The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

UKG Ban U Grading!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
frunkstar
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
frunkstar

UKG Ban U Grading! Empty
PostSubject: UKG Ban U Grading!   UKG Ban U Grading! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 6:52 am

Message posted on SWF by Steve the owner of UKG -

"Hi everyone

We would like to just inform everybody that UK Graders will no longer be U grading Vintage carded figures or Baggies.
I know we did have rules when it came to U grading items anyway, so it is time to make the decision to stop U grading, However we will still U grade modern items due to mass production and we will also U grade Mailers i.e plain white box mailers and Brown Sears Mailers ect but the baggies inside will not be U graded.
This is with immediate effect on any orders being placed from 27-02-2015 but we will honour any orders that we currently have in for grading if they meet the criteria.

Could people please share this information with other forums.

Steve."
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

UKG Ban U Grading! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UKG Ban U Grading!   UKG Ban U Grading! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 7:49 am

Great news! Thanks for sharing Frank.
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

UKG Ban U Grading! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UKG Ban U Grading!   UKG Ban U Grading! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 9:21 am

That's great news. Now if AFA will follow suit. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

UKG Ban U Grading! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UKG Ban U Grading!   UKG Ban U Grading! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 9:41 am

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

UKG Ban U Grading! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UKG Ban U Grading!   UKG Ban U Grading! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 12:10 pm

That's brilliant news!  cheers  Didn't think I'd see this day come so soon. Kudos to UKG for finally ditching profit made by the destructive U-Grade. Bit contentious they're still going to U-Grade mailers but at least not the baggies inside. Just need AFA to have the sense to follow suit now.
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

UKG Ban U Grading! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UKG Ban U Grading!   UKG Ban U Grading! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 6:15 pm

very good news indeed, personally I don't get the whole U-grade thing anyway.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

UKG Ban U Grading! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UKG Ban U Grading!   UKG Ban U Grading! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 7:55 pm

I think it's a great idea but I have to wonder if it'll actually decrease the amount of figures getting opened. I still imagine people will pull the bubbles up and send them in
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

UKG Ban U Grading! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UKG Ban U Grading!   UKG Ban U Grading! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 8:04 pm

If they do that from my understanding they wouldn't be considered a U-grade as AFA needs to open them personally if I understand it correctly
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

UKG Ban U Grading! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UKG Ban U Grading!   UKG Ban U Grading! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 8:10 pm

No, I get that part. I just meant that I wonder if people will shoot for high grades by just pulling figs off the card and then sending them in.

Personally I think the allure of the "U" was the impetus. So I hope not
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

UKG Ban U Grading! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UKG Ban U Grading!   UKG Ban U Grading! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 8:29 pm

Got ya I could understand a person removing a figure from a card and sending it in, I mean it is their item and they can do with it as they chose it's much the same as us taking a vintage figure and customizing it, Some would think it's wrong to destroy a Boba Fett or a Blue Snaggletooth but the person who owns it my not really care or has a few of them.

I don't like the idea of a third party doing it though as the grade they give is way off like a U85 differs from an 85 in only the fact it was removed from a card, and that is suppose to make it more in cost. Sorry an 85 is an 85 I don't care what letter you put in front of it.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

UKG Ban U Grading! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UKG Ban U Grading!   UKG Ban U Grading! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 9:03 pm

I agree with the services stopping th u grade and am definitely not a fan of the u grading practice. I am happy with that. What I don't get is the people calling for banning the sale of them in the forum. They exist......as much as we wish they did not, they do. I am not a fan of telling people how they have to collect, nor what to collect. Don't get me wrong, I will give an opinion when asked, but ultimately it is the choice of the individual. I say if they are out there and want to sell them the. Let them sell them on. Why stick people with fewer avenues to get rid of them. The problem lies with the grading companies. They created a desire for these products that they never should have created. The desire to have "untouched" figures came from this grading technique.

I should preface this by saying I have one graded figure and it happens to be a u grade. I did not even notice it was a ugrade when I bought it. I saw a top toys stormtrooper and it was cheap so I grabbed it up, only later did I even notice the ugrade. funny thing is it was cheaper than any ungraded top toys trooper I saw which is why I got it. I still have it in my collection and don't plan on moving it ever, but if I did want to move it along I would hope I could offer it up in the forums where someone may appreciate the top toys line instead of being forced to throw it on eBay. Again I am glad they are quitting this grading practice and hope AFA follows suit, but I see no reason a forum should ban the sale of them. If you don't want them then pass on buying. To me if I see an 85, u85, and loose mint looking ungraded for the same price I am going to go for the loose as that is what I collect. If this talk of banning them in the forums goes on and demand for them goes down though they may fall in a price range lower than a loose comparable figure and honestly I would buy them as I don't see why I should pay more for a loose in the same shape. I don't know if that will happen, but it did with that stormtrooper as nobody seemed to want it so it was lower than a loose one.
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

UKG Ban U Grading! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UKG Ban U Grading!   UKG Ban U Grading! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 6:48 pm

cheers

Good news for sure.
I doubt the cash hungry AFA will follow, but at least there is one less source for this moving forward!

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
frunkstar
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
frunkstar

UKG Ban U Grading! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UKG Ban U Grading!   UKG Ban U Grading! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 8:43 am

Funny little update though not unexpected, just spoke to Steve & its seems he is getting a few emails from disgruntled customers saying now he is not doing U grading they will be taking their business to AFA instead, so no matter what is done by one grading company, if others will not follow suit its still going to be going on, be great to hear AFA picking up the batton & doing the right thing to,fingers crossed they will consider making a chance for the better.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

UKG Ban U Grading! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UKG Ban U Grading!   UKG Ban U Grading! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 9:56 am

Wonder if thy will buckle to the pressure? If afa doesn't quit u grading then will ukg take it back up in order to compete? I wish they would both stop, but remember these are both businesses with people that they need to pay.
Back to top Go down
frunkstar
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
frunkstar

UKG Ban U Grading! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UKG Ban U Grading!   UKG Ban U Grading! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 12:28 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
Wonder if thy will buckle to the pressure?  If afa doesn't quit u grading then will ukg take it back up in order to compete?  I wish they would both stop, but remember these are both businesses with people that they need to pay.  

Steve has told me he will not go back on this decision & after dealing with him for many years online & face to face I trust his word.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

UKG Ban U Grading! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UKG Ban U Grading!   UKG Ban U Grading! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UKG Ban U Grading!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1