The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!!   TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 2:12 pm

Everyone,

There needs to be a point made that I hope can end a lot of uncertainty. In trying to keep up on multiple forums, pages, PMs, etc.. it has been hard getting my head straight.

Let me be 100% clear and definitive on what is/isn't TIG's or an Individual's property

The Weapons Guide is TIGs. It is impossible to have a guide that has multiple people's photos that can be pulled on the whim of one person. It's for the betterment of the hobby and serves a purpose. It will always be out on the web for free (in case anyone thought the app would displace the website). I know some people find this tough to swallow. I'm sorry. However, in not having this issue reoccur we are working on replacing each photo with a generic version. This way nobody can try to lay claim to any photo. All contributions are with that understanding. I'm happy to report that nobody has had an issue.

Everything else is user content. That includes Shawn's Guide, Joe's Arco article, Stef's Droid guide. The forum's POCH guide the forums Ledy guide (there was another Ledy guide floating out there which was TIG project but it's gone). And absolutely anything that a user has posted in any thread.

I hope this clears that part up. Anything you can log into and put onto TIG is yours. I've said this from the beginning but granted it's probably lost in the weeds.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!!   TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 2:36 pm

Of course no one has a issue with replacing Wolff's (and other watermarked photos) - considering we all thought it should be done for a long time .

When you brought the idea for the app up originally , most of the team thought it was a good idea but at least a few did suggest that you put it on hold until Wolff's photos were replaced . Considering the history of Wolff's feelings on the issue , we all knew that there would be a blow up .

I (and probably a good deal of the team) thought that the app idea had been dropped or at least put on hold . We found out later that you had been working on it (alone) about the same time as the entire community found out .

I was more then willing to contribute to the Weapon Guide makeover , for the community , but not if you still planed to release a charged app . I will never agree to you having the right to make $ off others work .

While I am sure there is no objections to the photos being replaced by any of the TIG team , I do know that I am not the only one that feels making $ off it is wrong .
Back to top Go down
jared007
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
jared007

PostSubject: Re: TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!!   TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 4:33 pm

This is such a complex issue given all that has been said so far. I see valid points on both sides. Unfortunately for an onlooker like me it's really difficult to put all this together, clearly a lot of history and missed expectations, assumptions along the way by those involved. I really hope all involved can find a resolution and peace with the situation.

For what it's worth, I have no problem with paying for the app as I fully understand the material overheads that go along with an IT project. And people will still have access to the web version for free unchanged. It is not a crime to attempt to cover running costs. If you do turn a profit after meeting costs, then I don't think it's our concern to be auditing you either.

That said, those involved in the development and providing content need to be on the same page about this. And I think this is all where it's fallen down, for all the complex reasons above.

So paid or unpaid, I think the app has value and you should keep going. If that means scrapping a lot of work and starting again with original content images then that is the right thing to do. I have a good camera, and have learnt to take great photos with it, and would be happy to provide vanilla unbranded images for you to use freely wherever I can.
Back to top Go down
Mike_Z
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Mike_Z

PostSubject: Re: TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!!   TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 7:26 pm

I've learned that in life there are three sides to every story... Side 1, side 2, and the truth.

In my professional career I've always formulated character opinions based on my interactions with that individual directly. I suggest that everyone uses their own personal interactions with these folks to draw such conclusions, rather listen to others tell you why a person is THIS or THAT.

This situation has deeply rooted issues that span several years, involving multiple people and that's one of the reasons it's asinine for me to comment on any of the details. I've read everything and from the outside looking in... It all stinks of shit... And from both sides.

At the end of the day, the only losers here... The Community

And by the way.. if any of you care to know the proper way of having material/property removed or protected, it starts with a lawyer and a cease and desist letter. The way some of you openly air out issues on public forums leaves me doing this unsure

Chickenshack - Sorry to see you leave but I understand your position and commend you for standing by your convictions.

Back to top Go down
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!!   TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 5:35 am

Wow, I certainly am shocked by everything in this thread. I guess I just thought of the app as an extension of the website and a way to get info out to people in another convenient way. To me, the small amount of "profit" made would simply help offset the costs of keeping TIG online for all to see. I hate to see all of this bad blood.
Back to top Go down
http://galacticheroes.wordpress.com
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!!   TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 9:15 am

I only saw all this for the first time yesterday afternoon. So I'm a bit late to the party. I should probably not even comment at this point but he goes. I'll try not to ramble.

Normally I try and see both sides of an issue. And this case is no different. I've already spoken to John about my feelings on the subject. I feel the pictures belong to the site and can have done with them whatever John or whomever feels they can best be used for the site. If they were pics that were posted in a thread such as a limelight or in the "look what I just got" thread then I'd feel Wolff was wronged. As far as I'm concerned if you give content to whatever site you're helping out with it becomes property of that site. I feel the watermark Wolff is so worked up over acts more like a photo credit than anything in this case.

I really should end with my comments above and not sling mud. But I feel it needs to be said. Has it occurred to anyone that ol Wolff doesn't even care about his stupid pictures of stupid plastic guns? That he just saw another opportunity to take a shot at John and TIG? He has an axe to grind and just wants to put on a show. He could have just gone to John in PM and worked it out like a normal person. But he didn't because he likes to show how tough he is. He's taken his ball and gone home several times in my four years here. Always always over him not getting patted on the head and told he did a good job like a good puppy.

I also love how people that never interact here on TIG suddenly pop up to comment and say "Cancel my membership here." People who seem to forget Wolffs past and are two faced in my eyes. Because they are defending, and lets call a spade a spade because everyone seems afraid to say it, A KNOWN SCAMMER. And these same people will pound the drum on other forums about hanging anyone who so much as screwed up and mistakenly sold a repro weapon. They wouldn't even consider giving someone else a second chance for a mistake. But they'll come here and defend someone who did a really shady thing that hurts their beloved hobby. We're better off without them here in my view.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!!   TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 11:00 am

I hate how this situation can cause such division, not only between forums, but between individuals. It sucks...but when you see friends posting their feelings that go against your personal feelings, its hard not to have your perception of that person changed.

I believe in forgiveness, and that everyone should have a second chance. Wolff has done leaps and bounds when it comes to contributing to the community, which is far more than what I can claim for myself (or what 99% of other vintage collectors can for that matter). He's owned up to his mistake, took his lumps, and moved on. Couple that with the fact that it has absolutely no bearing on the situation at hand (yes yes I know it was the catalyst for some of the history between Wolff and TIG, but the actual ACT has nothing to do with this), I couldn't disagree more with calling Wolff a "scammer". Using inflammatory words like that, intended to get a rise out of people, and just sets the whole situation back IMO.

So you can count me as one of the other infrequent and useless members to TIG who doesn't want to be a part of it anymore. I messaged the mods yesterday to close my account, and didn't see a need to post it publicly, but the post above makes me feel like I should now. Best of luck to you all,

Turk
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!!   TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 1:21 am

kisstour03 wrote:
I only saw all this for the first time yesterday afternoon. So I'm a bit late to the party. I should probably not even comment at this point but he goes. I'll try not to ramble.

Normally I try and see both sides of an issue. And this case is no different. I've already spoken to John about my feelings on the subject. I feel the pictures belong to the site and can have done with them whatever John or whomever feels they can best be used for the site. If they were pics that were posted in a thread such as a limelight or in the "look what I just got" thread then I'd feel Wolff was wronged. As far as I'm concerned if you give content to whatever site you're helping out with it becomes property of that site. I feel the watermark Wolff is so worked up over acts more like a photo credit than anything in this case.

I really should end with my comments above and not sling mud. But I feel it needs to be said. Has it occurred to anyone that ol Wolff doesn't even care about his stupid pictures of stupid plastic guns? That he just saw another opportunity to take a shot at John and TIG? He has an axe to grind and just wants to put on a show. He could have just gone to John in PM and worked it out like a normal person. But he didn't because he likes to show how tough he is. He's taken his ball and gone home several times in my four years here. Always always over him not getting patted on the head and told he did a good job like a good puppy.

I also love how people that never interact here on TIG suddenly pop up to comment and say "Cancel my membership here." People who seem to forget Wolffs past and are two faced in my eyes. Because they are defending, and lets call a spade a spade because everyone seems afraid to say it, A KNOWN SCAMMER. And these same people will pound the drum on other forums about hanging anyone who so much as screwed up and mistakenly sold a repro weapon. They wouldn't even consider giving someone else a second chance for a mistake. But they'll come here and defend someone who did a really shady thing that hurts their beloved hobby. We're better off without them here in my view.

Probably the best post ive seen from anybody regarding the issue.
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!!   TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 11:15 pm

Just can the app altogether, mate. And start removing the knives because you just found out who your friends really are.
Happy to call you a mate John. Helped me more times than I can count and for NOTHING!! Never asked a cent. I couldn't even give him money for his help. I tried but he would never take it.

Star Wars collectors are some of the biggest dogs in the toy game. Fucken makes me sick the way some of you are.
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!!   TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 11:52 pm

https://www.forumotion.com/unscribe

Should be able to leave by clicking on the link and filling in your details. Took about 5 secs to figure that out. Obviously not much upstairs for some of you if you haven't worked it out yet,but I always knew some of you aren't the sharpest tools in the shed. Tools, but not sharp ones. Seems to run hand in hand with the Sheeples. Like running with the herd instead of thinking for themselves.

Last edited by Josh on Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!!   TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 11:57 pm

AussieFortuna wrote:
kisstour03 wrote:

Probably the best post ive seen from anybody regarding the issue.

And I will quote this again because it sums it up beautifully. Fucken dogs is all some of you are.
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!!   TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 12:07 am

The fact some of you think this is some money making scheme is beyond retarded. He ain't short of a quid. The idea that he is going to get rich or die trying with this app is beyond stupid. Some of you really like making yourselves look like total fools trying to justify your arguments. But keep going because it is highly entertaining. I can't wait to see what crap will flow next. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!!   TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 8:51 am

Josh wrote:
https://www.forumotion.com/unscribe

Should be able to leave by clicking on the link and filling in your details. Took about 5 secs to figure that out. Obviously not much upstairs for some of you if you haven't worked it out yet,but I always knew some of you aren't the sharpest tools in the shed. Tools, but not sharp ones. Seems to run hand in hand with the Sheeples. Like running with the herd instead of thinking for themselves.

That's the first useful thing you've actually posted. I am bit a too dim indeed to figure it out myself :scratch: Thanks!

After re-reading some of the comments above about people who don't post frequently here and are complaining about the situation (like myself)...you're actually onto something. People like me shouldn't be posting here. Hopefully there will be some closure soon and everyone will be able to move on.

Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!!   TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 8:54 am

Couldn't just leave could yah? Had to have some more theatrics..... Glad I could help your dumb arse out the door. drinking2
Back to top Go down
pattejan
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
pattejan

PostSubject: Re: TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!!   TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2015 12:15 pm

Hey guys,

I'm sorry that I'm very late with this post, but better late than never ...

When I read the ongoing dispute on the TIGapp and that there are still plans to charge collectors for using this app in the future I was more than upset because I really thought that John has agreed to offer it for free. No

I read that James (ourchickenshack) was also very enraged about this and when he left my first thought was to do the same. But I have to admit that I couldn't bring myself to leave the dev team - till now.

I really like the idea of categorising our beloved vintage star wars figures and share the knowledge with others - but I think it has to be free of any charges!

TIG was great! Here is a lot of knowledge and here are great guys! Thank you for having a ball! cheers

But sorry I can't stay as a member of the dev team any longer. Not under these circumstances.

I will stay as a regular member and I'm sure we will "see" each other on TIG.

Cheers!
Patrick

P.S.: Btw I was also very annoyed about the rough tone of some of the posts in this thread!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!!   TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4