The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Set them Free.....from there packaging?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

Set them Free.....from there packaging? Empty
PostSubject: Set them Free.....from there packaging?   Set them Free.....from there packaging? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 9:40 am

I am a collector on loose figures only, so do set them free from there packaging and display them as MINTY loose figures or trade them with someone?

Case 1 - MIM Chief Chirpa (Cut Card)

Set them Free.....from there packaging? DTEcb

Case 2 - Meccano Walrusman in Baggie (Has a rip which his head will fit through)

Set them Free.....from there packaging? XOiCT
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Set them Free.....from there packaging?   Set them Free.....from there packaging? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 10:56 am

In case of the cut card, more than 50% of the MOC is destroyed, it does not look like a MOC anymore. So what are you trying to preserve?
You can open the blister without feeling bad, unless you are U grading it.
Personally I would try to trade it with someone who collects cut cards (via a WTT thread).

In case of the baggie, less than 50% of the baggie is destoyed. Despite the hole we are still looking at a figure in a sealed baggie.
In this case it would be a NO GO for me to make the hole in the baggie even bigger to let the figure out. Also here, try to trade.

Just my 5 cts

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Set them Free.....from there packaging?   Set them Free.....from there packaging? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 11:07 am

Thank you for your honest opinion, I just hate seeing vintage things been destroyed whatever there value.
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Set them Free.....from there packaging?   Set them Free.....from there packaging? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 12:12 pm

I would also be inclined to trade them. There is only a finite amount of sealed vintage figures out there, and with the recent trend in U grading, this number has been depleated even more. Although not perfect, I'm sure that somebody would appreciate them more in there current condition, than a loose example.
Having said that, they are your figures, and at the end of he day it's your choice what you do with them.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Set them Free.....from there packaging?   Set them Free.....from there packaging? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 12:32 pm

Thanks again, i will list them for trade over the weekend. If there's no takers by the new year, then MINT loose one's it is.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Set them Free.....from there packaging?   Set them Free.....from there packaging? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 8:42 am

The baggie has been traded Smile
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Set them Free.....from there packaging?   Set them Free.....from there packaging? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 8:49 am

I say don't open the cut card. It is still an unopened figure and people do collect them that way.

If you don't get any takers I'll buy it from you and you can get a nice loose mint example.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Set them Free.....from there packaging?   Set them Free.....from there packaging? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 10:32 am

@DarthBerizing...sounds like a plan, as long as my loose one is MINT Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Set them Free.....from there packaging?   Set them Free.....from there packaging? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Set them Free.....from there packaging?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1