The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Is this farmboy Luke original?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ekov
New User
New User

Is this farmboy Luke original?  Empty
PostSubject: Is this farmboy Luke original?    Is this farmboy Luke original?  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 7:12 pm

I'm sorry for the likely dumb question, but I'm new to collecting.
I know the lightsaber is a repro and not even the correct one, but I wasn't sure about the figure. Also I wanted to ask about the browning on the white part of the legs.

Is this farmboy Luke original?  S-l16010
Is this farmboy Luke original?  S-l16011
Is this farmboy Luke original?  S-l16012
Back to top Go down
centurio
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Is this farmboy Luke original?    Is this farmboy Luke original?  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 3:06 pm

Hi Ekov,

Your figure seems ok to me. I am not an expert but someone will be there quickly for advice.

Many figures have discoloration. You can see that on your Luke on the top of the legs.

Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Is this farmboy Luke original?    Is this farmboy Luke original?  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 3:14 pm

its real no worries . i wasnt aware that anyone was making fake luke but im sure that dark day will come
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Is this farmboy Luke original?    Is this farmboy Luke original?  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 4:05 pm

I don't know of fakes for the figure itself other than sometimes they switch out those 1995ish(?) lukes saying they are vintage. Those were actually made in the modern era from casting figures, which is why they are slightly smaller than vintage figures; and they have a new date stamp on them.

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
Ekov
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Is this farmboy Luke original?    Is this farmboy Luke original?  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 4:12 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
I don't know of fakes for the figure itself other than sometimes they switch out those 1995ish(?) lukes saying they are vintage. Those were actually made in the modern era from casting figures, which is why they are slightly smaller than vintage figures; and they have a new date stamp on them.

This one has 1977 on it so its not a re-release right?
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Is this farmboy Luke original?    Is this farmboy Luke original?  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 4:22 pm

correct, this one is authentic. a bit discolored on the upper legs and arms also possibly (or it I shadowing from the camera) but the arms also don't appear stark white to me.

Back to top Go down
Ekov
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Is this farmboy Luke original?    Is this farmboy Luke original?  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 4:24 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
correct, this one is authentic. a bit discolored on the upper legs.

Is there any way to fix the discoloration without damaging the figure, I don't know if it's worth doing but still would like to know.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Is this farmboy Luke original?    Is this farmboy Luke original?  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 4:31 pm

None that I am aware of. some give them peroxide baths. This is a harsh chemical introduction and should always be disclosed if you try this method. A simple bath with warm soapy water is my usual recommendation, though this does nothing for discoloration it help the figure to be clean. Also I have heard of guys using magic eraser on spots for figures, but I don't know much about that either as far as results or if it is also a chemical component.

Back to top Go down
Mike_Z
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Mike_Z

PostSubject: Re: Is this farmboy Luke original?    Is this farmboy Luke original?  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 5:11 pm

Looks good and kudos on the Taiwan Country of Origin (COO). Pair him with the correct saber and you're all set. Cool
Back to top Go down
Ekov
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Is this farmboy Luke original?    Is this farmboy Luke original?  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 4:18 am

Thank you everyone who replied, I was kinda paranoid it might be a fake, but you guys are awesome!
Back to top Go down
Thundershot
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thundershot

PostSubject: Re: Is this farmboy Luke original?    Is this farmboy Luke original?  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 9:41 am

A good wash with warm soapy water can work wonders, you may even be able to remove some of the brown staining.

I've found that very gently scraping the plastic with my thumbnail while it's nice & wet (with plenty of soap to act as a lubricant) can get rid of some very nasty ingrained dirt... naturally..be careful as not to scrape so hard that you're in danger of damaging paint app's. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this farmboy Luke original?    Is this farmboy Luke original?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is this farmboy Luke original?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1