The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 4:09 pm

Wow 3 months, that must have been a long wait to see the stuff you bought.
I can tell by the pink sticker that you bought that Luke Farmboy cardback from Kevin (give-in-2-hate).
Nice Buys for all you guys, just to much to name it all.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 4:10 pm

Nice haul eljawa!! Very Happy

That's a nice Welcome Home! welcome
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 5:45 pm

wow really nice pick ups everyone, what a cool haul of stuff to come home to after 3 months eljawa Shocked Shocked

@ PT- congrats on the amazing grail piece. So Jay you gonna set your Jawa free, Or will you keep him locked up to help retain his authenticity value?
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 5:55 pm

Clint - Great Bike!!

Jay - Nice assortment man!

Eljawa - I come home to expired meat and sour milk, you know how to do it!!

Got this in today, not sure though. I may trade it. Sweet piece but I have no space !!

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 4 Box10
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:07 pm

eljawa wrote:
So I was away from home for three months but was buying from Ebay the whole time. Heres what I came home to. 40 carbacks, Jawa 20 back afa 75 (from Kelllerman collection), Jawa Meccano 20 back, Kellerman book, 3 Lee toy review mags, 27 loooose figs, 10 extra weapons, 100 fig stands, (one repro cape Booo!),
Shocked
Very nice man! And most of those troopers look oh so minty white! NICE!

chris.75 wrote:
@ PT- congrats on the amazing grail piece. So Jay you gonna set your Jawa free, Or will you keep him locked up to help retain his authenticity value?
As long as I don't stare at him drunk, he has to stay cased up soley for the AFA factor. If I paid 10-100 over normal loose VC Jawas, I definitely would bust that sucker out!!!! But, it was a little more than that so, he will stay entombed until I die (or need to sell him to replace one of my own body parts!)

DarthBerizing wrote:
Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 4 Box10

Nice! It looks familiar, but the real question is, IS IT FULL!?!?!?!? Cool

Congrats everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:22 pm

Quote :
As long as I don't stare at him drunk, he has to stay cased up soley for the AFA factor. If I paid 10-100 over normal loose VC Jawas, I definitely would bust that sucker out!!!! But, it was a little more than that so, he will stay entombed until I die (or need to sell him to replace one of my own body parts!)

lol! yeah it would be so tempting wouldn't it. But grail pieces like VC jawas and Dt Luke, Vader, ben, Vlix etc.. is definitely what loose AFA grading is really meant for, not regular figures, imo. Congrats again my friend.

@ John- very nice box mate, what if you flat packed it and wall mounted it, just a thought Smile
Back to top Go down
Mr Ledy
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Mr Ledy

PostSubject: Mexican vintage Bootlegs (80's)   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 8:18 pm

Some of these figures are in the bootleg section but I want to show you them together, all of them are form 80's and are very rare to find even here in Mexico because many bootlegs were made at 90's even in old molds but plastic, paint and experience can help to identify, I hope you like this set

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 4 Boba_f10

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 4 Star_w10

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 4 Star_w11

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 4 Star_w12

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 4 Star_w13

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 4 Star_w14

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 4 Royal_10

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 4 Star_w16

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 4 Star_w17

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 4 Star_w19

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 4 Star_w20

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 4 Dscn4712

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 4 Star_w21
Back to top Go down
eljawa
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
eljawa

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 10:51 pm

Thanks for the comments everyone. It was like coming home to Christmas!
Stargeezer - Kevin is my cardback hero, ive paid his bills for the last 6 months (haha).
DarthBerizing - I just never buy Meat or milk from ebay.
psybertech - "If you wanna be my trooper it dont matter if your yellow or white."
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 12:06 am

Wow a ton of great additions everyone. I really like the mexican bootlegs Mr Ledy. I have never seen the snowtrooper without a wierd mouth piece on him before. And that royal guard all in white is really a nice looking figure.

John, I think someone else already said it but it would be a great way to display it is to make it like a box flat and frame it.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 3:10 pm

Beautiful and colourful Mexican bootlegs, Christian.

NICE! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
tundra9
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
tundra9

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 5:31 pm

TIG and SWFUK must be guys with deep pockets, these threads are too much to handle, congrats to all, too many to mention!

Been spying on this thread for a good while, but rarely posting, if at all, will rectify that!
There has been so much stuff on here it's amazing, and I have to say, after I sold my stormies, it started itching
to get back in.

The whole collecting thing didn't seem right after my grandma died so I wanted it all gone.
It felt good for a while, but then it struck me, I saw Star Wars for the first time at my grans house, so that kinda justified getting back in.
(I know, I've been on and off like a child on crack.)

Got my Popy back first, which was awesome, then a 12back reseal, which appears the stormie never has been taken out, an ESB reseal, and an unpunched POTF!!

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 4 Sam4772k
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 5:44 pm

tundra9 wrote:
....deep pockets...
I can only speak on my own behalf, but its called beer, a horrible sense of responsibility and credit cards. Razz

I will be paying for last few months for the next few months years.

Nice stormies, man! I just have a yellowed bubble, cracked at the top ROTJ 77 back. I like it, but its far from pretty.
I have been eyeballing and resisting temptation about a certain 12 back Takara from the classifieds here. Evil people flaunting pretty things at good prices! Evil or Very Mad

cheers!

OH.... and I love and want that Mexican Bootleg Leia! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
tundra9
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
tundra9

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 5:50 pm

psybertech wrote:
Nice stormies, man! I just have a yellowed bubble, cracked at the top ROTJ 77 back. I like it, but its far from pretty.
I have been eyeballing and resisting temptation about a certain 12 back Takara from the classifieds here. Evil people flaunting pretty things at good prices!

Thanks!
Yeah, I've been drooling over the Takara one myself! Razz
Back to top Go down
Mr Ledy
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Mr Ledy

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 8:21 pm

Thanks for your comments cheers

trappedtexan
Marco
psybertech

Cristian
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 4:40 am

Thanks to eagle eyed Pat for spotting this for me cheers
Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 4 Sdc12858

Loving the pink Ewok Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Starwizz
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Starwizz

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 6:28 am

tundra9 wrote:
psybertech wrote:
I have been eyeballing and resisting temptation about a certain 12 back Takara from the classifieds here. Evil people flaunting pretty things at good prices!

Thanks!
Yeah, I've been drooling over the Takara one myself! Razz

Very Happy lol! lol! lol! it still there

Congrats to all Nice Buys for all you guys, just to much to name it all. Shocked

Last edited by Starwizz on Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 6:29 am

aussiejames wrote:

So thanks were that R5 got to Wink
Back to top Go down
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 7:23 am

aussiejames wrote:

Hey James . Fantastic R5 Cool Sorry about the noob question butwhats so special about that R5 mate? Smile

Thanks!

Liam
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 7:44 am

The small right rectangle top left on the sticker, popular variant in the US (unconfirmed) Wink

Alex - Fett is the man! and nice overstock luke head
Cejay - Nice looking collection there with all the MOC's and boxed items
Clint - Nice canadian Speeder bike
Jay - Sweet pair of leia's, the blonde ledy leia is on my WTB list
eljawa - That is one monster haul even for 3 months !!
John - Nice shipping box, and the big question empty or full?
Christian - Loving the Vader wrestler and the white ERGs
Jorn - Welcome back to vintage star wars collecting Smile
James - So much for not buying Wink

Some good news for me and my missus, a few weeks back we were both up for redundancy at work Sad but we have both been told our jobs are safe cheers

I have therefore decided to buy something special which is currently in transit. Updates soon......
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 12:12 pm

walkie wrote:

Some good news for me and my missus, a few weeks back we were both up for redundancy at work Sad but we have both been told our jobs are safe cheers
I have therefore decided to buy something special which is currently in transit. Updates soon......

Thats great news Stefan, i'm glad things worked out well for you and your missus. Very Happy I look forward to seeing what the something special is bounce
Back to top Go down
Thargoil
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thargoil

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 12:51 pm

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 4 Sdc12858[/url]

I have some figures with exactly the same pink on the legs as shown on the right one of this R5.
Figures coming from different lots and origin countries even..
I wonder if this is discoloration or a kid with magic marker. In that case it's very coincidental that i have seen at least 4 or 5 figures with this color. Any other ideas?

I'd love to own one of these unconfirmed variations, so the hunt is on! Thx for showing.

Way too much to keep commenting in this thread, awesome purchases guys!

Back to top Go down
Starwizz
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Starwizz

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 1:12 pm

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t3151-r5-d4-variants

R5-D4 can come with the upper right rectangle (his upper right - upper left if you are looking at him) unfilled (common) or filled in red (variant). It also comes with either a 1977 date stamp or a 1978 date stamp - not sure if you can get both date stamps with both stickers (I try to avoid such combinations as it would drive me mental trying to track them all down!) see pic below

1977 | 1978 | Red rectangle

post from the treath ..
Back to top Go down
bonglee23
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
bonglee23

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 2:01 pm

Hi, new to to the forum so I'd start off with some pictures of my most recent new additions.
I have started a collection of Tri Logos recently, with a few of them coming from this forum as well.
Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 4 Dsc00812
Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 4 Dsc00813

After being absent from collecting for more than a year due to budget restraints and family, this is what brought me back about half a year ago
Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 4 Dsc00814
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 2:11 pm

Bonglee - Great Stuff and welcome !!

Jorn - Nice to see you back in collecting, hope it brings good memories of your grandma

AJ - Nice R5D4

Cristian - Great Bootlegs and some colors!!

Got this in the mail, so cheezy I needed to get it

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 4 8971378754_d9a84bab2c_c

Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 2:30 pm

John: Nice Kenner box. You had any plans with it?
Nice bootleg blaster, great artwork on the card. Very Happy

Jorn: Good to see you are in the game again with some really nice Stromtroopers additions! Cheers, mate! Very Happy

James: Cool R5 variant, kudos for Pat for pointing it out to you! Very Happy

Stefan: Thanks for writing down the small review, and great news that you and Ms Walkie both can retain their jobs. cheers
Curious what you bought to celebrate this....Don't let us wait too long. bounce

BongLee: Wilkommen bei TIG! welcome
Nice Tri cards. The boxed A-Wing is a great piece, and a great start for igniting the collector's flame again. Very Happy

Cheers

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next