The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
orangpendek
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 4:16 am

Dr Dengar wrote:

Maybe there are more collectors having a "Bubble Fett" in their collection?

Please share.

My #2 coo fett has the bubbles on the leg and it has white spots on the grey plastic[img]THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 Dsc00013[/img]
and bubbles on the wrist under the yellow paint[img]THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 Dsc00012[/img]
The paintjob on this figure is very sloppy the, orange looks almost fingerpainted , and you can see the orange fading into yellow in some places where the paint has a thinner coat.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 5:25 am

Bubble Fett Laughing I can't wait for some ebay seller to try & sell this as super rare ( just like a black Wampa lol! )

My opinion is these examples are not POCH, or PBP or ...... just anomolies that can be found in any figure BUT I have the exact same pair as Sulaiman:
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 Sdc12688
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 Sdc12689
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 Sdc12692
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 Sdc12693
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 Sdc12694
this also exhibits the same white degredation as orangpendek's example

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 Sdc12690
I also noticed this same groove in the rocket pack

The orange vs yellow paint I still think is thinner application
Back to top Go down
crealkilla
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
crealkilla

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 6:41 am

Nice James, we both have the same Fett.
Guess this version will turn up on ebay soon. Let's wait and see lol!
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 6:53 am

With the white spots & bubbles we can call it the Toltoys/POCH super rare variant- it's worth millions I tell ya :I am stupid: rofl
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 1:24 pm

Thanks Orangpendek and AJ for sharing your "Bubble Fett"pics. Big + earned!

So these bubbles are sometimes present on random spots on the limbs?

And are soemhow linked with COO #2?

These bubbles have no link with the factory (Spain, Far East) producing these Fetts?

Questions but no asnwers yet.

More Bubble Fetts around?

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
pattejan
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
pattejan

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 8:16 am

Here is my Bubble Fett. I bought him in the UK.

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 Bubble12

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 Bubble13
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 11:53 am

Hi Patrick, thanks for sharing those pics.

+ on your way. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 11:54 am

We have seen pics of different Bubble Fetts in the past week. The chance that they all have a Spanish origin is very small.

So my best guess at the moment is that these bubbles are not a POCH characteristic.
As AJ already mentioned, these small bubbles just seem to occur sometimes on random places on the limbs. Maybe it has something to do with the process conditions when the limbs were cast? (type of plastic used, cooling off too slow/fast?,....)

Sofar the bubbles seem to be linked with COO #2, I have no clue why? :scratch:

Any other thoughts?

Anyway, we probably will have to look for other traits (meltmarks, painting, welding cracks) when looking for a POCH Boba fett. To be continued....
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 3:57 am

To be honest:

I never saw bubbles in the plastic on any POCH figure!

What I personally described in my guide as a charateristic are bubbles in the paint!

http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/poch/characteristics/

In generell bubbles in the plastic can be from a damaged/not cleaned mold or sth went wrong while injection. So far I never noticed this problem on Poch figures!
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 4:44 am

Hey Wolff,

I was aware that bubbles in the paint are a specific POCH charactersitic (thanks to your guide Cool ).

I was just wondering whether it could be extended to bubbles in the plastic as well. Apparently not.

Would be great to have pics of a POCH Fett....
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 4:46 am

Dr Dengar wrote:

Would be great to have pics of a POCH Fett....

I agree....(means I have non...sorry)
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 9:33 am

wbobafett wrote:
To be honest:

I never saw bubbles in the plastic on any POCH figure!

What I personally described in my guide as a charateristic are bubbles in the paint!

http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/poch/characteristics/

In generell bubbles in the plastic can be from a damaged/not cleaned mold or sth went wrong while injection. So far I never noticed this problem on Poch figures!

I guess you have to see more Poch figures Wink

-Poch 3po, two different figures with the exact bubbles on head, they also have melt marks on back
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 Img_2310
a close up...
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 Img_2311

-One of my Poch IG minor variant, melt mark and bubbles on plastic...

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 Img_2312
Its difficult to see a Poch variant which contain most of the Poch carasteristics but here you are one:
-Poch AT-AT driver red emblems variant with melt mark on right leg(as usual on the Poch Ben),Bubbles on white paint...

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 Img_2313

...and bubbles on plastic...

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 Img_2314

-Poch Han Solo, melt marks and bubbles on plastic

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 Img_2315

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 Img_2316

i have many more of those examples...

The bubbles on the paint and in the plastic ARE NOT a Poch exclusive caracteristic IMHO, BUT are very usual.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 10:53 am

you think the ones on 3PO are in the plastic?? I have noticed same bubbles on other chromed figures or parts, but never thought its from the plastic :scratch: :scratch:

and forgot the ATAT driver....yeah...even PBP version has those often :/
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 11:07 am

Yeah Wolff, i think that the 3po bubbles are on the plastic, i think is near to imposdible that the same bubbles (due to bad paint job) were loccated in the same place in 2,3 or more figures which is the case, there are bubbles also on some poch death squad commanders If my memory serve me Well...
Back to top Go down
orangpendek
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 2:07 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:
We have seen pics of different Bubble Fetts in the past week. The chance that they all have a Spanish origin is very small.

So my best guess at the moment is that these bubbles are not a POCH characteristic.
As AJ already mentioned, these small bubbles just seem to occur sometimes on random places on the limbs. Maybe it has something to do with the process conditions when the limbs were cast? (type of plastic used, cooling off too slow/fast?,....)

Sofar the bubbles seem to be linked with COO #2, I have no clue why? :scratch:

Any other thoughts?

Anyway, we probably will have to look for other traits (meltmarks, painting, welding cracks) when looking for a POCH Boba fett. To be continued....

In the injection molding process bubbles form when the injection temperature is too high, when there's too much moisture in the material or when the cooling rate isn't uniform .
Melt marks or "ejector marks" can appear when the ejection force is set too high or by removing the part from the mold before it has properly cooled down. Dropping it on a surface while still hot or using a tool to remove the part from the mold will leave a mark.
Looks like where ever the bubble fett was produced they had some problems finding the correct setting for their injection molding machine.
This is not the only figure where production flaws match up with a certain coo, to this day every discolored jawa i have seen has a#1 or #2 coo and i can only find them in 2 countries.
I got my fett from a seller in holland, crealkilla and pattejan got theirs in the Uk and Dr. D found his in Spain, has anybody got an example from the US or is this a strictly european production flaw?
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 4:35 am

javiswspain wrote:
Yeah Wolff, i think that the 3po bubbles are on the plastic, i think is near to imposdible that the same bubbles (due to bad paint job) were loccated in the same place in 2,3 or more figures which is the case......
hmmm..I see...totally makes sense!

On the 3PO we can see (because the bubbles are really in the same place) that this is a steel-mold problem. If it would be from injection it would be in random places. So (at least sometimes) it is from the steel-mold (cheap copy??)
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 10:46 am

Below some pics of a Bossk figure which I bought from Spain recently, together with a Kenner figure for comparison.
Left: Kenner figure (COO#2). Right: Figure from Spain (COO #1).

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 Bossk12

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 IMG_6869

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 IMG_6870

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 IMG_6871

Typical for this figure:
  • COO#1
  • Greenish limbs (not so green as the POCH Bossk BTW). I am 99% sure this is because of discolouration, as Bossk's jumpsuit changed to a very pale yellow when comparing the limbs to the body.
  • Small chest cross
  • Typical PBP smell

Might this be a figure which was produced in Spain?

Or maybe it was just distributed in Spain? :scratch:
I have recently seen the same discoloured figure in a Spanish childhood collection. See pic below.
The guy told me this was the Bossk figure which he obtained with a PBP mail away. (Dengar/Bossk mail away).

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 Dia1

Any thoughts?

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 11:10 am

Below some pics of a 3-line C-3PO figure which I bought from Spain recently.

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 IMG_6875

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 IMG_6876

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 IMG_6878

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 IMG_6877

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 IMG_6879

You can obviously see signs of bad sonic welding. The figure also has small bubbles on the head, though a bit different pattern compared to Javi's C-3POs.
I checked briefly for any melt marks but haven't found any sofar. But I have to admit it is difficult to spot them on such a shiny golden background.

Compared to a Kenner 3-line C-3PO (left), this figure from Spain clearly has a 'warmer', more reddish gold paint.
I have another figure from Spain with the same characteristics, but could not find him this afternoon for making comparison pics. Crying or Very sad

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 IMG_6883

Just wondering, are we looking at a POCH C-3PO here? :scratch:

Back to top Go down
Starwizz
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Starwizz

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 5:44 am

Same COO, same apperance (greenish limbs, pale yellow jumpsuit on the limbs), also from Spain.

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 Bossk_15

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 Bossk_16

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 Bossk_17
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 8:05 am

Great pics., StarWizz! Thx! Very Happy

Who has the same type of Bossk in his collection?

And from where?
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 2:30 pm

Every brown headed Bossk with this coo has the same limbs Wink
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 2:49 pm

wbobafett wrote:
Every brown headed Bossk with this coo has the same limbs Wink

OK that is good to know. Thanks! Very Happy

Problem is that I don't have any other COO#1 in my collection to compare to.

AJ, could you check your Bossk COO#1 pls?
The head looks brown. How about the limbs? Greenish and pale yellow like my and StarWizz' Bossk? I am not sure when looking at the pic.

aussiejames wrote:
#1 , #2, #3, #4, #5
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 Jo6iM

Taken from: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4177-figure-of-the-week-thread-bossk
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 11:34 pm

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 Sdc12696
#1, 2x #2s & #3

#1- orange/brown head
#2s green heads- different coloured limbs & size of chest cross
#3 - orange head, faded limbs
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 Sdc12695

different limbs on one figure geek
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 $(KGrHqJ,!nwFBYWgVH3wBQn)PKNW-Q~~60_3

Last edited by aussiejames on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 12:39 am

Thanks for making a new pic, AJ! Very Happy

To me it seems your COO#1 has faded limbs as well, like the three Bossks figures which were obtained from Spain. Though in your figure, the fading is maybe less pronounced and the chest cross is bigger.

What do you think? Is it the same figure?

If so and supposing your figure did not come from Spain, this figure might just have been imported by PBP (like for instance the Taiwan Madine or ERG), explaining why it pops up in Spain as well.
Back to top Go down
javitc
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
javitc

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 4:25 pm

This is my first post, so first of all hello to everyone.
I´m from Spain. Though I'm not focused on collecting figures variations I have a nice POCH/PBP figures collection.
Here you have a photo of two of them. Luke Skywalker and Leia. The Luke figure is one of my favourites.
Hope you enjoy.

Last edited by javitc on Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next