The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chewbacca PBP ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

Chewbacca PBP ? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chewbacca PBP ?   Chewbacca PBP ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 6:13 pm

Oli, + points added. Very Happy

Your right on your points. First off, it is easier to move on to a different thread. But when theres alot of miss-information being posted, its hard to ignore them. You do have to go in and help correct it. Thats when alot of it gets out of hand. I know several times I answered the OP's question to have it all come unglued by the end. So that goes both ways.

TIG has become way to leniant in the past couple months on how things are handled. We are trying to take steps to correct that. But the rest of the members also have to do their part to make it work. But when it gets down to where you have to post like your talking to a 5 year old "OK now, dont do that", Im not a babysitter for grown ups. If I am, I want to start getting paid triple. Laughing Some just got to realize that they wont get everything they want. Sure theres somethings I would like to know alot about on bootlegs, but the go-to guys dont want the info out just yet. I respect that choice. If that could be done here also, a variant thread would end on a positive note everytime. But you'll always have guys who want to start up cause they cant have another cookie before dinner (it will spoil your appetite), and want to think everybodys ganging up on them. Its like I always say, Good things come to those who wait. Have paitence and the info your seeking will come to you not the other way around. Lars, remember that. Todays hot item will be tomorrows junk.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
HWR
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Chewbacca PBP ?   Chewbacca PBP ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 6:14 pm

As a longtime collector I have to chime in on this thread again.

I fully understand new collectors have a lot of questions, they would like to get answered, but I also understand long time collectors and those considered experts get frustrated, when given a question (by a newbee), where the answer could be found with a little research. There are many threads abut variations here and on RS, and with a little research and effort the answer to many questions could be found quite easily.

I got my first figure in 1984 and stated to collect seriously as an adult in 1995 and started collecting variations around 2000 or so and the foreign (Takara, Lili-Ledy, TopToys and Glasslite) in 2005. Back then in information was way less than today, and sometimes questions needed to be asked, but I almost always did some research myself first. That's more serious and interesting imo, and you also remember info gathered this way better than just answers to questions.

Even after all these years of collecting variations, i can still be fooled. As late as last week, I bought what I thought was a Poch Chewbacca on eBay (I do know, what to look for and no, I'm not gonna tell) still, I was fooled by the picture, the figure came today and it was just a no coo (PBP) Chewbacca, which I already had.

So my point of this post is. It's ok to ask questions, but please do a little research first, and see if you can find the answers this way around. Then no one would get irritated or angry.
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Chewbacca PBP ?   Chewbacca PBP ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 6:30 pm

HWR wrote:
As a longtime collector I have to chime in on this thread again.

I fully understand new collectors have a lot of questions, they would like to get answered, but I also understand long time collectors and those considered experts get frustrated, when given a question (by a newbee), where the answer could be found with a little research. There are many threads abut variations here and on RS, and with a little research and effort the answer to many questions could be found quite easily.

I got my first figure in 1984 and stated to collect seriously as an adult in 1995 and started collecting variations around 2000 or so and the foreign (Takara, Lili-Ledy, TopToys and Glasslite) in 2005. Back then in information was way less than today, and sometimes questions needed to be asked, but I almost always did some research myself first. That's more serious and interesting imo, and you also remember info gathered this way better than just answers to questions.

Even after all these years of collecting variations, i can still be fooled. As late as last week, I bought what I thought was a Poch Chewbacca on eBay (I do know, what to look for and no, I'm not gonna tell) still, I was fooled by the picture, the figure came today and it was just a no coo (PBP) Chewbacca, which I already had.

So my point of this post is. It's ok to ask questions, but please do a little research first, and see if you can find the answers this way around. Then no one would get irritated or angry.

So a mysterieeee aye... it seems that in the beginning of this thread it was stated there was no pbp chewbacca, but thats what they said about the lockness monster!! or wait... (but they are still searching a lot for it). But now you recently tried to buy one and you have probably done research... a mystery I say!
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Chewbacca PBP ?   Chewbacca PBP ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 6:39 pm

Claes, key word you missed was "thought". Henrik thought it was, but it wasnt. Plus he said Poch, not PBP. Yes there is a difference.
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Chewbacca PBP ?   Chewbacca PBP ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 6:42 pm

Chris_J wrote:
Claes, key word you missed was "thought". Henrik thought it was, but it wasnt. Plus he said Poch, not PBP. Yes there is a difference.

Yeah ruin my crappy joke just like that Razz

hmm I thought poch didn't make figures before they united as pbp with some other companies?
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Chewbacca PBP ?   Chewbacca PBP ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 6:58 pm

Sorry about that. Embarassed Your not the only one who had a long tireing day. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Chewbacca PBP ?   Chewbacca PBP ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 7:00 pm

Chris_J wrote:
Sorry about that. Embarassed Your not the only one who had a long tireing day. Very Happy

Yeah I know what you mean Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HWR
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Chewbacca PBP ?   Chewbacca PBP ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 2:01 am

Poch did not produce figures, still we call them Poch figures, see Wolff's limelight about Poch and PBP figures.

The Poch Chewbacca is actually extremely easy to identify, if you know what to look for, but in my case there was only 1½ hour left of the auction and a friend was comming by, so there was no time to ask for additional pictures of the specific areas to identify this variation, so too the change. I thought it was the Poch variation, but it ended up being the no coo instead, which I already had. Some refer to that one as PBP, which is wrong, as there is no PBP Chewbacca. PBP is a misused word, eg. many calls Luke Bespin with dark boots PBP or the darkbbrown Rebel Soldier no matter what color face it have, where only the pale one is a true PBP. But look at Wolff's limelight thread for more info on these mysterious Spanish fellas.

Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Chewbacca PBP ?   Chewbacca PBP ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 8:16 am

HWR wrote:
Poch did not produce figures, still we call them Poch figures, see Wolff's limelight about Poch and PBP figures.

The Poch Chewbacca is actually extremely easy to identify, if you know what to look for, but in my case there was only 1½ hour left of the auction and a friend was comming by, so there was no time to ask for additional pictures of the specific areas to identify this variation, so too the change. I thought it was the Poch variation, but it ended up being the no coo instead, which I already had. Some refer to that one as PBP, which is wrong, as there is no PBP Chewbacca. PBP is a misused word, eg. many calls Luke Bespin with dark boots PBP or the darkbbrown Rebel Soldier no matter what color face it have, where only the pale one is a true PBP. But look at Wolff's limelight thread for more info on these mysterious Spanish fellas.

Ok that sure is confusing, so Poch did not make figures but they are still called Poch figures. Why is that?
And the Chewbacca in this thread is that considered a Poch figure?
Back to top Go down
HWR
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Chewbacca PBP ?   Chewbacca PBP ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 1:17 pm

No the Chewbacca in this thread is not a Poch.

The reason why they are called Poch is, that these variations are only found on Poch cards, at least that is what I believe. I do agree it seems confusing calling them Poch, when they are not produced by Poch, but we also calls some variations "tri-logo", because they appear on tri-logo cards, this is the same thing with the Poch figures. Wolff, Kenneth, Javi or Carlos is the real experts when it comes to Poch figures, so hopefully one of them will chime in and correct me if I'm wrong.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Chewbacca PBP ?   Chewbacca PBP ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 3:18 pm

Rawlin wrote:
HWR wrote:

Ok that sure is confusing, so Poch did not make figures but they are still called Poch figures. Why is that?
And the Chewbacca in this thread is that considered a Poch figure?

wbobafett wrote:
1. There is no Chewbacca UNIQUE to PBP cards! If there is a Chewbacca produced in spain and also was exported....thats another and very argued point!

2. POCH never produced SW figures on its own. There is a POCH sign on the early cards, but its already PBP. PBP is the fusion of three toy producers and one of them is POCH!

3. There is so called POCH and PBP areas! They dont go with the printing on the cards!
- In the early production area ALL figures were produced in spain with HK or MIHK coo.
- In the second area only some of these figures were produced in spain, some were imported and just packed (Taiwan, LL).

4. There is a Chewbacca variant unique to POCH cards! If you want to know how it looks you have to wait for my guide! And if this never appears.....wait on a guide from Javi or others!
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Chewbacca PBP ?   Chewbacca PBP ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 3:22 pm

Maybe things are much easier to understand for us humble collectors not belonging to the POCH inner circle by just providing a pic with the 37 figures which were released on the early POCH/PBP cards (with POCH logo in front). These are the POCH figures, correct me if I am wrong.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/fullsize/2162793190104035314yjkKny

These figures differ in COO and paint form the ones which were later released on PBP cards. The differences are mostly very subtle compared to Kenner figures, at least for the ones I have been able to obtain sofar. They are difficult to get cause in most cases auctions are canceled beforehand though bids are placed. Well I guess all for the good cause. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
HWR
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Chewbacca PBP ?   Chewbacca PBP ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 4:43 pm

I do agree with Marco, that many of the differences between thew Poch and Kenner figures are very subtle on many of the figures.

On Chewbacca the difference is a important as on Han Solo Hoth or Bossk, you just need what to look for. I'm not going to reveal, what indicates a Poch Chewbacca, as it would not be fair to Kenneth, who sohwed it to me or to Wolff, who probably was the one, who discovered it. I think it up to one of those two, Javi or Carlos to enlighten the public. Sorry but out of respect to those four expert, I will not tell (at least not until my book on loose variations is published, if that will ever happen).

Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Chewbacca PBP ?   Chewbacca PBP ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 6:30 pm

Quote :
2. POCH never produced SW figures on its own. There is a POCH sign on the early cards, but its already PBP. PBP is the fusion of three toy producers and one of them is POCH!

That is the confusing part :S

so... Poch did not make any figures before they where PBP as I already thought. But some of them where put on Poch cards, which is fully understandable. But they are not PBP and coo differ a bit. So are they Palitoy or Kenner etc and called Poch?

Quote :
These figures differ in COO and paint form the ones which were later released on PBP cards. The differences are mostly very subtle compared to Kenner figures, at least for the ones I have been able to obtain sofar. They are difficult to get cause in most cases auctions are canceled beforehand though bids are placed. Well I guess all for the good cause.

Thanks for the link earlier Smile though where they produced by PBP? Like an early PBP?

Now my own post is getting as confusing as the above part Razz

Edit:
Quote :
The reason why they are called Poch is, that these variations are only found on Poch cards, at least that is what I believe. I do agree it seems confusing calling them Poch, when they are not produced by Poch, but we also calls some variations "tri-logo", because they appear on tri-logo cards, this is the same thing with the Poch figures. Wolff, Kenneth, Javi or Carlos is the real experts when it comes to Poch figures, so hopefully one of them will chime in and correct me if I'm wrong.

I missed this post Smile sorry about that, then I kinda get it Razz I guess it's not known what they really are.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chewbacca PBP ?   Chewbacca PBP ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chewbacca PBP ?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3