The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

No COO IG 88 figure....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lee_m
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Lee_m

No COO IG 88 figure.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No COO IG 88 figure....   No COO IG 88 figure.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 4:38 am

It would be great to find some moc examples on this particular figure. The spanish/uk connection is certainly there like so many other figures that Javi has mentioned. We certainly cannot call the ig a poch exclusive due to the UK/European found ones but the plausible explanation to me at least is that the figure parts were imported into the UK/Europe whether painted or unpainted :scratch:

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: No COO IG 88 figure....   No COO IG 88 figure.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 5:00 am

Hey Lee,

That's correct, rather unlikely that this IG88 figure is exclusive for POCH.

Do we know from which moment POCH/PBP started to produce their own figures in Spain located factories? Were the early POCH figures (released on 31 and 41 backs) already produced in Spain or were they still being imported from the Far East?

No COO IG 88 figure.... - Page 2 Esb_37-41b
Source: http://www.starwarsspanishstuff.info

BTW: I still need a right leg to complete my IG88 figure cause it came with two left legs. Poor Iggy.
Somewhere in Spain there must be a figure with two right legs. Let's start the Quest! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: No COO IG 88 figure....   No COO IG 88 figure.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 3:07 pm

an exclusive Poch figure....found in larger numbers in UK.....with no coo :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: ....seriously???

I always apreciate Javier thoughts, but Poch its definatley not IMO.

To me personally it belongs in the row with the so called PBP Bossk. It remains unclear for now.

And to add: the PBP Bossk was also found loose in Germany and on german cards......just to complete it....I dont want to say anything with that. (Please dont start a debate about german figures again....there is none! Wink )

On another note: It was released on ESB cards!!!!! Thats what I found most obscure!
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: No COO IG 88 figure....   No COO IG 88 figure.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 3:30 pm

wbobafett wrote:
an exclusive Poch figure....found in larger numbers in UK.....with no coo :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: ....seriously???

To me personally it belongs in the row with the so called PBP Bossk. It remains unclear for now.

And to add: the PBP Bossk was also found loose in Germany and on german cards......just to complete it....I dont want to say anything with that. (Please dont start a debate about german figures again....there is none! Wink )

On another note: It was released on ESB cards!!!!! Thats what I found most obscure!
IMO a determinate coo on a figure (i.e NO COO) does means nothing to determinate its origin, as you already know...
i think i have never said that IG88 is a POCH exclusive unsure , i just said that that figure have POCH caracteristics....Those POCH caracteristics at one point maybe are just factory errors or overstock imported from the asian factories and packed in Spain Uk, or everywhere else.
BTW there is no single MOC IG88 on POCH card known to exist ,so is imposible to confirm it...
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: No COO IG 88 figure....   No COO IG 88 figure.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 4:31 pm

javiswspain wrote:
wbobafett wrote:

IMO a determinate coo on a figure (i.e NO COO) does means nothing to determinate its origin, as you already know...
i think i have never said that IG88 is a POCH exclusive unsure , i just said that that figure have POCH caracteristics....Those POCH caracteristics at one point maybe are just factory errors or overstock imported from the asian factories and packed in Spain Uk, or everywhere else.
BTW there is no single MOC IG88 on POCH card known to exist ,so is imposible to confirm it...

I had a looong working day today....so excuse me if I overread some important words! My main intend was to stop the "fire" before it burns. I know what you ment and it is apreciated here. Other parties will label it at once I thought, so answered a nit harsh which wasnt pointed at you Javier!!

I agree in some points...but the coo (and a fact IMO is: Poch/PBP didnt altered coos in the early area IMO) and the very hardish feeling and heavy torso speak very heavily against it beeing Poch.

I know that there is only a cardback known that survived....but maybe we are lucky one day to see a MOC one??? Who know.

Back to top Go down
olisuds
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
olisuds

PostSubject: Re: No COO IG 88 figure....   No COO IG 88 figure.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 6:58 am

I agree with Wolff and Lee. I don't think it could be called a POCH. Not the right COO and not exclusive to Spain.

I also don't think it would be correct to call it PBP since once more its not exclusively found in Spain and whilst it is quite a strong possibility that PBP may have produced it - there isn't any proof of that.

I hope this doesn't become one of the many variants to be wishfully labelled PBP.

In my mind it's a Euro variant until someone finds a MOC to prove otherwise
Back to top Go down
mike-skywalker
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mike-skywalker

PostSubject: Re: No COO IG 88 figure....   No COO IG 88 figure.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 10:38 am

Yeah. Found also a noo COO IG-88 with solid eyes. celebrate
Actually a friend of mine found it, but he doesn´t collect Variants anymore and was only interested in the ROTJ Meccano Cardback.
http://cgi.ebay.fr/STAR-WARS-LE-RETOUR-DU-JEDI-1983-IG-88-/221022159500?pt=FR_YO_Jeux_StarWar&hash=item3375f2828c
Back to top Go down
pattejan
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
pattejan

PostSubject: Re: No COO IG 88 figure....   No COO IG 88 figure.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 1:14 pm

Congrats Mirco! cheers
I am still looking for one.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: No COO IG 88 figure....   No COO IG 88 figure.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 2:44 pm

I'm still grumpy someone got a seller to end an auction early Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No COO IG 88 figure....   No COO IG 88 figure.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No COO IG 88 figure....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2