room! but probably not. I think they are a bit too big for that.
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build   2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2016 2:15 pm

Ok folks... time to add a new update to my build.  I've been getting alot of questions about my new corridor sconce light sets on Shapeways.  

2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 Lights28

They both (the ESB and ANH versions) come with this little tool I designed called the Drill Guide.  

2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 Lights26

But yet, no one can figure out how to use it.  I painted it with primer so it's easy to see... It's really simple to use... here's how:

First things first, identify the top of each cushion that needs a light on it.  On the back mark the top position so you don't forget.  Then, take the edge of my tool and place it on the top edge as shown and push it against the surface of the cushion.  Rub it back and forth creating a very light mark on the plastic (not so hard it does damage, and not so light you can't see it).  You can prepaint the cushion whatever color you want and it'll make the marking a bit easier as well...

2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 Lights38

Next, dip the pointed marker ends in a little bit of paint (doesn't really matter what kind, I like to use watercolor or arcylic paint here because it can be removed easily if I make a mistake.

2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 Lights31

Next, touch the painted tips to the surface along the line you "rubbed" into the cushion previously.  Just a dot of paint is all you need.  These will be the drill points where you will drill a hole.

2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 Lights27

Some have worried about how it will work with the convex or concave cushions, well never fear, just by tilting it sideways you can still get a good point mark on those cushions easily as you can see below!

Convex Cushion:
2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 Lights35
Concave Cushion:
2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 Lights29

You should now have perfectly spaced dots on each cushion.  5 for the large cushions (try to center them as best you can), 3-4 for the medium cushions and only 1 for the small ones.  Now, you want to prepare your holes for drilling, so, take a sharp hobby knife and prep your drill holes.  You don't want to make these too big, just large enough to give the drill bit something to grab onto as you start drilling your holes.  Make the starter holes for each pin point marking you made earlier.  Try to be as precise as possible in this step.  If you move off the first line you made it'll show later.

2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 Lights30

Next you want to take a small drill bit (here I got a 1/16th) and begin drilling the holes in each cushion where you made your marking starter holes.

2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 Lights34
2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 Lights33

Now that you got all your small holes drilled, you have 2 options here.  #1 you can begin gluing and drilling the large holes all the way thru both the cushion and the corridor parts or #2 you can set the part on the corridor and using the small holes drill thru the corridor.  I chose the second option here because my larger drill isn't very delicate, so I have to be careful when I drill with it.

2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 Lights32
2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 Lights37

The drill bit to use for my corridor lights will be a 5/16th inch or 3.8mm bit.

2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 Lights39

Yes I know, an extra step! LOL

2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 Lights36
2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 Lights41

Now that all the holes are drilled you're ready to install the lights.  Hope this helps and enjoy! Smile

2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 Lights42
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build   2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2016 10:16 am

Nice job. Making a tool to help with a kit is thinking outside the box. Most think of printing to be for a part itself not a tool for the part. And good step by step tutorial here.
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build   2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2016 11:29 am

trappedtexan wrote:
Nice job. Making a tool to help with a kit is thinking outside the box. Most think of printing to be for a part itself not a tool for the part.  And good step by step tutorial here.

Thanks bro. I've been trying to make things that help rather than hinder.
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build   2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2016 10:45 pm

Man..so much detail is going into this.

The reveal is going to be INSANE! Cool
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build   2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2016 10:22 am

darthmatt22 wrote:
Man..so much detail is going into this.

The reveal is going to be INSANE! Cool

I'm trying to get as much detail as possible into this. Thanks for that bro!
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build   2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2016 3:37 pm

As usual I've been busy making new parts for this thing.  Just put in an order for a whole slew of fiber optic cables in various widths recently and am waiting for them to arrive.  Until then, I designed a set of landing gear bay doors that are very accurate to the movie.  Here's what they look like on Shapeways...

2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 710x528_19734484_11243514_1501616796

Here's a screencap from the movie to show you what I am talking about.  They are the bay doors that close over the landing gear when they retract into the hull.  Here's  the screencap.

2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 Gear%20Doors_zpsxqjseaqs

If anyone is interested, here's the link for the parts: http://shpws.me/MVzo

Lemme know what you think!

Last edited by LrdSatyr8 on Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build   2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2016 11:44 pm

Bout time you got back to work on this thing. I will probably be collecting social security before it's finished. lol!
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build   2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2016 8:32 am

What can I say... I'm a busy guy! Besides... only got 12 more issues (3 more months) to go before I have all the parts. Then I can really start gluing things together! Smile
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build   2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2016 3:53 pm

That's coming on great. How cool do the mini R2 and 3PO look in that cargo lounge cheers
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build   2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2016 9:44 am

Looking great!!

The amount of patience you need is staggering , well done!
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build   2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2017 10:31 pm

After taking a much needed break, I'm back to working on this beast!  I've been working on a new package for replacing the platform that holds up the interior that will have the PITS!  Take a look at this:

2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 710x528_18038874_10573015_1489167013

Here's the link for it: https://www.shapeways.com/product/GWD5337AL/platform-replacement-w-pits-full-kit-for-deago?key=ef2e34d6032408348d5f3d3dc9b75c76&optionId=62189182

Here's the instructions I made for it:
2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 Platfo10
2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 Platfo11
2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 Platfo12
2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 Platfo13
2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 Platfo14
2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 Platfo15
2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 Platfo16
2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 Platfo17
2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 Platfo18
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build   2 - LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LrdSatyr's DeAgostini Millenium Falcon Diorama Build

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next