The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Unusual hard body different sculpt Luke Farmboy and clues folks..??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Neonboy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

Unusual hard body different sculpt Luke Farmboy and clues folks..?? Empty
PostSubject: Unusual hard body different sculpt Luke Farmboy and clues folks..??   Unusual hard body different sculpt Luke Farmboy and clues folks..?? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 4:14 pm

I am trying to figure out where this figure fits...?
appears to be a hard torso with a different sculpt to the back of the shirt above butt.
it is also several grams heavier than a normal figure...
(BTW anyone else thought of weighing figures for variant country manu. specifics )
so, back to Luke, - see the indent.. there
head may not be original- noticed it was attached with a pin.
any clues fellow variant hounds..??
obviously a fake saber ,--
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Back to top Go down
http://neoneonart.com
frunkstar
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
frunkstar

PostSubject: Re: Unusual hard body different sculpt Luke Farmboy and clues folks..??   Unusual hard body different sculpt Luke Farmboy and clues folks..?? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 4:53 pm

I don't have much in the way of constructive input, but have noticed that the belt buckle also seems to be a little different or is it just the angle of the photo/lighting?, as the one in question does not seem as defined.

Good idea about weighing figures & one I had never considered, till now - great tip!

I will be tagging along with interest.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Unusual hard body different sculpt Luke Farmboy and clues folks..??   Unusual hard body different sculpt Luke Farmboy and clues folks..?? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 5:19 pm

I think that may be the angle the photo is shot from, one leans to the left, other to the right. Plus is the head glued on or something? Looks like glue residue under it. That could add weigh to the figure overall.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Unusual hard body different sculpt Luke Farmboy and clues folks..??   Unusual hard body different sculpt Luke Farmboy and clues folks..?? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 5:34 pm

The figure looks very strange Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
Panastur
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Panastur

PostSubject: Re: Unusual hard body different sculpt Luke Farmboy and clues folks..??   Unusual hard body different sculpt Luke Farmboy and clues folks..?? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 5:35 pm

I am almost sure this figure has been heated.... Just look at the burned area on the torso and shoulder (yellow area)
The body has melted and left this currious sculpt.

JC
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Unusual hard body different sculpt Luke Farmboy and clues folks..??   Unusual hard body different sculpt Luke Farmboy and clues folks..?? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 5:41 pm

JC, now that you mention, it does look like it. Plus I looked closer at the head and its sitting off center to the left more than normal. So guess the head is glued on. The old heads were on stem compared to later ones where the body had the stem. Changing heads was a bitch and the only way is the boil and pop method. Great eye.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Unusual hard body different sculpt Luke Farmboy and clues folks..??   Unusual hard body different sculpt Luke Farmboy and clues folks..?? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 6:03 pm

Neonboy have you found weight differences in other figures? I think many of us have weighed coins & I've weighed a Droid factory base to determine an oddity, I'm not sure if I'm prepared to open a can of worms and weigh figures. The more detailed torso may be from a 'new' mold ie. less worn/used. It does certainly look like heat has been involved.
Back to top Go down
Neonboy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: look at the back of the figure    Unusual hard body different sculpt Luke Farmboy and clues folks..?? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 6:45 pm

Chris_J wrote:
JC, now that you mention, it does look like it. Plus I looked closer at the head and its sitting off center to the left more than normal. So guess the head is glued on. The old heads were on stem compared to later ones where the body had the stem. Changing heads was a bitch and the only way is the boil and pop method. Great eye.

look at the back of the figure- the area between the legs. - the sculpt of the shirt indents- i realize the pix does not show in great light - but if you angle your screen to see the depression of the sculpt on the shirt it is disctinctly different.
yes the head is pinned on and may not be legitimate to original figure. - and the figure looks like it was under some distress. i.e. heat or something but it also the hard torso plastic, the denser plastic on stormys, r2s and etc, it does not appear the limbs and arms were re attached to the figure seems welded solid.
?? im stumped..
again concentrate on the back between the legs on the shirt..
anyone seen this?? anywhere-- its the only one out of my 70 or so lukes that has this depression- it is not melted or worn looks clean and original .
best
r.
Back to top Go down
Neonboy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: weight of figures   Unusual hard body different sculpt Luke Farmboy and clues folks..?? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 6:47 pm

aussiejames wrote:
Neonboy have you found weight differences in other figures? I think many of us have weighed coins & I've weighed a Droid factory base to determine an oddity, I'm not sure if I'm prepared to open a can of worms and weigh figures. The more detailed torso may be from a 'new' mold ie. less worn/used. It does certainly look like heat has been involved.

yes i have- hard torsos are heavier. and i need to go back to my notes to give you a list.
but that should be another thread
best
r
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Unusual hard body different sculpt Luke Farmboy and clues folks..??   Unusual hard body different sculpt Luke Farmboy and clues folks..?? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 7:07 pm

I think JC has hit it on the head, if you look at the buckle is also has a bit of the same indentation that's on his ass, could heat also harden the plastic?
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Unusual hard body different sculpt Luke Farmboy and clues folks..??   Unusual hard body different sculpt Luke Farmboy and clues folks..?? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 7:11 pm

Unusual hard body different sculpt Luke Farmboy and clues folks..?? Lukeback

I was looking at the bit on the belt, we're talking about the part below the belt ? ( Suspect )
Back to top Go down
Neonboy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: ?   Unusual hard body different sculpt Luke Farmboy and clues folks..?? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 7:13 pm

snaggletooth wrote:
I think JC has hit it on the head, if you look at the buckle is also has a bit of the same indentation that's on his ass, could heat also harden the plastic?
that much heat would have destroyed the paint I think it is to consistent as well ,the rear area looks like it was molded as such not heat issues.
anyone else have one?

aussies pix with the redlines better detalis the area..thanks aussie!
best
r.
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Unusual hard body different sculpt Luke Farmboy and clues folks..??   Unusual hard body different sculpt Luke Farmboy and clues folks..?? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 7:29 pm

Neonboy wrote:
snaggletooth wrote:
that much heat would have destroyed the paint I think it is to consistent as well ,the rear area looks like it was molded as such not heat issues.
anyone else have one?

best
r.

Not if it was a small flame concentrated on the white plastic, if you look at the back of the belt the paint is damaged.
Back to top Go down
Neonboy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: maybe a flame afer all- ??   Unusual hard body different sculpt Luke Farmboy and clues folks..?? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 9:58 pm

snaggletooth wrote:
Neonboy wrote:
snaggletooth wrote:
anyone else have one?

best
r.

Not if it was a small flame concentrated on the white plastic, if you look at the back of the belt the paint is damaged.

I pulled out and res hot- maybe the flame theory is correct.. thanks
here is the exact figure- un melted- same harder torso plastic which yellows/ fades out easily. -
you see the circle area. now in the dented in figure..
thanks all
for the help-
stilll is an oddity- i must admit.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Unusual hard body different sculpt Luke Farmboy and clues folks..??   Unusual hard body different sculpt Luke Farmboy and clues folks..?? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 7:30 am

aussiejames wrote:
I'm not sure if I'm prepared to open a can of worms and weigh figures.

OK I had the scales out Embarassed Ledy stormies are 15.4-15.7g Hong Kong ones are about 14.5 Suspect :scratch: Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Unusual hard body different sculpt Luke Farmboy and clues folks..??   Unusual hard body different sculpt Luke Farmboy and clues folks..?? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 2:25 pm

aussiejames wrote:
aussiejames wrote:
I'm not sure if I'm prepared to open a can of worms and weigh figures.

OK I had the scales out Embarassed Ledy stormies are 15.4-15.7g Hong Kong ones are about 14.5 Suspect :scratch: Laughing Laughing

The difference is probably caused by the filled peghole. Very Happy

Seriously: Might the hard torso plastic (Ledy) have a higher density compared to the soft plastic (HK)? :scratch:

Do we have plastic experts on the board?

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Unusual hard body different sculpt Luke Farmboy and clues folks..??   Unusual hard body different sculpt Luke Farmboy and clues folks..?? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 10:02 pm

probably a plastic heating problem when they were molded, they just were sent out anyways since they were not completely worthless
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Unusual hard body different sculpt Luke Farmboy and clues folks..??   Unusual hard body different sculpt Luke Farmboy and clues folks..?? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 7:24 am

Quote :
(BTW anyone else thought of weighing figures for variant country manu. specifics )

Good idea, never thought about weighing the figures, but did consider weighing weapons and accessories to compare weights between originals and repro's and make a chart of some description, but my scales aint good enough, you need some of them super fine electronic scales that drug dealers use! They cost a fortune though but it is on the chart for the New Year!
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Unusual hard body different sculpt Luke Farmboy and clues folks..??   Unusual hard body different sculpt Luke Farmboy and clues folks..?? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 11:28 am

Weighing figures now guys? Very Happy

*Yawnnnnnnnnnnn* lol!
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Unusual hard body different sculpt Luke Farmboy and clues folks..??   Unusual hard body different sculpt Luke Farmboy and clues folks..?? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 12:04 pm

Quote :
Weighing figures now guys?

*Yawnnnnnnnnnnn*

Your probably right Joe, Rancor keeper probably has a few weight issues that he doesn't want bringing up! Hey, congratulations on the baby by the way! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Unusual hard body different sculpt Luke Farmboy and clues folks..??   Unusual hard body different sculpt Luke Farmboy and clues folks..?? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 1:11 pm

Haha thanks man!!

PS I hope old RK can keep his weight off in the new year!! Razz
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Unusual hard body different sculpt Luke Farmboy and clues folks..??   Unusual hard body different sculpt Luke Farmboy and clues folks..?? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 1:47 pm

Joe_O wrote:
Weighing figures now guys? Very Happy

*Yawnnnnnnnnnnn* lol!

I knew it would happen sooner or later. Very Happy Me and Frunkstar was talking about it the day when this thread got started. Even if you do weigh every figure, there could be differences in it from when they were made, so that still wouldnt help you to narrow it down to a specific time period. The reason behind that is, does anybody know what the actual weights were supose to be when they were first made? If you dont, then you cant use the weights since theres no proof of that a 15.6g figure was specifically for the US, UK, Australian, German, French, or Italian market. And Lord knows, we dont need to give the scammers and other idiots on Ebay anything else to use to call a beater figure a variant just because it was 1/10 of a gram more than the other figures.

AJ, you might want to grab some rolling papers and crack that Ledy Stormie open before that stuff gets too old to smoke. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unusual hard body different sculpt Luke Farmboy and clues folks..??   Unusual hard body different sculpt Luke Farmboy and clues folks..?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unusual hard body different sculpt Luke Farmboy and clues folks..??

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1