The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros Empty
PostSubject: Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros   Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 8:57 am

http://www.dtsabers.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/dtsabers.htm
Back to top Go down
jason11272stacey
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
jason11272stacey

PostSubject: Re: Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros   Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 10:32 am

omg even the lettering on the hilt is there this is realy bad news Evil or Very Mad :noooooo: poo throw up
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros   Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 10:47 am

Some poor guys are going to get screwed soon. DT figures aren't my thing but it scares the hell out of me if I ever decide it's a thing I want to collect.
Back to top Go down
DLT9
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
DLT9

PostSubject: Re: Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros   Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 10:59 am

For a seasoned collector the difference is obvious to see.

And I've seen a vader with repro dt saber sell for more the 60€ a few moths ago.
Back to top Go down
jason11272stacey
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
jason11272stacey

PostSubject: Re: Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros   Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 11:10 am

DLT9 wrote:
For a seasoned collector the difference is obvious to see.

And I've seen a vader with repro dt saber sell for more the 60€ a few moths ago.

the only problem is when buying you only see a pic
so untill you have it in your hand it is going to be difficult to spot by pic alone
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros   Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 4:15 pm

Just at a passing glance , I can see some things that stick out.

I'll just say that if you get an oppotunity to get a DT figure, the TIG team can authenticate it through a free service we have for members. Just PM Jay or a mod.

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros   Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 8:19 pm

Yup, agreed John.
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros   Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 2:09 am

I am going to cry, wish somebody could stop them Sad

Is it legal to make repro ?

Why does Lucas not stop them ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros   Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 5:08 pm

Darthberizing wrote:
Just at a passing glance , I can see some things that stick out.

I'll just say that if you get an oppotunity to get a DT figure, the TIG team can authenticate it through a free service we have for members. Just PM Jay or a mod.

As John said PM one of the team and we offer free DT Saber authentication if you need it Smile

I cant believe he added letters to the hilt total out of order imo maybe hes hitting back for his RS ban? Either way hes is a knobs trick in my book there is just no valid reason to try and make them closer to the originals it serves no purpose other then people been conned down the line Sad

Jay

Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros   Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 6:51 am

Totally Agree - what a shite thing to do.

This is gonna hurt a lot of folks - epecially the ones who don't use or know about the free service here on TIG.

I can imagine AFA jumping with joy as this is only going to help them in the long run - after being shafted once on a fake DT Luke sabre, I can see many folks wanting to get AFA DT Lukes just to be sure they are the original.
Back to top Go down
shoenix
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
shoenix

PostSubject: Re: Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros   Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 9:46 am

He does seem to mark them ... but as I posted on RS:

I'm not afraid of what he shows, I'm more afraid of what he doesn't show. These, even without markings, are pretty obviously fakes. But what if he has others that are closer to the real thing ....

I really HATE repros, so I wonder if there is no way to make him stop producing this crap. I mean, even the sabers should be copyrighted right ?

Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros Pile_o_dts
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros   Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 11:36 am

I hope there is a way to stop it all repro. Maybe Hasbro can stop him ?

Is it only Double Telescoping sabers there is repro with letters on the hilt ? or has he also maid the Telescoping sabers with letters on the hilt ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
Johnny U
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Johnny U

PostSubject: Re: Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros   Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 8:30 pm

Totally out of line!! :pitch fork:
Back to top Go down
milkiebarker
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
milkiebarker

PostSubject: Re: Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros   Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 4:46 am

I have a set of the 3 DTs repro sabers that he makes and they do look great, (i can not afford the real thing and these look the business on display) they are so good they would fool 99% of buyers and they have no markings or initials to id them, the colour match is one way of identifiying them for sure! and possibly the rough edges where they have been seperated from each other after leaving the mould?

iam no fan of repros Angry SW and as an ebay seller i always list every single one i sell clearly as a replica weapon!
as much as we hate the things they are there and they will never go away so just arm yourself with the best possible knowledge and do your research thouroughly, i know the mods can and do help and there advice is invaluble in these matters Very Happy

here is the link for the revalveit site http://www.dtsabers.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/index.htm

Last edited by milkiebarker on Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shoenix
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
shoenix

PostSubject: Re: Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros   Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 5:11 am

milkiebarker wrote:
(i can not afford the real thing and these look the business on display)

Why collect at all then ? Why not get fakes for everything ? IMHO collecting is about working to get complete and try to find even the rarest items with an insane amount of luck. It's just the more rewarding when you do find that piece you thought you'd never get.

Why fool yourself, or try to fool others into thinking you have something rare while it's fake ? IMHO it defeats the whole purpose of collecting. and don't even get me started about genuine (especially starting) collectors that get shafted by someone who sells this repro crap as real (something about which you boast with the line '99% of collectors won't see the difference'). It's just sickening to me.

Ah well, I will probably just never get it anyway .... less people seem to understand these days you need things left to be desired, and you just can't have it all ... (man, I feel old now Smile )

Back to top Go down
jason11272stacey
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
jason11272stacey

PostSubject: Re: Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros   Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 5:53 am

totaly agree if you carn't afford the real thing then don't bother at all
because all you are doing is fooling yourself i carn't see anyone getting any enjoyment looking at at repro in there collection

quote " oh look at my dt saber dosen't it look new it was only made yesterday don't you know i love colecting vintage"

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

all i can say is they are bad for the hobby full stop and they should all be burned and the scammers that make them

and as for the ebay seller that try to pass them off as real this is for you up yours

anyway that is my rant for today back to real vintage collecting :buzzing: 0
Back to top Go down
milkiebarker
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
milkiebarker

PostSubject: Re: Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros   Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 6:19 am

Guys please dont get me wrong! iam not endorsing Repro anything and i wasnt boasting about anything just stating a fact that they look authentic to the untrained eye! i dont go round talking shit and selling repro crap and my collection is 100% authentic apart from these DTs repros, i agree Collecting Original Vinatage is a joy and a challenge! and sellers who pass on any Repro weapon as an Original is a dirty little lowlife scumbag!!! something that really bugs me with sellers on ebay is all this stuff about weapons that float all being Original and that drives me NUTS!!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhh

i wish you happy hunting and much success in completing your collections and the Repro Men well they can take a hit or ten! from this guy :emperor:
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros   Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 6:22 am

shoenix wrote:

Why fool yourself, or try to fool others into thinking you have something rare while it's fake ?

Don't know, why not ask Beckham? Very Happy

Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros Posh-spice

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
shoenix
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
shoenix

PostSubject: Re: Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros   Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 11:06 am

Dr Dengar wrote:

Don't know, why not ask Beckham? Very Happy

Smile Isn't this 'Bending for Beckham' ?
Back to top Go down
DarthSwales
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
DarthSwales

PostSubject: Re: Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros   Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 11:44 am

I know this is rather controversial, and I completely agree that this is going to do major damage to the market for DT sabers, but I think I may pick up a set for display. I personally don't mind if they're real or not, so they'll do for me.

I sincerely hope it doesn't mean loads of people start selling them off as 'the real deal' on the bay though... But I guess that will happen whatever we do. Sad
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros   Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 12:10 pm

I have had this discussion many times over so this is my take on it for those "interested" in picking some fake DT sabers up.

Why do you, or anyone find DT sabers interesting enough to want to own them? The answer is because they are rare!

Picking up fake sabers for 20-30 quid just to sit on a shelf because you might not ever own a real set is just a waste of money IMO.

Spend that 20-30 quid on some real vintage, it could get you a handful of mint loose figures or even a MOC just don't buy repros of something that is rare, because it defeats the point of WHY you want to own it!

Come to terms with the fact that 90% of all collectors will never ever own a set of DT's and just be comfortable with it, I would love an original hard copy of a figure or a piece of photo art but a play doh replica and an inkjet print out are not going to make my collection better should I "cheat" and go the repro route.

Also - this guy isn't doing this for any other reason than to make himself money, so go ahead and make someone money that has shown no interest before this point of marking his sabers in a way that someone else couldn't pass them off as legitimate.
Back to top Go down
DarthSwales
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
DarthSwales

PostSubject: Re: Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros   Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 12:24 pm

Hmm, you have valid points there. It would still be nice to have a set of Luke, Ben and Vader on display with fully extended sabers. But your point about the fact that I could use the money for real vintage stuff is a valid one, I guess.
Back to top Go down
milkiebarker
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
milkiebarker

PostSubject: Re: Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros   Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 12:38 pm

myself if i had a sack full of Original DTs i would trade them all for Minty Tri Logos!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros   Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 12:46 pm

milkiebarker wrote:

myself if i had a sack full of Original DTs i would trade them all for Minty Tri Logos!!!!!

Now you are talking! MMM Trilogos Laughing

I appreciate a lot of rare things but I also realised that if I didn't like them enough to spend 3-4K on real ones then I obviously didn't like them enough to collect them. Which is also why I wouldn't want replicas, there is just no connection there for me (especially not to a fake!)
Back to top Go down
milkiebarker
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
milkiebarker

PostSubject: Re: Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros   Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 12:57 pm

Yeah i totally understand and Tri Logos are where it's at!
Loving the New site... but do you have any photos of your Tri Collection Joe, be nice to see either on here or the website maybe?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros   Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bad news: revalveit has new DT repros

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next