The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

official 20th aug burn your repros day

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jason11272stacey
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
jason11272stacey

official 20th aug burn your repros day Empty
PostSubject: official 20th aug burn your repros day   official 20th aug burn your repros day I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 6:50 am

i thought i would mark 1 day in the year where if you have been scamed bought in a bulk lot or how ever your got your peace of repro crap that we would have a burn day to get are own back on the repro pusshers and to get these out of cerculation or just to make yourself feel better Very Happy
if you have other ways of destroying the repro crap we would love to see your idea as well :cool laugh:

before and after pics please so we can all have a realy good laugh lol!

so i will go first vc jawa even had the crosshatch patern bought in a bulk lot "not no more"

before Mad Twisted Evil

official 20th aug burn your repros day Vc11
official 20th aug burn your repros day 011

after lol! :clap: :cool laugh: celebrate

official 20th aug burn your repros day Dsc02813
official 20th aug burn your repros day Dsc02814
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: official 20th aug burn your repros day   official 20th aug burn your repros day I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 5:23 pm

Crazy fool!!!!! That was the uber rare Palitoy version only avaible from certain stores in Scunthorpe! Your out of your mind! lol!

It's not just repro's chief, just got sold a Boba Fett with the COO buffed off to try and make it look like a Meccano Fett! Fumming! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
bootyhunter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
bootyhunter

PostSubject: Re: official 20th aug burn your repros day   official 20th aug burn your repros day I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 6:03 pm

General Kahn wrote:
Crazy fool!!!!! That was the uber rare Palitoy version only avaible from certain stores in Scunthorpe! Your out of your mind! lol!

It's not just repro's chief, just got sold a Boba Fett with the COO buffed off to try and make it look like a Meccano Fett! Fumming! Evil or Very Mad

That's bad how much did you get stung for mate? I've seen a few of those fakes lately
Back to top Go down
jason11272stacey
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
jason11272stacey

PostSubject: Re: official 20th aug burn your repros day   official 20th aug burn your repros day I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 6:56 pm

General Kahn wrote:

thats realy crap mate seen a few of these meccano fakes about lately got to be a ebay buy get it sent back and name and shame the seller buddy Twisted Evil
they are just money driven arseholes that don't give 2 foooooooooks about the hobby and deserve everything they get like i said buddy send it back and give them a nice big red neg that will make you feel a little better mate Wink

or even better get him to refund and keep the figure and then burn it on here lol!

jase Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: official 20th aug burn your repros day   official 20th aug burn your repros day I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 7:24 pm

No offense to asia here Razz but judging by World of Warcraft money farmers, where people can survive on farming gold and sell for like no sums at all I believe that one could live a year on selling a faked meccano...
Last time I got scammed by a larger sum was from hong kong Razz it wasn't even vintage.

I'm sorry about the faked meccano btw. It sucks as hell being scammed Sad

I keep my repros, it makes it easier to identify others in the future got them in a special bag marked "REPRO" with larger letters then that. I wont burn them, but they won't leave here either. I payed a lot for some of that plastic crap Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: official 20th aug burn your repros day   official 20th aug burn your repros day I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 4:28 am

Quote :
That's bad how much did you get stung for mate? I've seen a few of those fakes lately
Luckily it was only 20 quid, my own fault in a sense, do you know when you see something you think might be something great, and it blinds you to some probably quite obvious flaws. I think if I'd have paid a bit more attention and looked a little harder I may have spotted a few tell tale signs, but than again that's not the point really is it!

Quote :
they are just money driven arseholes that don't give 2 foooooooooks about the hobby and deserve everything they get like i said buddy send it back and give them a nice big red neg that will make you feel a little better mate
Don't worry Jase, I'm in the process of that, he's currently not replying to my emails, regardless of stating in his description, " if your not happy I will refund you". Yes he will be getting negative feedback and reported to Ebay where I'll be telling them it is fraud, which we all know they don't like, and yes I will name and shame him on here!

P.S..... Jase get that chopping board washed it's filthy, you'll do your self a mischief eating from that! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: official 20th aug burn your repros day   official 20th aug burn your repros day I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 5:29 am

I would only recommend buying any rare variant from either trusted variant collectors or from the country the figure is known to originate from, in the Meccano Fett's case that would be ebay.fr or a French seller if you came across one.

These ones turning up on ebay uk are all from chancers and the figure wasn't available outside of France so the - found this in my loft story won't wash! Not for a tenner, not for twenty!

Back on topic- congrats on burning some crap Jase lol
Back to top Go down
jason11272stacey
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
jason11272stacey

PostSubject: Re: official 20th aug burn your repros day   official 20th aug burn your repros day I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 5:36 am

lol! lol! it's a peice of plastic out of the garden that i used to burn it on so i don't burn the kitchen down lol! lol!

it's back in the garden now so no need to wash it eh lol! Wink

about the fett don't wate for a reply off the ebay scumbag seller just open a case today because it takes 10 days for ebay to sort it out Wink

cheers joe i must admit it does look better now lol! and i feel better Very Happy Wink
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: official 20th aug burn your repros day   official 20th aug burn your repros day I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 10:31 am

lol! Jase, nice work!

reminds me of another thread:

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t1196-burn-baby-burn-repro-weapons?highlight=burn+baby+burn

Back to top Go down
jason11272stacey
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
jason11272stacey

PostSubject: Re: official 20th aug burn your repros day   official 20th aug burn your repros day I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 10:47 am

ha ha lol! so we all read from the same book then lol!

nice mate :clap: :cool laugh:
Back to top Go down
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: official 20th aug burn your repros day   official 20th aug burn your repros day I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 3:12 pm

Burn Repro Day should be every day! Ha Ha Laughing
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: official 20th aug burn your repros day   official 20th aug burn your repros day I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 5:35 pm

Artoo_Detour wrote:
lol! Jase, nice work!

reminds me of another thread:

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t1196-burn-baby-burn-repro-weapons?highlight=burn+baby+burn

me two

http://www.starwarscollectorscantina.com/t1330-official-20th-aug-burn-your-repros-day

guess its all about the postcount Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: official 20th aug burn your repros day   official 20th aug burn your repros day I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

official 20th aug burn your repros day

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1