The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

No COO IG 88 figure....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
REDFIVE
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

No COO IG 88 figure.... Empty
PostSubject: No COO IG 88 figure....   No COO IG 88 figure.... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 7:52 am

hello,

Im sure this is nothing groundbreaking but until recently i didnt really pay too much attention to COO's for every figure. I have this no COO IG 88 that is different to any on the COO guide.....it feels different to others i have had and has extra plastic in certain areas (like on it feet)..... please could you offer your thoughts! thanks.
No COO IG 88 figure.... Ig88003
No COO IG 88 figure.... Ig88002
No COO IG 88 figure.... Ig88001
No COO IG 88 figure.... Ig88004
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: No COO IG 88 figure....   No COO IG 88 figure.... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 8:12 am

No COO IG 88 figure.... Ig8811
#3 is it's 'ancestor' ie. Item number: 350555191695

did you recently get it?
Back to top Go down
REDFIVE
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: No COO IG 88 figure....   No COO IG 88 figure.... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 9:40 am

James,

Thanks for the response. Yeah i thought 3 looked closest, however there appears to be no trace of a scarred coo at all. Also I thought the extra bits of plastic and some circle type marks were a bit odd.....? does this all make sense???? Oh and yes I recently got it.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
RetroRewindToys
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
RetroRewindToys

PostSubject: Re: No COO IG 88 figure....   No COO IG 88 figure.... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 11:13 am

never seen that one before! nice pick up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.retrorewindtoys.com
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: No COO IG 88 figure....   No COO IG 88 figure.... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 1:13 pm

Thats a known coo variant! Its very interesting too.....but before I write my thoughts about it, I would like to know where you have purchased it???

First note: This no coo variant has full eyes....the other no coos have hollow eyes Wink. That already makes this figure a bit special!

Second note: Did you notice that the body is very "heavy"?? This IG feels more heavy in hand then all others Wink

Wolff

Last edited by wbobafett on Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: No COO IG 88 figure....   No COO IG 88 figure.... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 1:19 pm

It is the same COO as this factory error IG-88. I called it COO #7.

No COO IG 88 figure.... IMG_5781

Mine doesn't have the extra plastic pieces on the feet. Instead it has one extra left leg. Very Happy

Apart from the obvious factory mistakes, this figure is also different with respect to:
- the glossiness of the used metallic finish
- the stiffness of the limbs, the limbs are made of very hard plastic
- the colour of the sensor 'spots' on the head

It came from Spain, maybe that helps.

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t3803-cool-factory-error-ig-88

EDIT: hey Wolff, good that you chimed in, we need some variant knowledge in this thread. Very Happy

Last edited by Dr Dengar on Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: No COO IG 88 figure....   No COO IG 88 figure.... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 1:23 pm

Mine has both....left overs on the arm and the feet on the injection points. The leftover on the arms are quite huge...its real pins (about 4-5 mm long!)

No matter what...these are injection points....thats why this can vary and doesnt mean anything! (besides its late and poor quality!.....more seen on lefty from Marco...even worse quality!)
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: No COO IG 88 figure....   No COO IG 88 figure.... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 1:28 pm

wbobafett wrote:
(besides its late and poor quality!.....more seen on lefty from Marco...even worse quality!)

Hey, don't get personal now, what is wrong with my left side? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: No COO IG 88 figure....   No COO IG 88 figure.... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 1:42 pm

ooooops...forgot the smilie.....Your "lefty"

........sucks!!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Better now??

Have you noticed this Marco:

wbobafett wrote:

First note: This no coo variant has full eyes....the other no coos have hollow eyes Wink. That already makes this figure a bit special!

Second note: Did you notice that the body is very "heavy"?? This IG feels more heavy in hand then all others Wink

Back to top Go down
REDFIVE
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: No COO IG 88 figure....   No COO IG 88 figure.... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 1:45 pm

wbobafett wrote:
Thats a known coo variant! Its very interesting too.....but before I write my thoughts about it, I would like to know where you have purchased it???

Wolff

Wolff,
Thanks for the reply. I just noticed overall it was different. The extra plastic on the feet and arms, along with the COO being different made me curious. The overall finish is "rough" but the figure is in good condition. Im not sure about it being heavy, the plastic smells different. Can you enlighten me further?
Thanks. Dan.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: No COO IG 88 figure....   No COO IG 88 figure.... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 2:16 pm

wbobafett wrote:
ooooops...forgot the smilie.....Your "lefty"

........sucks!!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Better now??

LOL, much better, thanks!!!

2 weeks ban to Bielefeld!! Very Happy

wbobafett wrote:

Have you noticed this Marco:

Two times Yes. The plastic of the limbs is also very hard, much less flexibele.
Back to top Go down
olisuds
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
olisuds

PostSubject: Re: No COO IG 88 figure....   No COO IG 88 figure.... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 4:59 pm

And the conclusion is? Smile

Euro variant????
Back to top Go down
REDFIVE
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: No COO IG 88 figure....   No COO IG 88 figure.... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 10:52 am

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread, however I still don't feel like I know what this variant is.......can anyone add anything?????
Thanks, Dan.
Back to top Go down
olisuds
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
olisuds

PostSubject: Re: No COO IG 88 figure....   No COO IG 88 figure.... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 11:27 am

Dan, I think there are others in this thread more knowledgable about this but my opinion or guess for what its worth is that it's a Euro variant. Certainly the no COO, hard torso, fine detail and strong smelling plastic would indicate that. It may have been produced by PBP (no way to tell for sure) but likely released through out Europe. Therefore since it isn't exclusive to PBP cards ( I am presuming this unless there has just been a new PBP discovery) then the best term to describe would be Euro variant. 
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: No COO IG 88 figure....   No COO IG 88 figure.... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 1:07 pm

I would like to hear first where this figure was bought....then we can make up some theories! We have now varoius countries where this have been found....thats a problem!

The next problem is that before Marco posted his figure only Uli and me had one of those and only we (maybe 2 or 3 more collectors I told) knew about that figure!

Its...well....more likely a "new" discovery...not well known!

I personally think its like Oli said. I also think that its not PBP exclusive nor PBP produced....the material maybe different...but its NO PBP material IMO.......my guess would be GB and Germany....of course they mainly appeared there...werent produced there.....

Any country???

We have now:
1x Spain
2x GB (I think Uli found quite more there then just one...not sure to whom he sold them??!?!)
1x France? (well this one never arrived at my home.....sadly.....so its not confirmed!)
Back to top Go down
REDFIVE
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: No COO IG 88 figure....   No COO IG 88 figure.... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 1:18 pm

Ok, I see. I can't help much other than to say it was on ebay! It wasn't even advertised as a no COO......
Back to top Go down
olisuds
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
olisuds

PostSubject: Re: No COO IG 88 figure....   No COO IG 88 figure.... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 1:26 pm

I think Wolff is asking where (location) you bought it from? Since you are in Norwich then I'm presuming it was the UK and since the seller didn't know much about COO's it seems then it would be a reasonable chance that it originated from the UK.

As Wolff said there were no figures actually produced in the UK so it was either made in Spain (which Wolff seems to think it isn't) and sold across Europe or made somewhere in Asia and sold across Europe. Probably no way to determine which of these is true so "Euro Variant" seems the most likely.
Back to top Go down
REDFIVE
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: No COO IG 88 figure....   No COO IG 88 figure.... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 1:43 pm

Yeah sorry, I did say the COO thing was new to me! Doh. It was ebay UK.
Back to top Go down
RetroRewindToys
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
RetroRewindToys

PostSubject: Re: No COO IG 88 figure....   No COO IG 88 figure.... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 3:00 pm

Well add me to the list of owning one of these as well. I thought I bought COO #5 but once it arrived I realized that wasn't the case! Happy to get it but I still need #5...(hint, hint) lol!
Mine came from the UK as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.retrorewindtoys.com
REDFIVE
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: No COO IG 88 figure....   No COO IG 88 figure.... I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 5:16 am

RetroRewindToys wrote:
Well add me to the list of owning one of these as well. I thought I bought COO #5 but once it arrived I realized that wasn't the case! Happy to get it but I still need #5...(hint, hint) lol!
Mine came from the UK as well.
Cool man, its an interesting variant. I have, however traded mine for something more in line with my collection.
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: No COO IG 88 figure....   No COO IG 88 figure.... I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 5:56 am

wbobafett wrote:
I would like to hear first where this figure was bought....then we can make up some theories! We have now varoius countries where this have been found....thats a problem!

The next problem is that before Marco posted his figure only Uli and me had one of those and only we (maybe 2 or 3 more collectors I told) knew about that figure!

Its...well....more likely a "new" discovery...not well known!

I personally think its like Oli said. I also think that its not PBP exclusive nor PBP produced....the material maybe different...but its NO PBP material IMO.......my guess would be GB and Germany....of course they mainly appeared there...werent produced there.....

Any country???

We have now:
1x Spain
2x GB (I think Uli found quite more there then just one...not sure to whom he sold them??!?!)
1x France? (well this one never arrived at my home.....sadly.....so its not confirmed!)

I have got one ,Add an other found in Spain Smile
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: No COO IG 88 figure....   No COO IG 88 figure.... I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 1:12 pm

we have one more from UK What a Face

edit: not mine!
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: No COO IG 88 figure....   No COO IG 88 figure.... I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 1:41 pm

Okay....spain and UK....mainly.

I would be interested in Javier's thoughts.

(IMO...it looks like the PBP Bossk....can be found in Spain and UK. Origin is totally unclear!?!?!?!)
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: No COO IG 88 figure....   No COO IG 88 figure.... I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 5:57 pm

wbobafett wrote:

Any country???

We have now:
1x Spain

Well, its hard to figure out the origin of this kind of figures IHMO.

My oppinion is based in what i have found so far here in Spain, of course i could be wrong,please excuse me if i am...

Lets review what info we have so far.

There are a lot of figures "ALMOST" Identical each other (and i have said “ identical “but not the same figure) which can be found all arround Europe, but according with what we know so far just Spain was the only one with inject plastics factories at that ponit .

To my mind comes the following examples of figures that you can be found in Spain and Europe(BUT with slight differences in the paint application and colours) there are must be more I know … In these cases all of that figures have the tipycal PBP plastic.

France:

Luke hoth with pink face
Bossk with fat lips
Tie pilot (with lowers emblems position than the PBP)
CCP hard torso
Rebel soldier with pink face

UK:
Bossk with fat lips
Luke Bespin
Chewie
Dengar
AT-AT Commander
AT-AT driver
Luke Pilot.
Black bespin guard
Snaggle
Greedo
Hammerhead
Walrusman
Vader
Han hoth

Germany:

Luke bespin
Dengar
AT-AT driver
Luke Pilot

Belgium:

VAder

And many more…

Im my opinion Spain could had exported those figures to all those countries OR maybe only the plastics to be painted in the destination and packed , this theory could explain why they are a bit different but have genuine PBP plasticts for sure.

In the exact case of the IG88, that figure IMO, have no PBP plastic as Wollf said, I would include this figure in the POCH era.The figure have tipycal sings of POCH figures, I mean:
Melt marks , mold defects and small” bubles” on the plastic due to a poor plastic injection .
I have 6 possible POCH IG88 with that sings with different COOs
An other possiblilitie is that ALL the Euro Factories import overstock or factory errors from the asian factories .
We will never know ...

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: No COO IG 88 figure....   No COO IG 88 figure.... I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 2:45 am

javiswspain wrote:

In the exact case of the IG88, that figure IMO, have no PBP plastic as Wollf said, I would include this figure in the POCH era.The figure have tipycal sings of POCH figures, I mean:
Melt marks , mold defects and small” bubles” on the plastic due to a poor plastic injection .
I have 6 possible POCH IG88 with that sings with different COOs
An other possiblilitie is that ALL the Euro Factories import overstock or factory errors from the asian factories .
We will never know ...

Javi, great that you chimed in, and shared your observations. cheers

My COO #7 IG-88 came with a small lot of POCH figures (Lando black neck, Han Hoth chocolate legs were among them). That's why I thought there was a chance that this IG88 would be POCH as well. Add to that, that this articular figure is cast in a "heavier" plastic, has a rare COO, and is non welded (POCH figures often have cracks because of bad welding), the chances of the figure being POCH were rising.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No COO IG 88 figure....   No COO IG 88 figure.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No COO IG 88 figure....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next