The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!!   TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 9:51 pm

I posted a reply to Ian on RS but I want it posted because it illustrates my thoughts on pics given to a reference site as opposed to posted your pics on a forum. I want trying to take a hard stance but I hope this helps:

Not talking about the forum, but the actual gunnery pics are part of the reference site. It's not like a forum where Wolff posted them and owns them (which I fully agree with). He gave the pics to Jay. He's never produced anything saying he could remove them or take them back. He gave them to a reference site. He can't, years later, get upset and want them all back. He's also never produced anything showing he could arbitrarily pull what he gave. I know it's easy to say he owns it, but a reference site is not a forum. It would be impossible to run the site if anyone, at anytime, could take their ball and go home. I mean let's be pragmatic, who in their right mind would build a site using pics he agreed could be pulled at any moment? That's crazy.

As for the app, Wolffs pic above shows why I did the cropping. No malice ever intended.

I'm willing to give it away, Wolff is just hell bent on being a child. This was never about the money (which was his premise) , he hates TIG and wants to spite everyone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!!   TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 11:18 pm

I'd rather we spend our time working out a solution but I need to address some things you brought up Wolff:

"Aj....

I know that it was at least your idea to add the TIG symbold on top of every coo-pic of mine!

Fact is:

1. I send JayMassive the pics to upload them on RS...He was pretending to be my firend at that time!

2. Jay only uploaded them on TIG! (that is theft!)

3. You all (some of the team) then changed and tempered them! (That is illegal!)

4. You denied deleting them after I told you....several times (3x times)

5. Worst of all: I wanted at least my name added to the Coo guide! This was promised...three times! Never happend!!!

Shame on you TIG!!!

And there is no differnece between the ability to add coo pics or TIG emblems! I am not stupid AJ!"

The ticks & crosses were confusing I saw no harm in covering them up. It may have been my idea or I agreed to the idea- I saw no harm in that.

1. OK, you could have asked anyone else to transfer them over
2. You gave them to Jay with alleged conditions, I'm not sure breaching a condition = theft
3. I did not change anything, I provided some pictures that were added to it
no further changes were made that I can recall( I would have liked labels removed) at your request ( maybe the second or third time you asked )
4. "4. You denied deleting them after I told you....several times (3x times)" I do not know what you are talking about?
5. your name is watermarked on every figure coo guide. Credits always appeared on the site- initially not very visible, and was moved to the top of the page.

"And there is no differnece between the ability to add coo pics or TIG emblems! I am not stupid AJ!""

well perhaps I am. I do not know how to add coo pics, I took photos & emailed them in. I have no code access to TIG interactive, the TIG site or any other site management 'skills'.
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!!   TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 11:37 pm

I will make one statement only. This is a shame. My first home was TIG. John and Wolff are guys I call friends and I look up to. I honestly hope they can solve this issue privately amongst themselves. TIG has certainly benefitted from Wolff's help and research. Research, that many from this community have looked to, for guidance. My heart hopes the right thing happens and they can put this behind them, but I understand if that is not possible now.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!!   TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 1:14 am

wbobafett wrote:
DarthBerizing wrote:
For the love of mike.....................

Okay, first off all of the pics are on TIG. Every photo is cropped tight  so I could build the app in a format that worked. That's it, no dark  super secret back door shenanigans. As for this huge profit making  machine, dream on. Forget that the app took 200hrs to build (so no  "true" cost), I won't even make enough money to cover the expenses for  TIG for a year subscription. I'm not taking this money and rolling  around in cash.

It's an App, that uses pics from my site, that are condensed.

Wolff - I'll make it easy. If you want to submit pics with your  watermark right across the weapons i'll put those up in place. Just  match the overall sizing. I have no issue with it at all. I'd rather  distance myself from you because plenty of people remember you painted  rare figures to rip off fellow collectors, but if it means that much to  you I really don't care. I've never removed your watermark from the  sites photos have I ? No, because I gave credit where it was due.

jeez............................

DarthBerizing wrote:
As I said on TIG , these aren't the same thing at all.

Philip decided that any pics are his. Wolff knowingly donated the photo  to TIG. There was no ambiguity that he was giving the picture to TIG.  It's now TIG property. Any photo that is posted in forum is the users  and he/she can pull them down at any point.

In short, Wolff gave the photo. And again (as it bears repeating) every  photo was cropped down to size to fit into the small format.

Everyone, stop looking for a conspiracy, there isn't one

Again:

TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!! - Page 3 Jjiy1a2lb

Cut off parts (please note the shadows Wink ):

TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!! - Page 3 Jjiy1a2lc

Originals:

TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!! - Page 3 Jjiy1a2la

Yupp...have to agree...these wre just cropped for the app format.....of course NOT to cut away watermarks.....no....how could I ever think of that??? DOOOOOhhhhhhh

Here is the picture from the App, without the covering. Watermarks are cut in half,unreadable,and distracting.

TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!! - Page 3 Nien_n10

I know you're desperate to try and make it appear that I was purposefully shunning your work. I wasn't. I know you'll shift the debate to something else since I've debunked the money , now the cropping.I've consistently said it was intentionally for the app to look clean and consistent. Try and tell me it looks fine.
Back to top Go down
Richard_H
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!!   TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 4:04 am

I'm really sadden by all this. A great idea which has now been tainted. The personal feud between John and Wolff has done nobody any good in this especially TIG.

I think this app needs to happen. And there are two ways forward.

1. The images are redone using those who give permission
2. A simple pop-up page with thanks to x, y, z

Unfortunately due to the insults last night I'm not sure 2 is going to appease.

Can we put personal feelings aside and get back to stopping the real scum out there?
Back to top Go down
Kenneth_B
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kenneth_B

PostSubject: Re: TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!!   TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 12:21 pm

John/Marco, Please close my TIG account as I asked for Yesterday. Thanks in advance! And I have no intentions to continue the discussion from Yesterday. More than enough was said....

Bye to everyone in here! Smile I can still be reached on Rebelscum, by e-mail or in one of the Facebook Groups, and I will also always be there in order to help Fellow collectors and not least collector friends with what ever I can. Smile

Thanks for some overall good years in here!

Kenneth
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!!   TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 1:28 pm

Kenneth_B wrote:
John, Your personal attack on Wolff regarding the old "retouch" story with the DBRS Rebel Soldiers made me loose all respect for you. This was simply a total lack of class! It's bad enough, that you use other peoples pics for Financial gain for TIG without asking for their permission/approval - or offer to share the Money from the sales of the apps with the´se gentlemen. Mucht of of the pics in the app is Wolffs Work, as far as I can see... How much do you offer for instance Wolff out of the sales? Has Wolff ever asked for a Euro cent for any of his guides, which has cost him tons of time, which he could have spent with his Family instead?

Wolff has done so much good for this forum and hobby, but you're insisting om in hanging on to that old story instead. What Wolff did back them was of course very wrong, but he has done so much great things for the hobby since then. I assume, that Wolf for instance is forbidden to sell in here due to that incident, since I have never seen a Wolff FS thread in here? And I assume, that it's also why Wolff isn't part of any of the TIG teams in here, all though his Work certainly would justify that. Without Wolffs Work TIG wouldn't be the maybe greatest vintage sw ressource on the web.

I herby want to ask you politely to cancel my TIG membership/account! I simply cannot identify myself and my values with this forum, if this is the standard..

Kenneth_B wrote:
John/Marco, Please close my TIG account as I asked for Yesterday. Thanks in advance! And I have no intentions to continue the discussion from Yesterday. More than enough was said....

Bye to everyone in here! Smile I can still be reached on Rebelscum, by e-mail or in one of the Facebook Groups, and I will also always be there in order to help Fellow collectors and not least collector friends with what ever I can. Smile

Thanks for some overall good years in here!

Kenneth

Kenneth buddy.....please let it go if you feel you have kind of a home here or firends over here you would miss. It is not worth it to leave a site just because of the owner! I can see from where you are coming and I feel very humbled for what you are doing. it is indeed a great gesture, but please think of it!

I am happy others (not sure to name them?!?!? do you want it??) have edited their posts....and now are not leaving! This is not what I intended to make it clear!

I am very happy for the feedback. I am very happy for what you wrote, but for now....leave the keyboard....sleep over it....and let's talk again in a few days!

I am preparing one last post...here...on RS and everywhere! After that: I am done! I just thought this one needs an extra one...

Just a sneak: Sorry this got derailed last night (it was very late...I think last post was 3 o'clock in the morning??).....so I am clear minded again today...so hang on! Gimme some time.....

Thanks

Wolff

Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!!   TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 4:44 pm

Okay…just to make it clear: This will be my last post on this subject!

Please keep in mind: I am not a native english speaking person. I know what I am saying, but I often feel that I am missing out words I urgently need for such conversations. My vocabulary is limited!

1. I am very unhappy how this evolved! I know I am to point at as well. It got derailed! This wreck of mud slinging was also kind of my fault! I am sorry about that! It was very late here (3:00 o'clock in the morning I believe) so please just ignore the name callin.

2. I am fully aware of the situation for the "community". That is why I stepped back deleting my weapon pics as well as the Coo pics for several times! I was threatend…by false people as well…name them Jay or John…it doesn't matter! I will never get along with either! What has been done to me (and others!) hurts too much. I am just sad about people still believing in those guys….as the people that can be hold up for doing something for the community! They have not! Especially John! John…what do you personally have contributed to that site?? Okay…you are the owner….but that's all!

3. I was called out a liar on several issues! I called out TIG on a few issues! Let me just say this:

TIG does have ads! No matter what others say: they earn money! Proof?? Here you go:

TIG also asks constantly for donations! If you donate, you will get a special "color". People that don't donate are visible to everyone! People that gave away pics to build up that site are not respected…..you seem like a "cheap" member! It is kind of a blackmailing system…camouflaged as reward system!

4. I am no expert at all in costs of those! But I asked a lot of site owners: The numbers that were made public are just wrong! I am also no expert on mobil apps! I use my phone for making calls or texting….I am pretty much oldschool. I also asked around and to my information the numbers are also a lie! I am a hypocrite they say…yes I do have an PP donation button on my site! I even wouldn't help the site running….I asked Shawn (who is the site owner) to send him the money that is donated …he denied: You did the work..its yours! Very kind Shawn my friend indeed!! Kudos for that. But to make that clear: The money wouldn't even help to keep that site alive (8 USD a month)…..so…yeah…I get a lot of donations! ….What's with you John?? Please make your numbers officially if you tell around I am hypocrite?? I guess you are very well making a plus!

5. The main issue:
The problem is I don't trust John at all! He has lied too many times into my face! I hope you all understand! If anyone in here I trust will make this app….I am in! (as long as John is/stays the one making it…forget it: no permission!)

My terms are:
- ALL DONATERS ARE ASKED FOR PERMISSION!
- ALL DONATORS ARE MENTIONED!
- TIG deletes my Coo charts, that were stolen from me…changed and tempered with!
- My watermarks stay on my pics…fully readable! As mentioned by several peopel: it isn't that hard…..removing them or slide them…it is the sam amount of work!
- The app is for free or all money is donated for charity! (à We want a proof of that)

Then you can even ad TIG….I don't care anymore! My point is taken! I was fooled…with false friends over years on TIG! Then threatend with failures I personally made (it is okay…I think I earned that?)….but enough is enough! I needed years to have the ***** to finally set things right in public! As said…I am well aware that I am a "bitter one" myself….no reason to get everyone galumph over me for years…years I tried to make things right!

Thats all!

Now do what you (TIG) want..lie, cheat, pretend to be nice! I really hope people do learn one thing from this: Be carefull when added to the team on TIG!!!! I have now experienced the way this whole site acts through several of collectors over 6 years!!! Be aware…be smarter then me…be safe!

Best of luck!

Wolff

PS: Please keep in mind which respected members left TIG for such reasons since it has been started! Latest victim is Kenneth_B: Peace my friend!
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!!   TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 5:42 pm

My replies in RED:

Please keep in mind: I am not a native english speaking person. I know what I am saying, but I often feel that I am missing out words I urgently need for such conversations. My vocabulary is limited!

1. I am very unhappy how this evolved! I know I am to point at as well. It got derailed! This wreck of mud slinging was also kind of my fault! I am sorry about that! It was very late here (3:00 o'clock in the morning I believe) so please just ignore the name callin.

MY REPLY: It's an excuse, you're famous for name calling and getting out of hand. It was (and is) your trademark. You will never change, you just the excuse [It was late, I was drunk, I was depressed, etc..]. Just own who you are

2. I am fully aware of the situation for the "community". That is why I stepped back deleting my weapon pics as well as the Coo pics for several times! I was threatend…by false people as well…name them Jay or John…it doesn't matter! I will never get along with either! What has been done to me (and others!) hurts too much. I am just sad about people still believing in those guys….as the people that can be hold up for doing something for the community! They have not! Especially John! John…what do you personally have contributed to that site?? Okay…you are the owner….but that's all!

MY REPLY: You can't delete the pics, because it's not a forum. You gave them to TIG. You also don't care because I offered to release the app for free since the whopping $32 raised was bothering you so much. You've also pointed out that you've asked time and time again to take your stuff down. Which is it? Your baseless claim of being threatening is just bull. You've told me you hope I choke (very nice) and on another forum you were proud to say you told TIG to eff itself. You're not sad, you're bitter and angry and now that time has passed that people forget what you did some of the people asking for your head and accusing TIG of harboring you are now your supporters it seems which is fine) you want to be the good guy. Let's remember you made more repainting one figure than I've ever made on TIG in total. Lastly , what have I contributed? I kept it going when Jay when missing, it's still going. I also protected the integrity of the site from the potential damage you caused. So my biggest accomplishment was helping (along with Chris) TIG survive you.

3. I was called out a liar on several issues! I called out TIG on a few issues! Let me just say this:

TIG does have ads! No matter what others say: they earn money! Proof?? Here you go:

TIG also asks constantly for donations! If you donate, you will get a special "color". People that don't donate are visible to everyone! People that gave away pics to build up that site are not respected…..you seem like a "cheap" member! It is kind of a blackmailing system…camouflaged as reward system!

MY REPLY: If you're not logged into the site, you see banner ads from forumotion which hosts the site. I don't get revenue from it. So nice try, but maybe take a moment to learn about the forum platform before a baseless accusation. Nice try though

4. I am no expert at all in costs of those! But I asked a lot of site owners: The numbers that were made public are just wrong! I am also no expert on mobil apps! I use my phone for making calls or texting….I am pretty much oldschool. I also asked around and to my information the numbers are also a lie! I am a hypocrite they say…yes I do have an PP donation button on my site! I even wouldn't help the site running….I asked Shawn (who is the site owner) to send him the money that is donated …he denied: You did the work..its yours! Very kind Shawn my friend indeed!! Kudos for that. But to make that clear: The money wouldn't even help to keep that site alive (8 USD a month)…..so…yeah…I get a lot of donations! ….What's with you John?? Please make your numbers officially if you tell around I am hypocrite?? I guess you are very well making a plus!

MY REPLY:I don't have clue what you're saying. I'm guessing you're asking what the sites cost in relation to my donations? I get about $200 in donations a year. The highest I got was $50, lowest $3. When people don't via the site, the forum actually just issues credits that I spend on the site. When I get it privately, it sits in Paypal. Last year when we were running out of bandwidth around the 25th or 26th (people might remember the main site going down). I went into paypal and paid to upgrade us to 30GB of data per month. I don't anyone outside of you thinks I'm making money off the site.

As for the app. I used Appmakr. For me to publish it on iTunes requires me to buy a $499 subscription, the $99 fee to Apple. If I want to just give the app away, it's $108 per year to host, then $25 to Google and $99 to Apple. So a free app will cost me $232 to give away. So if I gave away the app and asked for a donation of $8 to cover the cost I'd have to get 29 donations to break even. So again, this wasn't some money making scheme.

5. The main issue:
The problem is I don't trust John at all! He has lied too many times into my face! I hope you all understand! If anyone in here I trust will make this app….I am in! (as long as John is/stays the one making it…forget it: no permission!)

MY REPLY: Considering all things, I can live with you not trusting me. I've never ripped off anyone, I've kept a great site running for years (with a lot of help) and despite your revisionist history helped you out. I'll say no more on that but don't you dare take that away from me. I've also helped dozens of people in a lot of ways so I'm secure about my place in the community. This app was just another way to solidify TIG's place in the world and your attempt to show the pics just proved there was nothing to hide. I still feel TIG's photos (NOT THE FORUM WHERE A POSTER OWNS EVERYTHING) are TIG's and I will be granting your wish and replacing every photo so you will never have to worry again. I've asked everyone to please make it a priority. Then you can complain you're not getting credit for the former pictures.

My terms are:
- ALL DONATERS ARE ASKED FOR PERMISSION!

MY REPLY: Made my point. Will remedy this.

- ALL DONATORS ARE MENTIONED!

MY REPLY: Same here, on the main site, in the full pics, and on the welcome screen of the app had you taken the time to find out.

- TIG deletes my Coo charts, that were stolen from me…changed and tempered with!

MY REPLY: You gave the guide to Jay to post up on TIG and RS (I've got a post attesting to it) so you knew you were giving it away. It's outdated but I'm removing it because you're whining. If you can refute that I'll pull it down. It gets little traffic since you released 3.0 but I don't accept getting bullied

- My watermarks stay on my pics…fully readable! As mentioned by several peopel: it isn't that hard…..removing them or slide them…it is the sam amount of work!

MY REPLY: Until I remove every pic you ever made, they will remain watermarked as they have. You're trying to make an issue out of nothing. I've made my point, you enforced it when trying to show I did something wrong.

- The app is for free or all money is donated for charity! (à We want a proof of that)

MY REPLY: I don't have to prove anything to you. I'll re issue the app once the site is renovated. Then I'll do whatever I think is best. If you want to build and distribute your own, be my guest.

Then you can even ad TIG….I don't care anymore! My point is taken! I was fooled…with false friends over years on TIG! Then threatend with failures I personally made (it is okay…I think I earned that?)….but enough is enough! I needed years to have the ***** to finally set things right in public! As said…I am well aware that I am a "bitter one" myself….no reason to get everyone galumph over me for years…years I tried to make things right!

MY REPLY: You had friends until you put the site in jeopardy and performed one of the most intentional acts of fraud I've ever seen. You seem to think it's no big deal now since time has passed. It's still deplorable and frankly I'm a little surprised at certain replies. Time heals all wounds but it doesn't grant absolution. So you caused your issues despite what you may think. I've also not engaged you since then because I think what you did was disgusting. So the only time I say anything is when you take a shot at TIG or go on about something. It won't be an issue as soon as I replace everything

Thats all!

MY REPLY: I certainly hope so

Now do what you (TIG) want..lie, cheat, pretend to be nice! I really hope people do learn one thing from this: Be carefull when added to the team on TIG!!!! I have now experienced the way this whole site acts through several of collectors over 6 years!!! Be aware…be smarter then me…be safe!

MY REPLY: Lie and cheat? Pretend to be nice? Okay, whatever helps you sleep at night big guy. I'm not a saint, don't claim to be, but I've still never ripped off anyone or did what you did. Everyone on the TIG team are people I respect and like. You know what else? We fight and argue over things. We bicker over points. And yet we're still intact.

Best of luck!

MY REPLY: Likewise

Wolff

PS: Please keep in mind which respected members left TIG for such reasons since it has been started! Latest victim is Kenneth_B: Peace my friend!

MY REPLY: People have come and go. Some I miss some I'm glad. I hope the good people stay but all all welcome.
Back to top Go down
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
M4K3R1

PostSubject: Re: TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!!   TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 7:16 pm

Gentleman, PLEASE, find a resolution to this, that is in accordance to all parties involved.
Im not commenting on ownership issues, but this is not good for any SW site,
all this creates is a reason for some of the long time members who have given the heart and soul to this and other sites,
want to leave, and not contribute anymore. And that is a real shame.
Back to top Go down
pattejan
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
pattejan

PostSubject: Re: TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!!   TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 7:03 am

Seems I'm a little late ... but here are my two cents to the TIG-App/Wolff's-pictures dispute.

As my English is not the best and nearly everything is said already I'm going to make it short:

I'm happy that the app is removed and that all photos will be replaced! I also appreciate that the new version of this app will be for free as I think it's the better way to keep the site running by donations not by selling knowledge.

This unbearable conflict between John and Wolff has the potential to really harm the project of systematisation of our beloved vintage SW figures and the reputation of our favourite SW site TIG. I know the following is just wishful thinking but nevertheless: I really hope that one day John and Wolff will settle the quarrel and Wolff will become a member of the TIG developer team. That could really quicken our joint efforts to categorise the vintage SW world.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!!   TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 10:25 am

(Reposting from RS just for consistency)

FOR THE LAST TIME, I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE FORUM IN RELATION TO PHOTOS. YOUR POSTINGS ARE YOURS. AGAIN YOUR PICTURES, THOUGHTS, VIDEOS ARE YOURS. I CAN'T MAKE THIS ANY CLEARER.

I AM TALKING ABOUT THE IMPERIALGUNNERY. THAT SITE IS A REFERENCE GUIDE. YOUR CAN NOT POST THERE. YOU'RE ONLY VIEWING REFERENCE GUIDES. WHY ON EARTH WOULD ANYONE THINK THEY COULD DONATE PICTURES TO A REFERENCE SITE THEN PULL THEIR ITEMS IF THEY SUDDENLY FEEL LIKE IT? IF THIS WERE A PRINT MAGAZINE, CAN YOU COLLECT EVERY ISSUE AND CUT OUT YOUR PICS YEARS LATER? IF YOU DONATED A PHOTO OR PICTURE TO A MUSEUM CAN YOU WALK IN YEARS LATER A'S PULL IT OFF THE WALL? I WASN'T AROUND WHEN HE GAVE THOSE PICTURES. BUT THERE ISN'T ANYTHING THAT I CAN FIND THAT SAYS PEOPLE CAN DONATE AND RESCIND AT WILL. THAT'S INSANE.

I'm sorry for going all caps but enough ifs enough. For the love of God people, I'm not talking about the forum where users posts. That is sacrosanct, and will continue to be. I will never stop a user from editing, deleting, etc. That's what Philip did. It's wrong, there is no question.

This is the reference site. It's a different site. You can't post, you can only give pictures to the site editors. Again, your can "give" them to us and we can choose to post them if it helps the community. I can't make this distinction any more clear.

Again (since its clear people are just jumping to the end and not reading every post) it's clear on the preceding pages the format and cropping made watermarks difficult and ugly. ONLY ON THE CONDENSED VERSION OF THE APP. The main site has all the full pics, watermarks, and full credit had been there for 3 years (I took the site over in 2012 so before that I'm not responsible). Since nobody actually saw the app, the welcome screen thanks contributors and encourages people to use the full site.

AND I DIDN'T BRING UP WOLFFS FRAUD, HE DID.

Seriously I'm getting sick of this. I'm done defending a good idea, that was well intentioned. Most telling me I should give it away had never donated a cent to running the site. So enough with the money remarks. I can make the site a pay site if I want. I never will. I can throw up banners to make income. I haven't.

And funny but Wolff could've just PMed me and asked me about the pics long before the site launched. I had pics up weeks ago, and possible pricing. But instead he waited for it to launch, then posted here, on TIG, SWFUK and more FB pages than I can count. So this could've been asked, explained and fixed if he just sent a message of posted a question.

Maybe this is long overdue. In case anyone doesn't understand, there are two sites. Here is what you can do on each.

WWW.IMPERIALGUNNERYFORUM.COM

You can post content.
You can post pictures.
You can post video.
Anyone that you post is yours. You may add/delete/edit any thread at any time. It is all yours.

WWW.IMPERIALGUNNERY.COM

You can view reference guides
You CAN NOT post content of any kind
You can donate pictures if you have something not on the guide, but TIG will decide if it's posted (obviously we have to verify new things)

So saying I didn't have permission to anything only works if Wolff claims he didn't give the site the photos. He isn't refuting this. The mobile apps cropping cut off watermarks (again well shown a few pages back) made me decide to just hide all watermarks (including ones from other members, TIG itself too) to give a clean look. The full site, where I'd guess over 99% of our traffic would be has names and watermarks intact.

This boils down to an app (that would be at best a break even or slightly above cost) that traffics under 1% of of viewing only having an acknowledgment in the welcome screen that actually encourages people to go to the main site where the full size photos are there with watermarks and names listed on each photo.
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!!   TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 10:40 pm

Just want to let everyone know that I have retired as a mod due to personal differences between John and I over this issue .

The rest of the TIG team is working very hard to replace all watermarked images in the weapons guide . I wanted to contribute but I needed to know that John still intended to release the TIG app free to the public - he would not give me a definitive answer one way or the other , only that he didn't know for sure yet .

There was a offer by myself (and at least a couple other members on the team) to donate to the cost of the app ($600 if I remember correctly) but John still couldn't make a decision for the app to be free .

After a few other members agreed that the app should be free John's "solution" was to put a halt to the whole project .

At this point , although disappointed with the end of a good idea (a free app is a good idea right ?) I wanted John to at least confirm that he would not try to release a charged app at a future date (or any other way to make money off the contributions of TIG members) before I would be willing to contribute to the reworked weapons guide . Unfortunately John could not confirm or deny this either No

I decided that this information should be made public , and told John that I planed to . His answer was , although he would be disappointed , he asked that I keep it accurate .

I believe this is as accurate as I can be What a Face
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!!   TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 11:10 pm

Before I clarify anything, I will thank James for the time and commitment he's shown to TIG during his tenure. I told him his position is always here for him.

So, James told me he would only continue if I promised to never do anything that could result in monetizing anything the site. My answer was that I would be lying if I guaranteed to never do anything forever. It's an impossible promise to make. Wolff made it clear he wouldn't allow me the release of the app for free unless I met his demands. It involved more than making it free and it stripped TIG of everything except all the work and distribution. So, this requires me starting the app completly over. I am also going to work with the the team to replace every photo. Since the app is a new I may do other things like merchandise, services, etc.. I really don't know. Regardless, while I have no plans to do anything ATM I can't promise that I might not have something in the future.

However I will promise that the ImperialGunnery website is ,and will always be, a free resource for everyone. This will never change. So as long as you have Internet and a PC/Smartphone/Macbook/iPhone you will have free access to Imperialgunnery
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!!   TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 11:38 pm

ourchickenshack wrote:
Just want to let everyone know that I have retired as a mod

Sad times over this app. No
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!!   TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 2:51 am

It is very sad to see a very close friend leaving the TIG team. Sad
But I understand and fully respect your choice.

Thank you for all your hard work, James!

I hope we can still enjoy your humor loaded contributions in the future.
Hang on buddy we stay in touch!

Cheers
Marco
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!!   TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 3:22 am

This is sad news indeed, but I can completely understand your viewpoint on this issue Jim, it is a very noble Gesture that you have made.

These are sad times for TIG, it has seen two of the most highly respected and knowledgeable, long term members leave. Members whose invaluable  contributions to TIG over the years, have helped make it the world's best known reference site that it is today.

Now we see a moderator stepping down over this issue, I hope lessons will be learnt from this unfortunate situation. So that these kind of issues do not affect the popularity of TIG, it's running and development For the future.
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!!   TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 4:16 am

I'm very sorry to see you leave the team bro. You have been a fantastic contributor and brought us all a great deal of pleasure with your unique brand of humour. You've left some pretty big boots to fill.
I hope that you will remain an active member, because the place wouldn't be the same without you.

Speak soon.  Very Happy

Steve
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!!   TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 5:49 am

Sad
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!!   TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 10:04 am

James, A big thanks for all your hard work as a MOD. I was very disheartened to read this. Sad
Hopefully you will be sticking around and wowing us with your humor and great custom figures.
Thanks again my friend

Clint
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!!   TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 11:09 am

I just posted this to rebelscum, I am posting it here as well. To understand the context you may need to view the rebelscum thread.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthBerizing View Post
Kenneth

If you posted anything on TIG, it is yours. That has always been, currently is, and will always be the case. I can't stress this enough. I completely respect that if a person posted something , they can do as they wish with it.

The TIG Interactive is different. These are published works for reference and it's not cut and dry. The Ledy guide is work done by several people. I can't remove a certain persons work. That makes no sense at all. But say Shawn and Joes work which is solely something they did , I would absolutely respect their decision. I also took down to COO guide a few days ago. I didn't make any fanfare about it. That issue predated me but as much as I feel he gave it to TIG (he doesn't deny that) it doesn't hurt the community to pull it at this stage. So it's gone

John, I need some clarification as the first sentance here contradicts the last paragraph here. The Ledy guide, droids guide, glasslite guide, etc all started as discussions in the forum and in fac the guides only link the page where the figure is discussed to so since they began life on the forum but we're moved by someone to the main site they belong to the site? I have remained neutral as you can see from my previous posts in the thread, but now I am confused are the forum pics ours as members or not? If they are the. The guide pics belong to the members who posted them correct since they were created in a discussion thread. I am not trying to be difficult but if in the future you make an app that encompasses these guides then what happens if say Stefan gets upset because you usd the droids or glasslite guides (those are both primarily his if not solely as I don't remember if he got any other contributed pics)?

i have enjoyed my time at TIG and will continue to be a member but can you not see what this app has caused. This app created a huge division and has caused some great people to either step down from mod or walk away from the site completely. This whole thing was shocking but none more so than James's statement last night. You had guys offer to pay for the app with donations but you could not assure them that it would be a free app? Why? No one has asked me, but you want my opinion......let this app idea die away and hopefully this thread will die away and get buried here as well. Maybe TIG forum will heal from its injuries quickly and this can become a thing of the past.

aussifortuna there are threads about the Wolff incident around. The long and short of it he repainted a figure, sold it, got caught, made apologies, left, came back to the community, and has been either liked or disliked by the people who were around then. He has made repentance over it and swore it was a one time event. It was before my time around the forums so I don't have a stance on it really; as I said both John and Wolff I consider friends.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!!   TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 11:26 am

That's a fair question and sorry I wasn't clear. TIG Interactive articles, if done by a single person, are their property (unless some alternate agreement was made). End of Story.

Joe Y, Shawn, Stef and anyone else who wrote something that made it to TIG interactive owns it.

Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!!   TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 11:47 am

Thank you guys cheers

I just can't stand Johns attitude on this and I won't support it . Don't get me wrong , although I think Wolff has done a tremendous amount of work for the collecting community , I am far from his biggest fan . The constant whining and needing to be patted on the back drives me crazy . I do believe that , regardless of what John thinks , Wolff's watermarked photos are his - if he wants them gone they need to be . If nothing else it will give Wolff one less thing to be pissed off about .

My real issue is that John stated publically that he would make the app for free - now he thinks , since the rest of the team is taking all new pics , he has the option to charge now . What he said publically can't be undone - to go back on it later would only drag him down again , which is bad for TIG's rep and everyone involved .

I probably won't post as much but I'll still be around ....

I'm not turning my back on the guys at TIG that I consider great friends cheers

Let's just say I have too many differences with John to ignore Mad

Thank you for all your support (publically and privately) - james
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!!   TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 12:36 pm

wbobafett wrote:

You never give something "away" John! You never did! You have no friends...you never give or share...you are always only looking for your own advantage!!!!!

If you give it away fro free...it will be full of TIG advertising (your site...your dollars) and such.....forget it!

Make a neutral one...for free...I check...and also ask all other contributors for their okay!!!

Mate last time i looked john was running a vintage star wars forum, a platform for people like us to use, he runs it mostly on his cash with some donations, puts a hell of a lot of time into it who are you to claim he doesnt Share, and the no friends comment is as weak as piss, its the go too comment for anybody thats not getting their own way.
Maybe you should have bought the forum Wolf, or maybe you could make your own for all your fantastic pictures and work to be showcased, and theres no doubt you do some fantastic work.
Ive got no doubt John could have handled this better, im sure he'd agree, but just take a few breaths mate, you have really managed to whip this up into a frenzy to get others to get the knives out for john, very poor form imo
And ive got no idea why people think its some sort of crime to make some money through advertising on their own site, i cant believe john doesnt do it, you get a very small amount of money through it anyway, why should john buy this site and be some sort of martyr for it?
The ownership of the pictures to be used on an Ap is a whole different ball game, each side has some valid points, i dont know the history, i dont know the answer, im hoping you guys can work things out.
cheers
Back to top Go down
Starwizz
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Starwizz

PostSubject: Re: TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!!   TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 2:01 pm

Last edited by Starwizz on Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!!   TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TIG App V 1.0 - Soft Launch is official!! IOS solution found!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next