The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
AuthorMessage
lfantelo
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 12:41 pm

Sorry for the mistake, Jason. The collector's community down here in Spain is shocked by how all this can have been planned and executed for years. I don't know in other countries, but in Spain the MOC franchises collecting is "relatively" new as an accepted focus, and after knowing this has happened, some collectors are turning down from buying not just Palitoy, but other european MOC's asides tri-logo.

And thanks for your continous and hard work on disclosing this scam, Jason. I mean it
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 7:51 pm

I have just secured a legit GM 45 Leia Bespin for my collection. There are problems with cracks in the bubble and potentially the figure might have been be able to be removed at one time before someone taped up the crack, but I highly doubt it since the COO variant inside is exactly what I expected for it based on my research.

Regardless, I am convinced it is the real deal when compared to my TT AFA 85 and all the others I have seen that didn't make sense.

Here is a quick shot closeup showing the two side by side.
The bubble edges are different (much more rounded on the legit one) and is shorter and is very, very fragile.
 The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 13 13272241623_998f4fefd4_c

I can take more shots if anyone wants them.

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
mr_palitoy
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mr_palitoy

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 8:15 pm

I agree, left one look legit (Tonis double stems don't turn yellow).

cheers Jason

Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/mrpalitoy
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 8:21 pm

mr_palitoy wrote:

I agree, left one look legit (Tonis double stems don't turn yellow).

cheers Jason

Yeah, size, shape, material and inside figure of suspect TTs just are way off (at least in the Leia Bespin case).

But I know I am very happy with this yellowed and cracked example even though I picked it up for hundreds of dollars less that the "AFA'd Toy Toni". It means SOOOOOOO much more.

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
finestcomics
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Action Fraud    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 9:34 pm

Hey guys, while doing some work for a client today, I stumbled on something interesting.  

Action Fraud is the UK-based government organization who a member here (Chris - I believe he's jedisearcher on RS and possibly here as well) recommended we contact about the Toy Toni situation.

It appears Action Fraud is investigating a "boiler room" scheme, where they must have received complaints from the public about fraudsters posing as brokers cold-calling people, trying to sell them bogus shares.

It's surprising to me that they would have acted on something like this, but not on Toni's defrauding of so many people - worse of which, is that he carried out his scamming and has victims around the world and not only in the UK.

I posted on their Facebook page, reminding them of the complaint I filed with them and suggest if you have filed a report with them, or simply want to see justice served in this situation, to visit the Facebook link below and make your voice heard.  It's shocking they have not moved a muscle to even investigate the matter, much less seek a charge or prosecution against Toni.  The last I heard from them, they basically told me they have to see a number of complaints before they can investigate, so your posts/comments on their Facebook page might make a difference.

Here's the link, and if you know anyone who was taken by Toni, let them know about this as well.  We need to pressure Action Fraud to get off their seats and do something:

https://www.facebook.com/actionfraud/posts/668721369862814
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 4:53 am

It amazes me people can read the various threads/sites across the internet and still believe their items are factory sealed.  Avoid ignorant sellers like ferreira-de-oliveira that refuse to disclose the relevant information.  Omiting these facts is a blatant scam.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 7:12 am

aussiejames wrote:
It amazes me people can read the various threads/sites across the internet and still believe their items are factory sealed.  Avoid ignorant sellers like ferreira-de-oliveira that refuse to disclose the relevant information.  Omiting these facts is a blatant scam.

agree

I like what Jason has posted on RS: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1111987/#post19430227
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 8:01 pm

Just wanted to add this legit piece that I picked up from JC (panasteur).....

GM 45 back Leia Bespin single stem, embossed 03 number, waffle pattern and pressure mark on the back... English text... COO Family #3... so many different things going on.......... Love it!

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 13 15166057888_7c80318e39_c  The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 13 15349445781_9e46497f1b_b

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 13 15166122227_d8cb8685cc_n  The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 13 15165876609_e142093d07_n
 The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 13 15166123167_ce76b3379d_n
 The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 13 15166056938_f96b48176a_n  The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 13 15165875939_7b891d7031_n

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 9:33 am

https://vid.me/d8mO
@ 7:36- oops Kenner cardback tongue
Back to top Go down
mr_palitoy
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mr_palitoy

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 9:59 am

aussiejames wrote:
https://vid.me/d8mO
@ 7:36-  oops Kenner cardback tongue

Cringed when I saw that and the loose U graded figures. They'd have booth been on the cutting room floor if I'd seen it first!

Smile

Jason
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 10:58 am

Thanks for posting the link AJ. I missed that broadcast this morning (and I call myself a collector of vintage Star Wars :I am stupid: ) Did I spot the TIG produced Ledy CE badge on the Vader helmet? Wink

Well done Jason. :clap:

It's a shame they didn't name & shame TT, but I guess that's due to some legal issue.

Last edited by cantina_patron on Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mr_palitoy
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mr_palitoy

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 11:07 am

cantina_patron wrote:
Thanks for posting the link AJ. I missed that broadcast this morning (and I call myself a collector of vintage Star Wars :I am stupid: ) Did I spot the TIG produced Ledy CE badge on the Vader helmet? Wink

Well done Jason. :clap:

Yes, tried to get all the CE2 badges in shot so people could see their handy work.

:-)

Jason
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 11:14 am

Thanks for the link for us folk outside the UK. I thought the feature was a step in the right direction and helps highlight fakes in the collectable world - might encourage more homework from newcomers. Jason, I thought you made a good account of things.
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 8:03 pm

Thanks for posting the link AJ, I missed that Embarassed (I do watch that program sometimes)

Well done Jason  :clap:  Great account mate  cheers 

Cheers Andy  Stormie Smiley
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 8:46 pm

That was a great video. Well done Jason. cheers

AJ, thanks for posting it. Very Happy

Is anything ever going to TT ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.    The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion. - Page 13 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The General Mills 45 back & Palitoy "non factory sealed" discussion.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 13 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13