The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Walking Dead

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

The Walking Dead - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 4:54 pm

just finishing watching episode 5 very very good but, Hershels theme....wow Shocked this track by Ben Howard is awesome!!!

Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 6:04 pm

chris.75 wrote:
just finishing watching episode 5 very very good but, Hershels theme....wow Shocked this track by Ben Howard is awesome!!!
Thank you for posting that Chris cheers 

That is a really cool song and I had only heard what was played during the episode - it literally gives me the chills and makes my hair stand on end Cool 

Hershel is one of my favorite characters and many of the most gut wrenching moments for me during the series has involved Hershel - Scott Wilson does such a Fantastic job playing the role :clap: 

The fantastic music is just one more reason that the series is the best show I have seen in years Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 6:13 pm

Totally agree on the tune, music is everything on a film/series/anything! I was just saying to our lass yesterday about how much I love the actual opening credits tune for Walking Dead, it just hits all the right notes for desolation, terror, apocolypse, everything best series ever. Just watched episode 6 a half hour ago, a nice little side story Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 6:30 pm

Although his album has been out for about a year or so and i was familiar with a couple of his other tracks, watching that episode was also the first time i had heard that particular track. Accompanying those emotive scenes of Hershel struggling to come to terms with what was happening, like you Jim, I got chills.
Listening to that track combined with Scott Wilson's brilliant performance :clap: :clap: 
I totally agree Jim, Hershels character (replacing dale) brings gravitas and a more human and emotive aspect to the show, helping to create a more stark contrast to all the fighting and extreme gore, giving the story a much wider appeal to a wider audience.
Yep totally agree with you Alex on the opening music combined with that dirty brown tint to the opening credits  F@!#ing love this show Twisted Evil

thought that the govenor was looking a bit like Snake Plissken at the beginning of episode 6 smoke
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 1:56 pm

I am thinking after seeing the last episode that the governor might have just adopted a new daughter to replace his.
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 7:10 pm

just watched s4e8.........

Shocked 
cheers 

bounce 

Such a fantastic episode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy S#%t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 8:07 pm

psybertech wrote:
just watched s4e8.........

Shocked 
cheers 

bounce 

Such a fantastic episode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy S#%t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No shit Jay cheers 

one of the most intense episodes ever and I swear I have never been so close to tears since they killed King Kong when I was 8 years old Crying or Very sad 

I have been wanting to talk about the episode but I know the overseas audiance is a few days behind the US airings - I don't want to spoil anything What a Face 

So once everyone has seen it let us know ... I need some serious group therapy ....
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 9:22 pm

no kidding I mean like wow it was intense to say the least. And no kidding James about needing some serious group therapy after that one.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 4:22 am

As I consider myself a massive walking dead fan I was glad to see a proper assault by the governor on the prison instead of that half hearted attempt first time round.

I still find in quiet odd at times how the story differs from the original comic book version, but if I'm honest I do find some of the changes welcoming.

Firstly I'm glad the tank made it...

The Walking Dead - Page 2 The_Walking_Dead_43_26_27

But it now has me thinking?!?!? Dale plays a bigger part in the original comic story (later on that is), yet the actor who played him wished to leave so Hershal took his place. Hershel even lost a leg like Dale in the comic.

However, they have now killed Hershal off, instead of Tyresse...

The Walking Dead - Page 2 Walking_Dead46_016

So who gets to stand in for "Dales" comic book story arc later on in the TV series?!?!?

As usually the TV series is toned down, so i'll leave you with a few deaths from the comic....

Lori (who doesn't die till the prision assault) with Judith....BANG YOUR DEAD...

The Walking Dead - Page 2 Walking_Dead48_012

And the governor...BANG GO YOUR BRAINS....

The Walking Dead - Page 2 Walking_Dead48_019

Now the TV series is off air till next Feb, expect a few more updates from me.
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 7:19 pm

The producers made it different from the comics for the main reason even those who read the comics would be pretty much lost as well Smile

I can't wait for the season to start up again I really want to know what happened to Judith all they showed were the little girls putting the baby seat down and later they showed only a blood covered seat got to wonder over that one.

Here is a little test for all you fans lets see how long you will survive me apparently with all my combat and survival training I will be dead in like 8 months damn good thing I keep one bullet for myself lol

Here is the link to the test good luck
http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking-dead/how-long-would-you-survive?utm_campaign=TWD&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=MarketTraq&utm_content=12.26.13&utm_term=292685
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 4:39 am

Larry, I got eight months too  What a Face
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 4:46 am

I'll try later it doesn't seem very iPhone friendly.

As for the TV series been different to the comic I'm glad, us comic fans need a few new surprises Wink
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 5:11 am

You can all stay at my house if you like....  Very Happy 

The Walking Dead - Page 2 WalkingDead_zpsea593c25
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 10:43 am

The Walking Dead - Page 2 Twalking_dead_zps5541756d
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 10:45 am

OK, I move to Andy's place, in case the zombie shit hits the fan  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 11:16 am

damn - I was only a six month survivor  affraid 

Looks like I will be joining Marco at Andy's place  cheers 
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 11:40 am

You can stay at mine, but I'm gonna need you to give me a hand....... well more of a leg  Razz 

The Walking Dead - Page 2 134
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 11:56 am

haha!!!

The Walking Dead - Page 2 11586981513_5ea32bd42f_b

I guess me an Alex could form a cripple camp! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 11:58 am

Between us that's a pair chief, there's no one to stop us now!  Angry SW 
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 12:05 pm

I'd like to say stay at mine, but that shit will get you killed....

The Walking Dead - Page 2 DmtaKqB
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 1:58 pm

I will be meeting you all at Andy's place but be warned I am noy opposed to shooting someone in the leg on a milk run if need be or I will just take one of you one legged crips along just in case Smile

Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 2:09 pm

arohk wrote:
I will be meeting you all at Andy's place but be warned I am noy opposed to shooting someone in the leg on a milk run if need be or I will just take one of you one legged crips along just in case Smile

lol! 

The Walking Dead - Page 2 Drinkm10

The Walking Dead - Page 2 28232

Last edited by ourchickenshack on Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 2:13 pm

lol! just holding on in there  

The Walking Dead - Page 2 <a href=The Walking Dead - Page 2 Download1_zps2f24a3e5" />
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 2:24 pm

I love it James, but I guess all us short timers would be better off being with you long termers until the one day when old Larry is sitting there then all we here is "white noise" run fast all it's Governor Larry lol
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 1:50 pm

Heads up guys AMC's The Walking Dead returns this Sunday, Feb. 9 at 9/8c at which time fans will discover the fallout of the epic prison battle, I can't wait for this show to restart Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Walking Dead

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next