The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 10:17 am

Additional stuff on the Palitoy Fetts:

1. Alex has posted another legit example (cardback) over on TIG:

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 11 Boba_f10

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t6544p240-the-general-mills-45-back-palitoy-non-factory-sealed-discussion

This is again the one with the very small seal area, the waffle pattern one!

2. Another one posted on LG by Spearhead24 (contained a "normal" Fett):

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 11 Boba_f19

http://www.lichtgeschwindigkeit.de/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9983&start=300

This one is MOSt interesting, because it finally has a double stem blisters and shows us that the third type (double stem, aligned to the left white border) seems to be a possible legit variant. At least some of those could be legit!
I JUST REALIZED: THIS ONE ALSO SEEM TO HAVE THE CRESCENT ON TOP! MAYBE THIS IS REALLY THE KEY ON THE DOUBLE STEMS!?!?!?

DOES ANYONE HAVE A PAL 45C ROTJ BOBA FETT WITH CRESCENT ON DOUBLE STEM???

3. Most interesting I find this finding (pmed by Santrooper-5 on LG)

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 11 Cimg0311
 The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 11 Cimg0310

This is a Palitoy Fett 65 back! You can clearly see that a "tool" for a double stem blister was used! That's why the blister is positioned pretty high.....if you imagine the stems below it would be aligned to the bottom line of the cardback. You can also see that the blister seems to flush on the left.

Now what does that mean?? TT only had a tool made for double stem blisters?? The factory used the wrong tool for that blister?? Any ideas?? I find this most interesting, but I am not sure at all what to think of it!!!

It would also explain an earlier question in this thread why some 45 backs have an edged seal (possibly used tool from trilogo blisters) and some have a round seal to the corners (correct used tool).

4. and last but not least another ironed one:
https://i.servimg.com/u/f58/17/02/62/79/dscn6713.jpg

posted by cantina_patron over on TIG (it also contained a Trilogo figure)
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t6544p240-the-general-mills-45-back-palitoy-non-factory-sealed-discussion

Thanks for all the help guys!

Wolff
Back to top Go down
lee gray
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 1:15 pm

If you notice on the legit one with the name cut out, that on the back of the card there is no red blob next to chewbacca and all 10 or more i got direct from Toni whether it was light blue fett, regular fett, double stem or oversized rectangle bubble they all had the red blob, not saying that the red blob ones are all non legit but what i am saying i think it can be safe to assume Toni only ever had the fetts with the red blob next to chewbacca so all non red blob ones are defo legit.

As for the iron on double stem, this is the first time i seen the picture like that and I have to admit I have had a couple like that where the inbetween section wasnt fully sealed and if u pushed the top parts which were not sealed, it the plastic there felt very flimsy as not as strong as the rest of the bubble and if you actually jolted the card so the figure moved, it would actually pushed down on the non sealed part and make a big dent as thats why i always thought these were more fragile.

edit: I wonder if anyone has ever received a Fett from Toni without the red dot because if not that would make all non red dot Fett's a bit more likely to be genuine.

Last edited by lee gray on Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 1:28 pm

Forgot about the reb blob, I've just checked all the Bespin Lukes again from the archive, (nmost don't show backs) However of the ones that do, all the flawless ones have the red blob Suspect There is one example of the large bubble Tri-Logo style, that isn't perfet but has the red blob :scratch:

Either way, here are the two that sold in the Vectis auction a couple of months ago:

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 11 Rotj_410

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 11 Rotj_411
Back to top Go down
lee gray
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 1:55 pm

I just came across this Fett from the vectis auction, never seen one using that bubble before.
 The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 11 4438_l
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 2:44 pm

Here are a few examples of clearly used cardbacks which feature the red dot next to Chewy:

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 11 Chewba10

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 11 Greedo11

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 11 Hammer10

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 11 Sand_p10

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 11 Stormt10

These are all Cardbacks from my friends collection which I have scanned, interestingly while searching the scans I found this  Suspect  an almost flawless Luke FB with the bubble edge still left on the card  Suspect 

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 11 Luke_s12
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 2:56 pm

I've just checked my ironed Fett cardback & it also has the red blob next to Chewbacca. So it would appear increasingly likely that the person knocking those out, acquired the same card stock as TT.

Back to top Go down
mr_palitoy
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mr_palitoy

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 8:09 pm

cantina_patron wrote:
I've just checked my ironed Fett cardback & it also has the red blob next to Chewbacca. So it would appear increasingly likely that the person knocking those out, acquired the same card stock as TT.

Yeah, it was Toy Toni. My ironed Fett cardback was bought from him directly along with 3 other cardbacks with iron marks on them!

cheers Jason

Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/mrpalitoy
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 10:55 am

Thank you confirming that Jason.
I thought that perhaps these badly ironed ones were being produced by someone else.

Cheers
Steve
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 3:15 am

I have an idea that could work out to proof 100% what he has done!

It was said Toni seems to be more into other collecting areas himself. Maybe or surely he isn't not so good in loose figures. I remembered his second ebay account with whom he bought loose mint figures! He also bought two Stromtroopers (one Afa'd).

Could it be he fell for a Poon??? The Poons are around for two years now (in different versions)....so it could be possible! There is a few people who can spot them very well (aussiejames i.e. did spend a whole lot of time in identifying those).

Anyway...if anyone here has bought a Stromtrooper MOC from Toni in the last 24 month please recheck here:
http://www.imperialgunnery.com/reproductionfigures.htm

If we could proof he has a sealed a Poon...oh boy...

PS: sorry if sth like that was already posted. Laughing
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 3:23 am

Good thinking, Wolff, and definitely an avenue worth trying. Hopefully people will check their Stormtrooper MOC to confirm. Would be something else if it turned out to be a fake that exposes a fake!
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 3:31 am

What about this??

https://2img.net/h/i122.photobucket.com/albums/o278/spoonsnorton/fakes%20and%20disputes/DSC05409_zps6e08cec6.jpg~original
https://s122.photobucket.com/user/spoonsnorton/media/fakes%20and%20disputes/DSC05406_zps42d677df.jpg.html?filters[user]=30995626&filters[recent]=1&filters[publicOnly]=1&sort=1&o=2

Nail in the coffin??

James...where are you??
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 3:53 am

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 11 DSC05409_zps6e08cec6
I'd like a few more pictures BUT the paint apps looks like the 'Hong Kong' reproduction  thinking 
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 4:11 am

..never mind...Andys one is no coo mold...not the Poon mold... see the belt molding.

The no coo has the same paint apps like Poon but the belt ia molded different:
Poon (and original #8 ) has only "barrels" and between those is flat

The no coo has barrels and between those little barrels...

sigh...worth a try at least
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 4:16 am

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 11 Unbena18

and the early Poons:

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 11 IMGP8569

You can also see this on the black painted mouth pieces:
Trilogo has falt molded ones!
#8 and Poon have protruding ones!

Last edited by wbobafett on Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 9:21 am

If you read the list again and look under where it finishes up the tally. It states "In addition there are approximately 200 loose figures of which no cards available. Including 50 Greedo."  I think the "In a addition...no cards available" bit is the important part here. It can only suggest the tally above is for unused card backs. especially when you have the loose figures included in the tally of each one.

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 11 T210

I am saying this because it is being reported on SWFUK that an old school dealer says there was only about 200 unused card backs. This just doesn't make sense too me if you consider the list itself.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 12:12 pm

It's this a questionable card? if so it's most likely been U-graded....

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 11 DGtm8kJ
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 12:58 pm

@Stef
The seal looks fine...at least it wasn't an ironed one! But fuck the U-garders anyway.....of course that market is also affected, but seriously: WHO THE FUCK CARES!!! Very Happy Razz

@Josh: I agree totally. The list also says: "The following fgures ar carded originally Palitoy Star Wars"......with a handfull of cards following! If this isnt't prrof enough the other cards were loose and/or ironed (not originally factory sealed) then I dont know!

Wolff
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 1:44 pm

Do you think he still has these, I might make an offer  Razz 

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 11 Untitl39

On a serious note though, again this makes tracking down potential weapon families to COO families hard  Sad 
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 2:00 pm

It brings the whole european variant research to a STOP!! It fucks me off a million times! I am so pissed to eventually never know whats real and whats not!

Research is doen for me! How can you ever rely again on a Palitoy/Gm Moc??

Fucking ridiculous this is...... Sad Sad

Wolff- who is seriously going back to modern toys....sad but true!
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 2:17 pm

Well if it makes you feel a little better Wolff, I can assure you 100% that the invisible head Luke came from France as the COO states  Smile 
Back to top Go down
chipsteak
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
chipsteak

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 3:47 pm

Is it thought that the characters written on that list are the only alleged Toni reseals?

The reason I ask is that I have a Pali 65-back Bib Fortuna that I've often thought to be too good to be true, yet he's not on that list. It has the inked-out offer date on the back.

I can't find any tell-tale iron marks though.
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 7:36 pm

Wolf : Given the lack of willingness shown by any of the old school dealers who keep talking through someone else about the "Deal" 25 years ago, instead of getting on one of the forums and making a statement themselves, speaks volumes too me.I wouldn't be surprised if most of them shifted these cards as well, at the least, back in the day.
Either way I wouldn't trust any of them myself. Like I said the lack of willingness that has been shown to sort this mess out by them is disgusting. Grow some fucken balls and get online and put your name to your own words.
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 7:41 pm

I mean the guy that Maulster just spoke to reckons it's all BS and there was only 200unused cardbacks, yet won't get involved because of legal implications? Really? Yet what HE himself has to say is contrary to JJ? I mean you couldn't make this shit up. Good to see the standard of morality on display. I wouldn't piss on some of these people if they were on fire.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 6:24 am

Amen!!!
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 6:28 am

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 11 Head-in-sand !!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 11 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next