The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

1 weapon away from fulling a complete Loose collection

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Paul Armory
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Paul Armory

1 weapon away from fulling a complete Loose collection  Empty
PostSubject: 1 weapon away from fulling a complete Loose collection    1 weapon away from fulling a complete Loose collection  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 7:35 pm

With the help of proper identification from TIG and it's members I've ensured 99.9% of a Vintage loose collection ALL with authentic weapons except for an A-Wing pilot I just picked up:D 

It's a milestone for me because I've fulfilled my vow (after 1 weapon of course) to my deceased brother in the completion of a collection he started. After obtaining a weapon for that A-Wing pilot I will focus on carded figs (which I have already began) with no particular focus on a specific back...that focus will come at a later time.

cheers Thank you TIG members for your insight and sharing of knowledgecheers
Back to top Go down
chipsteak
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
chipsteak

PostSubject: Re: 1 weapon away from fulling a complete Loose collection    1 weapon away from fulling a complete Loose collection  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 8:29 pm

The end is in sight. Just one more hurdle. You can do it, you can do it.

Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: 1 weapon away from fulling a complete Loose collection    1 weapon away from fulling a complete Loose collection  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 9:00 pm

Congrat's on the collection and as for the A-Wing Pilot gun, ouch, it's a tuff one but if you've come this far you could just have it done with and shell out the stupid asking price of an individual one and finish off the set.

If it's any concellation, the impossible is not always that impossible, I have bought many figures over the years without accessories and have kind of behind insome respects (mostly doubles and COO variants so not hugely important) but one thing I did always say to my self was to never buy a POTF figure (which had a unique weapon) unless it was armed and from a reliable seller, however a couple of weeks ago I ended up with a Imperial Gunner unarmed (a trade with a friend, modern for vintage) I was a COO variant so I just did it, but damn it was a bastard without that black blaster!

A it happens, two weeks later I walked into a little toy shop and found a B-Wing Pilot armed with an authentic POTF black Blaster for 6 quid! BAM now it's mine!

Point of the story is you never know! Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: 1 weapon away from fulling a complete Loose collection    1 weapon away from fulling a complete Loose collection  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 10:08 am

If you have enough patience, you'll get one on the cheap.

Always search Ebay for B Wing Pilots, AT-ST Pilots, etc. because you get people who might swap blasters. Think about it this way, for every A Wing Pilot and Imperial Gunner with the grey blaster, it means there's a ATST Driver/B Wing/Leia Poncho possibly with the black blaster.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: 1 weapon away from fulling a complete Loose collection    1 weapon away from fulling a complete Loose collection  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 10:38 am

Congrat's SithLord your brother would be proud mate cheers
Good luck with the blaster, I'm sure you will find one cheers
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: 1 weapon away from fulling a complete Loose collection    1 weapon away from fulling a complete Loose collection  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 10:54 am

I still need one more black endor blaster & a Luke poncho belt Laughing 
Congrats on the almost complete run Smile 
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: 1 weapon away from fulling a complete Loose collection    1 weapon away from fulling a complete Loose collection  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 11:09 am

Congrats you are almost there to reach that milestone!

Good luck with the last few meters!
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: 1 weapon away from fulling a complete Loose collection    1 weapon away from fulling a complete Loose collection  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 11:49 am

Congratulations :)it's really hard, I'm still missing 5 weapons. Sadly I'm missing that one as well so I can't help you there. Your brother would be proud Smile

btw AJ
aussiejames wrote:
I still need one more black endor blaster & a Luke poncho belt Laughing 
Congrats on the almost complete run Smile 

I think I got one or 2 spare belts :)I'm in dire need for some ewok parts if you wanna trade? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: 1 weapon away from fulling a complete Loose collection    1 weapon away from fulling a complete Loose collection  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 12:04 pm

Great job Sithlord cheers 

Really glad to see that you are so close to completeing your bro's collection :clap: 
Back to top Go down
dj121
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: 1 weapon away from fulling a complete Loose collection    1 weapon away from fulling a complete Loose collection  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 10:03 pm

Congrats!! It's a great feeling to look in a case, or on a shelf, or where ever you keep your figures and know the set is complete! I get a small rush every time I look at my Ikea with the complete loose figure set inside. I'm sure your brother would be very proud of the accomplishment! Please take some pics of the whole set and share them with us.
Back to top Go down
Paul Armory
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Paul Armory

PostSubject: Re: 1 weapon away from fulling a complete Loose collection    1 weapon away from fulling a complete Loose collection  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 7:13 pm

Thanks guys...

@ darthberizing- Ya John patience is key for that...I'll find one and I'll definitely watch for the swapa roony ones Wink
@ dj121 The wife's making a run up next week for some Lobsta. Just saying.
@ Rawlin-What are you looking for ewok wise? Always willing to help out Wink
@ Aussiejames- I want a cool down or cool off nice photo Sad
@ The 'Shack'- Hugs not drugs man...hugs...not drugs LOL
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: 1 weapon away from fulling a complete Loose collection    1 weapon away from fulling a complete Loose collection  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 11:22 am

SithLord2013 wrote:
Thanks guys...

@ darthberizing- Ya John patience is key for that...I'll find one and I'll definitely watch for the swapa roony ones Wink
@ dj121 The wife's making a run up next week for some Lobsta. Just saying.
@ Rawlin-What are you looking for ewok wise? Always willing to help out Wink
@ Aussiejames- I want a cool down or cool off nice photo Sad
@ The 'Shack'- Hugs not drugs man...hugs...not drugs LOL

It's Lumats bow and paaplos staff Smile
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: 1 weapon away from fulling a complete Loose collection    1 weapon away from fulling a complete Loose collection  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 11:58 am

the full sets always huge to collect, ive got two but the only thing im missing is lukes brown camo poncho, ive got two lukes minus their ponchos, and its a damn hard thing to pick up by its self, if anybody has one please let me know.

And OP, Congrats on your completed collection mate,cheers  nothing better than finishing your loose run, unless your finishing your carded run :clap: 

Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: 1 weapon away from fulling a complete Loose collection    1 weapon away from fulling a complete Loose collection  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 12:12 pm

Aussie Fortuna wrote:
the full sets always huge to collect, ive got two but the only thing im missing is lukes brown camo poncho, ive got two lukes minus their ponchos, and its a damn hard thing to pick up by its self, if anybody has one please let me know.

And OP, Congrats on your completed collection mate,cheers  nothing better than finishing your loose run, unless your finishing your carded run :clap: 

I have one or two luke ponchos spare.
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: 1 weapon away from fulling a complete Loose collection    1 weapon away from fulling a complete Loose collection  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 12:28 pm

Rawlin wrote:
Aussie Fortuna wrote:

I have one or two luke ponchos spare.

PM sent cheers thankyou Rawlin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1 weapon away from fulling a complete Loose collection    1 weapon away from fulling a complete Loose collection  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1 weapon away from fulling a complete Loose collection

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1