The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Star Wars Celebration Europe II

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

Star Wars Celebration Europe II - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Celebration Europe II   Star Wars Celebration Europe II - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 9:48 pm

DarthBerizing wrote:
Bluestars wrote:
Bluestars wrote:
Stargeezer wrote:
Whats an 2,5 hour drive, its not that far. Book à night near the center and enjoy à beer with some fellow TIG'ers. Very Happy

i was joking Smile i will be so much there!!! and will be ready to present my lovely home-country to you guys!

and of course i will be ready to assist with booking and whatever is needed from thos ignorant guys mit speaking german Smile

How do I say "Can Tim and I sleep at your place Mike?" in German? lol!

As long as it isn't in the same bed this time!
Back to top Go down
sith jawa
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sith jawa

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Celebration Europe II   Star Wars Celebration Europe II - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:27 pm

Just curious, but where is the nearest International Airport for CE2? I am thinking about making the trip, but not sure if Munich, Frankfurt or Berlin is the best place to land..

Regarding the other question about C7.. I think there might be a three year wait for this. If CE2 and another Celebration in Asia goes forward, I can see Lucas spacing them out... Of course, just a thought.
Back to top Go down
http://madbrownz.blogspot.com
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Celebration Europe II   Star Wars Celebration Europe II - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:48 pm

Jason,

Frankfurt is the nearest airport.

If I remember correctly the train leaves directly from the airport to Essen central station. It takes about two hours with the fast ICE train.

From Essen central station you can take a subway to the convention center (every 10 minutes or so).

More info about the trains here:

Http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

Great that so many of you like to go there! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
MartijnEmmelot
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
MartijnEmmelot

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Celebration Europe II   Star Wars Celebration Europe II - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 4:26 am

And what about Düsseldorf airport? Aren't there intercontinental flights to this airport? Seems a lot closer to Essen than Frankfurt.

If I'm not on summer holiday with my family, I'll also attend, it's less than 2 hrs away from my home if you drive like an old lady Wink

~Martijn
Back to top Go down
http://www.starswar.eu
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Celebration Europe II   Star Wars Celebration Europe II - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 5:29 am

Bluestars wrote:
Stargeezer wrote:
Whats an 2,5 hour drive, its not that far. Book à night near the center and enjoy à beer with some fellow TIG'ers. Very Happy

i was joking Smile i will be so much there!!! and will be ready to present my lovely home-country to you guys!

Ah i get it, i did not see those smiley's on my phone....

MAn looking forward to this CE2 allready, this will be a long wait...
Back to top Go down
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Celebration Europe II   Star Wars Celebration Europe II - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 9:16 am

Just an heads up that loads off the Hotels around the area and Essen town center are allready booked. So if you need an hotel for this period around the show next year, you have to be fast.

Anyway we are staying in the Hotel Plaza Essen. Love to hear where you guys are staying.

Cheers, Dennis.
Back to top Go down
A_new_hope
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
A_new_hope

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Celebration Europe II   Star Wars Celebration Europe II - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 12:09 pm

If thats the case, i have to do something about that during the weekend.

Thanks for the heads up Very Happy
Back to top Go down
burnsy
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
burnsy

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Celebration Europe II   Star Wars Celebration Europe II - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 3:47 pm

I'll be there with UK Garrison.

I've booked into the Holiday Inn Express for the Friday, Saturday and Sunday night.

Look forward to catching up with you guys over teh weekend for a beer or two.
Back to top Go down
Carl Waterworth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Carl Waterworth

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Celebration Europe II   Star Wars Celebration Europe II - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 4:13 pm

Hey Stu! looks like i am gonna miss out on CE II Sad i will just have to cover the troops that you lot leave behind! Cool
Back to top Go down
burnsy
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
burnsy

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Celebration Europe II   Star Wars Celebration Europe II - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 4:15 pm

That's a shame you won't be there mate.

How's things with you? You signed up for much?
Back to top Go down
Carl Waterworth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Carl Waterworth

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Celebration Europe II   Star Wars Celebration Europe II - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 5:14 pm

burnsy wrote:
That's a shame you won't be there mate.

How's things with you? You signed up for much?

Good mate! hope to get my biker scout armour soon Cool the only one i have signed up for is Movie Mania at the NSC in 2 weeks time, what about you?
Back to top Go down
A_new_hope
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
A_new_hope

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Celebration Europe II   Star Wars Celebration Europe II - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 9:04 am

Hotel booked, mum takes the kids and the car is ready. Now its only to wait for it bounce
Back to top Go down
sith jawa
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sith jawa

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Celebration Europe II   Star Wars Celebration Europe II - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 6:28 pm

Hell, if the Hotels are nearly booked, I doubt I will make it. I will not have a clear picture about CEII until late November or early December. Unfortunately, it is all about the $$$ for me. Guess I will bide my time and see where it goes..
Back to top Go down
http://madbrownz.blogspot.com
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Celebration Europe II   Star Wars Celebration Europe II - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 2:23 am

sith jawa wrote:
Hell, if the Hotels are nearly booked, I doubt I will make it. I will not have a clear picture about CEII until late November or early December. Unfortunately, it is all about the $$$ for me. Guess I will bide my time and see where it goes..

The Hotel i booked, i can cancel my reservation free off any charge if i wanted to, untill 6pm one day before arrival. So i just booked the hotel, should something come up, i can cancel it without any problems...
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Celebration Europe II   Star Wars Celebration Europe II - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 4:31 am

Gonna try to make it this time Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
A_new_hope
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
A_new_hope

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Celebration Europe II   Star Wars Celebration Europe II - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 9:47 am

Same here, free canceling. Just to cancel if something comes up during the time i wait for the trip, like if i get sick or some accident would happen.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Celebration Europe II   Star Wars Celebration Europe II - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 4:31 pm

hotel booked Wink
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Celebration Europe II   Star Wars Celebration Europe II - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 9:51 pm

Hopefully one of you guys will need a last second roommate. I won't know if I can go until early next year. Just bought a new house and lost my ass on my current one. I'd love to make another celebration especially in Europe, but a year away from C6 is frustrating to say the least.
Back to top Go down
vin3po
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
vin3po

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Celebration Europe II   Star Wars Celebration Europe II - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 4:54 pm

I will deffo be going to this been waiting on CE2 for a long time cheers
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Celebration Europe II   Star Wars Celebration Europe II - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 8:03 am

This thread is now a sticky and moved to the top
Back to top Go down
ChrisGeorgoulias
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Celebration Europe II   Star Wars Celebration Europe II - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 11:47 pm

Supposedly CVII will be in 2014 so for those who go to all Celebrations it will be quite a rush. We haven't had 3 in a row in awhile. Since most people don't travel internationally it's a 2 year break, but even years back I believe the plan Reed wanted to tackle was a stateside Celebration event every other year with an international one woven in every off year (in a different country). That's pretty ambitious and, if true, will mean a number of us will be going to a Celebration event somewhere in the world on an annual basis. Talk about busy!

It will have been 5 years since a European one so a big part of the world is long overdue for a Celebration. Kudos to those that travel across the pond to attend. The US ones just cannot be beat in terms of sheer scale. CE and CJ were tiny by comparison.

Should be fun nonetheless!

-chris
Back to top Go down
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Celebration Europe II   Star Wars Celebration Europe II - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 9:54 am

Hotel Booked cheers
Back to top Go down
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Celebration Europe II   Star Wars Celebration Europe II - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 3:41 am

I was looking at the map over Germany to see how far it is from my hometown. I just wanna check one thing just to be sure. The Essen we're taking about is the one located between Duisburg and Dortmund. Correct?
Back to top Go down
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Celebration Europe II   Star Wars Celebration Europe II - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 8:18 am

Yzerman wrote:
I was looking at the map over Germany to see how far it is from my hometown. I just wanna check one thing just to be sure. The Essen we're taking about is the one located between Duisburg and Dortmund. Correct?

Yes thats correct.
Back to top Go down
Apollo
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Apollo

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Celebration Europe II   Star Wars Celebration Europe II - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 9:02 am

Stargeezer wrote:
Just an heads up that loads off the Hotels around the area and Essen town center are allready booked. So if you need an hotel for this period around the show next year, you have to be fast.

Anyway we are staying in the Hotel Plaza Essen. Love to hear where you guys are staying.

Cheers, Dennis.

Mecure plaza?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Celebration Europe II   Star Wars Celebration Europe II - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Celebration Europe II

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next