The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Clipper / German moc's ? x 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

Clipper / German moc's ? x 2 Empty
PostSubject: Clipper / German moc's ? x 2   Clipper / German moc's ? x 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 1:44 pm

Hey Guys

I have been thinking about this for some time now. All most all the Clipper and German ESB moc's i have seen all have nice bobbels and the cards always look nice .

I have only seen one beater Clipper moc . So i have been thinking . Did "all" the moc's come from a wearehouse find or something like that ? Seems ord that a small amount of the moc's excist and almost all are in so good shape .

And another thing , what's with the hand written "7" on tha back of the Clipper Card ? It is on all the figures that have the "7" in it's number like 7 and 17 etc .

Here is my Clipper WBG
Clipper / German moc's ? x 2 Th_bmxdele017

Thanks

Soren

Last edited by soren on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Clipper / German moc's ? x 2   Clipper / German moc's ? x 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 1:47 pm

I'll look when I get home about the 7. I've never noticed it before.

As for condition, I know one seller who had an amazing supply of them, and all in mint condition. I always assumed it was old stock that was uncovered.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: Clipper / German moc's ? x 2   Clipper / German moc's ? x 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 1:54 pm

Darthberizing wrote:
I'll look when I get home about the 7. I've never noticed it before.

As for condition, I know one seller who had an amazing supply of them, and all in mint condition. I always assumed it was old stock that was uncovered.

Thanks John

As i have written it is hand written "7" on tha back of the Clipper Card It is on all the figures that have the "7" in it's number like 7 and 17 , 27 etc .

Kinda funny why ... But have a look please

I was thinking the same thing about old stock etc.
Back to top Go down
Panastur
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Panastur

PostSubject: Re: Clipper / German moc's ? x 2   Clipper / German moc's ? x 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 2:25 pm

soren wrote:
Hey Guys

I have been thinking about this for some time now. All most all the Clipper and German ESB moc's i have seen all have nice bobbels and the cards always look nice .

I have only seen one beater Clipper moc . So i have been thinking . Did "all" the moc's come from a wearehouse find or something like that ? Seems ord that a small amount of the moc's excist and almost all are in so good shape ...

Soren

Most of them comes from Toy Toni. (www.toytoni.com). A UK guy that made some kind of warehouse find... Palitoy was in charge of making the ESB line of Clipper and German Parker action figures. All these blister were made in UK.

JC Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Clipper / German moc's ? x 2   Clipper / German moc's ? x 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 2:29 pm

Panastur wrote:
soren wrote:
Hey Guys

I have only seen one beater Clipper moc . So i have been thinking . Did "all" the moc's come from a wearehouse find or something like that ? Seems ord that a small amount of the moc's excist and almost all are in so good shape ...

Soren

Most of them comes from Toy Toni. (www.toytoni.com). A UK guy that made some kind of warehouse find... Palitoy was in charge of making the ESB line of Clipper and German Parker action figures. All these blister were made in UK.

JC Very Happy

What JC said. I'm pretty sure Toni had a ton of really nice Clipper's. The German General Mills, I'm not sure how much Toni had, but it was probably the same amount.

I have never heard of the 7 on the back of them. Do you have a pic of it?
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: Clipper / German moc's ? x 2   Clipper / German moc's ? x 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 3:17 pm

Thanks guys.

So that was what i was thinking . Would have been od if all the moc's where that nice if they came from shops .

About the 7'S on the back on the Clipper moc . All the numbers where 7 is in like 7,17,27 and 37 have the 7 hand written .
Under the picture all the 7 are again hand written .

Well all 7's but not the FX-7 .

Bad pictures i know , but take a look .

Clipper / German moc's ? x 2 Th_7002

Clipper / German moc's ? x 2 Th_7004

Clipper / German moc's ? x 2 Th_7001
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Clipper / German moc's ? x 2   Clipper / German moc's ? x 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 3:57 pm

Are you referring to the fact that they have the slash through the middle? I do have that. I know that style of 7 is used in some courntries so perhaps they changed the typeset to reflect that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: Clipper / German moc's ? x 2   Clipper / German moc's ? x 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 1:50 pm

Darthberizing wrote:
Are you referring to the fact that they have the slash through the middle? I do have that. I know that style of 7 is used in some courntries so perhaps they changed the typeset to reflect that.

Yes John , it is that 7 with the slash . But why did they not change on FX-7 then ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clipper / German moc's ? x 2   Clipper / German moc's ? x 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clipper / German moc's ? x 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1