The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My loose run is complete

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

My loose run is complete Empty
PostSubject: My loose run is complete   My loose run is complete I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 10:49 am

I've finished my loose run with these 5 figures. An incredibly nice young man from the FB forums sent me these and I still owe him for them. An incredible gesture but I'm so excited to be done.

Now what do I do?

My loose run is complete A5OlomT
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: My loose run is complete   My loose run is complete I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 12:49 pm

Wow!! You finished the loose run in way less than 8 months? affraid

Congrats!

Time to work on the VC Jawa and DT's?

Back to top Go down
TheSchwartz
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheSchwartz

PostSubject: Re: My loose run is complete   My loose run is complete I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 3:32 pm

@Broke
Congratulations! Remarkable achievement. Hope your "Broke" namesake is unfounded.
Back to top Go down
centurio
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: My loose run is complete   My loose run is complete I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 4:40 pm

Broke wrote:

Now what do I do?

Congratulations Broke. Sure it's a great feeling to have them all. Just enjoy the moment, play with them Laughing
Creatures and ships are great, so it's a good option to continue your quest.
Also have a beer I do not see the point with a beer and a Star Wars but it's a good opportunity to celebrate drinking

My own run started 38 years ago, i was seven and bought Princess Leia for 1$....1$  lol!
Still need 5 figures to finish mine and a few weapons. May be next year. I can not wait to feel the same as you right now
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: My loose run is complete   My loose run is complete I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 7:12 pm

darthmatt22 wrote:
Wow!! You finished the loose run in way less than 8 months? affraid

Congrats!

Time to work on the VC Jawa and DT's?

Yes, I started April 15th I believe.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: My loose run is complete   My loose run is complete I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 11:48 pm

Congrats. Now what? Hmmm, several ways to go. Harder to find kenner stuff, such as the dt sabers or vinyl cape jawa as was recommended; a new line such as ledy, poch, pbp; playsets; 12 inch line; etc. There are a number of ways to go, most wont be very cheap and some will be downright hard. May take years to complete some foreign lines for example.

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
Mike_Z
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Mike_Z

PostSubject: Re: My loose run is complete   My loose run is complete I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 11:33 am

Congratulations!

Nice work and in quick fashion! I asked you over at RS before seeing this thread, does your complete set include the Rebo band and Blue Snaggletooth?
Back to top Go down
TheJabbaWookie
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheJabbaWookie

PostSubject: Re: My loose run is complete   My loose run is complete I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 2:31 pm

Awesome work Broke and what an amazingly kind gesture from the guy on FB. You’re standing at a crossroads and the possibilities are endless. MOCs, vehicles and playsets, variants, stationary and oddball items...

I knew I wanted to explore the Spanish line and despite being a loose collector I’ve found myself being tempted by the 20 and 21 backs as I love the first 12 but can’t afford the 12 backs.

Take your time and enjoy the moment.
Back to top Go down
Broke
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Broke

PostSubject: Re: My loose run is complete   My loose run is complete I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 4:40 pm

Mike_Z wrote:
Congratulations!

Nice work and in quick fashion! I asked you over at RS before seeing this thread, does your complete set include the Rebo band and Blue Snaggletooth?

Yes it does. I have all of those. Mics and flute also. Everything I have is complete at this point. Short of a gun that may be the wrong color. I know my A wing pilot gun is the wrong color so I'll be fixing that soon.
Back to top Go down
MightyMike
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: My loose run is complete   My loose run is complete I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 6:51 am

Congratulations!

I just need EV-9D9 and Imperial Dignitary to complete my loose run, having bought my first figure on 4th May this year

However I must confess I did have some figures left from my childhood so not sure if you would say it has taken me 8 months or 38 years...
Back to top Go down
Calrissian_Charm
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Calrissian_Charm

PostSubject: Re: My loose run is complete   My loose run is complete I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 9:36 pm

I was working at this pace, but it got to be too much. Now, I'm not much interested in getting past the first 21. It's cool though, because while it narrows the characters, the variations and possibilities are huge.

Congratulations on the milestone
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: My loose run is complete   My loose run is complete I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2017 3:20 pm

Congratulations!!
I started to put together a loose run back in 2011, still not finished, but then I also keep upgrading the figures that I do have as well.
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: My loose run is complete   My loose run is complete I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2017 1:51 pm

congrats welcome to the world of variants cheers geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My loose run is complete   My loose run is complete I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My loose run is complete

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1