The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Discovery! Vintage german (?) bootleg.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

New Discovery! Vintage german (?) bootleg. Empty
PostSubject: New Discovery! Vintage german (?) bootleg.   New Discovery! Vintage german (?) bootleg. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 3:17 pm

Hi folks,

It still amazes me that even after such a long time still discoveries can be made. I was on a german toy market today and spotted two strange looking figures. I thought long about buying them, but one of them looked familiar. I had to think very long about, before I got a slight impression what this could be. But I bought them mainly because I just found they look gorgeous.

At home I immediately contacted Michael Vogt, the guy that I know is linked to those memories I had (and a bootleg expert anyway). He confirmed what I was already thinking.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, here is the article on theswca archive:
http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=58298

New Discovery! Vintage german (?) bootleg. C3_chewie

Both figures are now in possesion of JoeY (as far as I know). Michael Vogt also wrote sth about them here:
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4241-bootlegs-from-around-the-world

Both figures were till today the only ones known to the community (as far as this can be said).

Now finally I present you what I have found today: A second C-3PO and....*drum roll* a Stormtrooper! Shocked

So seriously, this Stormtrooper is the first known officially! Sadly very less is known about those in general. I can only agree with what was said already: They are cheap (thin and cheap plastic), they seem to be originated in Germany and they could be give aways on lottery stands.
The question is: Why so less of them are known. My answer is (could be) that they were made so cheap that the plastic is thin...veeeeeeery thin in some parts (see pictures below from C-3PO). Its thinner in some parts then paper and of course it's very fragil in those areas. IMO those probably were all so brittle in some parts that nearly all broke and went to the trash.

Enough with the talking.....enjoy the pictures! Very Happy Welcome the Stromtrooper! Cool

New Discovery! Vintage german (?) bootleg. Germanbootleg01
New Discovery! Vintage german (?) bootleg. Germanbootleg02
New Discovery! Vintage german (?) bootleg. Germanbootleg03

Regards

Wolff

PS: Please excuse my spelling today...Im very tired and very excited! Wink

Last edited by wbobafett on Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
crealkilla
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
crealkilla

PostSubject: Re: New Discovery! Vintage german (?) bootleg.   New Discovery! Vintage german (?) bootleg. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 3:49 pm

Awesome score Wolff. The stormie looks so cool and pristine after all this years.
Never seen it after you mentioned it. Something new I learnt today.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: New Discovery! Vintage german (?) bootleg.   New Discovery! Vintage german (?) bootleg. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 4:45 am

No wonder you are thrilled.

AMAZING discovery, dr Wolff!!! indy

New Discovery! Vintage german (?) bootleg. IndyDM_468x331
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: New Discovery! Vintage german (?) bootleg.   New Discovery! Vintage german (?) bootleg. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 4:48 am

It's limbs do not move therefore it doesn't fit into your collecting criteria. You should send them to me Razz
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: New Discovery! Vintage german (?) bootleg.   New Discovery! Vintage german (?) bootleg. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 4:53 am

Great discoveries Wolff!, and a Stormtrooper too cheers Cool Cool
Can see what you mean about the fragile plastic on the C3PO! Your theory of its scarcity seems viable.
Well, maybe now there are these new discoveries the photos of them will jog some more memories and we can get more info! Maybe some other people will remember seeing this cool new Stormie!!
Big + earned, thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: New Discovery! Vintage german (?) bootleg.   New Discovery! Vintage german (?) bootleg. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 5:01 am

Thanks guys....still thought it was a dream today morning and had to check if they are real immediately. You can see on my "slightly" confusing writing that I was thrilled to the maximum...LOL

And AJ: You are correct, but these are 8"....soooooo....Another focus was born with new criteria Razz Razz Razz Razz

Cant wait to hear JoeY's thoughts on those!!!!

Cheers

Wolff
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: New Discovery! Vintage german (?) bootleg.   New Discovery! Vintage german (?) bootleg. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 9:40 am

Very cool Wolff. The Trooper reminds me of a character from a movie i can't remember and the 3PO looks very steam punk. Nice picks ups.
Back to top Go down
emperorburns
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
emperorburns

PostSubject: Re: New Discovery! Vintage german (?) bootleg.   New Discovery! Vintage german (?) bootleg. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 4:14 am

cheers amazing find wolff :Drool: its awsome to know things can still be found like this :clap: thanks for sharing the pics

daren
Back to top Go down
Jaybird
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Jaybird

PostSubject: Re: New Discovery! Vintage german (?) bootleg.   New Discovery! Vintage german (?) bootleg. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 10:28 am

Great Find Wolff, Hopefully more pop up because they would look really great on my shelf. :Drool: :Drool:

I think 8" is the perfect size, its the perfect size to stand out amongst the other figures on my shelves.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: New Discovery! Vintage german (?) bootleg.   New Discovery! Vintage german (?) bootleg. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 1:08 pm

Wolff, holy cow man those are amazing! Awful but amazing!

Congrats!
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: New Discovery! Vintage german (?) bootleg.   New Discovery! Vintage german (?) bootleg. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 1:47 pm

Thanks guys!!!

And John...tze tze tze....awefull...how can you even think that??? Laughing Laughing Laughing

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!!!

On a german forum a member remembers getting one as a child:
http://www.lichtgeschwindigkeit.de/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1066&start=300

I'll try to translate:
"As a child I had such a Stromtrooper. I can remember quite well, because I found him unbelievably ugly. I dont remember anymore who gifted it to me. Someone from the far distant family. I got in trouble because I denied the present.
It was packed in a clear baggy with stapled cardboard on top. I can remember quite well, because I only knew figures on cards with blister to that time.
...... It went into the trash immediately after the visitors had gone."

Great information if you ask me! ...and a sad story! Sad
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: New Discovery! Vintage german (?) bootleg.   New Discovery! Vintage german (?) bootleg. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 1:43 pm

wow nice and cool discovery wolf ;;;;;;;;;two years ago  :I am stupid: 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Discovery! Vintage german (?) bootleg.   New Discovery! Vintage german (?) bootleg. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Discovery! Vintage german (?) bootleg.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1