The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 10:27 am

Great, thanks Wolff. Hey Wolff you said
"The other Han mentioned on my site is a normal boots color....really normal tan!....*coming soon*"
Would you mind letting us know when you post more info on this figure on your website as I would be very interested to see it and learn more about it. Thanks, -Steve
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 11:33 am

Hi Steve,

Amazing what a bit of lightning can do to a pic.

Either way, chocolate legs or other legs, one thing was for sure, and that is that you had an interesting POCH variant, we just didn't know which one. Very Happy

A bit like Forrest Gump (to stay within the chocolate context):

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 2:59 pm

About the dark brown Rebel Soldier:

Sofar I have understood that the pale face version was exclusive to PBP, whereas the pink face variant appeared on European cards.

Correct me when I am wrong.

How about the figure below? The face is pale but certainly has some pink as well.

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 3 IMG_6511

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 3 Th_IMG_6510THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 3 Th_IMG_6509THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 3 Th_IMG_6508

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 4:00 pm

smoke
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 5:02 pm

The pale pink you have shown is NOT a spanish exclusive IMO. And there is 4 face variants IMO! Wink
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 7:27 pm

These 4?
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 3 IMG_1408_Kopie
I love that picture Smile
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 12:27 pm

I was alreadyx digging for a pic, but yes these four.

- real creme pale (could be PBP release only)
- creme (more brownish) with a bit of flesh (similar to some PBP Luke Hoth etc) (could be PBP release only)
- Whitish plus pink (shown above)
- Pink

This is the only figure all four face variants can be found IMO. On other PBP/Tri figures we can find 2 or 3 of them but never all four. (Han Hoth 3, Dengar 3, Luke Pilot 2, Luke Hoth 3, etc)
Back to top Go down
Kenneth_B
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kenneth_B

PostSubject: Poch Leia Hoth   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 7:37 pm

2 x Poch Leia Bespin in my opinion (the pretty well known reddish brown hair and the much less known dark brown hair)! Different coo's too... And please take a look at the left shoe on the dark brown hair Leia!! Could of course be one of the common factory errors from Poch, but unfortunately I have no other Poch dark brown hair samples to compare it to..

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 3 2034767610068165688S600x600Q85

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 3 2451736380068165688S600x600Q85

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 3 2198925380068165688S600x600Q85

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 3 2937836490068165688S600x600Q85

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 3 2233967530068165688S600x600Q85
Back to top Go down
billcable
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 12:18 pm

Is there a list of confirmed figures found on 37/41 backs? I've only seen a handful of them total, and I'm curious which one have turned up.
Back to top Go down
Kenneth_B
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kenneth_B

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 12:31 pm

I think, that all 37 + some variants within those have made their appearence by now, but far from all of them can be classified as "confirmed"! Well don't know about the 2-1B and in general the Poch droids are still a mystery to most/all Poch collectors..? I think, that at least half of the 37 are 100 % confirmed by now, which is brilliantly pictured and described in Wolff's Poch guide! To me a few more are confirmed though.. Probably to Wolff too..? Smile
Back to top Go down
billcable
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 12:34 pm

Ah, see... that's what I was looking for! http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/poch/poch-variants/
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 1:44 pm

billcable wrote:
Ah, see... that's what I was looking for! http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/poch/poch-variants/

Glad you liked it Very Happy.

I hope to have the time to go on! I still have lots of unpublished stuff here!!
Back to top Go down
Kenneth_B
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kenneth_B

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 2:59 pm

Yeah and I'm taking a lot of your very limited spare time with sending Poch pics all the time.. Wink
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 3:22 pm

Kenneth_B wrote:
Yeah and I'm taking a lot of your very limited spare time with sending Poch pics all the time.. Wink

you have email btw Wink
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 12:56 am

Has JC had a chance to take a better picture of the MOC Leia Hoth? There seems to be 2 possible figures?? Smooth vs detailed chest emblem.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 4:19 pm

aussiejames wrote:
Has JC had a chance to take a better picture of the MOC Leia Hoth? There seems to be 2 possible figures?? Smooth vs detailed chest emblem.

I noticed that too! No matter what JC only has/had one MOC. So its stays a riddle to me why both molds seem to have appeared. (and JC ones has smooth emblem for sure btw)

edit:

I have seen:
- 3x green eyebrows...the rest head the other head scuplt with normal paint!
- 4x smooth emblem
- 6x detailed emblem

Heads are mixed up on those!

Two molds or mixed up parts??
Well we have two versions on other Poch figures too......though??

Back to top Go down
RetroRewindToys
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
RetroRewindToys

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 11:24 am

Hey All,
I acquired this figure a few months ago & have been meaning to ask if this was a Poch figure or not. The torso has melt marks & the stripe on the emblem is smaller but the legs don't seem to match up with other versions I have seen. Could it just be mixed up parts? Any help would be appreciated Very Happy Thanks!

Pat

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 3 RS1

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 3 RS2

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 3 RS3

Back to top Go down
http://www.retrorewindtoys.com
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 7:51 am

As you know Pat it's the wrong COO. Can you get a comparison picture with the Kenner version with the 'correct' COO for the POCH variant. That way we can compare arm colours & his white crutch Embarassed
I have melt marks on a Luke Bespin ( LL/PBP version so I think this trait alone is not signifcant ?)
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 2:23 pm

Quote:

There are several characteristics which can be seen on most of the Poch figures. These characteristics can of course also appear on other figures which are not produced in Spain. It’s important for me to stress that not every figure with dents, melt-marks,] “dripped” paint or faded/discolored hands is assumed to be a POCH variant. Poch figures are rare and it’s very unusual and nearly impossible to find those outside of Spain. The characteristics presented here do actually help identifying Poch figures and seem to be a part of the way Poch/PBP produced his toys in the early 80’s.

http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/poch/characteristics/

Please have in mind that all signs of poor quality of course can also appear in other factories. These are no identifications signs for 100%...just signs of poor quality! Wink

Where have you purchased it?
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 2:07 pm

Pat, i really would love to know where did you bought that RS Hoth?? :scratch:
Hey lads,you have to open your mind when it comes to PBP/POCH loose figures , i am sure that many "unknown" figures will flow in the future Wink
Back to top Go down
RetroRewindToys
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
RetroRewindToys

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 11:55 am

Hey guys,
Sorry for the delay & many thanks for the input! This figure came from Germany but I know the seller buys/sells on eBay so I don't where it originated. After reading Wolff's amazing Poch guide & learning about the mixed parts I just had to ask! I didn't buy it as a Poch figure or anything special, I noticed the melt marks on the auction picture & thought maybe it's something, maybe not. I definitely wanted to ask to see if it helped you guys at all. Thanks again for the input!
Pat

Back to top Go down
http://www.retrorewindtoys.com
mike-skywalker
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mike-skywalker

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 11:41 am

I would like to discuss a Han Solo with the same COO as the PBP Han. It´s actually not a PBP Variant, but I think this is the best thread to talk about it.
I just read the "new aquisitions" thread in Joe´s Trilogo Forum. Someone recently bought a Trilogo small blister Han Solo and I noticed the card contained the same strange Han Solo I bought 2 years ago. Unfortunatley my blister fall apart during shipping, finally I had the chance to have close look the figure. I haven´t seen any further of this variant during the last 2 years. Seems to be it is a very rare variant, but maybe you variant collectors could tell my I´m probably wrong.
This is the Han Solo I bought 2 years ago.
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 3 2189770510082165665S600x600Q85
Here´s a comparison shot of the Hans with PBP COO I got.
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 3 PBPHanSolos_zps9a79e3c1
1. no COO PBP Han Solo...only released on spanish ROTJ PBP cards
2. no COO PBP/Poch Han Solo...only released on late spanish ESB Poch cards
3. no COO EU variant...probably only released on Trilogo small blister cards.
4. no COO EU variant, released on ESB 45 Palitoy and ESB 45 German General Mills cards.
Number 3. from the Trilogo small blister card has got an unique face paint...also his face is very bright.
Do you know this variant? How many of you variant collectors do have this variant?
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 12:40 pm

Here you are the figures i have found in Spain so far:

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 3 Img_2010

1,2 & 3 Three different paint job styles on faces, "bronceated"Lili ledy style faces PBP Han´s
4 pale face PBP Han
5 & 6 Pink hands/Necks PBP Han´s( Two variants: DarK pink & light pink)
7 General Mills German Han( the same figure as # 6 but with lighter skin colour)

My number 5 seems to have the same paint job on eyes and eyebrows as your number 3 Han...I have documented only two examples of my # 5

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 3 Pbphan10THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 3 Img_2011

Back to top Go down
mike-skywalker
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mike-skywalker

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 1:16 pm

Sorry Javi...but I think that´s a different figure.
Your figures face isn´t bright enough and the pupils and eye brows are too large...also the hand color doesn´t match. Your number 5 has definatley pink hands.

I just asked the guy whith the small blister han, if he would be so kind sending me some close-up shots of the figures face.

Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 1:33 pm

Yeah , i know that is not the same figure, i was talking about the face's paint Job only,to me looks the same its just that due to the slight different size of my pict...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next