The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A small discovery: German POTF special offer cardbacks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

A small discovery: German POTF special offer cardbacks Empty
PostSubject: A small discovery: German POTF special offer cardbacks   A small discovery: German POTF special offer cardbacks I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 6:22 am

So last week I picked up my Canadian Boba Fett MOC at the house of this former dutch collector (see another thread). The guy was very friendly and showed me his collection room, with glass cabinets still holding pieces of his collection. He was asking whether I needed anything else, so I scanned the whole room but there was not much vintage anymore, still lots of modern stuff.

I gave up, but as of a sudden my eye was caught by something, which was almost carelessly put away on the lowest shelf of a cabinet. At first glance it looked like two vintage miniposters, but on closer inspection, I immediately realized I was holding two cardbacks of the rare German Power of the Force (“Kraft der Macht”) special offers. I felt over the moon actually holding these exciting items, this was an unexpected encounter and a joyful moment, and the fact these were beater cards was not going to change that.

The collector apparently was totally unaware of the rarity of these items. He got them when he was a kid from another kid that had spent the holidays in Germany with his parents. The kid kept the toys but gave the cardbacks to him.

Though I don't collect cardbacks. I wanted to make an exception in this case. When I had offered him 2 Euros I probably would have gotten away with it. That is not my style however, so I told him these were rare cardbacks and despite their condition might be worth a few bugs. I took them home to make some pics and now I would like to make a fair offer, question is what would be fair in your eyes?

Here is a nice link to the “Kraft der Macht” special offers: http://www.kraftdermacht.de/MOC-KDM.shtml

FRONT
A small discovery: German POTF special offer cardbacks IMG_5005

BACK
A small discovery: German POTF special offer cardbacks IMG_5003

FRONT
A small discovery: German POTF special offer cardbacks IMG_5007

BACK
A small discovery: German POTF special offer cardbacks IMG_5009
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: A small discovery: German POTF special offer cardbacks   A small discovery: German POTF special offer cardbacks I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 6:56 am

Very Cool Marco It looks like one of those cards there was 2 figures and a vehicle on Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: A small discovery: German POTF special offer cardbacks   A small discovery: German POTF special offer cardbacks I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 6:57 am

I have no clue what they are worth, but thanks for showing, I have never seen those before Smile really cool!

Edit:
haha Leia Combat Poncho only got helm in the picture. and the emperor looks like he is doing that spiritual thing with two sticks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
milkiebarker
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
milkiebarker

PostSubject: Re: A small discovery: German POTF special offer cardbacks   A small discovery: German POTF special offer cardbacks I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 7:08 am

Marco

Nice find but i too have no idea what they are worth? i am sure someone will though, if not you should come to a arrangement which suits you both!
i mainly just wanted to write and tell you that i admire your honesty in this matter and reading your posts and replys is always a pleasure...

Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: A small discovery: German POTF special offer cardbacks   A small discovery: German POTF special offer cardbacks I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 12:27 pm

milkiebarker wrote:
Marco

Nice find but i too have no idea what they are worth? i am sure someone will though, if not you should come to a arrangement which suits you both!
i mainly just wanted to write and tell you that i admire your honesty in this matter and reading your posts and replys is always a pleasure...

Well said Very Happy

About that price maybe Michael who has sold a MISB one of them has an idea about the price .
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/u273

He he Claes and the IRG is backwards and has no weapon like some of the others . The Wicket has very with ears . Funny to see this Very Happy
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: A small discovery: German POTF special offer cardbacks   A small discovery: German POTF special offer cardbacks I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 12:45 pm

I have a vague memory of Michael selling a cardback on ebay similar to this as well :scratch:
Back to top Go down
Michifromhell
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: A small discovery: German POTF special offer cardbacks   A small discovery: German POTF special offer cardbacks I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 7:16 am

Congrats Marco to this great find. In my eyes those Cardbacks are really underrated, they look fantastic and are from the most rare items ever produced.

I sold my Vehicle Cardback for 50 GBP, I do think this is really much too less. I paid for my first Card 200 Euro but the market wasn´t interested in it.

The Figure Cardback is missing the Front, the last complete with front was going for 500 Euro on Ebay Germany but without I would estimate it only in the 50 Euro area.

Hope this helps a bit

Michael
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: A small discovery: German POTF special offer cardbacks   A small discovery: German POTF special offer cardbacks I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 6:09 pm

Michifromhell wrote:
Congrats Marco to this great find. In my eyes those Cardbacks are really underrated, they look fantastic and are from the most rare items ever produced.

I sold my Vehicle Cardback for 50 GBP, I do think this is really much too less. I paid for my first Card 200 Euro but the market wasn´t interested in it.

The Figure Cardback is missing the Front, the last complete with front was going for 500 Euro on Ebay Germany but without I would estimate it only in the 50 Euro area.

Hope this helps a bit

Michael

Hi Michael,

Thank you very much for your info, very helpfull indeed!!! Very Happy

Rawlin wrote:

haha Leia Combat Poncho only got helm in the picture. and the emperor looks like he is doing that spiritual thing with two sticks.

soren wrote:

He he Claes and the IRG is backwards and has no weapon like some of the others . The Wicket has very with ears . Funny to see this Very Happy

Good spot guys! I hadn't seen that before. An interesting cardback in every way.

milkiebarker wrote:
Marco

Thx for the kind words, Kevin, I appreciate it!
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: A small discovery: German POTF special offer cardbacks   A small discovery: German POTF special offer cardbacks I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 6:50 pm

soren wrote:

Yes he looks like a fat cousin of mickey mouse Razz The only looking macho in the picture is Lando Skiff Guard, he got a mean look there, like he means business. Weequay holds axe wrong and teebo lol.

Is that a faded boba? Razz just kidding.

Edit: Could you do a close up on boba that thing starts to look brighter the longer I look at it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: A small discovery: German POTF special offer cardbacks   A small discovery: German POTF special offer cardbacks I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 7:43 am

I made some long overdue close ups for Joe's site.

A small discovery: German POTF special offer cardbacks IMG_5009

A small discovery: German POTF special offer cardbacks IMG_5229

A small discovery: German POTF special offer cardbacks IMG_5230

A small discovery: German POTF special offer cardbacks IMG_5232

A small discovery: German POTF special offer cardbacks IMG_5234

I like the little funny details on these German cardbacks which you tend to miss at first glance:

• Lando Skiff looking dumb while holding his vibroblade upside down
  • Chief Chirpa looking a bit old with a yoda stick
  • FX-7 with a bent arm
  • Nikto with the wrong weapon
  • Prune Face w/o cape
  • Leia w/o poncho
  • Han w/o trenchcoat
  • Teebo with unpainted hood
  • and the best.....Wicket without hood and white ears making him look like Mickey Mouse

Did I miss anything?

Pity that the kid used a green marker, probably to indicate which figures he already had. On the other hand, I don't mind too much, it makes this card even more authentic.

A small discovery: German POTF special offer cardbacks IMG_5217

A small discovery: German POTF special offer cardbacks IMG_5219

A small discovery: German POTF special offer cardbacks IMG_5223

A small discovery: German POTF special offer cardbacks IMG_5225
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: A small discovery: German POTF special offer cardbacks   A small discovery: German POTF special offer cardbacks I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 7:52 am

Nice Marco, I love the last shot :

A small discovery: German POTF special offer cardbacks IMG_5225

Not only are they all prototypes (Internal first shots/ first shots or even hard copies (check out Teebo)) it shows Leia Poncho, Han Endor and Prune face all capeless, the interesting thing about that is that we know from existing prototypes that before the fabric capes were approved by Kenner a number of tests were done in various different colours to get the right size etc (Pink poncho Leia and so on) so this picture would have been very early on when the fabric capes were probably not even finalised yet.

The 8D8 is also of special interest to me because it appears to be the same internal first shot sold through the earth that I have been looking for now for about ..5 years! Boo! lol

Thanks for uploading those Marco Smile

Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: A small discovery: German POTF special offer cardbacks   A small discovery: German POTF special offer cardbacks I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 8:05 am

Great pictures Marco, I nearly brought one of those At-St driver prototypes about 6 months ago, thought It would have fitted in to me collection well Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: A small discovery: German POTF special offer cardbacks   A small discovery: German POTF special offer cardbacks I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 3:17 pm

Joe_O wrote:

Not only are they all prototypes (Internal first shots/ first shots or even hard copies (check out Teebo)) it shows Leia Poncho, Han Endor and Prune face all capeless, the interesting thing about that is that we know from existing prototypes that before the fabric capes were approved by Kenner a number of tests were done in various different colours to get the right size etc (Pink poncho Leia and so on) so this picture would have been very early on when the fabric capes were probably not even finalised yet.

The 8D8 is also of special interest to me because it appears to be the same internal first shot sold through the earth that I have been looking for now for about ..5 years! Boo! lol

Thanks for uploading those Marco Smile

Wow, I didn't realize they were all prototypes. Interesting stuff, thanks for telling!! Very Happy

Good luck hunting the FS 8D8, Joe!!

Same for Scott (FS AT-ST driver)
Back to top Go down
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: A small discovery: German POTF special offer cardbacks   A small discovery: German POTF special offer cardbacks I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 3:33 pm

WOW What interesting pieces! I love them.
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: A small discovery: German POTF special offer cardbacks   A small discovery: German POTF special offer cardbacks I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 5:30 am

I think it could be cool to have such a cardback standing in my POTF collection lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: A small discovery: German POTF special offer cardbacks   A small discovery: German POTF special offer cardbacks I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 1:14 pm

I decided to keep the German cardbacks and worked out a good deal yesterday (including a Chinese diner for the original owner at my place Very Happy).

German stuff rocks, see also Mirco's Land of the Jawa's playset, posted earlier this week.

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4093-land-of-the-jawas
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: A small discovery: German POTF special offer cardbacks   A small discovery: German POTF special offer cardbacks I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 1:31 pm

Glad you worked out a deal Marco and decided to keep them. They're such interesting and unique photographic pieces with the prototypes and missing accessories. Great work cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A small discovery: German POTF special offer cardbacks   A small discovery: German POTF special offer cardbacks I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A small discovery: German POTF special offer cardbacks

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1