The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Walking Dead

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 4:00 pm

arohk wrote:
I love that freaking show so cool we need a walking dead discussion area I think lol I can't wait for the start up in October who do you think will die next

I couldn't agree more Larry cheers 

I am a huge Walking Dead fan myself and I love the TV series . I have been shopping arround trying to find some reasonably priced comic reprint type collections so I can read the comic series . I really want to read it because I am sure I will love it Twisted Evil 

who dies next :scratch: 

I am going to go with Beth or Carol - at least thats the 2 I would be the least disappointed to see go . They might kill off Herschel though but that would really piss me off Angry SW 

I have a few of the action figures but just series 3 (still missing Mearl) . I didn't even realize McFarlane was putting out Walking Dead toys until I had already missed the 1st 2 series completely No The 1st series figures will cost me dearly now , particularly Darrel - been seeing him sell for $200 + .

BTW my wife is just as much of a fan of the Walking Dead as I am Cool

Last edited by ourchickenshack on Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 4:54 pm

James, I would seriously recommend reading the comics, they make the tv series look shite!

Dale and Hershel were swapped, mainly due to the actor who played Dale wanting to leave the show. The comics do not have Daryl in them which is a shame.

And the governor was such a let down, read the comic and see. I'll just say one word....spoon!

Last edited by walkie on Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 5:27 pm

Great to see a Walking dead thread on here. I am a huge fan and cant wait for the new series

Perhaps we need a GOT Thread too? Cool 
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 5:34 pm

Now your talking Smile
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 9:26 pm

to cool went out for a bit come home and walking dead topic Smile for me I haven't read the comics either I do know they are way darker then the show. I am going to see what I can do about getting them all Victoria seems to have a never ending supply of walking dead stuff.

As for who dies next I say either Beth or possibly little ass kicker a drop and run scenario to save others yah I am sick lol Of course personally Glenn should go then I can be free to move in on Maggie hehe.

As far as toys I haven't started to collect them there would only be a few I would want to get and James I will see what I can find for the 1st 2 series like Darrel I know the people who own the major comic/toy stores in the city and that is one of the items they sell will check about the comics also.

As far as what I would do if I were among the group first I would find any and all military bases and get some armoured vehicles and locate the weapons lock ups they may be picked clean of guns but I doubt many would think to take the silencers or night vision gear and if lucky there may be some good stuff like a 50 cal sniper rifle. Also dive shops and museums good places to possibly find chainmail armour lets see a walker bite through that. Of course an edged weapon like a sword would be standard to carry. On big advantage of being former Special Forces you learn to know how to handle any situation as most civilian type people most likely would only grab what they know how to use and carry a 50 cal is heavy and you could only carry a small amount of ammo but hey when the living try to come to get your stuff there is little you could not pop a whole through with that bad boy. As far as my personal weapon I would use a FN rifle use to be standard issue for the Canadian & British there are still lots to be found around its a 308 cal but with the change of the breach block it will fir 22 cal rounds and a 9mm beretta for my side arm and a revolver as back up to that.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 9:31 pm

Love Walking Dead. I bought the first volume of the series in TPB to try it. Didn't care for it myself. I'll pick up a couple more volumes to see if it gets better.

I'd love to pick up the figures but the prices on them are nuts. Even when new and not after a set has been out for awhile.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 9:33 pm

ourchickenshack try here http://talesofwonder.com/index-exec/root_category_id/0 for trades of WD. They usually have decent sales if you check often. Ebay often has good deals too if someone is selling a bunch of their stuff to make room.
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 6:21 am

Just ordered some Walking dead comic books/graphic novels (Robert Kirkman), can't wait to check out the story/artwork. cheers

Last edited by Nico on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 11:10 am

@ Stefan ...

I am deffinitely wanting to read the comics - as much as I love the show I know the comics must be great What a Face  If the comics are better than the show I can't wait cheers
In my opinion the tv series is the most well written series that has hit television in a long time . The actors are great and the speacial effects are second to none Very Happy 

I am glad I watched the tv series 1st because I have always had a problem watching tv/movies after I read the books - the tv shows or movies never live up to my expectations and I spend too much time compairing the differences to the books . It's alot easier for me to accept the differences if I read the books after I watch the program .

@ Larry ....

sounds like your ready fror the Zombie Apocalypse What a Face 

If you have any luck finding any of the figures at your local shopping spots for decent prices let me know - I don't have any 1st or 2nd series figures at all ...

@ Paul ...

yes , the figures even new are way too expensive . I paid $18 each for the series 3 figures I have brand new at Hastings jawdrop I have the 1st 10 series or so of McFarlanes Spawn figures - I paid a average of $10 each for them and they are nearly twice the size of his Walking Dead figures . I know its been over 10 years since I bought the Spawn series but the inflation rate seems a bit ridiculous No 

Thanks for the link man - I will keep checking it to see if I have any luck Very Happy 

I think I am going to try and hunt down some used copies of the TPB books - I don't care what the condition is as long as there readible . If I could afford to buy the original prints of the individual comics I would want mint copies but the TPB books are just for reading as far as I'm concearned and not a collectors item .

All I know is I love the series and can't wait for the new episodes in October and I am dying to read the comics too cheers 
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 12:36 am

for those who want to read the comics here is a link to one of the stores here in Canada this is the online store part but you can still order the comics for cheap I can also get them at the store also they are still available.   http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/the-walking-dead-volume-1/9781582406725-item.htmlikwid=the+walking+dead&ikwsec=Home&gcs_requestid=0CKiFmsfNprgCFQQq5wodSiUAAA
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 1:59 am

I've just read issue 112, worhout spoiling it Rick is in some serious sh*t!
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 11:50 pm

Usually horror genre is not my thing, but with everybody saying the walking dead is so awesome it looks as though I need to see the show. I think James, Stefan and others are probably right that this show is worthy of looking at and getting into. Guess I will be trying to find the dvd or bluray on the next store trip.
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 1:35 am

trappedtexan wrote:
Usually horror genre is not my thing, but with everybody saying the walking dead is so awesome it looks as though I need to see the show.  I think James, Stefan and others are probably right that this show is worthy of looking at and getting into.  Guess I will be trying to find the dvd or bluray on the next store trip.  

It is such and well written and acted show that I am sure you will enjoy it . It is very important to watch it from the start - I know the 1st 19 episodes are available on Netflix instant watch (streaming or whatever:I am stupid: )

I would say its 80% story and only 20% zombie/gore/horror . It's like a soap opera for adults lol! 
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 2:11 am

Its unusual for a zombie story/series as it deals with the aftermath of a viral outbreak rather than the outbreak itself.

Also what makes it good is the lead actor is British, enough said Wink
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 3:35 am

hell not only is he British but he also runs the group under a Ricktatorship rule Smile. Oh also about the comic books I completely forgot they also come in large volumes called The Walking Dead Compendium Volume 1 & 2 vol 1 covers 1-48 vol 2 covers 49-96 they are way cheaper then the indavidual comics thanks James for reminding me. And for the U.S. guys can be bought at Barnes and Noble for about $40. here is a link.  

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-walking-dead-compendium-volume-2-robert-kirkman/1111809266?ean=9781607065968
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 4:23 am

Don't forget to pick up the specials and A-Z's

Happy to say I've been reading them since issue 21 and own a full digital set Smile
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 9:18 am

walkie wrote:
Don't forget to pick up the specials and A-Z's

Happy to say I've been reading them since issue 21 and own a full digital set Smile

DIGITAL!!!!!!affraid BLASPHEMY!!!!!!Suspect 

Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 9:55 am

Nope, just easy to carry around on your tablet device Smile
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 2:41 pm

walkie wrote:

TABLET DEVICE!!!!!!!!affraid WITCHCRAFT!!!!Suspect
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 2:54 pm

Nah mate just technology

May I ask how you view TIG? maybe through the tarot card reading?
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 3:31 pm

kisstour03 wrote:
walkie wrote:

TABLET DEVICE!!!!!!!!affraid WITCHCRAFT!!!!Suspect

lol! lol! lol! 

I call my computer thingy a Wizard Box What a Face 
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 6:48 pm

I was just sitting here watching some of the web episodes of the show which are pretty cool like how bicycle girl came about etc if you all haven't checked it out here is the link to the AMC site enjoy http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking-dead.
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 2:21 pm

thought this thread needed to be bumped since the new season of The Walking Dead aired this past Sunday cheers 

what has your minds wondering the most ?

Who is Michone looking for ? She commented on it to Darrel and she plans to look in Macon next ... The Govenor , Morgan or someone else unsure 

Was it just me or did there seem to be a difference in the look of one of the zombies eyes hanging out at the fence ? They made a point to show him twice during the episode - his eyes had a much redder , bloody look than the normal walkers . The kid that died in the shower at the end and rapidly turned seem to have the same look in his eyes too thinking 

Is this tied to a change in the spread of the virus somehow ? Has it become airbourne or perhaps contaminated the water ?

Whats the deal with the sick pig ? Is the virus affecting animals now ? Could eating these animals possibly be a new way to become infected ? The kid that died in the shower commented on how good the deer was that Darrel had brought back at some point ....

Any thoughts from the rest of you Dead Heads What a Face 

The Walking Dead 12750810
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 3:30 pm

I'm glad this thread got bump, series 4 doesn't officially air till this Thursday in the UK but I couldnt wait so I watched it last night Wink

Michonne is looking for the governor, I hope she finds him and kills him off properly.

The virus is already airborne, and it was commented on several times in previous episodes. Like when shaune was shot and came back as a zombie, and a compound was found with dead zombies with no bites. So basically you die you come back a zombie, if you remember Carl shot his mum after the emergency c-section to stop her turning.

As for the pig and the zombie eyes?!?!? Pass as neither are mentioned in the comics.

Oh and whilst on the subject of comics issue 115 came out last week marking 10 years of walking dead!!!
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 9:23 pm

I believe Michonne is looking for the governor also.

As far as the virus most likely it has become airborne not sure about the eyes though but the harry potter kid most likely infected the water supply in the shower area.

I know from watching the talking dead that there are a few new characters that will be in the show from the comic book but like the producer said the show is not like the comic some parts may be similar but that's it.

As far as the part that made me wonder at this moment I can't think of anything I just know from what I heard is everything that happened in Sundays episode with each parson is just the start they are going to have a story line for each character this season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Walking Dead

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next