The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 7:49 pm

Right folks, today I present to you a ...... Bespin Luke Obviously Very Happy

I would like your opinions on this Bespin Luke if you would be so kind. I had a word with Wolff about this to see what he thought and I think the general thought is that it could be a 'mixed up' figure.

Either way I thought I'd share him with you guys to see what you think.

First of all a little back story, I've actually had this figure for about 3 years and bought him initially as a ginger Bespin Luke with the large HK COO for the reason he had a 'short shot' hand and I thought he would be nice for my focus as a factory error type figure. When he arrived I did think he looked a little different, but wasn't really familiar with Poch/PBP stuff and alo my research wasn't what it is now and he has kind of remained out of the main focus because I classed him as a factory error, however a sales post by Kenneth B got me thinking differently, and after sorting through my Luke's the other day I started thinking a few things.

Bear in mind I'm still missing the brown haired HK Large Poch Bespin uke from my collection (anyone got one for sale?????) and this really got me thinking.

Now first of all, I know it's not that figure but I'd like your opinions all the same. I'll talk you through it in a comparrison way to the actual Ginger HK large Luke generally regarded as the Palitoy variant.

First up, here's the actual figure:

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 112

Secondly, a head comparison, now the 'Palitoy' version has a vibrant ginger hair and always has thin black eye prints. This figure (right) has lighter ginger hair and brown bold eye prints.

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 212

Next is the hands, Now the 'Palitoy' version always has a kind of dull flesh tone which is probably the best flesh paint used on any Bespin Luke, this one is notably paler (bottom)

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 312

Now the boots, it's important to note that the 'Palitoy' ginger Luke has brown boot's, not tan or sienna, this colour is unique to this figure and they ALL have it. The figure in question however has tan boot's and the paint is rather poorly applied with several over-lapping splashes onto the legs and a couple of thin spots. There is also some extra flashing not usually present on the stanrad figures.

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 411

Next up, melt marks? There is definately some marks on the back, but it's hard to tell wether they are melt marks or just damage, however the belt on the back of the torso and the parts of the belt which are on the actual legs (left leg in particular) show marks. There are also other marks around the edge of the leg not shown in the pic (sorry)

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 512

Finally is the COO, HK large

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 611

Another thing is the sonic weld on the crouch is poor and slightly open (I forgot to take a pic of this and am away at th moment, but when I return next week I will update the post if required)

Cheers for looking, any thought?
Back to top Go down
flycasual
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
flycasual

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 5:49 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:
@FC: Can you check your Rebel Soldier for the absence of white paint on top of the legs pls?  Just curious whether you found a Kenner or POCH figure in the UK.
Here you go:
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 Poch_RS_UK_zps6d53aa1b
Back to top Go down
Thargoil
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thargoil

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 3:14 pm

Received a PBP stormtrooper today cheers and thought it would be nice to make a small comparison picture with LL.
(PBP helmet looks like Chewie got his hands on it and not yet 100% sure about the blaster, still happy to add this boy (for less than E15,-)

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 Drawin10
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 12:52 pm

Just wanted to share this here as well.

POCH Leia Bespin.

I hope to help document more on her soon with info on the appropriate cape (which I don't have yet), blaster (ditto) and I would love to figure out the link between her and the Ledy Blonde LB.

Anyway, for now, here are my images of my latest Leia Bespin! (extra large image here)

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 9309613380_3e5420a595_o

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
Kenneth_B
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kenneth_B

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 3:54 am

Beautiful Poch Leia Bespin Jay!Smile It feels like, that I have seen her before though..?Wink
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 8:12 am

Kenneth_B wrote:
Beautiful Poch Leia Bespin Jay!Smile It feels like, that I have seen her before though..?Wink
She might have visited your place recently before arriving at her new home in Jersey. tongue
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 2:44 pm

Thanks guys for sharing your pics of 2-1B (Ackbar), Luke Bespin (Alex), Stormtrooper (Fred), Rebel Soldier (Flycasual), and Leia Bespin/AT AT Driver (Jay). Very Happy

I will promise to share some pics of these figures when making new posts in this thread.

Today I would like to show you two PBP Bossk figures. I got Bossk on the right about a year ago (kudos to Javi Very Happy), and received the Bossk on the left last week, from a Spanish childhood collection.

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 IMG_0026_zpsdfffda42

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 IMG_0027_zps8df1ae1a

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 IMG_0028_zps6fcac4bb

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 IMG_0029_zps78e41c43

Though both figures have a lot in common (also the typical PBP smell), but there are also some noteworthy differences:

• COO: Both figures have COO#4 but differ slightly: '1980 LFL' vs '1980 LFL.' (with a dot at the end). In general I am not that interested in these small variations within one COO type, as they merely indicate different steel moulds which were used in parallel, according to Wolff's theory. But hey it is always cool to discover these small differences. Probably it has been described somewhere else before.
  • Lips: Both PBP Bossk seem to have played with their mom’s lipstick causing those typical fat lips. Very Happy
    The paint mask for the lips on the right figure seems to be shifted a bit downwards compared to the left figure.
  • Eyes: The black pupils of the right Bossk figure are bigger.
    Probably the pupils on both figures are hand painted, which might explain the difference?

All in all we are probably just looking at small batch to batch (or figure to figure) paint variations here. Interesting nevertheless.

Please share pics of your PBP Bossk figures, so we can have a good look at the small variations which are out there.

Thanks for reading

Cheers

Marco
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 4:05 pm

PBP Bossk - big lips and '1980 LFL.' coo

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 ERbI1Lq
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 YChS1tl

POCH Rebel Soldier - unpainted inner leg

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 S84BmBz
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 8:12 am

Hi folks, Sorry to again present another Bespin Luke here, but hey, it's what I do. Just thought this was interesting and a follow up to the one I posted about two pages back. It's the choclate boots Luke and is almost identical to the other, even down to the right hands pink and the left hand pale and almost identical melt marks.

New one on the right:

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 Sany1713

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 Sany1714

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 Sany1715

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 Sany1716

It's also worthy of a mention that although the eye print on this whole range of Bespin Luke figures, this particular one is quite bold though, similar to this carded example:

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 Esb_4110

This carded example is the caramel boots version though.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 1:41 pm

Comparing rare figures via pics from screen is good, comparing and discussing them in real life with a fellow collector is even better and much more fun. Very Happy
So that's why Kenneth and I brought some presumed POCH figures to CE2. Unfortunately Wolff could not attend, as he had to leave on Sunday.

This way we could confirm that some of our figures (e.g. R5, 2-1B, Dengar, Ugnaught,..) have the same unique paint applications. These figures all originated from Spanish (childhood) collections and in addition often had these typical factory imperfections (cracks, meltmarks), strengthening us in the belief that these are POCH figures indeed. Solid proof should come from MOCs off course.
You will probably hear more about these figures in this thread one day. Stay tuned. Very Happy

Schnitzel Restaurant High Security POCH Resarch Facility at Celebration Europe 2.

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 IMG_0202_zpsfcc92553

Two presumed POCH R5 figures.

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 IMG_0201_zpse81f421f

Three presumed POCH Dengars.

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 IMG_0204_zps595a271b

Thank you Kenneth, it was great meeting you, let's have a follow up meeting in Denmark or The Netherlands soon. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kenneth_B
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kenneth_B

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 9:00 pm

Hey Marco,

It was a true pleasure meeting you/hanging out with you at CE2! I'm sure, that our next meeting will be within a limited amount of time, since flight tickets to the Netherlands/Denmark are affordable for the both of us!Very Happy 

Comparing the Poch figures together with you was great! I got a lot of unanswered Poch answers out of our meeting, and hopefully you did too!

BTW I'm looking a bit angry at the pic, but it must be a result of extreme concentration LOL.cheers 

You're doing a brilliant job with the pics and descriptions from CE2! Tomorrow I'll post some pics of mine from CE2 - on Lee's request some of my purchases from the event also.

Kenneth

Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 11:41 am

I bought this bossk at CEII in one of those bargain bin boxes, I thought it was a bit interesting Smile

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 Img_5234
figure to the left

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 Img_5235
figure to the bottom

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 Img_5236
figure to the right

It looks a bit similar to the bought in spain that marco linked earlier.
What I've noticed so far is that it is glossier in the face then some other bossks, the coo is larger.
And it have two stripes painted on the shoulders where the kenner shown have only 1.
Seems to have less black painted below red neck thing. And a slight different red.
(Sorry if this was mentioned earlier, I didn't see it in the bossks posts)

Borrowing a pic
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 IMG_6869
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 1:07 pm

Cheesr Kenneth for the nice words. You can already start putting some Carlsberg in the fridge! Very Happy

Kenneth_B wrote:

BTW I'm looking a bit angry at the pic, but it must be a result of extreme concentration LOL.cheers 

lol!  that must be it, here is another one, also POCH related, less serious looking.  So other know collecting POCH is fun!

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 IMG_0126_zpsa6c39c23
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 1:15 pm

Great find, Claes! Very Happy 

Your Bossk seems to be the same figure as the one which I discussed before in this thread:

Bossk (Post #3)

Meanwhile I have found two of these Bossk figures in Spanish collections.

Sure he looks different compared to his Kenner counterpart.
I bet he is Spanish produced.

Other opinions?
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 5:53 pm

I have no clue what it is, if it's from spain that would be fun.
I like those bargain bins, I saw a lot of nice variants like a bunch of flesh faces but couldn't buy everything I saw. There where acctually two of those bossks in that bin, looked identical except I didn't check the coo on both. I ended up taking that one because it was one I didn't have before and it looked rather odd. Never seen a discolered bossk before and I've had a bunch.
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 12:31 pm

Rawlin wrote:

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 Img_5236
figure to the right

I could be wrong but, bassed in my experience on the searching of Poch figures, the figures i have found so far, the carded POCH Bossks examples known to exist and-finally- looking at your pits, i would say that the Bossk shown in your pict IS NOT A POCH FIGURE.
I have seen and found many of those Kenner "faded limbs" Bossks.On the other hand i have never found one like the one shown in your picts
I have one in my own Kenner collection, maybe a little less faded limbs...
Here you are a couple of picts compared with the "real" POCH Bossk , the same shown by Marco
Daylight pict:
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 Bossk10
Direct daylight:
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 Bossk210

Hope this help
J.
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 12:50 pm

Hi Rawlin, I would agree with Javi that this is not a POCH figure, I have the same Bossk with very similar fading/discolouration and the same COO, this came from a guaranteed English childhood collection.

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 3a_bos10

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 3b_bos10
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 1:44 pm

Never said it where :)think I said I have no clue, I just noticed the other bossk and figured I could contribute. I never saw that bossk being resolved but its so many pages I might have missed it. No need to yell about it lol

I had a bad day and it was 35 celcius here, this is what I took as yelling
Quote :
Bossk shown in your pict IS NOT A POCH FIGURE.
Normally that means yelling to me, but maybe you just tried to make sure it was seen.
Anyway thanks for the help with the figure, I do appreciate it.

I just like to add that I've found the PBP Han hoth I sold here on the forum in a collection I know is 100% bought in sweden. Reason I know that is because he was my neighbor when we where kids and I know he stopped collecting before the 90s. Was a very good collection. Even so there was also a couple of ledy figures in it that got confirmed here as well R2 as an example. Maybe people traveled, bought some figures and then the kids traded when they got back home. Maybe stores imported etc. I don't know.

Here are some more pictures of the strange looking bossk Razz sadly I can't get the correct colors. I hate iphone. There is a pretty large difference on the limbs. Here the figure is acctually directly under a dentist lamp that is pretty bright, I can see it perfectly but it sucks on the camera...
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 Img_5310
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 Img_5311
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 Img_5312
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 Img_5313
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 Img_5314
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 Img_5315

Since I bought it at CEII I have no clue where it's from, but I've never seen one here.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 12:35 pm

Hi Javi, thank you for chiming in my friend! Very Happy

Claes, I am sure Javi just wanted to stress your Bossk figure is not a POCH figure, w/o any further intention. In written communication things can get lost.

Back to the topic:  

In my opinion there are two types of Bossk figures, having COO#1.

Below you see comparison pics between a Bossk from Spain and a Kenner Bossk, both having COO#1.
A POCH Bossk with COO#3 was also included to show the differences in the degree of green of the limbs (no green, brownish green, toxic green)

Bossk: Kenner COO#1 (left), Figure from Spain with COO#1 (middle), confirmed POCH Bossk with COO #3 (right).
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 IMG_7084_zps04046c7f

Bossk: Kenner COO#1 (left), Figure from Spain with COO#1 (middle), confirmed POCH Bossk with COO #3 (right).
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 IMG_7089_zpsa8f1c1a5

Compared to his Kenner brother, the Bossk from Spain has:

1. Clear Greenish limbs. probably due to discolouration. Not so green as the confimred POCH Bossk though (see pic)

2. Paler yellow limbs, probably also due to discolouration, Note that the Kenner version also has pale limbs, but less pronounced.

3. Small chest cross.

4. Typical PBP smell!!!

5. Bigger pupils, may be due to hand painting

6. Darker red lips, eyes, and "neck band'. The lips are fat, but somewhat less pronounced as is the case for the PBP Bossk.

More here:

Bossk (Post #3)

Meanwhile I have two of these Bossk figures (like the middle figure in the pics above), both obtained from Spanish childhood collections. The greenish limbs, the red paint used, the bigger lips, and the chemical smell, are different compared to Kenner figures. I don't know what that means, but it hints towards Spanish production IMO.

Claes: Could you check your Bossk for features #1-#6,  listed above.

Cheers

Marco
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 2:34 pm

Sorry Claes, it was not My intention To disturb you or any body else, Just wanted To remark is not a Poch figure ,imo.
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 3:02 pm

javiswspain wrote:
Sorry Claes, it was not My intention To disturb you or any body else, Just wanted To remark is not a Poch figure ,imo.

No worries, it was my fault for missunderstanding, I should have understood how it was meant, but I had a pretty bad day and probably wasn't thinking clear in the heat. It's been way warmer here then I can ever remember it being.

I'm sorry for over reacting. I really do appreciate the help.
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 9:29 am

It's at times like this I hate not being able to connect my good camera to the computer. I think I finally managed to get a little more correct color shot.

I have another bossk with faded limbs small c , would say that is a Kenner. But the fading doesn't look the same.

I've smelled some of my bossks and this one, and there is something but I can hardly smell anything from any of them.

It's a different kind of red, stronger and glossier. It's noticeably darker red then my other bossks.

The green is not like my other bossks but its not like the confirmed bossk. The scales are very visible unlike the other bossks.

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 Image10
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 9:39 am

Edit: My god these images look horrible on the computer lol. Sorry. The color on the legs though is more correct on that above picture. Damn iphone twisted it around as well.

This show red difference better. Sorry for double posts, writing from phone.
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 Image11
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 7:15 am

That bossk probably is something common, I didn't have any hopes up, just thought it was odd and it did look very close to the bought in spain pictures showed in earlier bossk posts.

A friend asked about this figure. I had trouble id it, do you think it's pbp?
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 Img_5312
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 Img_5412
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 Img_5413
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 Img_5417

He also had this lobot with disturbingly bad hands.
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 Img_5416
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 Img_5415
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 Img_5414

Last edited by Rawlin on Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 8:18 am

Rawlin wrote:
A friend asked about this figure. I had trouble id it, do you think it's pbp?

Hi Claes, Luke Bespin is the Dark Boots - Painted Hip version of the figure, this specific variation was a European variation, most common in the U.K. on Palitoy ROTJ 45 Back C cards and the ROTJ 65 Back D cards. He could also be found on Tri-Logo cards. This variation is generally referred to as PBP (like so many non-specific PBP figures) however no carded PBP examples of this figure exist, BUT these figures have turned up in Spanish childhood collections so it is an almost certanty that this figure could be found in Spain, but it is not a PBP specific variation.
The melt marks go in it's favour also as possibly originating from Spain, but again, not a certainty as this could happen else where, his hands are pink also, as opposed to the usual 'pale' hands (this figure could be found with either)

Here is one of my Dark Boots Bespin Luke's with 'melt marks' and the paler hand spray.

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 33a_lu10

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 33b_lu10

Hope this helps chief, not sure about the Lobot, but I have a Ben Kenobi with a similar hand, looks a bit like a casting error or something.

Anything you need to know about Bespin Luke though, click the link in my signature, and if the figure is for sale PM me Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 24 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 24 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next