The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 25 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
Darth Small
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Darth Small

Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 12:34 am

My latest addidtion, always wanted Jabba as a kid, now I'm a big kid with cash.

Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 12 JabbaandSalaciousCrumb
Back to top Go down
KevinA
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
KevinA

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 2:12 am

My PBP 4-LOM came ripped off a card during shipping and I can see no visible difference in the capes.
It can be hard to tell in photos - is the figure black nosed with the blotched out COO?
3 euros is a steal - even for just the red armour! These sell for around $400-$600 USD.

Edit - the gun looks to be the same as well.
Back to top Go down
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 2:45 am

Sweet jabba and carrot luke
Back to top Go down
Mike_Z
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Mike_Z

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 7:53 am

Wow, so many incredible pieces. Your latest vintage purchase is one of my favorite threads at TIG cheers

John, I love the Nien MOC! Great job on that one.

AFA 85 Orange hair Luke!! Very nice and happy birthday!

Darthsmall, nice and mint Jabba! I love how Kenner included his water bubbler pipe, I can't imagine too many toy companies today producing an action figure accessory such as that!
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 9:25 am

KevinA wrote:
My PBP 4-LOM came ripped off a card during shipping and I can see no visible difference in the capes.
It can be hard to tell in photos - is the figure black nosed with the blotched out COO?
3 euros is a steal - even for just the red armour! These sell for around $400-$600 USD.

Edit - the gun looks to be the same as well.

Kevin - good timing. I was going to PM you becuase I remember that sad story about it coming off card Sad

Great Orange Luke SRT!

Small - Jabba set is sweet! He should be a part of any loose collection and be counted as a figure
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
KevinA
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
KevinA

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 1:19 pm

Here is a comparison, if you want I can take more detailed photos of the inner capes.
I've got about 75 capes and have only found a bit of a difference in some (darker, greenish interior) but it could be degradation.
Looking at this photo the rifle looks glossier, I'll try and take a look at my MOC PBP and compare it and see if that is just the flash.

[img]Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 12 IMG_7522[/img]
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 1:37 pm

@ Stephan: An orange hair Luke, that's what I call a great birthday gift, congrats. Very Happy
Why do I always get socks and after shave for my birthday? I do something wrong!!

BTW: I would love to see your limelight one day, it must be loaded with great variants!!

@ Greg (Darth Small): Nice mint looking Jabba set!! Must feel good to finally have him after all those years.

@ Kevin: Thanks for looking up the possible differences between the Kenner and PBP 4-LOM cape and helping Alex.

Cheers

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
tundra9
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
tundra9

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 2:37 pm

Thought I'd share my second popy that arrived today, will try to be more active on here if only my eyes
could adjust to this board Razz

Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 12 Sam4294
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 3:31 pm

tundra9 wrote:
Thought I'd share my second popy that arrived today, will try to be more active on here if only my eyes

Nice Popy!!

Are you going to collect them all?

Javi (Javispain) has some nice ones in his limelight: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4043-javi-sw-spains-collection
Back to top Go down
tundra9
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
tundra9

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 3:34 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:
tundra9 wrote:

Nice Popy!!

Are you going to collect them all?

Javi (Javispain) has some nice ones in his limelight: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4043-javi-sw-spains-collection

Thanks!
It's a long term goal yeah, I have seen his limelight, and if it wasn't for me buying alot of stuff this last week and payments due next week, I would jump at the Popy Stormie he has for sale,
that one is a real beauty! Cool
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 3:39 pm

Some of my recent pick ups:

Something for my unpainted helmet fetish: Taiwan Boussh with unpainted helmet.

The helmet has a very smooth and glossy surface, the first time that I have seen this for an unpainted Taiwan helmet. All the other loose ones in my collection have a much rougher surface, including Adam's which came with a COA from the Earth.
Interestingly the Taiwan helmet was AFA graded, so an unpainted Taiwan helmet should have a smooth and not a rough surface according to AFA.... :scratch:

Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 12 IMG_6107

Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 12 IMG_6109

Hey wait a minute.....that is not a Taiwan helmet....it is a Hong Kong helmet...WTF!!! Shocked

I am now pretty sure that the helmet is an overstock Ledy helmet, it looks exactly like the other one in my collection (colour, surface, size, and Hong Kong instead of Taiwan mould). Also the guy who sent the figure and helmet to AFA was a serious Ledy collector.

I just don't understand why AFA had it graded with a Taiwan figure? :scratch:
Well AFA makes far worse mistakes sometimes. So you don't hear me complaining. Not at all! Very Happy
I needed a Taiwan figure anyway, and one can never have too many Ledy overstock helmets, especially for the price I paid.

I will post this in the unpainted helmet thread as well.

More goodies, Meccano TIE Fighter Pilot and HK Hard Torso CCP. Thanks to Lee!! cheers

Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 12 IMG_6114

And this.... just a box with a flying Ewok. who cares.

Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 12 IMG_6115

Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 12 IMG_6116

Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 3:52 pm

Beautiful Popy. Hoth Rebel Soldier is one of my favorites so I really am drawn to your new gem : ) Nice job!
Back to top Go down
tundra9
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
tundra9

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 3:55 pm

Thank you, stevefdwyer! Smile

Sweet Boushh Dr.Dengar, and I'm loving that boxed Ledy Glider! Cool
Back to top Go down
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 7:10 pm

Some great stuff in here again, that Popy is a great piece.

I'm pretty stoked about this -- a Ledy 12" Vader. He's obviously incomplete, but it'll be a project to complete him.

Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 12 P1070403-12LiliLedyVader

Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 12 P1070402-12LiliLedyVader

The seller included a Ledy insert and a picture that I assume came out of a catalog.

Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 12 P1070394-LiliLedyInsert

Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 12 P1070400-LiliLedyCatalog
Back to top Go down
http://galacticheroes.wordpress.com
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 7:49 pm

Marco, I missed your recent pick ups and just saw them : ) GREAT job! I love the diversity you have going on there : ) LOVE the unpainted helmet! Very cool : )
Jesse, very awesome LL Vader. That insert is awesome too. I think Ozio was selling an insert like that? I'm gonna go check....
Back to top Go down
Darth Small
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Darth Small

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 7:48 am

My new Falcon arrived on Friday plus my first carded figure a nice neat nothing special Teebo. Spent today shopping for display cabinet, no luck on that front.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 8:35 am

Greg - ALL Ewoks are special Smile

I've struggled once again to keep up with this thread. I'll attempt a CraigT esque post:

Apologies for those that don't get a mention Embarassed
My highlights for the last 20 pages
Marco's LL Canon & the recent Ewok glider
John's Uzay ERG , then LL Jawa MOC & Canadain NN offer Nien Nunb
Christian's C1P8
Eric's quickly growing coin collection
Steve's variants & first shotSSS Shocked
Robbie's very minty mailer & blue SnagSS
Frank's 15 pack & woolworth's baggies
Oli's takara stormie & Bossk POCH & PBP
Curch's huge, huge haul of vintage goodness
Alex's Toltoys Jawa bow & PBP 4 LOM
Yeah- sus's MOC SSS
Pat's french haul
MSZ the craiglists master
Dallas' last 17 figure & coin run
& Stephan's birthday present ( I too would like to see a group shot of your variants Wink )
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 2:16 pm

Scored this on ebay a couple of weeks ago and it arrived safe.

Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 12 Starwars

Both are complete and in very decent shape, one more than the other. Now i have both death star ANH gameboard released by Kenner for that movie and the circle is now complete. cheers

destroy the Death Star and escape from Death Star.

Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 12 2-1

Last edited by budspencer on Sat May 26, 2012 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 2:20 pm

you 'need' this one too?
Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 12 !B5,bYZQEGk~$(KGrHqUOKkUEyslgtZyeBMthcFM5Wg~~_3
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 2:29 pm

aussiejames wrote:
you 'need' this one too?
Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 12 !B5,bYZQEGk~$(KGrHqUOKkUEyslgtZyeBMthcFM5Wg~~_3

Lol, yes James you are right, i completely forgot that one. I stand corrected. For some reason i tought this one was released in ESB era. But dont worry, my plan is to pick them all up.

i have those 2 i just mentionned plus a nice ROTJ battle at sarlaac pit. i need that r2 one and the yoda and hoth battle one. I focused on the death star sarlaac pit games because they were real hard to find in excellent condition and good price.

Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 12 DSCF9080
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 2:49 pm

Shocked

Woah is everyone on crack or something? In just 24 hours we have seen here...

a red haired Luke, a Jabba, a super cool Popy rebel soldier, some variant figures from Marco,
a 12" Ledy semi-naked Vader, a Millenium falcon, a Teebo Moc, some cool board games, and
a Craig-esque post by James cheers

and not to forget Marco's flying Ewok!

Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 12 Tumblr_m480n8O7Rz1qgqj2zo1_250
Back to top Go down
STR1968
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 3:28 pm

Received this IG-88 yesterday;

IG-88 No COO Full eyes

[img]Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 12 IMG_0842[/img]
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 4:56 pm

Really cool games guys! I think I remember playing "Escape from the Death Star" when I was a kid at a rich kid's home. I remember leaving his house thinking "lucky bastard" : )
Awesome Falcon!!!!! That was another one as a kid I wished I had....
And awesome IG-88 : ) Very cool, hard to find figure....
Back to top Go down
dcarty
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
dcarty

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 12:27 am

I like that 12" Ledy Vader!!!

Excellent score on the board games. I still have the Escape from the Death Star game I played endlessly when I was a kid.

Nice IG-88 too Smile Man, if I could hit the way back button, I remember shelves full of the 12" IG-88 at Lionel Playworld one time all marked down to $1.99 to get rid of them. Neither my brother or I bought one. My parents never bought us any of the large figures, as much as we asked for them, citing the same reason I've heard from others that their parents gave to them: they don't work with the toy vehicles!
Back to top Go down
sith jawa
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sith jawa

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 9:25 am

A nice score back in April

ROTJ 65 (A) Back Jawa Proof
Back to top Go down
http://madbrownz.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!   Your latest Vintage Purchases!  Volume 7!!! - Page 12 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your latest Vintage Purchases! Volume 7!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 12 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 25 ... 39  Next