The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 1:37 pm

Slowly adding.... starting to get more ESB figures. This 47 back Greedo is in decent shape. The card is solid, aside from some jackoff that tried to tear off the sticker and took a 1/2 inch piece of the card with it.

The bubble is crystal clear but has a slight pinch on the upper right.

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 Greedo10

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 Greedo11

Oh, I also got my girls this: Smile

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 Oz10

1988, 50th Anniversary set. (They love The Wizard of Oz)
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfaaf.net
chiktabba
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
chiktabba

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 3:33 am

very nice greedo card, and lovely wisard of oz figure. when were they produce?
Back to top Go down
http://www.collection-starwars.com/collection-chiktabba
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 12:18 pm

chiktabba wrote:
very nice greedo card, and lovely wisard of oz figure. when were they produce?

They are the 50th Anniv. figures, produced in 1988 by Muli Toys. Most are in C7+ shape, one has a pinched bubble and one has a warped card. My girls don't care, they just like to look at them. Unfortunately, Star Cases aren't tall enough for the MOCs.
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 12:28 pm

Great recent pickups everyone!
Ryan, you know I am a sucker for Leia Bespin! Glad your daughter likes her! Smile

SO I have a few neat pickups, nothing exotic like I was hoping (I chased that POCH 37/41 Leia Bespin cardback on eBay and fell considerably short of its sale Sad ).

First, a cheap Ledy beater off ebay. ($8.55!) I couldn't resist!  geek 

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 12120495563_ed85ce305c_cLatest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 12120608194_b734cb6590_c

Next, factory error COO#2 Turtle Neck unpainted hands and necklace.
What is odd and I cannot explain is the head does not belong with the body. The head is from a COO#3 family. unsure 
Head swap of end of life mix up of overstock?

I might rip her head off if it bothers me too much. tongue

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 12120864536_35233a9512_c
Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 12120202705_3763031633_c

And finally, a COO#2 Crew neck - unpainted eyes! Smile

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 12120484963_89b4e33bbf_c

I have checked and looked and they both appear legit (never painted versus paint removed)

Anyway.... cool error pieces to add to my stuff.

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 5:35 pm

Sorry for the back-to-back posts, but........
 bounce :buzzing:   bounce :buzzing:   bounce :buzzing:   bounce :buzzing:   bounce :buzzing:   bounce :buzzing:   bounce :buzzing:   bounce :buzzing:   bounce :buzzing:   bounce :buzzing: 

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 12136693563_f65936fc5f_b

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 12136832874_2645710d9b_b

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 12136692673_e09f24a0c0_b

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 12136829744_9fedc45281_b

Why am I so happy and excited???

A tad over 1 year ago, my father brought by a small bit of old Star Wars figures from my childhood he found in the attic at, what was at the time, my grandparents house. I didn't go there too often, but I did have some figures there and they were barely played with. When he brought them over with a few other bits, my interest in the hobby was ignited and this past year has been fun as hell. cheers Smile

So... I got a call from my pops a few days ago that he found more in the basement!!!!!
Not much, he just said a "few things" and that if I came by this weekend, I would get one and only one and to get the rest, each time I stopped by I would get another. Smile Its his way of saying I don't stop by enough Sad.

He didn't want to tell me what he found, but I did pry out of him what my treat for today would be and he said it was Luke's ship (hence my WTB Luke X-Wing pilot bump). hehe

I don't know what else there is other than this was the best piece he found and I am over the moon about it!!!

The electronics work (thanks to Bud for his thread here on getting to the motor to jump start it), the canopy is pretty clear and overall, not too much yellowing at all.

It was found in a box, inside a garbage bag behind 25+ years of junk (well, I assume junk haha).

I can't wait to see what else was there - I have a feeling there are only 2 or 3 more tops, but it doesn't matter what he found, I am just happy to have a little more of my stuff back!

QUESTION:

Is there a way to tell what release this X-Wing is? ANH? ESB? ROTJ?
For what it is worth, the figures found last year only went up to the ESB line (32 back stuff) but I don't know if that means anything.

Anyway.. so happy! Very weird and man, after watching Plastic Galaxy, all I can say is one of my childhood X-Wings is in much better condition than that one dudes! Razz
It wouldn't matter if it was worse of course!

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 6:00 pm

psybertech wrote:

QUESTION:

Is there a way to tell what release this X-Wing is? ANH? ESB? ROTJ?
For what it is worth, the figures found last year only went up to the ESB line (32 back stuff) but I don't know if that means anything.

Congrats on the X-Wing  Cool  Yours can be SW and ESB.
The white electronic versions appeared in both SW and early ESB boxes before switching to battle-damage sticker versions and the grey plastic versions.  
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4137-potb-project-outside-the-box-your-one-stop-place-for-star-wars-vehicles-playsets-rigs-creatures-etc#X-Wing
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 12:24 am

Jay, Great that you have been reunited with your childhood X-Wing. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 1:09 am

I wish I had my old X-Wing!
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 6:50 am

Some fantastic pick ups guys, gotta get me a TT Vader at some point  Very Happy 
Really nice looking mocs Ryan and some great looking Meccano cardbacks Nicholas.
Jay, some very interesting factory error leia's for your focus. That x wing looks in great condition mate, congrats on being reunited with it after all these years. I'm interested to see what else your dad's got saved for you  bounce 

It's been a while since i posted any recent purchases, so I thought it was about time. these have all been acquired over the last few months:

A Polish unart and ESB-H baggie.
Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 <a href=Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 DSCF68333_zpse618d9ff" />

This is an interesting variant, it appears to be a mixed up Ledy overstock figure, with a kenner head. The coo is IV.1a and the limbs and torso are ledy, with Ledy accessories, but a kenner head sculpt?

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 <a href=Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 CooVI1a_zps0f582a4e" />

comparison head shot IV.1a on the left, Ledy on the right
Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 <a href=Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 CooVI1aheadcomparrison_zps19a144b5" />

A 12" inch vader
Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 <a href=Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 12inch_zps5f39a82e" />

A Glasslite second coo variant, the same one as featured in Stef's Glasslite discussion thread
Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 <a href=Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 GL1_zps5b925160" />

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 <a href=Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 DSCF6845_zps8eea54f3" />

A light blue PBP/Euro Fett (double scar coo) and PBP/Euro Snowy
Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 <a href=Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 DSCF6828_zpsa8cb7cc1" />

A Poch Vader
Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 <a href=Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 PochVader360_zps1965f513" />

And finally a VI.2c PBP/Euro Vader with the blobbed out coo, "H" remaining.

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 <a href=Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 CooVI2c_zps3b347c4e" />

edit: oops forgot this MIM 77 back Moc

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 <a href=Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 MIMMOC_zps55004a47" />

Massive thanks to Stef, Kenneth, James and Paul (Kisstour03) for helping to give my Vader focus a big boost this year  Very Happy  :clap:

Last edited by chris.75 on Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
curch
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
curch

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 7:15 am

WOW fantastic!
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 9:58 am

Catching up with your latest acquired stuff over the past three weeks.... study 

Joe (Curch): Sweet Walrusman on ESB MOC with Jawa gun!  Very Happy 
BTW: Your MOC collection looks very tidy in those new Star Cases.

Ryan: Congrats on the Trilogo Han Trenchcoat.  Very Happy 
About the broken blaster: Maybe the gun was broken off wrongly from the sprue, causing it to have a very weak spot down the barrel?
Nice 31B Leia Bespin and 47 Greedo too!  Very Happy 
Wow, Wizard of Oz MOCs. Never seen these before.  Cool stuff. 

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 Oz10

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 UId46J87yqtpj77jJpODm8Tzo1_500
Source: http://agentmlovestacos.com/post/159250691/oz-wars-a-star-wars-wizard-of-oz-mashup

Tommy: Nice Han Bespin Trilogo MOC.  Very Happy 

Eljawa: Nice Canadian cardbacks. The Lobot transitional card MOC is a real gem, congrats!  Very Happy 

AF: Hungarian pignose Yoda...That's a very nice pick up.  cheers 

Bonglee: Great German poster, never seen it before. Thanks for sharing. Very Happy
Hope you manage to get the other two versions. How do these look like?  

Steve: A engineering pilot C-3PO. Fantastic addition to your focus prototype collection.  Well done.  :clap: 
Good luck hunting the remaining four: Vader, Solo, Stormtrooper and Jawa.
Maybe you will have some luck like that guy on RS who found a few Cantina Alien First shots in the wild.

Stef: Great bunch of COO variants.  Great pictures too. cheers
Love that POCH LXW!  Very Happy 

Chopper: Nice Top Toys Logray!  Very Happy 
That must have been fun going through your collection with a fellow collector. Only 15 spares in a collection of 500+ figures, nice!

Jimmy: Congrats picking up a TopToys Stormi and Chief Chirpa!  Very Happy 

PrimeTimeJedi: Congrats picking up a haul of nice vintage stuff.  Very Happy 
If you like show us some pics next time, so we can enjoy them as much as you do.

Nicolas: Nice Meccano cardbacks!  cheers 

Jay: Congrats on the factory error Leia Bespin figures for your focus collection. Very Happy
Here is a picture which you might like, from a cool blog, featuring more vintage Leias.

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 Leia+ESB+Bespin3
Source: http://xmfinevintage.blogspot.nl/2012_08_01_archive.html

Chris: Fantastic additions of loose Vader figures to your focus collection!  :clap: 
POCH, PBP (with blopped out COO), MIM Vader....YEAH!!!

Interesting mixed up Ledy figure.
Can you post this in the Ledy thread as well? Maybe we get some more input then.

Guys, thank you for sharing all your newest stuff.

Cheers
Marco
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 10:09 am

Dr Dengar wrote:

Hmmm,  unsure I will never ask where he came from as I'm pretty sure anyway Wink. He also once belonged to wolff by the look of it as I spotted him in his POCH guide (bottom image right figure & bottom image middle back).

http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/poch-variants/luke-pilot/

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 Peter_sellers_inspector_clouseau_pi3

Last edited by walkie on Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 10:16 am

Dr Dengar wrote:

Chris: Fantastic additions of loose Vader figures to your focus collection!  :clap: 

Can you post this in the Ledy thread as well? Maybe we get some more input then.

Cheers
Marco

Yeah sure Marco, will do  Smile .
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 10:20 am

walkie wrote:
Dr Dengar wrote:

Hmmm,  unsure I will never ask where he came from as I'm pretty sure anyway Wink. He also once belonged to wolff but the look of it as I spotted him in his POCH guide (bottom image right figure & bottom image middle back).

http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/poch-variants/luke-pilot/

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 Peter_sellers_inspector_clouseau_pi3

Clever observation, Clouseau.  Cool 

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 Pf-290x217
Source: http://www.movieramblings.com/category/features/page/11/
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 10:22 am

chris.75 wrote:
Dr Dengar wrote:

Cheers
Marco

Yeah sure Marco, will do  Smile .

Thanks, Chris!  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 3:23 pm

I really love seeing the focus collectors. Hopefully at some point I can get away from just collecting random MOCs to focus on one or two figures. Of course, I'd pick the most expensive ones Smile

Just got this guy in today, the AT-ST driver card and bubble are in extremely nice condition, especially for a ROTJ card.

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 At-st10
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 10:20 pm

this is my newest addition I just need to get the instruction booklet which I can get on ebay it's a 1983 Darth Vader speaker phone this is the first time I seen one it's very cool looking I found it at my friends store.
Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 65eb7699-bbaf-4700-bcb7-d4e88b0cc652_zps79124f5d
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 5:19 pm

I'm really enjoying seeing all of your latest purchases guys. Keep up the good work!  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 8:36 am

Another really nice moc Ryan, looks to be in great shape, you must have quite a few now  Very Happy 
what can I say Larry, a man after my own heart, very cool looking vintage Vader speaker phone mate. The box looks in great shape too  Very Happy 

This just arrived in the post, which i'm quite happy with:

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 DSCF6927_zps0d3479cc

Its got a few lines running down the left side, but no splits anywhere. The lines running down the left side kind of look like roller marks, perhaps caused during the packaging process?
Back to top Go down
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 1:59 pm

Chris, Vader will be one of my focus' someday (w/Fett and Leia). Probably the most expensive ones Smile

Got these guys in today... Now have no room to display all my MOCs now, going to have to have something built. A total of 32 and still more coming!

Nice shape, has a scuff where the guy took off the sticker (UGH!), a rough corner and the gun came loose and is in front of him. Bubble is really crisp. 32 back!!!!

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 1794692_10202377402089741_2065939030_n

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 1623734_10202377402289746_1497732383_n

I've always like Zuckuss, so I got this one. CHEAP, mainly due to the damage to the card with the POP being removed. I still like'em.... so for the price (under $30), I had to grab'em.

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 1558595_10202377402329747_95987651_n

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 7764_10202377402529752_224339938_n
Back to top Go down
bonglee23
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
bonglee23

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 5:05 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:

Bonglee: Great German poster, never seen it before. Thanks for sharing. Very Happy
Hope you manage to get the other two versions. How do these look like?  

The other posters look basically the same, featuring identical headline clippings and each film's German logo.
Quite difficult to get, even here in Germany. I know one guy who even has at least one rolled, but he won't part with it for now. ;-)
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 5:07 pm

A couple of parcels arrived today  Very Happy 

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 Sany1913

A couple of Stormtroopers from Jay  cheers  and a couple of unexpected bonuses as well, the deck of cards and the LL stands  cheers  Cheers Jay!
Also a lovely short V Power Droid, big thanks to James for helping me with this one  :clap: 

I also got a few cardbacks for he Luke focus  Very Happy 

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 Sany1914

Palitoy 45 Back Ai, Candian 31 Back B and a Kenner 41 D

The Canadian Card was a totally unexpected gift from Jay, awesome chief, just awesome! can't thanks you enougth  :clap:
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 5:12 pm

Bloody hell Alex are you army building or are they all unique coo's?

Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 5:20 pm

A Few COO variants Stef, not all, some are the same  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 5:27 pm

Well congrats as they look very nice! I'm currently reworking my WTB and it's scary how much COOs I'm missing from the first 12, I suppose it seems only right as they were in production the longest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 38 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next