The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
dcarty
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
dcarty

Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures.   Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 3:31 pm

Gentle Giant posted an update on Facebook and it looks like the Rocket Firing Fett edition size has topped out at 5500!
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures.   Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 6:03 pm

Question to anyone that has any of these....

Do you open them for display and fun?
Or do you keep them sealed to help retain more value?

I am curious since I have Vader, Luke and the rocket firing Fett and will have Yoda, but they are too damn big to display in the packaging.
I want to open them since I think I can display them better that way, however, I am a little reluctant just because I don't want to look back in another 10-20 years and see these things going for obscene amounts still factory sealed and nine go for jack cause I took them out. It shouldn't matter, but I guess it does and that is why I am asking what and how you 'collect' these monsters.

cheers!

Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures.   Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 1:38 am

I'll make it easy on you, the packages aren't sealed, you can simply pull the plastic layers apart and pop the figure out for display. No damage! I have the Vader and was able to open him to really get a close look, pretty cool.

cheers
Back to top Go down
http://galacticheroes.wordpress.com
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures.   Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 4:05 pm

This is one for Josh. cheers

Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures. - Page 3 GG80336

http://www.andrewstoyz.com/dengar-jumbo-vintage-kenner-figure.aspx

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Mynock
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
Mynock

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' figures, Your thoughts?   Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 10:22 am

I have the rocket firing Boba Fett and man when I received it I was blown away at how big the card backs are. The GG 12" figures are cool, but you will need a lot of room if you plan on collecting a lot of them.
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures.   Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 1:09 pm

Bit pricey for me really, but when they do Bespin Luke I will have to have one for my display, when I finally do my display!
Back to top Go down
Jetson
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Jetson

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures.   Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 8:54 am

General Kahn wrote:
Bit pricey for me really, but when they do Bespin Luke I will have to have one for my display, when I finally do my display!

Same here, I look forward to that version of Luke, but the Luke X-Wing is awesome as well IMO.
Back to top Go down
http://www.saratogarenter.com
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures.   Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 9:20 am

psybertech wrote:
Question to anyone that has any of these....

Do you open them for display and fun?
Or do you keep them sealed to help retain more value?

I am curious since I have Vader, Luke and the rocket firing Fett and will have Yoda, but they are too damn big to display in the packaging.
I want to open them since I think I can display them better that way, however, I am a little reluctant just because I don't want to look back in another 10-20 years and see these things going for obscene amounts still factory sealed and nine go for jack cause I took them out. It shouldn't matter, but I guess it does and that is why I am asking what and how you 'collect' these monsters.

cheers!

Hi mate, i started off leaving mine in, but i took my greedo out and it looks amazing, its my fav so far, i took my boba fett out too, and man does it look cool out of the box, ive got the clamshells in a box so if i want to put them back in later i can.

They just vtake up so much room carded, and for me ive found they look better out than in, but i do have my jawa and blue snag hanging up on the wall.

Im so excited about this line, im only interested in the aliens so im getting my fav ones.

Being a vintage purist before these came out my collection was all the one 3 3/4 inch scale, these have added a whole new dimension to my collection, they just look amazing, well done GG although the price is hurting me thats for sure lol, ive had to put off my vintage collecting to be able to afford them but imo they are well worth it.
cheers
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures.   Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 8:28 am

The jumbo Yoda. yoda

Taken from Micahc6v8's great youtube channel.

Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures.   Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 12:22 am

Dr Dengar wrote:
The jumbo Yoda. yoda

Taken from Micahc6v8's great youtube channel.

Bwahahahaha, that yoda remix of the song Lola was fantastic, mego cool, they sung it great too, Thankd Dr, i really enjoyed that mate.

The jumbo Yoda looks sweet, ive had this on pre order for months, it arrived 1 hour ago, its sitting in the box in front of me, i havnt opened it yet, but from pics ive seen he looks incredible, i was never going to miss out on this one with a release of only 1500 odd.

The brown snake version of which only 446 were released is already on sale on ebay for $300-$500, a great money spinner in anybodys books, but im not a GG member so couldnt pick it up.

Having a few of these guys behing my loose set has given my 3 3/4 inch figures a massive boost, i never thought id ever display anything modern with my vintage but these jumbos are awesome, they look like shop window displays, i just love em..
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures.   Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 7:31 am

I've yet to pull the trigger on any of these. The price just makes me an observer. I think they all look cool as hell though.
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures.   Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 8:35 am

kisstour03 wrote:
I've yet to pull the trigger on any of these. The price just makes me an observer. I think they all look cool as hell though.

I agree, i think around the $50 mark would be a fair price, they are over priced by 20-30 bucks, but they are selling like hotcakes, GG site has sold out of just about every one, some are sold out in pre-orders alone, but when you get them in hand they are one heck of a figure and man they make a statement when displayed lol, but i certainly realise they arnt for everybody.
Back to top Go down
ki4gsz
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
ki4gsz

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures.   Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 9:35 am

So reading through this, can you tell me what's on the back of the cards? Did they "reissue" the original backs or spin it for this line?

Any pics?
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures.   Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 10:35 am

ki4gsz wrote:
So reading through this, can you tell me what's on the back of the cards? Did they "reissue" the original backs or spin it for this line?

Any pics?

They are all different but none true to the kenner backs, i dont have any picks but you can find them on the net pretty easy id say, some have pics of the previous GG jumbo figures, with a few GG mini busts down the bottom, they are all different, sorry i couldnt provide the pics, cheers

I just did this and found a few, google 'gentle giant jumbo pics' you will get 100s of picks with quite a few cardbacks to check out, cheers
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures.   Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 12:35 pm

Well GG has been caught out for having totally false/deceptive Edition sizes on RS.
Very very disappointing stuff.
In the Q&A over there its all there.
A GG rep admitted thats all the edition sizes were simply made up, now they have removed all the edition sizes for jumbos off their site, if thats not an admission of guilt i dont know what is.
They have stated that all the figures are infact LIMITED EDITION lol.
Im not sure who made up the outrageous numbers that i blogged on the first page of this thread, but thats all they were just numbers designed to get collectors to think that if they didnt get in fast they would miss out.
There have been some ridiculous excusses from the GG rep on RS, and it not his fault, he is a good guy and just the messenger, but this reflects very poorly on GG who have been caught with their pants down and had to adjust their whole site accordingly, i wonder how many other lines they do it with, ive put plenty of money into these things, and this is a slap in the face for their loyal customers..
Very deceptive and false advertising on their behalf..
Back to top Go down
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures.   Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 2:21 am

Making up edition sizes is a pretty disgusting move on their part, personally it doesn't matter to me if they are "limited edition", but don't mislead buyers! Poor move indeed.
Back to top Go down
http://galacticheroes.wordpress.com
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures.   Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 9:07 am

YAKFACE has just been announced as the SDCC exclusive cheers:clap:, its on the pink POTF card with coin included, i have to say it looks incredible, this is a must get for me.

Bossk is also due for release in the next month or two, pre orders are being taken.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures.   Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 4:19 am

Gentle Giant's Jumbo Yak Face will also be released on a Trilogo cardback (and without staff) as a Celebration Europe II exclusive.

Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures. - Page 3 GGJumboYakFaceTrilogo_zpsd44c1116

For comparison, here is the POTF cardback (with staff and coin), which will be a San Diego Comic-Con 2013 exclusive.

Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures. - Page 3 GGJumboYakFacePOTF_zps20990002

Personally the Trilogo version has a bit more charm to me, because it has a link to the old days. (POTF cards were never sold in The Netherlands back then).
Actually, I am thinking about picking one up at CE2.

BTW: I am curious about the back of the Trilogo card. Will it be different than the POTF version?
I haven't found any pics on the web yet.
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures.   Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 6:29 am

Those Yak Face's do look awesome, I like the idea of the Tri-Logo version for Europe! Nice touch!

Any news on a Bespin Luke yet?
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures.   Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 7:20 am

General Kahn wrote:
Those Yak Face's do look awesome, I like the idea of the Tri-Logo version for Europe! Nice touch!

Any news on a Bespin Luke yet?

No news on a bespin luke yet, but its a cert that they will make one, just hang in there, i will say it will look awesome in your focus, once in hand they really do look incredible.

Im all over the POTF yak, i love the pink cardback, this ones going on the wall for me.

The only thing im not keen on the tri logo yak is that it comes with no staff just like the original, i think they should have slipped one in the back there if you wanted to display it loose, but theres no doubt, GG have kicked a goal with this one.
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures.   Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 7:23 am

I'm kind of hoping they do a blonde hair and brown hair Bespin Luke, I eventually want to display all my Luke's so to have my collection flanked those bad boys would just look awesome for me!
Back to top Go down
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures.   Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 8:30 am

Just ordered my Trilogo Yak for CE2 cheers 
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures.   Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 9:01 am

Good decision, Liam!

Just curious, those who collect this line, do you also go for the variants?

• Yoda: orange/brown snake
  • Gamorrean Guard: ROTJ/POTF card
  • Han Solo: Small/big head
  • Stormtrooper: SW/ESB card
  • Boba Fett: Solid/Loose Rocket
  • Yak Face: POTF/Trilogo card
  • Chewbacca: brown/green limbs Cool 
  • Others?
Back to top Go down
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures.   Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 9:34 am

I will be looking to own both Yodas and GGs Cool 
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures.   Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 9:47 am

Dr Dengar wrote:
Good decision, Liam!

Just curious, those who collect this line, do you also go for the variants?

• Yoda: orange/brown snake
  • Gamorrean Guard: ROTJ/POTF card
  • Han Solo: Small/big head
  • Stormtrooper: SW/ESB card
  • Boba Fett: Solid/Loose Rocket
  • Yak Face: POTF/Trilogo card
  • Chewbacca: brown/green limbs Cool 
  • Others?

LOL, no way, couldnt afford them, only collecting my fav aliens, the human figures hold no interest to me.
i dont think there will be a green limb chewie, but all the rest youve listed are legit.
There are plenty of guys that collect every one, but these things are huge, youd need to extend the house lol.

For me this is the best modern line from any company in history, these guys look awesome displayed, i got my first one thinking id just get a big blue snag but once in hand i had to have more:Cool Laugh: 

Have you got any Dengar?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures.   Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures. - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vintage Kenner replica GG jumbo 12'' & Life size Action figures.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next