The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Time to start a figure focus now to figure out what one :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

Time to start a figure focus now to figure out what one :) Empty
PostSubject: Time to start a figure focus now to figure out what one :)   Time to start a figure focus now to figure out what one :) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 10:37 pm

Hey guys I just realized in all this time I have been collecting one thing I never done was start a figure focus like most of you have one that is from various makers Chris has his Vaders, Jason has his 2-1b focus he is working on Alex has his Lando skiff ones etc, I would like to try to get a figure focus going myself from all the different lines I do have a few already Like a Tri-Logo stormie and a dark armour Dengar PBP figure but no blaster speaking of which is the blaster the same as the regular Kenner one or different.

So I figured you all would be the best to ask for help finding out what figure would be the easiest/cheapest to go after like I would guess a stormtrooper would be a more expensive one but what about Dengar I figured I may as well start with ones I may already have, I am thinking of going for only loose ones as I can display them more easily. So any ideas would be helpful at this point then it will be research and more research to see how many line of the figure I chose is in.

And if anyone has any I need I would prefer to buy/trade with you all here as I trust you guys more then the people seeling on ebay Smile.

Thanks all

Larry
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Time to start a figure focus now to figure out what one :)   Time to start a figure focus now to figure out what one :) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 10:48 pm

Fx-7. One and done. lol!

Just kidding.  The Dengar I imagine would be the easiest as a Kenner and the darker euro version are really the only different paint schemes I can recall.  Since your talking loose there really isn't a huge expanse on a lot of later figures.  The ones with the broadest focus are the early figures.  They were produced all the way from the Star Wars 12 backs to the last return of the Jedi card so they have the broadest amount of variants.  You rely don't want a one and done figure, but some would be very expensive (Luke farmboy Orange hair comes to mind). Personally it needs to be a character that you like and have a connection to.  I know a broad one with still relatively cheap loose figures that can all look drastically different is Yoda.  usually in the 20-30 U.S. range unless you go for ledy loose or carded, and even the ledy loose isn't that bad yet like most other ledys right now.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Time to start a figure focus now to figure out what one :)   Time to start a figure focus now to figure out what one :) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 5:53 am

Agree with Bryan, ultimately you should choose something you connect to and beyond that go for something broad and versatile. By versatile I mean a character that can also be associated with certain vehicles or play-sets if you wanted to ever extend your focus.

I chose Luke X-Wing Pilot because I remember being chuffed as a kid when I could turf Luke Farmboy out of the cockpit of my Pali X Wing fighter and replace him with his orange-uniformed murdering bastard other self Smile

X-Wing and Luke pilot - for me it's hard to separate the two as to which I like best - so I collect both cheers

My small and humble focus has taken ages to grow (a good thing I think!) and I always shift between adding a new figure or a ship or even related oddball stuff. This, for me, always keeps the focus fresh and interesting.
Back to top Go down
Section 8
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Section 8

PostSubject: Re: Time to start a figure focus now to figure out what one :)   Time to start a figure focus now to figure out what one :) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 1:35 pm

If you've not chosen a figure by now, you may never do. I found collecting one figure soon became boring and craved examples of many others. So I chose to focus on all pilots, drivers and scouts to widen it from one figure.

My latest purchases were a R2 and a Leia Endor mocs. Rolling Eyes

Sometimes it just doesn't work.

Collect everything. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.familytreeman.co.uk
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Time to start a figure focus now to figure out what one :)   Time to start a figure focus now to figure out what one :) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 4:12 pm

Well now I know I need to get my hobby/collector room done as I didn't even realize I have the starting of my fav figure Han Solo ever since I seen star wars for the first time back in the 70's I just loved the character Han he was also one of the two figures I got when they were released for Christmas I still have both C3-P0 was the other. anyway I was going through what I pulled out and it seems I have a Han from every movie and one lil ledy now I just need to get one from everywhere else, I also have a few Leia ones plus some others. So when I get a bit organized I will show them off.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Time to start a figure focus now to figure out what one :)   Time to start a figure focus now to figure out what one :) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 4:32 pm

Han is a great focus. Especially if your just going Han Solo for it and not say Han bespin, or Han hoth, or etc.. Not that there is anything wrong with focusing on a specific figure release, but for a loose collector you can sure go further if you go for Han Solo across all variants instead of one specific release. And for a loose collector the Han hoth is probably going to have the most differences. Seems his pants color comes in a whole slew of browns and tans. This will be a great focus and keep you busy for a while. Also if you broaden into carded samples I think some of the trench coat, hoth, and bespin are still affordable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time to start a figure focus now to figure out what one :)   Time to start a figure focus now to figure out what one :) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time to start a figure focus now to figure out what one :)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1