The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 5:54 pm

General Kahn wrote:
:clap:  That's one seriously nice Dignitary Bud!

I had seen another “Diggie” before buying the one I just received but it was not that good looking. There was no paint rub on the nose but the rest of the paint was sloppy. Not to brag but I am really happy on how this one turned out instead. I had being eyeing “Diggie” for a long time but I was not in POTF just yet and I was not finding any copies I liked. Either too expensive or damaged. This one was just right or I had no vibes in me to buy him. But that changed.

I got him from Great Britain. The seller claimed that he was a C10 and had lots of photos that I was happy with. I can say that he has almost flawless paint and his body and limbs are of the same color tone. So you can see that this figure was well taken care of. No paint rubs on the nose. So I took the plunge and it took barely a week to cross the atlantic ocean and get to me. The only downside is that I had to pay the difference between British pound and Canadian money which is a lot. Way too much. If it werent for that I would buy his other POTF items that the seller has on sale now.

Pretty freaking happy. Its rare that I can buy a figure that has at least 1 or 2 problems that usually bug me like paint rubs or paint badly applied. The only bad thing is can see about this figure is the head break off point of the mold that is a bit more pronounced than other figures but other than that I really cannot complain since this is normal for this particular figure.

I am sure “Diggie” is worth much more than I paid for…. And no I am not gonna sell him. He’s mine . mine. All mine mouah ah ah!
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 5:57 pm

jadams67 wrote:
The middle one is actually shorter.
He has no neck  Wink  This 'phenomenon' can be found on other figures ie. Leia Boushh (same CoO)
Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 40 Sdc12101
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 3:26 pm

As always, nice stuff everyone!
Nice Vader Tri-Logo! And nice Dignitary!

I feared getting some of my vehicles back would ignite another bug and it has a little.

I got a few pieces from my original Death Star Playset with most recently the trash compactor but I know I will never get all of it back.
It was my favorite set as a kid so I wanted to get another.

So I picked this up for a good price and in awesome shape!
Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 40 12308640864_4870834e0e_n
The rope swing is from my childhood which was found tucked inside my elevator shaft! cheers
Dianoga is mine too that I picked up a while ago.

Yes, original foam that I fear looking at let alone touching!  affraid 
Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 40 12308204035_347e250c07_n

So all assembled and complete:
Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 40 12308849813_6198f0cb55_c

I added repro stickers I printed to the elevator shaft and retractable bridge, but the detention level terminal stickers and tractor beam controls are all original.

My goal is to clean up my original parts and swap them out so it will be a hybrid of mine and this one.
What I could get my hands on the other day - DIRTY!
Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 40 12308663364_c1c48050eb_z

I know I have the retractable bridge holder part somewhere and the gun level and very top level pieces in the closet.
I doubt I'll find struts or the cardboard or gun, but I will be very happy with the floors and elevator shaft being mine in the end.

And what I found out to be neat is there are two molds for the trash compactor.
The pins that hold the door on were originally longer (I assume originally) and then got short.
I have three compactors and only my childhood has the long ones.
The change most like was made so the pins didn't snap when you remove the door - which I did to my long pinned one when I was cleaning mine. Sad
Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 40 12308193615_3a70696fc6

You can see on the right side the longer pins and the right pin is broke and glued back on. Fucntions fine but ticks me off to no f#$%^&ing end!

Anyway... very cool to have and looks cooler than I remember.
I might even try to track down a half-way decent original box to store it in.

And I already posted this in the Ledy thread to make sure it's legit, so real quick, here's a decent shape Ledy CCP with cardback! One of the few Ledys outside Leia that I have wanted. Love those boots and gloves!!! No accessories, but that's fine for me for now.
Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 40 12460438334_ceaf682f63_z

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 40 12460355903_f93526e387_nLatest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 40 12460886084_82453245e8_n

aussiejames wrote:
jadams67 wrote:
The middle one is actually shorter.
He has no neck  Wink  This 'phenomenon' can be found on other figures ie. Leia Boushh (same CoO)
Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 40 Sdc12101

I just noticed this on the Ledy CCP when I was taking pics:
Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 40 12459903095_e7cc6060ab_z

I don't see much, if any height difference, but it is funny that the Ledy has no neck. Looks weird now that I notice it. Smile

cheers
Very Happy

OH and no trips to my pops this weekend... I hope this weekend to find out what is in store next!

Last edited by psybertech on Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:23 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : neck-less Ledy CCP observation and pic)
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 3:34 am

Congrats on rebuilding the Death Star, it looks great. Someday, I'll add one to my collection too, I never had it as a kid.
Back to top Go down
http://galacticheroes.wordpress.com
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 5:33 am

It's not common knowledge, but I've had a very rough start to the New Year.
As a result, yesterday I received a package that contained a MIM Biker Scout with Ledy blaster & a Ledy Han Trench Coat with Ledy stand. These items have been on my wants list for a couple of years and I would like to publically thank John, AJ, Marco, Paul, James and Ozio for this very pleasant surprise. You guys rock and I value your friendship!

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 40 Dscn6734

Last edited by cantina_patron on Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 5:48 am

Wow Steve, those new additions are fantastic!
I'm really sorry to hear that you've had a rough time of it lately, and I very much hope that things are now on the mend. What a most generous offer from everyone involved, TIG really is  the home of Gentlemen  bow :clap: :clap:

Last edited by chris.75 on Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 5:52 am

Thank you Chris!
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 9:14 am

Steve, I hope things improve for you soon, whatever they may be. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 9:39 am

cantina_patron wrote:
It's not common knowledge, but I've had a very rough start to the New Year.

Steve, Sorry to hear about your rough start to 2014. Hopefully things are on the mend, or will be soon.

Well done to those involved in organising your surprise parcel.  :clap: 
Back to top Go down
Jedi Blueberry
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Jedi Blueberry

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 9:44 am

Great guys you have around you Steve  :clap: 

Nice to read such nice suprises!

Hope 2014 will get better and better!
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 10:40 am

Thanks for the well wishes guys.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 2:29 pm

Steve, I too did not know things had been a bit rough mate, I hope hope things sort out and you have a great remainder of 2014, you are a Top bloke  cheers
Really nice to see what the guys did  cheers :clap:

Oh, and great pick ups everyone  cheers 
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 2:45 pm

Thank you Andy!  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
chiktabba
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
chiktabba

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 5:51 am

nice aquisition everyone! I really like this thread  Wink 

just a little post to share new arrival, mostly from spain, thanks javispain and solance4ever  cheers 

poch bespin guard, poch Luke pilot (got 3 poch now with my lando  Very Happy ), pbp ccp and yoda, blue saber for my molded luke snap cap  Laughing  , madine painted face hk on boots and chewe lfl from NY. (I see plenty of chewe lfl from various country those days, except from france, so I think wolff theory that this fig might be meccano exclusive is difficult to confirm)

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 40 Img_6010

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 40 Img_6011

mod edit - this thread continues here: Your Latest Vintage Pirchases Volume 10
Back to top Go down
http://www.collection-starwars.com/collection-chiktabba
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 40 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40