The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!! Empty
PostSubject: Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!!   Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!! I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 4:45 pm

As we start the 3rd and final fundraising round, I want to first thank everyone who has been so generous. I won't speak for the Gillis' but I can tell you that the outpouring of support reminds me how close knit the community is.  For anyone just getting up to speed, Larry's wife is kicking MS's ass right now but it's a long fight. All proceeds go directly to them for medical bills and support.

For the grand finale, I am offering up something I think is truly unique. This is a vintage Vader case, signed by James Earl Jones. This was signed specifically for this event. For anyone who doesn't know, I live in the same town as JEJ and through a mutual acquaintance he signed the case for me. I will include a COA from the Imperial Gunnery addressed to the winner.

I'm going to give this to a random donor and will draw the winner at the Empire State Collectors Club Meeting on June 13th.

I will ship to the winner at no charge

**Yes Mods, Admins, Devs, Previous Winners are all welcome to join**

Donations can be made directly to the Gillis family at

moppitareus@live.ca

please title it "TIG for MS". Every $10 will represent one chance to get the case!!

Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!! Vader210

Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!! Vader211

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback

Last edited by DarthBerizing on Sat May 30, 2015 9:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
jedi_rebel
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
jedi_rebel

Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!!   Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!! I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 5:37 pm

Count me in. Donation sent for a very good cause.

Jedi_rebel (rob)
Back to top Go down
http://www.starwarsgroup.com
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!!   Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!! I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 5:58 pm

John, I sent you a question on pm.  If I can enter I am in.

Edit: I am entered. What a Face

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!!   Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!! I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 7:25 pm

I want to see John's face when he finds out how much it's going to cost to send that autograph to my house lol!
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!!   Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!! I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 8:53 pm

aussiejames wrote:
I want to see John's face when he finds out how much it's going to cost to send that autograph to my house lol!

AJ, you must be crazy that thing isn't going any further than Texas. lol!

Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!!   Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!! I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 9:46 pm

OMG that is so awesome...can I donate to myself lol
Back to top Go down
Jedi Blueberry
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Jedi Blueberry

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!!   Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!! I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 4:56 am

Will look really nice in my house Wink count me in I will proceed with donation now.

Alex
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!!   Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!! I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 8:17 pm

I for sure don't want this to get buried. For those who are on Facebook how about sharing this little contest around? Let's see if we can get Larry and his wife a ton of cash and where else are you going to find a vader case signed by the voice of vader.

Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!!   Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!! I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 9:40 pm

Ya and I can buy it from the winner Jk lol

Seriously though I would like to thank you all again from me and my wife you all really don't know the strain this took off us. We pretty much cut everything trying to just stay above water over the last year. Your generosity has been over whelming to us both. I am still at a total loss of words and to see what John managed to get as a draw prize to give away is mind blowing to say the least.

I have noticed this getting around FB as well The only reason why I haven't put it on mine is well my Family, they would just blow it up as if I were begging and of course would blame my wife for it as they normally do, I know I didn't need to share that but I wasn't sure if anyone was wondering why I hadn't done it myself I am sure Knowing you all like I do it most likely never crossed your minds, that is one of the big reasons I have so much respect for all you here and why I consider you Family as mine sucks and you guys don't, lol.

And now this is Crystal speaking.

First, my apologies for not leaving a message sooner.  As I told John privately, every time I've tried, I ended up bawling. I'm an emotional girl, to say the least.

Second, I want to extend my personal thanks and gratitude to each and every member of the Imperial Gunnery.  Your kindness and generosity are, as my husband says, overwhelming.  What you donated in April allowed us to catch up on some long overdue bills that were threatening to cut our utilities off, and even left enough to do a real grocery shop for the first time in months.  I know you probably don't need or maybe even want to know that, but I want you to know so you can understand just how truly grateful we are.

As Larry mentioned when this fundraiser was first started, my immediate family are...well, a nightmare for me.  I'm not saying their evil, or bad people, just...incredibly self-absorbed and selfish.  After our disabled mother died in 2009, and after I had spent 35 years of my life helping to caregiving for her, and Larry and I spent the last 20 subsidizing them, plus a bunch of other stuff I won't bore you with, 3 of my 3 still living siblings, all male, let their true feelings for me come shining through.  (Don't bother feeling bad about the now dead one, he spent all but the first 14 years of his life as a drunk & junkie who didn't want to get sober.  Sired two kids he didn't raise and never left home.  He was a thief, never held down a job, and was physically and mentally abusive, especially to our elderly parents, who could never quite work up the courage to have him forcibly removed.  The only way we could finally get rid of him was to move Dad in with us after Mom died.  A year later he did the world a favour and died himself.)  The 3rd brother, very smartly now that I think about it in hindsight, checked out of the family 30 years ago.

So yeah, growing was far from fun.  My Dad's in no position to help us, my siblings don't even talk to me anymore (which turned out to be a good thing), and Larry's family won't help as long as he's married to me. No, we have no idea why, except that his mother doesn't like me for some reason and the rest of the family does whatever she says. Though we are on good terms with many of them, unbeknown to his parents, but the couple times we turned to them for help early in our marriage for small sums of money, repaid on time and in full, are still held over our heads. All of our other resources, including our retirement funds, are long gone.

To clarify, we both understand if you are unable to donate, that's okay, we DO understand!  As Bryan said though, we would be most grateful if you could share the fundraiser and/or PapPal info on whatever social media you are on.  We'd like to put it on our Facebook, but as Larry said, can't because of his family.  But we would both GREATLY APPRECIATE anything you can do to spread the word as the MS related medical needs that are not covered by either our regular health insurance or our extended coverage (through my old gov't job), are mounting.  We have applied and been denied every kind of disability or other funding because on paper, we make too much money. Could've fool me... :scratch:

So again, a HUGE THANK YOU to EACH and EVERY ONE of YOU!!!! *insert a few heart emojii here that aren't actually in in your selection, lol*

I am not used to anyone - with the exception of a few very close friends who have already helped to limited capacity - caring that much about me, or about us as a couple. That I've met none of you face to face, likely never will, makes all this so much more mind boggling.

Crystal
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!!   Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!! I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 10:01 pm

Larry is our brother and since your his wife that makes you family.  Very Happy

I am sure everyone here is thrilled that you guys are getting to be in a better situation and hopefully that is bringing some joy to your lives and easing some of your stresses and worries.  I really hope with some hype this case can raise quite a bit.  I have asked the mods at two boards I am at if it is ok.

Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!!   Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!! I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 8:54 pm

I posted this over at the Kenner super powers board. I want to say thanks to Mike Mensinger for allowing me to post it there. Coincidently Mike also told me I could post it at rebelscum, but John had already done that. Hopefully it will do some good and generate interest.

http://bkennersuperpowers.runboard.com/t30106

Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!!   Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!! I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 11:51 pm

Thanks you bro Smile
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!!   Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!! I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 12:32 am

I can't seem to get the link you have above to work John :scratch:

I click on it and I get a message saying default mail not installed properly :I am stupid:
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!!   Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!! I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 1:41 am

James that email is his PayPal address. When your in PayPal you click send funds and when it asks for an email or phone number, insert that email. It isn't a link unless you have a mobile then When you click it it will go to your default email and that is sending an email to crystal and Larry. You can copy and paste the email in to the PayPal send payment bar.

Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!!   Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!! I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 10:45 pm

Thank you Bryan - I believe I finally figured it out cheers
Back to top Go down
PrimetimeJedi
New User
New User
PrimetimeJedi

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!!   Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 9:09 pm

Donation sent Very Happy Also shared on my facebook group Smile
Back to top Go down
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!!   Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 1:22 am

I love being part of a community that takes care of each other.

Crystal, it's great to hear that this has lifted your spirits.

John, that case is amazing! It's pretty cool you were able to get JEJ to sign it specifically for this!
Back to top Go down
http://galacticheroes.wordpress.com
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!!   Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 7:08 am

JesseVader08 wrote:

John, that case is amazing!  It's pretty cool you were able to get JEJ to sign it specifically for this!

Thanks. Even though he will never read this, my hats off to Mike (mutual acquaintance) who helped me get it.

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
CorporateSlave
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!!   Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 9:18 am

Donation sent, wishing Crystal and Larry all the best in winning their battle!
Back to top Go down
Section 8
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Section 8

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!!   Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 2:05 pm

$10 Bucks sent and my best wishes to the Gillis family. MTFBWY....A
Back to top Go down
http://www.familytreeman.co.uk
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!!   Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 12:26 am

The more the merrier. We have just around a week until the drawing so let's keep this fantastic pace up and tell everyone you can. The prize is awesome so to get in for only $10 on that is fantastic.

Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!!   Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 4:48 pm

Thank you all and good luck everyone Smile
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!!   Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 12:30 pm

Great cause and I just made a donation, good luck to you and your wife Larry and I hope everything works out for you both.
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!!   Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 1:10 pm

Good luck to everyone who is entering this raffle, it's for a great cause  cheers

All the very best of wishes to you and Crystal, Larry.
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!!   Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 4:11 pm

Thanks Chris and snaggletooth it is an honour to be a member of a great family Smile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!!   Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vintage Darth Vader Figure Case signed by James Earl Jones! - Fundraiser for the Gillis Family!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next