The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before? Empty
PostSubject: German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before?   German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2014 5:24 pm

Just received a question about a German vintage flyer.

German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before? FBStats8112014_3_zpscad0c77d

I have never seen it before. Very cool item.

Can one of you guys provide some more information about what we are looking at here?

Cheers

Marco
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before?   German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 3:33 am

Hard to tell from the small pic, but the translation is something like "the success until 2001"
So I think it is a modern flyer for an exhibition / event or book on vintage.

Some of the figures look like they don't have accessories and are in odd poses compared to most vintage photography. I could be wrong though bcause the pic is small and I'm just viewing from a netbook atm.

What does the copyright on the bottom left say?  

Nice brochure / flyer anyway, and if it is vintage even better Smile
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before?   German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 4:12 am

Cheers, Paul.

I asked Bernd to provide some more pics if possible.
Agree, nice flyer, and if vintage, it would be a great piece of paperwork.

Maybe Mirco or Michael can shed some light on this too? Will PM them.

Back to top Go down
mike-skywalker
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mike-skywalker

PostSubject: Re: German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before?   German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 4:38 am

This is not a a modern flyer. It is indeed a vintage flyer from the ESB Era. Look at the adress...Rodgau Germany. That´s the adress, were General Mills Germany was based.

Check this sticker here.

I saw that auction, but I was 1 minute too late to buy it. Sad
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before?   German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 5:13 am

Thank you for chiming in and clarifying, Mirco! Very Happy

Realy neat vintage piece then. I hope we can get a high resolution picture to better see the details.

Cheers

Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before?   German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 5:15 am

I must be going mad, I've checked the FB page several times now and can't see the original post referencing this flyer. Am I doing something wrong?

Like Mike said Nieder-Roden, Rodgau is I believe where GM/Parker Toys was based but the 2001 year text is very odd!!
Back to top Go down
orangpendek
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before?   German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 5:19 am

I have the same catalog in Dutch with the clipper in the bottom right cornerGerman Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before? Clippe17
Mine looks like it is a dealer catalog as it has productnumbers and assortement specifications and it says come meet us at our stand at the fair.
I cant read the whole top right corner of the German flyer but the Dutch one promisses the reader 9 star wars movies will be made:

STAR WARS STAYS FOREVER  !
Once again the massive IMPERIAL army threatens our heroes
when Darth Vader tries to destroy the rebels.
Things are clearly looking bleak for Luke Skywalker and his friends
in the Empire Strikes Back, but the story does not end there.
There will be a total of nine movies- yes nine Star Wars movies!
The future of the worlds most succesfull toyline is secured.
The force is with you - STAR WARS will stay forever .

The german catalog says :Der erfolg bis ins jahr 2001. which roughly translates to "success up to the year 2001"
So it looks like the european distributors in the 80's thought they were going to be selling star wars toys for a couple of more years Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before?   German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 5:32 am

walkie wrote:
I must be going mad, I've checked the FB page several times now and can't see the original post referencing this flyer. Am I doing something wrong?

Facebook users can post to our page. These will appear in the "Post to Page" section at the left.  

German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before? FBStats9112014_3_zpsaa4fa7ee

German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before? FBStats9112014_4_zps67676033
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before?   German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 5:32 am

The poster on the Facebook site has commented as well:

Thank you very much. I just got the information that these flyers were available in german cinemas in the past.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before?   German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 5:39 am

Derek really cool that already 9 movies were mentioned in that flyer. Probably based upon the early books.

On a side note: Imagine the German flyer would already metion the title of the seventh movie being "Die Kraft Erwacht!". That would be scary. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lukestarchiller
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before?   German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 7:56 am

Hello,

this is Bernd who posted the picture. So actually i got a few information regarding the Flyer. One source told me that these flyers were placed in german cinemas. second source talked about wholesalers who get this Flyer in a catalouge. I bought this together with a few Original posters from Krieg der Sterne and Das Imperium schlägt zurück. So I guess the flyer is from a cinema. Very cool. i dont have it in my hands already but the week after next week I can tell you more. I have a few a little bit better pics. where can I upload it here? I am new Wink Cheers and thanks for the interest. Bernd
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before?   German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 8:20 am

Hi,

Welcome to TIG! welcome

Great that you signed up to provide some additional information on this very nice paper work.

To upload pictures, just follow the instructions written down in this thread here:

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t5234-how-to-contact-the-tig-team-how-to-upload-pictures-to-the-forum

If that does not work, pls mail the pics to me. You have a mail in your IN box now.

Cheers

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before?   German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 9:50 am

Here are some more pics of the German vintage flyer, provided by Bernd.

German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before? Foto1_zps609bbcc9
German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before? Foto2_zps7e49a25eGerman Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before? Foto3_zpse4dc5efe
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before?   German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 10:53 am

Two words.....I WANT Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lukestarchiller
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before?   German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 11:03 am

What would you pay ?! hehe
Back to top Go down
Lukestarchiller
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before?   German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 1:51 pm

Somebody postet: "I've seen it before Came with the At-At or other craft !"
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before?   German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 6:46 pm

I knew I recognised the images, there is also a Palitoy/UK one which can be seen here in jasons limelight....

mr_palitoy wrote:
German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before? P1030728

Palitoy 1981 catalogue cover.

German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before? P1030729

ESB figures on this page.

German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before? P1030730

ESB vehicles etc on this page.

German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before? P1030731

More vehicles on this page. Still pushing that Imperial Troop Transporter...

German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before? P1030732

Some more spaceships and first 3 mini rigs on this page.

German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before? P1030733

ESB playsets on this page.

German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before? P1030734

Guns, puppets, figurines and paint bu numbers on this page.

German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before? P1030735

Model kits on this page.

German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before? P1030736

And lastly, die casts on this page.

Hope you have enjoyed the show.

cheers Jason
Back to top Go down
Lukestarchiller
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before?   German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 12:13 am

Super, Jason! Thank you very much. I wish i could just ring a shop and order all this stuff by article number Wink
Back to top Go down
bonglee23
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
bonglee23

PostSubject: Re: German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before?   German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 4:49 am

Awesome find Bernd!
You said you bought the flyer together with some vintage posters, I would love to see the whole score.
Mirco mentioned this was sold in an auction. If that is the case, would you mind sharing a link?

Here's what I know about the flyer:
It was indeed sent to retailers in the time the ESB toys came out, along with suggestions on how to display the toys in store. And yes, Parker promised shop owners success until 2001 if they kept selling SW. They weren't too far off I guess Wink
I'm pretty sure though that it was never available in cinemas.

Steve
Back to top Go down
Lukestarchiller
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before?   German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 2:41 pm

Mod Edit:

I had to edit your post Bernd, regarding the sale of your flyer as it is against TIG's term and conditions to promote non forum sales.

Taken from TIG T&C's
"The Imperial Gunnery is not a site to solely act as an advertising medium for users. The use of the Imperial Gunnery to promote your private auction, website, Ebay auction or any other business relationship is strictly forbidden without express consent of the site owner. Please contact Darthberizing@Imperialgunneryforum.com if you would like to request permission. "

Regards

Steve
Back to top Go down
Lukestarchiller
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before?   German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 3:12 am

i am very sorry, Steve! I didnt realize that! Never happens again. Regards Bernd
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before?   German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 3:17 am

Thank you Bernd. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before?   German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

German Vintage Flyer: Anyone has seen this before?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1