The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 7:13 am

I really think people are over estimating the QC on these figures, honestly millions of these were pumped out, they were sold to kids, theres no way items would have not passed QC for some of the tiny things people are talking about here, it makes no sense at all, i really believe if it was near enough it was good enough for them.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 6:01 pm

panastur wrote:
 The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 Ahif
panastur wrote:
Hi Guys,

Here is the result of a previous work i done on the matter.
I checked all my ESB MOC and loose ESB cardback(Palitoy, Parker and Clipper) and i think i found the way to descard, at least, one category of Toni's "Mock-Up".

[size=150]"Single Stem" bubbles on ESB 45 back cards[/size]

All my Palitoy, Parker and Clipper cards, that have or had a "Single Stem" bubble, have those bubble marked with a number from 01 to 015
For example :

"01" and "03" AT-AT Commander, Bespin Security Guard
"02" Cloud Car Pilot
"03" Leia Organa Bespin
"04" Han Solo Original
"012" Death Star Droid
"013" Tie Fighter Pilot
"015" C-3PO Removable Limbs

Again, none of my 50+ cardbacks(ESB45bk) with "Single Stem" Bubble has unmarket bubble. It's also the case with my 7 "single Stem" MOC's.

That strongly makes me suggest that all unmarked "Single Stem" bubbles are REPRO'S made by Toni.

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 K9fq

Let me know what you think guys...

JC Smile

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 10ccc70f-4c45-4bee-acfe-4c648ad2f2bc
'ironed' on upside down single stem bubble (03?)

Last edited by aussiejames on Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thundershot
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thundershot

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 3:15 am

AussieFortuna wrote:
I really think people are over estimating the QC on these figures, honestly millions of these were pumped out, they were sold to kids, theres no way items would have not passed QC for some of the tiny things people are talking about here, it makes no sense at all, i really believe if it was near enough it was good enough for them.

That's certainly true for (Palitoys) Action Force figures, you see no end of bizarre card-back, bubble & weapon combinations. Many of the last clearance stock figures were packaged in Star Wars blister bubbles on the wrong cards & no accessories what-so-ever.  

Even during the lines prime there were many mix ups & packaging errors, with figures receiving extra, wrong or no accessories at all, quality control seems almost non existent by the end.

I remember speaking to chap who's wife had worked for Palitoy packaging Star Wars figures back in the 80's, she'd told him it that was a mind numbingly repetitive & monotonous job.
You can just imaging how many mistakes could of been without being spotted...I mean if your on a fast moving assembly line under pressure to work quickly, & only being paid piece work you're hardly going to stop everything because a miniscule accessory or paint app's missing from 1 of a hundred items.
Back to top Go down
Panastur
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Panastur

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 4:18 pm

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 Qz10
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 2:48 am

Sound research and well explained, JC!  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
finestcomics
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 2:26 pm

DarthBerizing wrote:
I think the jury has made up it's mind. Still nothing concrete though. I've got three Toy Toni cards, none exhibit the off colors, blobs of ink, or crescent opening mid bubble. Two have english text, one doesn't. I guess I'm saying that everytime someone seems to get close to the "a-ha!" there is something that offsets it. My C3PO removable Limbs has no dots, or anything, and is a single stem bubble, just as a for instance. Doesn't mean it's real , just that there are so many variations it'll be almost impossible to create a "This is a real MOC" document. And it's a shame. I was waiting on the black-light theory too, if it meant something I'd go out and buy one.

I even tossed the idea of opening one up, to see how it looks when ripped off the MOC. See if it gave any guidance.

John, I've tried the blacklight on my Fett.  I didn't see anything.  I would be surprised if someone perpetrating such an act would not think to use media that doesn't emit flora.

That said, when I inspected the blister closer, I noticed some paint smear which made me very nervous.  It's red and it's located on the top part of the front facing blister.  It clearly came from the front part of Fett's helmet.  Of all the Fetts I own, I have never seen such a thing occur on an MOC, which led me to think it was repainted.  Then there is red overspray underneath the chin. Apart from these issue, the die cut, especially the rounding corners, looks too crude for my liking.

Here's a link to the video but it's hard to see the residue from the paint smear:

Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 10:55 am

First post on how spotting some of the originals!

Some German double stem 45 backs have a crescent flaw on the top of the blister seal. These are 100% real as the examples show below (found and used German cradbacks):

Comparison original factory sealed Boba Fett and his loose cardback counterpart:

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 German19

More loose cardbacks (German 45 backs):

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 German21

The pictures are taken from Mike_Skywalker and Wolfgang Schlögel. (Fett copyright: MrPalitoy)

Thanks guys....I hope I am free to show them here!

Wolff
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 10:56 am

I watched the Palitoy vid over and over again! Suddenly I had an idea today!

I seem to have found out sth. very interesting!

Mirco has an album full with scanned German 45 backs:
https://s487.photobucket.com/user/mike-skywalker/library/ESB%20German%2045%20Cardbacks?sort=6&page=1

I also used Wolfgangs site for reference:
http://www.raumhafen.de/cgi-bin/showp.pl?pic=/galerie/starwars/sw/esb_45back_d&titel=German%20ESB%20Figures

I concentrated on the ripped of "only" cardbacks. The used ones with creases, stickers and unpacked!

So time to watch closely at the pictures:

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 Palito29

You will notice following from the sealing process:

1. There is PINS holding the cardbacks in place!

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 Hh1uki10

2. There is "forms" for the blisters that can probably swapped and changed (single stem, double stem, different sizes etc.)
 The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 Palito28

If you combine these two very important facts you can conclude the following:
The bubble all have the same axis (middle/centre) compared to the cards! That means the middle of the bubble always is in the same place regarding the cardbacks!

Toni did different....he usually middled the bubbles (at least a bid...not really accurate) to the colored shaped form the figure is placed on.

What do I have to proof this:

Going through all cardbacks from Mirco and Wolfgang, ALL have the same in comon: The middle/centre axis is nearly in the exact in the same place!!!! (of course some are a tiny bit more left or right).
This axis can be spotted well regarding the ESB LOGO. If you check the farest point to the left from the logo were the black border ends (or starts coming from the left) you have your axis!
Of course the cardbacks are cut different....so its only a vague hint!!!

Here is some examples:
 The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 Unbena13

Again...I could proof this on ALL those cardbacks, no matter which character, bubble type etc!

havent much pictures to compare MOCs, but I can already tell you that some Bossks (remeber...there was 1000s on the published list) I have checked are FAR AWAY from this axis!

Coincidence?? I dont think so!!

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 Unbena14

What do guys think??

I really would like Mirco, Wolfgang and Panastur, or any other collector with some cardbacks checking theirs for some kind of pattern! Again in short:
The middle/centre axis of all bubbles has the same (nearly) distance to the boarder of the cardback. The fakes are different because they are more middled to the colored background were the figure is placed one!

I leave it to the guys now which have some originals in hand, but IMO this could be a key! *fingers crossed*
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 11:04 am

As i said on RS, very good observation Wolf, you could have cracked it here, great work.
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 11:40 am

Great research, Wolff!

I just checked my only GM Leia Bespin cardback (single stem) and the stem indeed lines up with the logo as you describe.

I have an AFA MOC double stem of her and it is a little hard to tell for sure inside (depth perception makes it a little more difficult) but it looks to be off center by about 3-4mm. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
finestcomics
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 11:47 am

So on the ESB Bossk, according to the axis theory put forward by Wolf, there is a variance of the blister peel line on breached cardbacks that lines up "before" the U in "Bounty" whereas the outer right edge of the blister on the Toni MOC lines up "after" the U in "Bounty" - see blue lines in image below:

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 Bossk_zps8589d9d0

That's one heck of a discovery there Wolf.  

It would be good to have some comparisons with other figures, as the blister placement will differ - for instance I noticed the variance on Darth Vader and the Royal Guard, so it would be good to have examples of Toni cards for each one to see how they measure up.

Personally speaking, if the ESB could consistently be proven to have varied from the "factory" placement of the blister, that would be enough for me to know the Palitoy ROTJ are fakes.

Last edited by finestcomics on Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 11:57 am

You cant go with the outer lines...that would be too easy I am afraid! There was different bubbles used (width wise) and so the only thing that mmatters IMO is the middle axis!

@J:

Sorry to hear that bro...lets see what the experts dig out! I am dreaming odf a data bank now, i.e. Originals bubbles are placed 4,5-4,7 centimeters from the left boarder (mddle axis). All others are sealed later!

That would be awesome! But still#. Maybe I am totally wrong! A real pitty I have not ONE card in my hands! Sad
Back to top Go down
finestcomics
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 12:00 pm

wbobafett wrote:
You cant go with the outer lines...that would be too easy I am afraid! There was different bubbles used (width wise) and so the only thing that mmatters IMO is the middle axis!
(

Ok, so what am I to interpret from the photos - the middle stem at the bottom of the blister should be dead center on the red axis line?

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 Bossk_bottom_zps96acb1af
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 12:17 pm

yeah....the picture I had for reference are not really good....wee need someone to do those measurements!

I can see the problem here: The single stem to the right looks spot on! BUT...it is 3-D! What looks spot on is the surface...the top of the bubble. If you project it to the card it is totally OFF!!!! Way more to the right!

I need help on that one! I have not one single crad here for proof!

Of course you may right that also the outerline could be important, because only one kind of single stem blisters was used for Bossk but that is IMo dangerous!

I hope for massive support from the guys that have a set!

PS: You can see it more on the others I have posted??

Anyway....the üpics are crap...useful pics needed and people having those in hands! I did messurements an all of them (pixel wise) and the Bossk all loose! You can see I used the "outer" lines of the MOCS...were the bubble hits the cards!

I am not good in this in english Sad
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 12:34 pm

Great work Wolff, I hope you didn't spend your entire Christmas breaking scratching your head on that one, I hope you managed to squeeze in at least a few Jack Daniels Very Happy . I'll have a look through the Bespin Luke archive see if any look off center, other than that I guess that brings us back to this then Razz

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 001-co10
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 12:40 pm

...the list only contains 132 Luke Bepsin JEDI cards!!! Wink

Just to let you know!

Jup....didnt sleep well the last days because my head is running wild, but Jackie always helps Very Happy
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 12:43 pm

The ROTJ Bespin Luke 45 backs are unfortunately the most common Palitoy Bespin Lukes as well  Sad
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 5:22 pm

General Kahn wrote:
The ROTJ Bespin Luke 45 backs are unfortunately the most common Palitoy Bespin Lukes as well  Sad

Coincidence???....sadly not I assume! Sad
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 5:28 pm

The first results are there:

Originals should have a distance from the blister middle to the boarder of the cardboard of:

35-37 mm!

Please post your observations!

Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 5:37 pm

Leia Bespin single stem GM 45 back reporting in - ~34.5mm.

This is based off the center of the outline of the stem (stem measured ~19mm wide at the widest part).

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 10:53 am

I again checked all the pics I have gathered and searched again the web on FETT on ROTJ 45C!

So this will alll about BOBA FETT ROTJ 45C (Pal)

There is 482  Shocked  unused cardbacks on the list that Joiner has posted!

I repost Billy Boys posts from 2003 again!
http://forum.rebelscum.com/t809708/

[Billy_Boy]....

Over a decade ago I truly 'struggled' to find the 'almost fabled' Palitoy RotJ 45 back of the 'Tri-logo' (light blue) Boba Fett...BUT now there are quite a few 'out there'!?!
There is a rumoured 'theory' that many of the remaining figures near the demise of Palitoy in the UK, were carded on to any surplus cardback going?! = The 'Tri-logo' Boba Fett variant certainly would 'fit the bill'! = I didn't originally see an example at retail until late 1984 / early '85?!? So how did it end up on the late 1982 / early '83 45 back?

= Palitoy had a Boba Fett on the Tri-logo card too!

Does anyone know where this 'glut' of European 45 backs actually/specifically came from???

Bill

...and:

[Billy_Boy]Sure!...Not ALL German 45 backs are easy to find!

Far from it in fact! BUT just recently a LOT of 'case fresh' examples have been appearing?!

= Can anyone explain to me why?  The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 Confused

ALL the Palitoy RotJ 45 back 'Tri-logo' Boba Fetts that have only recently appeared seem to be in near 'perfect' condition too?!

= Am I the only collector to find this a little 'odd'? + Does anyone have a 'worn' carded example below 'C8'???

Bill

And that is the same question 10 years later:
[size=150]
Has anyone ever seen a lightblue "trilogo" Fett on a worn ROTJ 45C or 65 back??[/size]

I haven't!

What I have found:

1. IRONED FETTS

I still doubt these are connected to the same ones we call Toni's now. These are really sloppy...with no sense for where the bubble belongs...etc!!

What is interesting about those:
A. They probably come from the same batch of loose unused cardbacks!
B. The ironed stuff lacks the potential to hold for ever. A lot of have been falling part!
C. MOST important to me is the fact that also lightblue, so called Trilogo Fetts were used for those!!!

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 52549310

What you can see here is one lifted example (to the right) with clear iron marks and the triangular tab between the stem. I also found two loose cardbacks (RS limelight, Ebay). These are 100% ironed examples. One even has the triangular iron mark present below. Both have the blister sealed waaaay to high (compare to the MOC) and both seem to have lifted easily!

Again: Imo these are not from the same creator of the TT MOCs!

2. LEGIT  CARDBACKS

It was hard to find some more loose cardbacks but I have found two! These do both NOT MATCH A SINGLE AFA 90 (= TT MOC). They both only have one sealed brother I have found. And this one has a footer and a waffle pattern!

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 Bobafe15

As you can see on the MOC example the thickness of the seal as well as the position is a match! The Moc is Plaitoy ROTJ 45C unpunched. The part of the blister which has flat contact to the cardback is not sealed fully. It is only sealed were the waffle pattern appears and that is a telltale how the "form" must have looked that heatsealed those in factory.
What also can be seen is the lack of a seal in the middle lower bottom. If we look at the carded example, we can conclude that the footer maybe was a tiny bit to thick and at the very lower bottom prevented a correct seal.

But please decide yourself....all three are a total match IMO.

3. QUESTIONABLE  CARDBACKS

On all those other casfresh crads I have found not ONE USED LOOSE CADBACK OR A MOC WITH CREASES, PRICESTICKER etc!

Have a look, there is three types:
(please do not take too much attention to the 3-D shape of the bubble...these are mostly photoshopped to compare the card and position of the blister...all in one and the same level...so everything that is 3-d is off...mostly...LOL)

FIRST TYPE: No Stem Blister. All aligned to the white border on the right. With Aligned I mean the inner border of the blister! See the vertical red line!

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 Unbena15

SECOND TYPE: Double Stem Blister. All aligned to the white border on the right. With Aligned I mean the outer border of the blister! See the vertical red line!

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 Unbena17

THIRD TYPE: Double Stem Blister. All aligned to the white border on the left. With Aligned I mean the outer border of the blister! See the vertical red line!

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 Unbena16

On the COOs of those: We have mostly "Trilogo" no coo figures on that (like on the ironed ones!!!). We also have small HK, large HK and Taiwan marked Fetts! Is this normal?? I dont know......

Again, all of those cards above are:
A. Minty Mint
B. Punched but never saw a shop (price sticker). Even thou these cards DO exist UNPUNCHED....see the wffle pattern one!
C. Contain a figure that should have appeared way later (Trilogo Fett) and also match the figure examples that were found on the ironed ones!
D. NOT ONE USED LOOSE OR MOC FROM THOSE IS KNOWN!

Anyone else?? I also find it disturbing that there seemed to be always the use of a "refernece line"

Please dig out your loose cardbacks! I really would love to see a ripped and used double stem....

Wolff

PS: Please excuse my spelling

Last edited by wbobafett on Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 8:09 pm

QC error ( misaligned colour plates??) GM
 The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 Sdc13113
 The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 Sdc13111
 The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 Sdc13112

Double stem GM 45 cardbacks ( no english text)
21B- 35mm
Leia Hoth- 36mm
Snowtrooper- 34mm

IG88-35mm

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 Sdc13114
Palitoy ESB45B (bubble number)

AT-AT Commander- 03
FX-7- 08
Bespin guard black- 01
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 5:46 am

Great research Wolff.

Here's another example of a 'ironed' Palitoy 45 back. Again it came with a Tri-Fett.  doh 

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 Dscn6713
 The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 Dscn6714
 The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 Dscn6715
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 6:32 am

Well... this is embarrassing, but I'll post it for the good of the community!

While checking my moc's, I discovered another 'ironed' example, complete with matching marks on the card. F@#k!!! Mad 

This is a 65 back.
 The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 Dscn6716
 The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 Dscn6717

For comparison here's an outline of a genuine Palitoy seal on a double stemmed 65 back. This one also has a flaw in the seal at the top, similar to those described by Wolff for the German ESB 45 backs on the previous page.
 The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 Dscn6718

Last edited by cantina_patron on Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:35 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 6:42 am

Here is a Palitoy ROTJ 45 Back C for Boba Fett with pop removed and price tag (a few mm from the bottom is missing because of the scan)

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 Boba_f10

I've checked through my archived photo's of Luke Bespin on Palitoy ROTJ 45 Back C cards, and bizzarly not one has a price sticker. There is a couple with the double stem bubble, but the rest have either a large TRi-Logo style bubble or a stemless bubble, the figures inside are either the No COO HK Small (mustard/olive hair) figures or prodominantly the Euro Chocoloate Boots Unpainted Hip figures. Now it's impossible to tell from the front, but if any of those mustard hair figures had a Hong Kong stamp, that would strike me as odd at that stage.

As for he bubbles, all of the large Tri-Logo style bubble are in almost all cases damaged in some way, that's the bubble and the cards. All the ones with the stemless bubbes are practically flawless Rolling Eyes

I don't collect MOC's so it's not really my theatre, but that does strike me as a little odd.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next