The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 8:39 am

I will give you guys this hint... it's on the DVD! Smile
Back to top Go down
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheSchwartz

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 12, 2017 8:48 am

Very Tough Question!

Well I had to put in the leg work on this one watching the movie last night (the commentary actually) and realized that my instinct served me well. The correct answer is in fact Nien Nunb and he speaks Kikuyu which is the dialect of a major tribe in Kenya.

Couldn't let this one go.
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 12, 2017 11:04 am

See that... Hard work does pay off in the end! Way to go bro! Answer is posted with the question... until next week!
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 16, 2017 10:41 am

It's Monday and we all know what that means... it's time for a new Trivia Question.  You all know the rules by now... no cheating by using the internet to look up the answers.  But if you're really stumped you can watch the movie DVDs again.  So... without further ado... let's get this party started and see just how good you guys really are!

Question 60:
What was the name of the creature Luke, Leia, Han and Chewie encounter in the Death Star Trash Compactor?

Answer:

First Correct Answer: TheSchwartz

Last edited by LrdSatyr8 on Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheSchwartz

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 16, 2017 11:05 am

Dianoga

I have one in AFA 95.
Back to top Go down
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheSchwartz

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 16, 2017 11:10 am

Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 21 Img_0010
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 16, 2017 10:27 pm

Sweet looking that is one I still need to get, not even sure what's a good price on this guy anymore.

Larry
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2017 1:50 am

Same here Larry,

That's on my list too. Really nice specimen Schwartz!!!

...oh yeah and I concur Smile
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2017 8:11 am

Didn't that only come with the Deatth Star playset?
Back to top Go down
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheSchwartz

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2017 10:01 am

Thanks for the praise Guys. Yes, these were included in the Death Star playset. You can find loose examples for about $50-$60 depending on condition. I got very lucky with mine at an auction.
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 18, 2017 9:08 am

I guess that one was a bit too easy... will try to come up with something harder next week. Answer is posted with the question... until next week kiddies!
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2017 8:31 am

Well folks... it's Monday and we all know what that means... it's Trivia time again!  That's right, every Monday I'll pose a new trivia question to test your fandom.  Just how much of a Star Wars fan are you?  Guess we'll find out.  I've been living and breathing Star Wars since I was 10 years old and know a thing or two to really give you guys a challenge.  But there's only one rule... a true Star Wars fan would know these questions and answers off the top of their head... they wouldn't need to use the internet to find the answers.  So no googling or using your favorite search engine or smart assistant for the answer.  You've really gotta put your thinking caps on!  So without further ado...

Question 61:
Which of all the Star Wars films is longest?

Answer:

First Correct Answer: TheSchwartz

Last edited by LrdSatyr8 on Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:06 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2017 8:51 am

Anyone watched all six back to back? morning to midnight job! When I finished my PhD many moons ago, I took a couple of days off to do it.

I think the running times go up for each release, so Revenge. Sith is longest for all six, Return. Jedi longest for original trilogy.

Betting that Rogue One is the longest overall ...

Back to top Go down
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheSchwartz

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2017 9:26 am

I attempted to watch all Six Back to back with my brother years back and we made the mistake of starting to drink during the phantom menace and then attack of the clones seemed like it took FOREVER and we both fell asleep before finishing. So my answer is Attack of the clones on that basis alone.

Craig you might be right with Revenge of the Sith as the movies do get longer.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2017 10:06 am

For sure the Lucas disasters feel like they go on forever so it has to be one of those. Of course now we have force awakens so maybe it is longer than the rest......I think I will say........return of the jedi. My reasoning is simple, the Lucas disasters don't count as movies but more as forms of torture and force awakens didn't happen since han isn't dead in my star wars universe. lol!
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2017 11:00 pm

Sorry guys but I will say The Last Jedi that is the longest so far. I believe ROTS was the longest until The Last Jedi.

Larry
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2017 7:46 am

The Holiday Special is the longest which clocks in at 64 days long - at least it feels like that... then there are the horrible flashbacks you get, the nightmares, the therapy bills... please anyone who has never seen Holiday Special don't watch it ever, it puts the Prequels into Godfather territory
lol!

Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2017 8:04 am

ArtooDetour wrote:
The Holiday Special is the longest which clocks in at 64 days long - at least it feels like that... then there are the horrible flashbacks you get, the nightmares, the therapy bills... please anyone who has never seen Holiday Special don't watch it ever, it puts the Prequels into Godfather territory
lol!

Oh comon... Harvey Korman as a 4 armed female Chef on a cooking show was awesome! And who can forget the virtual strip show that grandpa wookie watched on the virtual reality head gear? I won't even go into Art Carney or Beau Arthur here... but it's a right of passage for any true Star Wars fan... we all have to suffer thru it... and you're right... the Star Wars holiday special make the prequels actually look great comparitively! But at least one good thing came out of it... Boba Fett!
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2017 3:54 pm

ArtooDetour wrote:
lol!

Paul that is a awesome one full of adventure, humor all the good stuff if you havent seen it you really have to...We need to sucker those how never seen it so they can feel our pain as well bud..oh crap didnt mean to type that last part lol.
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 8:13 am

Well done you rebel scum... Impressive... most impressive... Answer is posted with the question. Until next week!
Back to top Go down
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheSchwartz

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 8:35 am

Holy crap I didn't see that one coming! Thank you Glenlivet 12 year !
Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2017 11:48 am

Salutations one and all!  Hope everyone is having a spooky Halloweeny season this year... Just for fun went to a costume contest this year and won first place!  Went as FrankenSinatra!  Was awesome baby!  It's Monday and we all know what that means!  It's TRIVIA QUESTION DAY!  That's right... each week I dish out a brand new trivia question about Star Wars and using just your general knowledge and without cheating by using Google or some online search engine, try to answer the following question... I've been pretty tolerant so far this week, you won't be able to answer completely unless you use the internet.  Soooooo... I've got my eye on all of you!  You can get most of the answer watching the movie, but not the full one!  Let's see just how many of you can resist cheating this week!  

Question 62:
What was the pilot's callsign that found Han and Luke after they had been stranded out on the Hoth surface over night?  Bonus points if you recall the pilot's name!

Answer:

First Correct Answer: TheSchwartz (No bonus points awarded)

Last edited by LrdSatyr8 on Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2017 12:03 pm

I think the call sign was echo 7. I seem to remember the line as "echo base this is echo 7......I found them, repeat i found them". I may be totally wrong but for some reason this is what I am recalling. As for the real name it is........ummm.......jorg sucal lol! Not really, I have no idea on the real name at all.
Back to top Go down
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheSchwartz

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2017 12:17 pm

Ha! I just watched ESB Yesterday it was on TBS I think and I was inside all day because of the deluge of rain.

Definately Rogue 2 but I have no idea what the pilots name is.

This one can be tricky because I remember Han's call sign being Echo Seven when he was reporting back to Echo Base.
Back to top Go down
Calrissian_Charm
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Calrissian_Charm

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2017 12:44 pm

Rogue 2, and his name was Jansen. I think... I know that was one of the pilot's names.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 21 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next