The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

TIG Grading

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Section 8
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Section 8

TIG Grading Empty
PostSubject: TIG Grading   TIG Grading I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 12:14 pm

My recent research into figure grading has given me an idea. I'm on the verge of receiving this item from Jay/Psybertech.

TIG Grading 12521459304_df22861f24_n

It's looks in super condition with the parts sealed. It surely would get a good grading, but I'm unwilling to pay the prices UKG and AFA are charging. I am willing though to buy my own acrylic case from UKG or a fellow collector, but think it would be nice to have a sticker describing the item and it's condition.

So my idea was to see if you guys would grade it. Perhaps a selection of the moderators or members could view pictures and give a rating similar to those by the graders. Whoever is savvy enough to print of a label with the TIG logo and a grading could send it out to be used on mine or someones newly acquired acrylic case.

Who better to grade and identify an item than the fanatical collectors themselves. It wouldn't be to increase the price of the item, but just to add a little information to the display. One or two of the team could maybe charge a small fee for the printing & posting, but this would be peanuts in comparison to a proper grading and hopefully not turned into a money making scheme.

I know i could just make my own and grade it myself, but having a well known logo within the collecting community and the eyes and know how of fellow collectors would just add to it. The mix of expertise found on this site could once again be a great asset to the SW community. More than happy to put some time in and design and discuss the processes.

I for one would be delighted to have my Speeder Biker TIG graded.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
http://www.familytreeman.co.uk
Starwizz
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Starwizz

TIG Grading Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIG Grading   TIG Grading I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 12:30 pm

found this one ,,
cheers

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4897-tig-offering-services-thoughts-welcomed-and-encouraged
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

TIG Grading Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIG Grading   TIG Grading I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 6:03 pm

I've tossed the idea around for a while. My real thought was to offer services, but I'd say it's more in the line of authentication and COA.

I don't think my 2 cents on condition has any benefits.

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

TIG Grading Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIG Grading   TIG Grading I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 8:01 am

If the only point is to add information, that in itself is not easy to do.  Where to draw the line?- with speeder bike boxes there are:
TIG Grading Sdc12325

that's just the Kenner Taiwan- some/most people won't care? Then you could add cradboard vs plastic insert, the CoO markings.....

Without sealing the case a 'grade' is pointless.   A nice acrylic case and an information label ( with a neat TIG/imperial logo) would be cool. I know Shawn K (more as a joke ) made some (one?) for a MOC for himself SGA ( Shawn's grading authority I think)

A simple sticky label printed by yourself would be the easiest.  Forget a grade- we'd never agree on the scale for starters C grade? AFA/UKG style 80, 85 etc or mint, near mint ...........
Back to top Go down
Section 8
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Section 8

TIG Grading Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIG Grading   TIG Grading I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 9:23 am

My thoughts were to not have it as a serious business and would be more a fun thing to do between the TIG gang and any other interested members.

As I said it wouldn't be to increase the value of the figure or item. It could be so easily frauded with an slide bottom case, but is more a personal addition to a display, not a serious official grading, but one done by a good team of SW experts for the owner to enjoy. To swap a grading would only be to fool yourself which is silly.

A simple grading without going into tiny variants would suffice for myself. I see no reason to move away from the 100 scale of AFA/UKG as it's one we all recognise to a certain extent.

For Eg:

TIG Grade
Kenner Speeder Bike
Box 90 Bike 90
Open Box/Sealed Bike
Cardboad Insert.
(Any other variant details)

How it looks could even be chosen by the owner of the item. More a fun thing to add to a personal collection to have it graded by TIG members. An average could be taken of different members results. Keep it simple, cheap & fun.
Back to top Go down
http://www.familytreeman.co.uk
Sponsored content

TIG Grading Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIG Grading   TIG Grading I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TIG Grading

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1