The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 12:05 pm

The_Dark_Artist wrote:
I agree. So many Blue Snags are touched up, especially on the boots. I think yours is great, just as is : )

Im with you TDA, couldnt agree more.
Back to top Go down
chipsteak
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
chipsteak

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 1:47 pm

I go either way with the subject. I regarded him as a variant. Now I have one, he's a figure. Smile

This one has a good head of hair (!) and a clear lightning bolt. The bits of wear elsewhere make me think he isn't touched up. I bought him from a poorly photographed/described auction so I got slightly better than I was expecting. He's now sitting inside an old SW Collectors Case alongside the first 21.
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 4:04 pm

Nice! I love Blue Snags! It took me a little bit, but I absolutely believe he should be counted as his own figure, not just a variant. He is such an iconic figure for the line! Congrats!

After almost a month of waiting, I finally got a package in from Brasil today with this nice Glasslite Luke Farmboy!
He is in really nice shape, but not perfect including some factory paint blobs.
But I do love his saber! It is thicker, harder and longer than any other. lmfao.. Shocked 
All kidding aside, it is very, very unique. Razz

Here he is:
Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 12 9214931405_cc24bc6eeb_o
Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 12 9214930693_421d78b2e9_o

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 4:39 pm

Jay, Congrats on landing your lastest Luke has it seriously been a month since winning it?, how time fly's.
Back to top Go down
chipsteak
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
chipsteak

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 5:50 pm

Does he have a bit more girth in the legs too?

I said 'girth'.  Embarassed
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 5:54 pm

chipsteak wrote:
Does he have a bit more girth in the legs too?

I said 'girth'.  Embarassed
hahaha... no... but I had to laugh a bit more after I posted when I realized where the paint blobs were! Razz
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
Dax
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Dax

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 9:17 pm

Well if you're gonna swing a lightsaber of that thickness, you need to have a sturdy base from which to do so!

Nice additions guys, loving the variety of items on show here!
Back to top Go down
Dax
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Dax

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 10:01 pm

Time for my own update for new acquisitions!

Both of these items have a strong bond with my childhood where I fondly recall slurping my way through numerous icy-poles on a hot Summer's day.

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 12 PaulsPopsicle_zps251dd8d2

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 12 PaulsJediJelly_zps0b41d97b

These are unused vintage Icy-pole wrappers produced by Pauls here in Australia and both featured mail away offers from Toltoys. There were four different Popsicle wrappers available, Orange - Chewbacca, Raspberry - Han, Lemonade - Luke, Pineapple - Leia. The Jedi Jelly only had the one version with Vader on it as far as I'm aware. I'm still a little uncertain about some of the details of the company though as I know that these Icy-poles and offers were available Australia wide but in some states it was Pauls that sold them, in others it was Peters.

It appears that Pauls was available in Queensland and Peters was established in Sydney, manufactured Ice cream in Melbourne, was eventually bought by a company in Adelaide in the late 80's and remained as Peters in Western Australia after the company was purchased by Nestle until 2009. Peters also sold ice cream to Japan under the Lady Borden name and in New Zealand it was known as Tip Top Ice Cream. Peters is now owned by Pacific Equity Partners as of last year.

So based on this info it seems that Peters had most of the country while Pauls had Queensland, although details in the wrapper for the promotion indicates that the offer "excludes employees and their families of Australian United Foods, and Peters Ice Cream (W.A)". Any other Aussies out there have any extra info to add to this? So despite two separate companies selling the Icy-Poles they were effectively the same and had the same offer available.

The Popsicle offer was for an Admiral Ackbar figure which did not feature as a mail away offer on the figure cards here in Australia. The offer expired 30 Apr 1984. This detail helped fill in a blank for me as I knew there were a number of Ackbar mail away boxes floating around here but I never knew where they came from. Chances are they were from this offer although I have yet to see any Ackbar box with specific Toltoys details on it (I believe they are all blank and were possible mailed out in an envelope).

The Jedi Jelly offer was a little more complex with 2000 unnamed action figures available as an Instant Win. There was also a Second Chance draw which each week was 100 double passes to see ROTJ or 100 action figures, plus at the end of the promotion all Second Chance offers were entered into a major draw where the prize was 5 sets of 48 action figures plus 10 vehicles (each set valued at approx. $500 so if the figures were valued at $4 that leaves almost $300 of vehicles, so we're definitely not talking mini-rigs here!). There were also 100 Thermos Darth Vader Lunch Boxes to be given away. The offer commenced 25 November 1983 and expired 10 Feb 1984 with the major prize draw occurred on 1 Mar 1984.

I have no idea what the figure was for this promotion and initial thought it might have been the Emperor but would seem unusual that the Emperor would be available as a mail away before the Ackbar figure. The timing also doesn't make sense when you consider that the US offer for the Emperor expired on 15 Apr 1984 and given the standard delay in receiving items in Australia there's just no way we would have received the figure before the US. More likely we would have it about 6 months after. I've had one collector suggest it might have been left over Ackbar figures which is quite plausible, or it might have just been a random assortment of carded figures although I think that's less likely.

Unfortunately I never won anything for either promotion and neither did any of my friends at the time so I can't offer any extra info but I would welcome any personal insight from fellow Aussies Smile

Oh, and here's a POS display for the Jedi Jelly Icy-Poles.
Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 12 ROTJIceCreamPromo_zpsb457c71e
As you can see this one has the Peters logo on it instead of the Pauls logo and it is printed on thick card with an in-built stand for counter display.

I hope you enjoy seeing these items as well as reading some of the details to go with them.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 10:19 pm

"5 sets of 48 action figures plus 10 vehicles" wow what a prize(s)
Back to top Go down
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
M4K3R1

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 3:03 am

Excellent new additions Dax, and thanks for the great write up.
Learned something new today.
I wondered where the ackbar offers came from?.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 5:13 am

Congrats everyone on some amazing vintage goodies bow 

Dax wrote:

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 12 PaulsPopsicle_zps251dd8d2

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 12 PaulsJediJelly_zps0b41d97b

Dax - congrats on your Ice-Poles wrappers, great pics and a nicely written piece to accompany them too. The prizes they offered were way generous!!
I Wonder if any Aus magazines/comics at the time ran adverts to promote it too?

if you like, can you copy paste the pics & info into this thread: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4891-tig-world-of-odd-food-items-premiums

would be great to have that info for our oddball section Cool 

Cheers, Paul.
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 4:43 am

I found this in a box of beaters at a car boot sale yesterday & I got enough change from a fiver to pay for a celebratory beer!

[img]Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 12 Dscn6318[/img]
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 4:59 am

Nice score Si! Great condition for a Tri-Logo as well, I won a lot at a local auction a couple of years ago and that had a mint painted dart Tri Fett with limbs so tight you couldn't hardly move them, I got 50+ figures (most mint) and about 10 vehicle & mini rigs for 70 quid, I sold the excess and got 100 quid! So I know how good your feeling right now, I was smiling for a month! Great find chief!

cheers
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 5:22 am

Thanks Alex!

You got a serious bargain at that auction. When I attend auctions the vintage SW stuff usually sells for more than market value, and then there's the 15% buyers premium to add on.
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 8:41 am

My local auction doesn't advertise to well and there's not many local collectors I don't think. A few years earlier my Dad took me down to the auction to view some Star Wars stuff, but I had no money so I never went to the auction as it would have just upset me. In it there was a pretty much complete set of boxed/carded modern POTF 2 stuff and piles of vintage stuff including several carded figures including Ewoks canadian figures, a display cabinet with the entire last 17 in it and loads of vehicles including a mint white tie fighter and a complete Imperial Shuttle. Turns out it was a bailiff job for a bankrupt local collector. I found out a few years later from a buddy who has a collectors shop who also missed out on it because it wasn't advertsied that the whole lot sold for 80 quid SadSadSad

Still pains me to this day when I think about that.
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 9:35 am

£80.00!!! :opps:
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 10:02 am

Guys I'm still jealous of these tri-logo fetts, I'm still trying to find a painted dart one for myself.
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 10:13 am

Wow! That Fett is in GREAT condition : ) Congrats buddy :clap: 
Back to top Go down
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 10:27 am

General Kahn wrote:
My local auction doesn't advertise to well and there's not many local collectors I don't think. A few years earlier my Dad took me down to the auction to view some Star Wars stuff, but I had no money so I never went to the auction as it would have just upset me. In it there was a pretty much complete set of boxed/carded modern POTF 2 stuff and piles of vintage stuff including several carded figures including Ewoks canadian figures, a display cabinet with the entire last 17 in it and loads of vehicles including a mint white tie fighter and a complete Imperial Shuttle. Turns out it was a bailiff job for a bankrupt local collector. I found out a few years later from a buddy who has a collectors shop who also missed out on it because it wasn't advertsied that the whole lot sold for 80 quid SadSadSad

Still pains me to this day when I think about that.

WOW All that for 80 Quid Gutted for you Alex Sad 
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 10:33 am

Can we stop talking about it now please, the pain is returning Mad 

Shame as well Stefan, the painted dart Fett I got from that auction I already had it served as an upgrade, so I sold the other which was also in pretty damn good condition, if only I'd known!
:I am stupid:
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 10:36 am

I wish I'd never mentioned it now, I'm going to find a corner to sulk!
;(
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 10:38 am

walkie wrote:
I wish I'd never mentioned it now, I'm going to find a corner to sulk!
;(

Find your own corner, I'm sulking in this one Wink 
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 11:34 am

The_Dark_Artist wrote:
Wow! That Fett is in GREAT condition : ) Congrats buddy :clap: 

Thanks Steve!
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 5:06 am

Finally both halves of my birthday present arrived...

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 12 Le95HOD

Glasslite Droids R2-D2 / Kenner POTF R2-D2 (Upgrade)

Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 5:29 am

Congrats on the Fett, Steve cheers 

the force is strong with your bargain pickups lately yoda 

Stefan - congrats on the R2s, awesome bday pressies!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9   Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9 - Page 12 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Latest Vintage Acquisitions- Volume 9

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next