The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Need help with Darth Vader figure!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
X_Firtahl_X
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
X_Firtahl_X

Need help with Darth Vader figure!!! Empty
PostSubject: Need help with Darth Vader figure!!!   Need help with Darth Vader figure!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 11:49 am

I have been having the hardest time with finding clear pictures of the difference between the telescoping lightsaber Darth Vader, and the Solid Piece lightsaber Darth Vader. I would appreciate it if anyone could help me with this dilemma!
Back to top Go down
geordie
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
geordie

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Darth Vader figure!!!   Need help with Darth Vader figure!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 11:53 am

Hi firtahl and welcome to the forum, there is a lot of information about the lightsabres available here
http://www.imperialgunnery.com/thelightsabersection.htm

im sure some of the more experienced collectors will be able to help you as well

Andy
Back to top Go down
X_Firtahl_X
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
X_Firtahl_X

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Darth Vader figure!!!   Need help with Darth Vader figure!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 11:57 am

It *looks* like I have a Darth Vader Telescoping Lightsaber Original Variant 4. Same color and shape. It's definitely not the same deeper red that the REPRO has.
Back to top Go down
geordie
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
geordie

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Darth Vader figure!!!   Need help with Darth Vader figure!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 11:59 am

Im not an expert on such things but some close up pictures would make it a lot easier for people to help confirm exactley what you have

Andy
Back to top Go down
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Darth Vader figure!!!   Need help with Darth Vader figure!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 12:03 pm

Just do a google search for DT Vader, there is plenty of info /pics on the net to help you out.

As a DT Vader owner i would never give out high res pics, too many scammers could put the pics to bad use.

I doubt any Dt owner would give you a close up pic tbh, not saying you personally would use them to make a repro but posting high quality pics on the net of such rare items is not a good idea.

Welcome to the forum btw.
Back to top Go down
X_Firtahl_X
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
X_Firtahl_X

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Darth Vader figure!!!   Need help with Darth Vader figure!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 12:05 pm

I understand. The only camera I have on hand anyway is my cell phone. I'll try to consult more pictures, and thanks for the welcome
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Darth Vader figure!!!   Need help with Darth Vader figure!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 12:06 pm

Welcome to TIG. Very Happy

This is one of the best ways that I've seen to explain the solid saber and the double telescoping saber.

This is the solid saber. Notice how the smaller piece doesn't move.

Need help with Darth Vader figure!!! Dt-sab10

This is the Double telescoping saber. Notice that the small tip of the saber slides in and out of the larger portion of the saber.

Need help with Darth Vader figure!!! Dt-tel10
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Darth Vader figure!!!   Need help with Darth Vader figure!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 12:08 pm

X_Firtahl_X wrote:
It *looks* like I have a Darth Vader Telescoping Lightsaber Original Variant 4. Same color and shape. It's definitely not the same deeper red that the REPRO has.

Btw a regular telescoping saber is in 1 peice. A Double telescoping saber comes in 2 peices, the tip will slide in and out of the main shaft. If you think you have a Double telescoping and need any help feel free to pm me.

Back to top Go down
X_Firtahl_X
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
X_Firtahl_X

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Darth Vader figure!!!   Need help with Darth Vader figure!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 12:10 pm

Excellent! that is exactly what I was looking for Smile thanks. Unfortunately, I do not have a DT Vader, but oh well, Vader is still pretty cool either way.
Back to top Go down
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Darth Vader figure!!!   Need help with Darth Vader figure!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 12:17 pm

Oh well, finding a DT vader would of been VERY lucky lol.
Back to top Go down
X_Firtahl_X
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
X_Firtahl_X

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Darth Vader figure!!!   Need help with Darth Vader figure!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 12:20 pm

Del wrote:
Oh well, finding a DT vader would of been VERY lucky lol.

Haha yea. I just cracked my cases open today and decided to see what I have. Apparently I have a Blue Snaggletooth that's alright. his boots have a small bit of scuffing but the rest of him is perfect.
Back to top Go down
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Darth Vader figure!!!   Need help with Darth Vader figure!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 12:58 pm

Thats cool, he's an expensive one to buy so thats a big bonus
Back to top Go down
X_Firtahl_X
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
X_Firtahl_X

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Darth Vader figure!!!   Need help with Darth Vader figure!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 1:03 pm

Oh, also if it's not too much of a bother, I have an R2D2 that isn't the pop up saber variant, but he does have a blue cap where the pop up saber would be, it just comes up a very small bit, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Discobob83
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Darth Vader figure!!!   Need help with Darth Vader figure!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 1:04 pm

X_Firtahl_X wrote:
Oh, also if it's not too much of a bother, I have an R2D2 that isn't the pop up saber variant, but he does have a blue cap where the pop up saber would be, it just comes up a very small bit, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

That sounds like the sensorscope version which is the most common I think.

I'll find a pic...
Back to top Go down
Discobob83
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Darth Vader figure!!!   Need help with Darth Vader figure!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 1:07 pm

Like this?

Need help with Darth Vader figure!!! 54838549.th
Back to top Go down
X_Firtahl_X
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
X_Firtahl_X

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Darth Vader figure!!!   Need help with Darth Vader figure!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 1:08 pm

Yup that's the one! Thanks Smile I'll probably have a few more questions, this is the first time I've seriously looked at my figures and I have exactly 50 of them.
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Darth Vader figure!!!   Need help with Darth Vader figure!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 5:41 pm

shawn_k wrote:
Welcome to TIG. Very Happy

This is one of the best ways that I've seen to explain the solid saber and the double telescoping saber.

This is the solid saber. Notice how the smaller piece doesn't move.

Need help with Darth Vader figure!!! Dt-sab10

This is the Double telescoping saber. Notice that the small tip of the saber slides in and out of the larger portion of the saber.

Need help with Darth Vader figure!!! Dt-tel10

My girlfriend just saw that post by been nosey looking over my shoulder and for a second she thought it was something rude lol!!

That graphic display is cool though! Did you find or make it Shawn?

Wlcome to the TIG Forum X_Firtahl_X Smile

Back to top Go down
X_Firtahl_X
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
X_Firtahl_X

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Darth Vader figure!!!   Need help with Darth Vader figure!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 2:01 am

It also appears that I have a chewbacca with a plastic net bag, and a c3po that can have his limbs detached and go in the bag. It's very difficult to get him to stand up :s
Back to top Go down
Discobob83
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Darth Vader figure!!!   Need help with Darth Vader figure!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 6:30 am

X_Firtahl_X wrote:
It also appears that I have a chewbacca with a plastic net bag, and a c3po that can have his limbs detached and go in the bag. It's very difficult to get him to stand up :s

The bag comes with the 'Empire Strikes Back' release of C3PO (which is the one with the removable limbs) The original ANH 3PO has attached limbs (and no accessories.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Darth Vader figure!!!   Need help with Darth Vader figure!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need help with Darth Vader figure!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1