The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1 - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1   Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1 - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 1:51 pm

It's great to see the latest adventures of Tiggy Larry. Don't forget the boob shots. Wink
Back to top Go down
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1   Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1 - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 7:31 pm

Great pics Larry!  It's great to see him visit Cherry Bomb Toys, that's a fantastic store.  Though I've only been there when half their inventory was gone to the Toy Show at Tillicum Place, so I hope to visit another time when everything is there.

I can't wait for my chance to take Tiggy around Kelowna, I know he's in the mail as we speak!
Back to top Go down
http://galacticheroes.wordpress.com
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1   Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1 - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 10:32 am

Great update Larry cheers

Looks like the museum was a lot of fun :clap:
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1   Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1 - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 10:45 am

Great pics, Larry!! cheers

For sure Tiggy must have enjoyed all the technical stuff in the museum.

Nice vintage shop BTW!
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1   Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1 - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 2:47 pm

Great pics Larry cheers Those old planes are pretty cool man Very Happy
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1   Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1 - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 6:07 pm

Great pics Larry, glad you're well again and got to show Tiggy around a bit more, and what better place than an air museum! Right up the old boys street Smile

Love the Spitfire, it's a thing of beauty and the greatest plane that has ever flown! My Granddad was an RAF engineer during the war, his job was fixing these and starting them up and stuff, many of which never came back Sad This was my childhood with my Granddad, Spitfires, engines and more Spitfires.

They host an armed forces day each year in Scarborough, the last three have had a fly past from a Spitfire, Hurricane and a Lancaster, truly great to see Very Happy

I look forward to seeing more of Canada with Jesse cheers
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1   Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1 - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 10:10 pm

Thanks guys and Alex yes the spit is a real cool bird I wish they had a mustang here as well that is my fav especially when the Brits put the Merlin engine in her I see a Lancaster and two Mustangs do a fly by all at once at the Abbotsford airshow I just love the sound of a Merlin engine.

It is cool your Granddad was an RAF engineer that would be a fun job I am going to see if I can volunteer at the museum.

But for now a few more pics of tiggies trip here before he left for the Okanagan

Dear Diary
I forgot to post these from my Victoria trip. I found another museum down the road from Larry's work I found out they had a star wars Lego event here in the summer that would have been cool.

I seem to be having a chicken shack flash back here I sure hope I don't fall into any wormholes
Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1 - Page 27 Photo0330_zps97ef94ab
Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1 - Page 27 Photo0331_zpsb05450be
ohoh got to stay alert for worms
Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1 - Page 27 Photo0306_zps4a0220da
I found a really nice gazebo here and it is almost the right size
Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1 - Page 27 Photo0333_zps3945f231

Hmmm this is how houses here looked before nice. Larry said that was the only way they heated the house in Newfoundland when he was young
Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1 - Page 27 Photo0335_zpsf649cd0a
Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1 - Page 27 Photo0336_zps61838844

He also told me this is how the schools looked dam he is an ojd fart.
Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1 - Page 27 Photo0337_zps88398205

I must get the message out
Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1 - Page 27 Photo0338_zpsb4e300e5

Lets see if I can play this thing
Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1 - Page 27 Photo0342_zpsc215103c

I am not sure what this but it looks nasty
Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1 - Page 27 Photo0328_zps893b0f99
Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1 - Page 27 Photo0329_zps5f21bebb
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1   Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1 - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 3:03 pm

Great pics Larry cheers

Very cool that Tiggy is getting to see some more museums around the world :clap:

CANADIAN CHICKENS  cheers

Either we're taking over the world  :cool laugh:

or it's part of the ...

Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1 - Page 27 Funny-10

Canada style ...

Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1 - Page 27 3ac57410

Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1 - Page 27 Chicke10
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1   Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1 - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 5:49 pm

Chickens! There everywhere!

Great update Larry Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1   Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1 - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:04 am

Hey guys, I just wanted to give you a heads up that I haven't forgotten about Tiggy! He's gone on one adventure with me, but I'd like to get a few more pics to make it worthwhile. I'll take very good care of him for the next few days as we approach Christmas.
Back to top Go down
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1   Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1 - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 12:06 am

Dear Diary,
It has been a strange month spent in Kelowna, Canada.  It is a city of around 100,000 people that is blessed with some of the warmest weather in the country.  It's not uncommon to experience +40oC in the summer, so the nearby Lake Okanagan is used frequently to keep cool.  However, I've been visiting during the month of December and into January, so it is the height of winter.  The weather was quite mild during December, averaging around +2oC.  That means outdoor activities can be enjoyed without freezing my ass off.  Er, I mean, without my uniform getting too cold.

My host in Kelowna is hopelessly addicted to geocaching, so this was our first adventure.  By using a handheld GPS device, we searched for hidden containers in the wild that have been hidden by other geocachers.  So basically these idiots spend hundreds of dollars on their electronic toys to use multi-billion dollar orbiting satellites to find Tupperware in the bush.  Anyway, he took me to the Mission Creek Greenway, a popular hiking and biking trail in Kelowna.  Once we reached GZ (ground zero, or the expected location of the geocache), we started looking in the bushes and under fallen trees until we finally made the find.  Hmmm... this might be kind of fun after all!

Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1 - Page 27 Img_2610

Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1 - Page 27 Img_2611

Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1 - Page 27 Img_2612

Our next adventure was trying snowshoeing.  My host bought snowshoes last year and quite enjoyed it, so the rest of his family bought them as well.  We headed out to the Telemark Trails, a fantastic place with many kilometres of cross-country skiing and snowshoeing trails.  We brought his daughters with us on this journey and these silly children spent as much time treking through the soft powder in the trees as they did following the trails.  Ah, but who can understand kids?  We managed to combine this expedition with a little geocaching and his younger daughter dug deep into the snow and found the geocache.  She quite proudly proclaimed her find and held me for a picture before heading off to explore more of the area.  By the time we all returned to the beginning of the trails, the kids were quite tired and my host was quite happy knowing they would sleep well that night.  

Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1 - Page 27 Img_2819

Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1 - Page 27 Img_2820

Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1 - Page 27 Img_2821

My latest experience occurred today.  Kelowna was hit with one of their largest snowfalls in a 24 hour period in a very long time, and in fact the children had a day off school because of it.  This "snow day" was the first one that has happened in 35 years!  Needless to say, the children were quite excited to stay home so they could play in the snow.  My host was quite excited to put his 4x4 truck to the test in the snow, especially since he has only owned it since the summer.  Many snow drifts were destroyed in the making of this adventure driving around town.  But multiple shovellings of his driveway were required to keep up with the snowfall, I believe they did it 5 times today.  I offered to help, but sadly they didn't have a shovel that was the proper size for me.  So I kept warm in their kickass GMC Sierra (his words, not mine, silly Canadian) while they completed their work.  The measuring stick in the snow in the 2nd picture is 3 feet long, so they certainly had to throw that snow around!

Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1 - Page 27 Img_3010

Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1 - Page 27 Img_3011

Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1 - Page 27 Img_2910

It's been an enjoyable time in Kelowna, I hope to have one more update this weekend before I continue my journey eastward into Canada.  Many thanks to those of you who have taken the time to read my ramblings, I hope it has been worth the wait.  I also hope to post a booby pic, his wife has a nice rack.

Humbly yours,
TIGGY
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1   Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1 - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 8:48 am

Well done Jesse.  I'm glad to see that Tiggy is having a great time playing in the snow looking for the geocaching treasures. cheers   Just remember to pack his long john's for his trip here, as winter has arrive here in Ontario as well. lol!
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1   Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1 - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 11:23 am

Great pics and story Jesse cheers

The suspense is killing me ... what the hell was in the Geocache lol!
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1   Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1 - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 12:41 pm

Great work and excellent photos, Tiggy and Jesse!
Like James, I want to know what was in the Geocache box, too thinking Please say it was full of candy, chocolate and mini bottles of spirits cheers
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1   Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1 - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 7:14 pm

Really great pictures Jesse cheers :clap:

We all want to know what's in the Geocache box :scratch: lol!
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1   Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1 - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 5:19 am

Very much enjoyed looking at Tiggy's new adventures in a snow covered landscape. Thanks for sharing, Jesse.
Geochaching must be big fun. And I also want to know what was inside the box. Very Happy

Jessevader08 wrote:
So basically these idiots spend hundreds of dollars on their electronic toys to use multi-billion dollar orbiting satellites to find Tupperware in the bush.  

lol! (quote of the week!)
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1   Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1 - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 6:45 am

I'm glad you enjoyed the pics guys! I should have thought to take a picture of the contents of the geocache. It contained a "travel bug", which is a trackable item meaning that I took it from the cache and deposited it into the next cache I found. It has a tracking code listed on it which I logged online at geocaching.com so that the original owner can follow its journey. Some of them put on thousands of kilometres all over the world!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1   Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1 - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 4:06 pm

If tiggy is still making rounds when things calm down for me, I wouldn't mind if he came here. Be nice to be able to contribute something again
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1   Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1 - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 4:21 pm

Chris_J wrote:
If tiggy is still making rounds when things calm down for me, I wouldn't mind if he came here. Be nice to be able to contribute something again

I think he needs to make a appearance at your wedding cheers

Alex is in charge of the list and would pop you in just about anywhere I'm sure What a Face
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1   Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1 - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 4:53 pm

Great update Jesse, glad the little man made it safely to his next Canadian stop off! cheers

Chris, nice to see you back chief, and fear not my friend, you are still on the list, just say the word when your good to go Bro and we'll send him your way Smile

General Kahn
Psybertech
TishomingoSith
ourchickenshack
Ozio
Arohk
Jessvader
Commander Clint
Kisstour
Walkie
Chris.75
Section 8
Nico
Chopper
General Kahn  Smile

Just waiting for the right moment:  Very Happy

Chris_J
Josh

Last edited by General Kahn on Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1   Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1 - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 4:35 pm

Just a quick update. Tiggy is making his way from British Columbia to Ontario. cheers
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1   Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1 - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 4:40 pm

Looking forward to seeing what adventures you take him on Clint. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1   Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1 - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 11:09 pm

Looks like tiggy had a great adventure Jesse and had lots of fun in the snow I don't remember what that looks like of course as we here in Victoria don't experience this strange white stuff you call snow lol.

I have a few friends who are into geocaching the wife told me I should try it. I will need to get a GPS unit first or resort to old fashion map reading Smile.
Back to top Go down
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1   Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1 - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 5:05 am

I'm glad you bumped this Clint, I'm looking forward to the next stop on Tiggy's Canadian tour!

Larry, geocaching is great. You'd be amazed how many caches are hidden out there and how diverse the hides are. From simple hides along a city street to epic hikes into the forest. If you've got an iphone, the official app from geocaching.com is $10, expensive for an app but much cheaper than buying a dedicated gps if you want to give it a try.
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1   Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1 - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 8:32 am

Cheers for the update guys, looking forward to Tiggy's visit with Clint Very Happy

Just a little heads up though my Canadian friends

Now this is not intended to rush anything, Tiggy can always have a brief visit and then continue on with his Canadian stay should we run out of time.
Tiggy need to be in the U.K. by the first week of March. This is because it's the Sci-Fi Scarborough 2015 event on the 14th & 15th of March.
This will be Tiggy's opportunity to not only hopefully meet a few TIG members in one go but will also be Tiggy's chance to meet Darth Vader, Bossk, Oola, Teebo and many others so kep this in mind guys Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1   Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1 - Page 27 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner). Part 1

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 27 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31 ... 36  Next