The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Packaging variations

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ki4gsz
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
ki4gsz

Packaging variations Empty
PostSubject: Packaging variations   Packaging variations I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 4:46 pm

I was reading over

http://www.rebelscum.com/POTF2mmcsnow.asp

and saw:

Packaging Variations:

How would I know which is which & where would I find it on the card? Was there a "standard" place this would be?

And would it just be (typically) the packaging only, or would there be a difference to the figure also?
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Packaging variations   Packaging variations I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 4:56 pm

This is only a reference for modern Star wars and not vintage Star Wars, it was used on the Power Of The Force II releases from 1996-1999 and it's simply means that there was a change. The first cards ha 00. if there was any degree of change made to the card (name, photo etc.) it was changed to 01. to highlight that fact.

This topic would be better off being moved into one of the other non-vintage threads Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ki4gsz
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
ki4gsz

PostSubject: Re: Packaging variations   Packaging variations I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 4:59 pm

General Kahn wrote:
This is only a reference for modern Star wars and not vintage Star Wars, it was used on the Power Of The Force II releases from 1996-1999 and it's simply means that there was a change. The first cards ha 00. if there was any degree of change made to the card (name, photo etc.) it was changed to 01. to highlight that fact.

This topic would be better off being moved into one of the other non-vintage threads Very Happy

Ah! OK, that helps. Sorry for posting in the wrong section. But where is the non-vintage section? (I don't see it listed)
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Packaging variations   Packaging variations I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 5:28 pm

Here you go: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t2023-ot-your-latest-modern-star-wars-purchases?highlight=latest+modern+purchases

As Alex has stated the .00 .01 .02 etc. relates to changes in the packaging/figure of the POTF2 line (orange card with/without foil sticker, green cards). At one point .00 cards were selling for a premium as they were the first issue. These days you can pick up most POTF2 moc's very cheaply.
The .00 etc. is located at the end of the serial number on the back of US cards.
Back to top Go down
Mike_Z
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Mike_Z

PostSubject: Re: Packaging variations   Packaging variations I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 8:08 pm

POTF 2.... Sleep

I still own too much of that garbage all binned away in the storage basement. I was 10 years old in 1995... by the time I turned 16 I sold all of my vintage and kept only the POTF 2 collection. I still can't understand my rational behind that decision, other than the connection I must have had with POTF 2 being my only in-store retail experience.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Packaging variations   Packaging variations I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Packaging variations

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1