The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 4:19 am

Here's a better picture of the scar on the Vader leg the one on the left:

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 Sany1312

I think your right about the saber as well, seems abit odd, and that is the one one that I cant be a 100% about as well, it really is stiff in the arm as well, you practically have to for it out.
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 11:49 am

wow, really great pic Alex, thank you very much. As for your incorrect saber, at least you have the more sought after version of saber, just in the wrong figure Very Happy
Oscar i agree with what you say, i only label them all to be PBP because i didn't think that palitoy and Clipper actually produced their own figures. Rather that they were produced by PBP and shipped to Clipper and Palitoy for packaging under their own respective brands. Did Clipper and Palitoy produce their own figures?

hmm maybe this discussion should be moved to the Vader discussion thread rather than taking over the PBP/Poch thread. thinking

Sorry Marco
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 12:05 pm

Palitoy did produce there own figures, my boss's dad worked for an injection molding company in Leicester, who were contracted by Palitoy to produce Star Wars figures (at least the injection molding process) these where then boxed and sent for painting, assembling etc.

Is it worth mentioning, that both them Vaders smell really plasticy/chemically. Where as my others don't.

Quote :
As for your incorrect saber, at least you have the more sought after version of saber, just in the wrong figure

Good point Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 12:55 pm

chris.75 wrote:

hmm maybe this discussion should be moved to the Vader discussion thread rather than taking over the PBP/Poch thread. thinking

Sorry Marco

It is great to have this discussion here, after all some of these Vaders seems to have this chemical smell, which shouts PBP. Very Happy

Might be good to post a summary in the DV thread once we have a solid story.

Keep it going.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 1:44 pm

Ok , thanks marco we'll try and keep this going a bit. Alex thats good to know that Palitoy definitely produced their own figures, perhaps clipper did too. I dont suppose your bosses Dad can remember what the coo on his Palitoy DV's looked like? Ok, having just sniffed all 12 of my DV's (can't believe i'm smelling my figures now lol! ) the coo#8's definitely have the strongest chemical smell whereas the coo#9 deep scar is not so strong, but still has more of a smell than the regular kenner, Hong Kong coos. I just wonder why, if all of these variants are not PBP, why would all the european DV variants have the same leather cape, paint apps and loose limbs. If each DV variant was produced in different factories across europe, how come they are so alike and yet so different to the other Kenner hong kong coos? :scratch:

Edit: actually scratch that, i just went for another sniff of my coo#9 with a fresh nose and it is just as strong smelling as the coo#8. Unfortunately i don't have the blobbed out coo variants so i can't give them the sniff test. But as both the blobbed out coo#8's on this thread came from Spain my guess would be that they smell quite chemically too. Does anyone have a blobbed out coo#9 to test? (If a blobbed out coo #9 even exists)
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 2:58 pm

I always thought that Palitoy did injection molding of vehicles (Millennium Falcon, Cloud Car, Landspeeder,…) and playsets (Cantina, Land of the Jawas,…) but not figures. unsure

Last edited by Dr Dengar on Mon May 20, 2013 2:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 4:48 pm

Thanks for the summary Marco, As you say its probable that the coo#8 with the 'H' remaining and a melted down coo is exclusive to Spain. But if the coo#8 with 'H' remaining with a deep scar is also produced by PBP, why would it appear on Palitoy/ Clipper cards and baggies if Palitoy were producing their own figures?

It makes sense to me that coo#8 with 'H' remaining and melted down coo, came out first and then the mould was modified at some point (Perhaps when PBP started producing for Palitoy and Clipper) to become the coo#8 with 'H' remaining deep scar. Then perhaps modified again to become coo#9 deep scar with no 'H'. Although that is unlikely as there are the slight differences in moulds as highlighted in red on Wolffs coo guide.

Anyway, my main reason for asking these questions in the first place was because i didn't think that mine and Alex's deep scar coo's were coo#9's. And that if they were not, what were they? Also with the discovery of another coo#8 variant, just how many PBP coo's were there? But i think from receiving further feedback from folks. the general opinion is that they most probably are coo#9's. So i think we currently stand at 3 PBP variants unless a coo#9 with melted coo appears.
Back to top Go down
ackbar100
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 12:09 pm

New figure to the show.

tie pilot atat emblems and tie pilot regular one.

I love these figures

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 Varias071
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 Varias074
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 Varias073
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 Varias075

Next figure a poch one..... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.fantasycollectables.es
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 4:39 pm

Two PBP bad ass figures!! What a Face

NICE!
Back to top Go down
ackbar100
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 10:29 am

Although pbp tie pilots are not "difficult" to find, I love those figures.... and more if they are atat emblemes :-)

As promised, now I shift to poch one... By the way, cape is 100% genuine.

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 Varios094
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 Varios096
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 Varios097
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 Varios101
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 Varios103

Regarding my next action, it is time to something bigger.....

Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 11:19 am

Very nice POCH Bespin Leia!!! :Drool:
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
Kenneth_B
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kenneth_B

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 8:50 pm

Fantastic figures Ricardo! Kudos for that! Very Happy Finding a PBP Tie Pilot with almost perfect AT-AT Driver helmet and shoulder emblems is near impossible. Your Poch Leia Bespin with the reddish-brown hair, pale hands and unique (until it's proven otherwise) soft/highly detailed cape looks great also. Very tough figure to find and one of the cooler Poch variants imo.
Back to top Go down
Kenneth_B
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kenneth_B

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 9:13 pm

Now it's my time to show some pics LOL. Wink

Poch Leia Hoth variant with true black hair, smooth chest emblem and green eye brows. This Poch variant is also present in Wolff's Poch guide by the way. This Leia Hoth figure is as freaking odd and cool, as it's rare. Much, much rarer than the second Poch Leia Hoth variant with the brown hair, dotted chest emblem and "Tex Mex" face imo. The coo's are different on the two Poch Leia Hoth figures too! It took me a year+ to locate and buy this figure.

Please enjoy the pics:

I see now, that I forgot to "highlight" a small meltmark at the bottom of the yellow west in the last pic. Smile

Back to top Go down
Kenneth_B
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kenneth_B

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 9:23 pm

Now it's time for my personal favourite Poch variant of them all...

This Bossk figure doesn't need any more presentation, since it's one of the most well known and desired Poch figures:

IMG_2140

IMG_2144

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 2:44 am

Hey Kenneth, I agree the POCH Leia Hoth with the green eye brows and dark hair is very hard to find. Your figure is in VERY nice condition too!

Same for the three ( affraid ) POCH Bossks. I am not sure whether the green limbs are due to discolouration. It might also be that PBP (POCH) just used the wrong paint for a certain batch of figures. In that case you would also expect to see POCH Bossk figures with normal limbs.

Maybe like the one in Wolff's limelight....

http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/my-collection/poch/
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 2:58 am

Next figure.....R2-D2!!

Below you see pics made from three R2s, all orginating from Spanish childhood collections. A Kenner R2 is included on the left in every picture.

From left to right: (1) Kenner. (2) Spanish (unpainted dull dome, normal sized red eye). (3) Spanish (painted dull dome, small sized red eye). (4) Same as (3).
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 IMG_7203_zpsc88d095d

From left to right: (1) Kenner. (2) Spanish (unpainted dull dome, normal sized red eye). (3) Spanish (painted dull dome, small sized red eye). (4) Same as (3).
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 IMG_7204_zps1556a8eb

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 IMG_7206_zpsf01678a9

From left to right: (1) Kenner. (2) Spanish (painted dull dome, small sized red eye).
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 IMG_7207_zps6a42a9f0

From left to right: (1) Kenner. (2) Spanish (painted dull dome, small sized red eye).
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 IMG_7208_zps975fde6f

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 IMG_7209_zps976c6e19

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 IMG_7210_zps3dda3fb1

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 IMG_7211_zps575856b3

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 IMG_7212_zps841e2626

All three Spanish R2s have a duller dome compared to the Kenner figure. Two of them have a small red eye, the other with unpainted dome (factory error?) has a normal sized red eye.

The blue of the legs seems slightly darker, but the difference is very subtle.

I haven't checked the stickers yet, but I assume they are just normal Kenner stickers, following the theory that POCH (PBP) imported all figure parts and only painted and welded them: Class I figures (see page 30).

The screw underneath seems unique when looking at the different types pictured in the COO guide. I can imagine PBP did not import those but just used their own.

Remark: the Kenner R2 has a different COO compared to the Spanish R2s, cause I could not find the matching COO so easily.

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 IMG_7215_zps1d481665

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 R2d210

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 2:29 am

Trying to summarize the DV discussion... study

1) PBP/Palitoy/Clipper Vader

A Darth Vader figure having a scarred Hong Kong COO appeared on PBP 65-backs, Palitoy 65-backs,....and in Clipper baggies without anything printed on them (opposed to the "Made in Macau" Clipper baggies).

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 Darth_20

It is somewhat difficult to see the differences between COO#8 and #9 in Wolff's guide. They both look like scarred out COOs, with (COO#8 ) and without (COO#9) a remaining “H”. The differences between #8 and #9 are only minimal, and therefore could well represent a pair of steel molds.

Now take a look at Alex's picture (below). It shows the small differences between COO#8 and COO#9 more clearly and confirms what is said above.
Based upon the paired steel mold theory, the PBP/Palitoy/Clipper Vader can come with COO#8 and COO#9.

COO#8 (right). COO#9 (left).
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 Darth_10
Source: General Kahn.

Probably this Vader was produced in Spain by PBP, not in an Asian factory.

The PBP/Clipper/Palitoy Vader often comes with a thick "textured" cape, sometimes called leather cape or roguse cape. The cape has a little step on the edge.

snaggletooth wrote:

These accessories are what I got from Alex out of a damaged Clipper Baggie he opened.
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 Clipper6

The back has a small leather pattern.
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 Clipper4

The inside has a smaller leather pattern and is lined
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 Clipper3

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 Dsc_0424
Source: javiswspain.

More here:
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t3603-are-either-of-these-clipper-darth-vader-figures
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t3346-darth-vador-in-baggie
http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1092084/

2) Possible Spanish exclusive Vader

The Darth Vader figure which seems to be exclusive for Spain has a COO which looks different. It has a remaining “H” and a 'melted down' in stead of 'scarred out' COO.

Melted down COO.
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 PBP_Blobbed_Out_COO_Vader_zps38a02bdc
Source: Flycasual.

Might this COO be a transition going from COO#6 to COO#8/#9: unsure
  • COO#6: Hong Kong.
  • Melted down COO: Hong Kong still partially visible.
  • COO#8: Hong Kong scarred out with remaining "H".
  • COO#9: Hong Kong completely scarred out.

It could be imagined that only low numbers of these 'melted down COO' figures were produced. "Hong Kong" was still clearly visible on these figures and maybe that was the reason these figures were not exported outside of Spain (Just brainstorming here Very Happy ). Soon it was then decided to modify the steel moulds to completely remove "Hong Kong" to get COO#8/#9. These were then the figures appearing on PBP and Palitoy 65-backs and Clipper baggies.
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 3:15 am

An excellent summary of the Vader coo's Marco, clear and informative. thanks very much mate. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Back to top Go down
ackbar100
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 3:38 am

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked WWWOOOOOWWWWWW Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Kenneth..... awesome Leia Hoth!!!!!!! Really nice and in great shape. Well done. what can I say regarding the bossk??? they are stunnings. Great pictures shared here.

Dr Dengar..... I have great words for you too!!!!!!! Incredible R2D2 show!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

CONGRATULATIONS BOTH those great figures.
Back to top Go down
ackbar100
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 6:12 am

New and incredible stuff is surfacing around us... it is great Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Kenneth, you share with us an incredible Bossk POCH colection :Drool: :Drool: :Drool: :Drool: :Drool: :Drool:

Following your steps I want to share my 2 bossk. One is sure 100% pbp and the other one should be too but the way how it has been painted is a little bit different.....
Main features:
-extremely front fat lip
-black cross and black area under the neck
-white paint is more glossy than in the partner in the belt area in fron and back.
-Different paint in the white armour on the back

is this figure just a regular pbp one painted in a different way???
Maybe a transition figure???
Any other suggestion????

It is probably a pbp one too but I find this figure very interesting, don't you??

On the left, the "rare"? pbp and on the right the pbp one.

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 Varios135
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 Varios141
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 Varios143
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 Varios144
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 Varios146r
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 Varios147
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 Varios150

Next one: A zombie sw figure lol!

Back to top Go down
ackbar100
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 4:28 am

As I promised here you are a sw zombie Shocked Shocked Shocked

this figure has 2 factory errors. Sure you can find them.

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 Varios160
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 Varios156
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 Varios159
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 Varios166
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 Varios167
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 Varios171
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 Varios162

Nice zombie :-) The figure surprise for himself. C9.5 condition.

Next figure R2D2 to compare with Dengar show.

Back to top Go down
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
M4K3R1

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 6:15 am

Thank you Dr Dengar.
A perfect summary for Vader. cheers
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 6:56 am

ackbar100 wrote:
New and incredible stuff is surfacing around us... it is great Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Kenneth, you share with us an incredible Bossk POCH colection :Drool: :Drool: :Drool: :Drool: :Drool: :Drool:

Following your steps I want to share my 2 bossk. One is sure 100% pbp and the other one should be too but the way how it has been painted is a little bit different.....
Main features:
-extremely front fat lip
-black cross and black area under the neck
-white paint is more glossy than in the partner in the belt area in fron and back.
-Different paint in the white armour on the back

is this figure just a regular pbp one painted in a different way???
Maybe a transition figure???
Any other suggestion????

It is probably a pbp one too but I find this figure very interesting, don't you??

On the left, the "rare"? pbp and on the right the pbp one.

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 Varios135
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 Varios141
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 Varios143
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 Varios144
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 Varios146r
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 Varios147
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 Varios150

Next one: A zombie sw figure lol!

Great PBP Bossks you have there Ackbar 100!!
the one on the left looks like hand painted black cross and the black band near to the neck??? :scratch: :scratch: the white paint on back looks weird aswell...amzing contion on both anyway pirat
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 7:29 am

Dr Dengar wrote:
Next figure.....R2-D2!!

Below you see pics made from three R2s, all orginating from Spanish childhood collections. A Kenner R2 is included on the left in every picture.

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 IMG_7203_zpsc88d095d

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 IMG_7204_zps1556a8eb

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 IMG_7206_zpsf01678a9

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 IMG_7207_zps6a42a9f0

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 IMG_7208_zps975fde6f

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 IMG_7209_zps976c6e19

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 IMG_7210_zps3dda3fb1

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 IMG_7211_zps575856b3

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 IMG_7212_zps841e2626

All three Spanish R2s have a duller dome compared to the Kenner figure. Two of them have a small red eye, the other with unpainted dome (factory error?) has a normal sized red eye.

The blue of the legs seems slightly darker, but the difference is very subtle.

I haven't checked the stickers yet, but I assume they are just normal Kenner stickers, following the theory that POCH (PBP) imported all figure parts and only painted and welded them: Class I figures (see page 30).

The screw underneath seems unique when looking at the different types pictured in the COO guide. I can imagine PBP did not import those but just used their own.

Remark: the Kenner R2 has a different COO compared to the Spanish R2s, cause I could not find the matching COO so easily.

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 IMG_7215_zps1d481665

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 R2d210

Very interesting figure and IMHO one of the hardest to confirm as "Poch variant " or more correctly should be called" PBP -EIC(ESB) variant"
I have found 8-10 possible "Poch" diferent R2-D2´s.I have in may collection for instance those two R2´s BUT you can find aswell the painted dome one with big red eye and a few different blue paint on legs and different screw combinations...So is not easy to figure out if there are more than one ESB Spanish R2´s when you are handeling more than 10 different R2 found in Spain, :scratch: :scratch: I guess i have to investigate more study ....
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 7:51 am

Kenneth_B wrote:
Now it's time for my personal favourite Poch variant of them all...

This Bossk figure doesn't need any more presentation, since it's one of the most well known and desired Poch figures:

IMG_2140

IMG_2144

No wonder I can't find one of these variants in the wild :Drool:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 21 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next