The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS   Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 1:07 pm

Great pics guys!

Wolff I know I said I was after a Poch Luke, can't remember if I said about Rocket Fett or not??? Just wondered if you considered a quick snatch and grab on those two bad boys!
That is something I would really love to see in the flesh, I would possibly even require a tissue Wink 
Back to top Go down
Richard_H
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS   Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 1:07 pm

Awesome Marco some great snaps.
Back to top Go down
vin3po
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
vin3po

PostSubject: Re: Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS   Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 2:59 pm

Marco and everyone else thanks for posting these pictures Very Happy 

Looks like yous all had a great time.

Cheers

Vince
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS   Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 4:35 pm

General Kahn wrote:
Great pics guys!

Wolff I know I said I was after a Poch Luke, can't remember if I said about Rocket Fett or not??? Just wondered if you considered a quick snatch and grab on those two bad boys!
That is something I would really love to see in the flesh, I would possibly even require a tissue Wink 

Indeed there was an Afa Rocket Fett for sale at the "hotel sale" at night. It costed 15K €...and believe it or not: it was sold!
Shocked 
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS   Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 4:43 pm

wbobafett wrote:
Indeed there was an Afa Rocket Fett for sale at the "hotel sale" at night. It costed 15K €...and believe it or not: it was sold!
Shocked 
Shocked is right!

I am very surprised that you don't read about theft/robbery at events like this!
The RF Fett, the DT Vader, POCH MOCs and whatever else there was there being carried around in backpacks!
Not that any of the scene would do it, but I mean, organized criminals who know what events are running and what to look out for. Good thing too!

Amazing thread!

Marco, congrats on being Photobucket popular! Razz

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS   Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 5:23 pm

I can believe it sold. Even though the rocket fett seems to be one of the preproduction items that there are higher numbers of, it always sells super high. This seems a bit higher than I would have expected but the last rocket fett I remember being sold was in August of last year by Mike (Blustars). It was a very nice piece but was ungraded so it sold a bit less than this I believe.
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS   Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 5:26 pm

I'm so mad at myself that I somehow missed seeing those rocket fireing fetts Sad

I just wanted to add, if you haven't seen it Smile in the Toy Hunter tv show a rocket fireing boba sells for 17000usd, I think thats around the same price tag.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
bonglee23
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
bonglee23

PostSubject: Re: Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS   Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 5:46 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
I can believe it sold.  Even though the rocket fett seems to be one of the preproduction items that there are higher numbers of, it always sells super high.  This seems a bit higher than I would have expected but the last rocket fett I remember being sold was in August of last year by Mike (Blustars).  It was a very nice piece but was ungraded so it sold a bit less than this I believe.  
Might even have been that same one. According to the certificate, it was graded Aug 2012, and it was being sold by a German guy. Plus, some people knew what he had paid for it originally...
Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS - Page 5 Dsc01111
Back to top Go down
Kenneth_B
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kenneth_B

PostSubject: Re: Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS   Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 6:25 pm

Lee asked for pics of the stuff we bought at CE2, and here is my contribution:Cool 

Autographs:

CE2 Essen 129

CE2 Essen 130

CE2 Essen 131

CE2 Essen 134

CE2 Essen 132

CE2 Essen 133

CE2 Essen 135

CE2 Essen 136

CE2 Essen 137

Back to top Go down
Kenneth_B
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kenneth_B

PostSubject: Re: Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS   Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 6:30 pm

Badges, tots etc:

CE2 Essen 128

CE2 Essen 127

CE2 Essen 126

CE2 Essen 125
Back to top Go down
Kenneth_B
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kenneth_B

PostSubject: Re: Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS   Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 6:50 pm

Loose vintage figures: And the PBP Bossk is not the rarest variant of these, as most collectors would claim. It's by far the Euro no coo C-3PO Rem. Limbs with the "wonky" no coo/no raised bar (same no coo as one of the two LL variants). It's extremely tough to find, and I got it complete at a great price!Very Happy 

CE2 Essen 109

CE2 Essen 110

CE2 Essen 120

CE2 Essen 121

CE2 Essen 111

CE2 Essen 112

CE2 Essen 113

CE2 Essen 114

CE2 Essen 115

CE2 Essen 118

CE2 Essen 119

CE2 Essen 116

CE2 Essen 117

CE2 Essen 123

CE2 Essen 122

CE2 Essen 124

CE2 Essen 108

CE2 Essen 107

This was it for tonight guys! I only need to picture a boxed Land Of The Jawas by now from my CE2 purchases.Smile Tomoorow it will be pics from the CE2 event!
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS   Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 8:04 pm

Wow Kenneth, those are all fantastic pieces. I have been looking for that c3po for a while with no luck, so set congrats on that as I believe they are extremely rare even more so than the ledy with the same markings.

Is that no coo r2 the one you had a want to buy thread on? Those are all great pickups. Did you have any luck selling the pochs that you took? I am not big into poch or pbp stuff at the moment but I can appreciate their rarity and differences.
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS   Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 8:31 pm

Regarding the RF Fett. Not trying to stir things up, but the one Bluestars was brokering was set at a great price. Unfortunately the seller raised the price after the deal was made. Not Bluestars fault, just a jerk off of a seller that had Bluestars broker the piece! I know the person that bought it, I believe it went for 2k more then the original sale add price on Rebelscum. SAD! I was offered a DT Ben from the same seller... I said no fucken thanks. I don't deal with jerk offs : )

Great pics again guys : )
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS   Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 9:48 pm

Steve I had heard there was a price increase after the seller had contacted the buyer, but I never confirmed that since I don't know who bought it. I really don't know Mike that well , but he is a decent guy from the limited times I have spoken to him. From what I had heard this was in no way Mike's fault and the seller did this without his knowledge once the buyer was put into contact with the seller.

I am glad to hear you did not want to deal with that kind of a seller too. Shows the level of integrity that great guys like you have.
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS   Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 9:52 pm

Like you said, not Mike's fault. He found out after the fact. I know the buyer and I'm just glad he got the figure at all. The seller is an ass with a great collection. Great collections like that suck, because the owner is an ASS!
: ) Steve
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS   Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 11:02 pm

Also.... Kenneth, GREAT pic ups my friend! Love the photos and sigs. Great stuff! And Wolff, GREAT pics too : ) I like the Yoda shirt. Has Hasbro contacted you yet about a new job? They should! : )
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS   Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 1:53 am

Thanks Kenneth for showing your CE2 findings. As said on CE2, a really nice score! Very Happy
The RL C-3PO with curved COO is indeed very tough to find. You need to have some luck in tracking him down.

psybertech wrote:

Marco, congrats on being Photobucket popular! Razz

First the broken links, now the exceeded bandwidth. I don't have luck with my CE2 pictures. Very Happy 
However this time it seems to effect all pictures in all my posts.

Meanwhile I got a mail from Photobucket:

Hello, Dr_Dengar!
Your account has reached the free 10GB bandwidth limit. Get unlimited* bandwidth with Photobucket Plus!

What is bandwidth?

Bandwidth is the total amount of photos & videos shared to other sites. Think of it as a data plan for your Photobucket account. Once the bandwidth limit is reached, your links on other sites, e.g., blogs, forums, etc., will turn off until your account is upgraded. To track how much bandwidth you're using, you can visit your Account tab in User Settings.

Seems that I have to upgrade my free account to a paid version.
Anyone else got this experience?
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS   Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 2:18 am

Quote :
Bandwidth is the total amount of photos & videos shared to other sites.

Uhm, that was probably the worst explanation of bandwidth i've ever heard... Bandwidth is just trafic, in short how much data that have been loaded from their site. You can avoid this by uploading your pictures somewhere else.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
bonglee23
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
bonglee23

PostSubject: Re: Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS   Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 5:00 am

The_Dark_Artist wrote:
Like you said, not Mike's fault. He found out after the fact. I know the buyer and I'm just glad he got the figure at all. The seller is an ass with a great collection. Great collections like that suck, because the owner is an ASS!
I talked to the guy several times during CE, and thought he was OK-ish (I didn't know he had the RFF at that time). When I heard about the price he paid for the RFF and how much he was putting on top of that with his resale, I was quite appalled at this extremely business-oriented attitude towards collecting and just making as big a profit as he can. But he's by far not the only one I met at CE unfortunately...
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS   Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 5:08 am

@Kenneth....some nice variants there, congrats on the no coo C3 & R2's!
Back to top Go down
bonglee23
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
bonglee23

PostSubject: Re: Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS   Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 5:33 am

wbobafett wrote:
bonglee23 wrote:
The_Dark_Artist wrote:
I talked to the guy several times during CE, and thought he was OK-ish (I didn't know he had the RFF at that time). When I heard about the price he paid for the RFF and how much he was putting on top of that with his resale, I was quite appalled at this extremely business-oriented attitude towards collecting and just making as big a profit as he can. But he's by far not the only one I met at CE unfortunately...

I you think you are mixing up a lot of here.?!?!?

1. Michael Vogt brokered a RFF last year ago on RS for let's say "seller1" (steve is refering to this one)

2. The one who bought, let us call him "buyer 1" sent it to Afa for grading.

3. After grading it was sold again (BTW: I doubt it is the same figure Vogt brokered, but oaky let us assume it is the same) to the german guy who had it on CE II = "buyer 2". I talked to him and he bought it already graded Wink

4. It was then sold again on CE II and it was indeed sold (information is from a german forum  Wink ). I don't know who bought it, but it's "buyer 3" at minimum for this figure (if it is the one Vogt brokered Wink)

You probably talked to the owner who sold it on CE II, which is not the guy Steve is referring too and also not Michael Vogt Wink
No, I got that. You are right of course, there is no way for me to verify this was the same figure Mike sold last year, and through how many hands it went after that.
I just heard for how much the figure sold at CE, and what was supposedly paid for it before. And there is just such a huge margin that I find hard to justify. I guess even after 20 years of collecting I don't understand the high-end market Smile 
AND of course I don't mean to stir up anything or badmouth anyone, I was just surprised that's all. But in the end it always takes two, and if the final buyer was OK with the price, then good on both of them.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS   Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 7:19 am

agreed.....I was afarid someone is thinking bad of Michael Vogt which is one of the most nicest guy in the hobby ....and never greedy or sth like that at all! I saw too late you are from Germany...thats why I deleted my post because then I guess you know the german guys very well Wink

I won't say anything about the "other" guys involved.....I guess the facts speek for themselve WinkVery Happy

Cheers

Wolff
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS   Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 1:45 pm

Yup, exactly what Wolff said : )
Michael is a great guy.
Back to top Go down
Kenneth_B
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kenneth_B

PostSubject: Re: Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS   Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 1:39 am

That no coo Euro C-3PO is truely an extremely rare piece - and it's a spare figure, since I found my collection sample last year (thanks for the link back then Marco)Very Happy Yeah rarer than his LL coo brother imo too.

No unfortunately this is the more common Euro/Tri no coo R2 Sensorscope with the GMFGI 1977 stamp on the side of the bottom. I'm still missing the rarer no coo R2 Sensorscope variant with the GMFGI 1977 stamp between the legs. Maybe a Meccano produced figure??

No Poch figures sold at CE2 at all. Only the incomplete LL/PBP Yoda was sold.Sad 

trappedtexan wrote:
Wow Kenneth, those are all fantastic pieces.  I have been looking for that c3po for a while with no luck, so set congrats on that as I believe they are extremely rare even more so than the ledy with the same markings.  

Is that no coo r2 the one you had a want to buy thread on?  Those are all great pickups.  Did you have any luck selling the pochs that you took?  I am not big into poch or pbp stuff at the moment but I can appreciate their rarity and differences.
Back to top Go down
Kenneth_B
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kenneth_B

PostSubject: Re: Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS   Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 1:41 am

Thanks Stefan!Very Happy 

walkie wrote:
@Kenneth....some nice variants there, congrats on the no coo C3 & R2's!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS   Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Celebration Europe 2: THE PICS

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next