The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 2:16 pm

Quote :
Any plans to 'capture / convert' these to mp3 (just to share among forum)

Thought there probably would be, I'll edit mine and stik a few expletives in Very Happy
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 8:48 pm

Millenium Falcon

The Holy Grail of all Star Wars vehicles. Courtesy of my Favorite seller Snakeriverman!

More pics in my review thread.

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 3 IMG_2952_zpsd1617743

Last edited by budspencer on Wed May 29, 2013 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Darth Small
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Darth Small

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 9:21 pm

Wow! Last time I was on here was Volume 8, there has been some cool additions, congrats all.

Here are some of my recent acquisitions, sorry if it's photo heavy, I've been emailing from iPhone to work to then upload to photobucket and finally share on here. Needless to say the boss isn't in today.

photo ChiefChirpa_zps10e7ae47.jpg

photo deathSquadcommander_zpsbc2244fa.jpg

photo HanHoth_zps55c13618.jpg

photo R2D2_zps340b75d1.jpg

photo 12sandDewback_zps2e8e3fa0.jpg

photo BlueSnag12_zpsff58c96c.jpg

Ok so the 12" aren't vintage but they look cool, I've also bought more but am yet to take any pictures.
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 12:30 pm

A couple things in the mail today from Lee! Smile

Lili Ledy Jawa (missing hood, but I don't care... something to hunt for I guess Cool)
Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 3 8868091385_b2fed4009a_o

And nothing special in the way of this particular Leia Bespin, but it is COO#5 and that completes my run of the COOs for her! (and I might have either found a new COO for her or it just hasn't been added already - details here for those that care )
Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 3 8868705662_f145191b70_b
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 4:45 pm

Wow, you know it's a slow week when I get to post back to back!

Just got my first true dark haired Luke today! Came with a Palitoy ROTJ 45 cardback. (not "came off a...")
Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 3 8894609606_63db8bc298_b
Not pictured, but I also picked up one more needed Luke FB COO, leaving me with only two missing ones to go to complete phase one of my FB focus! bounce

Then I just need an orange hair, a POCH and a Glasslite (that is listed as COO10 so I might kill two birds with one stone on that one) and I think I am good to go.

cheers

Last edited by psybertech on Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 5:41 pm

Quote :
Just got my first true dark haired Luke today! Came with a Palitoy ROTJ 45 cardback.

Is it absolutely confirmed that it came from that Palitoy card do you know?
TYpically this this was unique to a kenner release, I know the PBP thread seems to have turned up this figure in Spain, but I've never heard of this from the U.K.

Would be cool to know Very Happy
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 5:50 pm

General Kahn wrote:
Quote :
Just got my first true dark haired Luke today! Came with a Palitoy ROTJ 45 cardback.

Is it absolutely confirmed that it came from that Palitoy card do you know?
TYpically this this was unique to a kenner release, I know the PBP thread seems to have turned up this figure in Spain, but I've never heard of this from the U.K.

Would be cool to know Very Happy
I can't say for sure, but the seller's listing just said 'comes with his cardback'. I just sent him a message asking if he could confirm it or not. Either way, I don't think it would be proof positive.

I am not a cardback guy, but found it neat that it has an offer on the back but no sticker or advertisement on the front like all the others I have seen. Is that a Palitoy thing to not put sitckers or alter the card front and just have the offers on the back?

Anyway... I will post up if the seller lets me know one way or another.
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 6:09 pm

Quote :
I am not a cardback guy, but found it neat that it has an offer on the back but no sticker or advertisement on the front like all the others I have seen. Is that a Palitoy thing to not put sitckers or alter the card front and just have the offers on the back?

British cards didn't play by the same rules as the U.S. Kenner cards and had slightly different offer techniques. This particular card is the Palitoy ROTJ 45 Back C, very few British cards had offers on the front in the same way that the U.S. Kenner cards had.

Don't want to shoot down your purchase, but I don't think that this figure was ever released on a Palitoy card. This doesn't in any way affect value though, it's still a nice variant to own (it would be worth alot if it was attached to the card maybe Smile )

This figure usually has the 'bubblying' to the hair paint for some reason? usually as well this figure comes with a lightsaber with a reallty flimbsy tip and more often than not seems to have a loose neck. Yours seems to have a good neck which is good Very Happy Here's mine

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 3 3d_luk10
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 7:07 pm

I know you aren't shooting down my purchase. Smile I don't care about the card but it was just a nice 'bonus' when buying.
I would have paid the same price without it for sure. (the cardback is going up for sale ASAP anyway)

But I guess I could have been clearer in my post stating it 'came with the card'. I didn't mean to imply it was 'pulled off the card'.

He is in overall good shape but I see a hairline crack starting on his right shoulder and from all the pictures I have seen of him, it seems a problem with this particular mould I guess. His head is very tight, but I think that is due to the crack not actually going all the way through yet.
I do have another one like this one, but the head has faded so bad he has a very pale face and the hair is much similar to the light brown haired ones. It shares the same blotchy patch on the back of the head issue so I think he once had the same color face and hair perhaps.
That one (the 'crappy' one) has a crack in the same spot by his right shoulder that is longer and another is on his neck so his entire upper right torso is kinda a mess (displays OK though).
I have seen a ton of pictures of this type of Luke that the majority seem to have. It is an odd figure for me that I just chalked up to a poor prior owner or something.

As for the lightsaber, mine isn't the super thin tip I have seen before and in your picture. Back to the origin of this figure, I don't know if it was swapped or shipped with it. No idea. Sad

It is cool to know that the UK didn't screw with the fronts of the cards with offers. From a nostalgia standpoint and collecting standpoint, I get why you would want the stickers on the front if they shipped that way, but I like the looks of cards without them personally.

I like him. I have wanted a true dark hair variant for a few months, but the damn pictures on eBay tend to make all brown hair lukes look either like the darker hair or orange due to bad pictures whether on purpose or not.

Oh, and by the way, I just posted this in the Luke FB FOTW thread, your COO of the dark haired Luke and mine are not the same exactly.
There is a subtle difference. Smile Not that it means anything about the UK origin, just an observation. Smile

I already updated my limelight thread (again) with him in it since I have been waiting for him for a while. cheers

Anyway... me likey lots! Laughing
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 6:59 am

Great Pickup's guys!!

Got this in today. Had no idea of the size!!!

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 3 8911373551_044a102ebe_c

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback

Last edited by DarthBerizing on Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 7:49 am

It's not very often you get a package from Mexico that you know has a Boba Fett in it, but it's actually a tiny head your excited about!

This arrived from Ozio this morning Very Happy

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 3 Sany1417

The Bespin Luke head is an 'error' LL overstock head! They painted the eyes before the hair, so the only heads you can find are unpainted, eyes only, fully painted and dark brown hair. This is an error, without the eyes painted and probably one of a kind Very Happy Cheers Ozio, the 'head' run will look amazing when it complete now!

Still looking for an eyes only and a fully painted guys if anyone has them?

Nice display stnd John, that's huge!
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 11:09 am

I LOVE this thread, sooo many beautiful and unique items to see : ) Congrats to everyone. I would comment on them all, but I'm in the middle of a move right now... Gotta run : ) GREAT stuff everyone!!!
-Steve
Back to top Go down
cejay
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
cejay

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 9:11 pm

Wow.. haven't been here for ages. Probably same time last year after the local toy fair Smile

Only a couple of things added yesterday.. I rarely buy stuff these days but chatting with collectors at the toy fair always sparks my interest in the hobby again.

ROTJ Logray MOC and B-Wing

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 3 94342510

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 3 42128810
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 9:39 am

Great pickups everyone cheers love the Micro sets and that boxed Millenium Falcon.

John the display is really cool and BIG, nice catch :clap:

Cejay, good to see you back here and congrats on your latest goodies too Cool

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 3:49 am

DarthBerizing wrote:
Great Pickup's guys!!

Got this in today. Had no idea of the size!!!

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 3 8911373551_044a102ebe_c

What a stunning acquisition! Just awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://galacticheroes.wordpress.com
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 5:09 am

DB wow i love this hangers,Wonderful piece
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 1:00 pm

I love everyone's latest additions. :clap: It makes me wish that I had a bigger budget.

Anyway, the postman just dropped my latest purchase off.

Canadian MISB Speeder Bike. I'll get some better pictures for the POTB later when I have some time.

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 3 Dsc06710
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 2:15 pm

Bud: Congrats on your boxed Millennium Falcon, Star Wars edition. And thanks for showing it in your limelight thread. Very Happy

DS: Great MOCs! That also includes the Jumbo versions of Tusken Raider, Chewie, and Blue Snaggletooth. cheers
Congrats on the boxed Dewback too (even with unbroken reins!).

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 3 8868705662_f145191b70_b

PT: Congrats on the Lili Ledy Jawa, dark hair Luke Farmboy, and the Geisha Bespin Leia variant.
You still need to hunt the rare variant below, I think. Cool

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 3 6295525016_727dd337cf_z

John: Great "Collect all 21" display stand!! Big one indeed! :clap:

General: Nice Ledy Fett and overstock Luke Bespin head. On the pic it looks like Boba is going to play soccer with the head. Very Happy

Cejay: Congrats on your Logray MOC and B-Wing. Please drop by more often and show us a bit more of your collection. Very Happy

Clint: Congrats on your boxed Canadian Speeder bike. I was planning to update the Speeder Bike's entry in the POTB thread next weekend. Seems like a good timing right now. cheers

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 2:27 pm

OK, so I am officially stopping new purchases for a few weeks or so, save what is already in the mail coming to me.
I found a few grails, nothing so fancy, OK, maybe a little fancy. :DI only have a few in the post still coming my way that I will share then, but for now, here is what the weekend and today's mail left for me.  What a Face

First up, my first baggie is a Leia Bespin ESB-C to round out my loose focus:  bounce
Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 3 8939028814_324edeaa9c_b

Next, my Lili Ledy Leia Light Brown Hair (aka Blonde)!!!!!!!!! Thank you OZIO!!!!!  bounce  bounce
Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 3 8939027768_4662545fb5_b
I will be looking for her original cape and blaster. I have the same type cape from a Chine COO, but would love to get a proper Ledy one.

And finally, my first true grail, AFA90 VC Jawa!!!!!!!!! bounce bounce  bounce
Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 3 8938409799_5ef6a09daf_oThanks to Don Henderson over at RS for this immaculate VC Jawa.  cheers

So yeah, I have been told this is it for now and I agree that I need to stop for a little bit. This.Is.Addicting.  Angry SW

I will spend the next few weeks on cataloging and documenting my loose Leias for posterity. I also hope to officially start on my main display case this weekend (finally - fingers crossed). And I definitely need to get some stuff up on eBay to start paying down these guys!!! haha
That should fill my time away from searching eBay or FS threads for a bit.

Anyway.... cheers and thanks for looking! Smile

Last edited by psybertech on Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 2:38 pm

Hey PT

Sweet Ledy Leia and VC Jawa (90!). :clap:

Sounds good to take a small break from purchases, and focus on getting nice displays. Always try to prevent your hobby from overheating. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 8:11 pm

That's a BEAUTIFUL Jawa!
I traded that Jawa to Don a couple months ago. I also had it up for sale for $450 (when it was loose) and was told it was a fake over on RS. Bahahahahahaha! That ain't no fake! Sent it to AFA. And everyone made out really well in the end.
Congrats again : ) That is as good as they come : )
-Steve
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 8:18 pm

cheers cheers cheers

Man, while I was writing (a long winded reply), Steve beat me to it!!!!!!!! cheers and thanks man!!!!
I don't know Don much more than his really stuff I have seen, (which is AWESOME TOO!) but owning one of TDA's past pieces just brings a Very Happy to my face! jawdrop

I have no idea what a first shot Luke FB or EP Luke FB would cost, but man, I would love to have one in my collection (or any first 12 for that matter!!!) (or a Leia Bespin bounce !!!!!!!!!!).

Me likey TIG. Me SW collecting home. What a Face

cheers and thanks!
drinking
Back to top Go down
eljawa
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
eljawa

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 3:29 pm

So I was away from home for three months but was buying from Ebay the whole time. Heres what I came home to. 40 carbacks, Jawa 20 back afa 75 (from Kelllerman collection), Jawa Meccano 20 back, Kellerman book, 3 Lee toy review mags, 27 loooose figs, 10 extra weapons, 100 fig stands,  (one repro cape Booo!),  Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 3 IMG_0551_zpsc5079d9eLatest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 3 IMG_0553_zps23bb1127

Last edited by eljawa on Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 3:45 pm

Wow, what a treat to come home to Smile

Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 4:04 pm

Psyber - congrats on the VC Jawa Smile

Clint - congrats on the misb Canadian Speeder Bike. The Speeder Bike is such a cool little vehicle along with a neat packaging design. Look forward to seeing your version added to the POTB cheers

Eljawa - congrats on all those goodies, wow what a nice haul to come home to Cool

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next