The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chewbacca PBP ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

Chewbacca PBP ? Empty
PostSubject: Chewbacca PBP ?   Chewbacca PBP ? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 1:17 pm

Hi guys is this the coo for Chewbacca PBP ?

Chewbacca PBP ? Chewba17

Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

Chewbacca PBP ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chewbacca PBP ?   Chewbacca PBP ? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 7:00 pm

No such thing as a PBP Chewbacca

Chewbacca PBP ? IMG_1761a1
Chewbacca PBP ? IMG_1761a2
Chewbacca PBP ? IMG_1761a3
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

Chewbacca PBP ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chewbacca PBP ?   Chewbacca PBP ? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 2:24 am

Thanks james, maybe I get confused is POCH and PBP not the same ?

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t3845-complete-pbpand-poch-exclusive-collection

If they are not the same, what is POCH and how does the coo look on Chewbacca POCH ?
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

Chewbacca PBP ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chewbacca PBP ?   Chewbacca PBP ? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 4:15 am

USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION Razz
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t891-the-tig-pbp-poch-character-discussion-thread?highlight=POCH
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

Chewbacca PBP ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chewbacca PBP ?   Chewbacca PBP ? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 12:07 pm

Hi James, nice tongue. For a moment I wanted you to be a girl lol!

Oh I can see PBP and POCH is the same Very Happy

What I do not understand is why is there a chewbacca on the second picture on this post about poch and why is there a poch picture and a PBP picture :scratch:

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t3845-complete-pbpand-poch-exclusive-collection

Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

Chewbacca PBP ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chewbacca PBP ?   Chewbacca PBP ? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 12:15 pm

Seriously....who gave AJ a minus for that post???
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

Chewbacca PBP ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chewbacca PBP ?   Chewbacca PBP ? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 12:19 pm

1. There is no Chewbacca UNIQUE to PBP cards! If there is a Chewbacca produced in spain and also was exported....thats another and very argued point!

2. POCH never produced SW figures on its own. There is a POCH sign on the early cards, but its already PBP. PBP is the fusion of three toy producers and one of them is POCH!

3. There is so called POCH and PBP areas! They dont go with the printing on the cards!
- In the early production area ALL figures were produced in spain with HK or MIHK coo.
- In the second area only some of these figures were produced in spain, some were imported and just packed (Taiwan, LL).

4. There is a Chewbacca variant unique to POCH cards! If you want to know how it looks you have to wait for my guide! And if this never appears.....wait on a guide from Javi or others!
Back to top Go down
olisuds
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
olisuds

Chewbacca PBP ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chewbacca PBP ?   Chewbacca PBP ? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 3:43 pm

Wolff, I was also wandering the same thing as Pomse about whether PBP Chewbacca existed

What about number 8 in your COO guide?

COO Guide

I have one with this same COO - very faint. It is made of a harder shinier plastic, has a funny mould mark on the back too and the typical PBP/Euro variant toxic plastic smell.
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

Chewbacca PBP ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chewbacca PBP ?   Chewbacca PBP ? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 3:57 pm

I was just sitting here and wondering the same thing, got a chewbacca with that coo.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

Chewbacca PBP ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chewbacca PBP ?   Chewbacca PBP ? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 6:14 pm

Well if I have to wait then it is fine with me, hope the guide come soon Very Happy

But as Olisuds and rawlin says, what about no. 8 in the coo guide ? why does it say PBP ?
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

Chewbacca PBP ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chewbacca PBP ?   Chewbacca PBP ? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 7:22 pm

pomse2001 wrote:
what about no. 8 in the coo guide ? why does it say PBP ?
how many times does it have to be said, the guide has some mistakes in it, ignore the labels just use it as a visual guide Smile
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

Chewbacca PBP ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chewbacca PBP ?   Chewbacca PBP ? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 7:49 pm

aussiejames wrote:
pomse2001 wrote:
how many times does it have to be said, the guide has some mistakes in it, ignore the labels just use it as a visual guide Smile

Until the blue cows come home. Rolling Eyes Some just dont get it AJ. You could say it 1000 times and it would be asked again in 3 months time. And just think, a Chewy thread is coming, but looks like it dont need to now. All the info that should go in it is already posted, so we'll just skip him. Like I said yesterday, I dont even know why I try anymore.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
olisuds
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
olisuds

Chewbacca PBP ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chewbacca PBP ?   Chewbacca PBP ? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 2:09 am

Sorry I didn't recall it being said before, I don't log on here as much these days so maybe I've missed something - I thought this guide was the new updated version.

Chris, you've gone to a lot of effort with your figure of the week thread but let me get this straight, are people supposed to hold back from any questions until that figure comes up? I have a few questions about Squid Head that I wanted to ask so do I wait until 2014 when he finally comes up.

Seriously guys, go easy. There is Wolff's updated guide which you are saying is not accurate, Uli's guide which is outbof date now and the thread on PBP figures which also seems to be outdated. Next thing I see Wolffs limelight with a load of new PBP variants and POCH variants that I have never seen any mention of. When and where we're they confirmed. It's not easy to keep up with the PBP stuff so until there is a definitive guide that people can refer to please go easy on people with the questions!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

Chewbacca PBP ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chewbacca PBP ?   Chewbacca PBP ? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 3:05 am

Oli, your not the only one who doesnt log in here much these days. Im seeing history repeat its self way too much these days to do it. Im not going to highjack the thread no more than it already has, but I will say somethings dont need to be repeated over and over and some sound like a broke record repeating it. You got a pm coming., by the way.
Back to top Go down
olisuds
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
olisuds

Chewbacca PBP ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chewbacca PBP ?   Chewbacca PBP ? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 4:14 am

No worries Chris, PM returned. I'm not going to harp on about it I just don't think PBP variants are that clear and since there is no definitive guide yet and things keep changing then I don't think it's unreasonable to ask the question.
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

Chewbacca PBP ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chewbacca PBP ?   Chewbacca PBP ? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 4:54 am

I'm just wonder what coo 8 is Smile But I understand it's a common variant.
I just want to clear out that I was not complaining about the coo guide if that's how it looked like, I apologize.
The guide have helped me loads, and honestly I don't know what I would do without it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

Chewbacca PBP ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chewbacca PBP ?   Chewbacca PBP ? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 11:09 am

Chris_J wrote:
aussiejames wrote:
pomse2001 wrote:

Until the blue cows come home. Rolling Eyes Some just dont get it AJ. You could say it 1000 times and it would be asked again in 3 months time. And just think, a Chewy thread is coming, but looks like it dont need to now. All the info that should go in it is already posted, so we'll just skip him. Like I said yesterday, I dont even know why I try anymore.

Maybe we will not ask if the mistakes got fixed. They have been there for a year or more :scratch:

There is no rules in this thread, so I have no problems with highjack chris Very Happy

But why not share the information that you guys know with us now ? why should we wait and wait. I really love the way Marco does it with Lili Ledy. one figure at the time and we can all talk about it. PBP and POCH sound like a big secret :scratch:
Back to top Go down
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

Chewbacca PBP ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chewbacca PBP ?   Chewbacca PBP ? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 11:56 am

[quote=" PBP and POCH sound like a big secret :scratch: [/quote]

The variant collectors i know are not so happy with sharing their knowledge of certain new variants until themselfes got it in their collections.

We have all seen what happens when a new variant comes up ,a use to regular figure are now a uberrare blabla bla and asking price is one zillion dollars Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

Chewbacca PBP ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chewbacca PBP ?   Chewbacca PBP ? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 12:35 pm

olisuds wrote:
Sorry I didn't recall it being said before, I don't log on here as much these days so maybe I've missed something - I thought this guide was the new updated version.

Chris, you've gone to a lot of effort with your figure of the week thread but let me get this straight, are people supposed to hold back from any questions until that figure comes up? I have a few questions about Squid Head that I wanted to ask so do I wait until 2014 when he finally comes up.

Seriously guys, go easy. There is Wolff's updated guide which you are saying is not accurate, Uli's guide which is outbof date now and the thread on PBP figures which also seems to be outdated. Next thing I see Wolffs limelight with a load of new PBP variants and POCH variants that I have never seen any mention of. When and where we're they confirmed. It's not easy to keep up with the PBP stuff so until there is a definitive guide that people can refer to please go easy on people with the questions!

Hi Oli,

first of all.....the posts you feel a bit pissed of werent dedicatd to you...Im pretty sure!!!

Second...and I post this the first time in public: I asked the staffhere to remove my coo pictures a long time ago! It doesnt help at all IMO anymore because they are so outdated!! There was other reasons too that I wanted them to be removed, but I stepped back because of the reaction here!

Its hard to write sth about pictures you have made years ago and dont want them to be on the net anymore because they are so outdated!

To be honest...I hate these pictures! But the fact is that the new coo guide wont come IMO. I just dont have the time, nerves and energy anymore! My job and my life a full enough!

BUT....Im working on a PBP/POCH guide! I could be already finished if i wouldnt shoot myself with publishing it! It doesnt help me at all to write about some figures that are missing here and lots of people do hunt them while I need a second to compare or one because its totally missing here! I hope you all understand that I have first to finish my set and get doubles to be sure!

The so called PBP figures like Greedo, Chewbacca, Walrusman, Snaggletooth etc are difficult to say where they were produced. Its IMO 2 possibilities: PBP produced them in large numbers and exported them. Or they are all produced by an asian producers (Macau) and imported in SPain and other countries.

So this Chewbacca appeared on PBP cards, but is not exclusive to those cards. He is not rare at all. And there is NO differences between the full scar and the remaining "G" IMO. Both molds went together! Wink

Does that help a bit Oli???

And if you ask about confirmed Poch and PBP variants! Im not alone! I have a few people helping me and going the same way! This "union" is perfectly build if you ask me! We have gathered a load of pictures and figures to compare and we will only label things that are 100% confirmed! Thats also a reason why we have to wait a little longer for that guide!
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

Chewbacca PBP ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chewbacca PBP ?   Chewbacca PBP ? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 12:58 pm

Hi yeah-sus, I also think you are right about that. Some people just want to get some rare figures for them self and earn big money.

Hi Wolff thanks for the post and the story about the coo guide and the story about POCH and PBP. I do understand Very Happy
Back to top Go down
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

Chewbacca PBP ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chewbacca PBP ?   Chewbacca PBP ? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 1:06 pm

pomse2001 wrote:
Hi yeah-sus, I also think you are right about that. Some people just want to get some rare figures for them self and earn big money.

hehe ok i think you missunderstood me

My point is that if a couple of variant collectors find a new variant,they keep it til themselfes until everyone in their group has one or more or like wolf just said"not fun to hunt a variant with a lot of competition"

If there is variantcollectors who put in alot of time and effort for gettin variants to flip i think they should get another job instead, more money to make that way Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

Chewbacca PBP ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chewbacca PBP ?   Chewbacca PBP ? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 1:10 pm

yeah-sus wrote:
pomse2001 wrote:

hehe ok i think you missunderstood me

My point is that if a couple of variant collectors find a new variant,they keep it til themselfes until everyone in their group has one or more or like wolf just said"not fun to hunt a variant with a lot of competition"

If there is variantcollectors who put in alot of time and effort for gettin variants to flip i think they should get another job instead, more money to make that way Very Happy

Yep....you are totally right about that! Believe it or not...finding new variants and detrime them also is very expensive...you have to buy various crap which leads into a dead end...guessing around etc.....that costs more money that you can ever earn on selling spares, which I have personally never done in large numbers! I think I sold 30 variants in the last 5 years!!!

If I would work instead of writing down information in the internet...amking guides etc...I think I would be pretty rich by now and not living in this shithole anymore...LOL.

Maybe Im just doing it wrong....... lol!
Back to top Go down
olisuds
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
olisuds

Chewbacca PBP ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chewbacca PBP ?   Chewbacca PBP ? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 2:14 pm

That's fair enough Wolff I get your reasoning. I had assumed that the guide was your new and cooler 2nd edition.

I hope you understand that by leading the way with this type of research that a lot of people rely on you for there learning. I'm sure this is flattering but maybe also a burden you could do with out Smile

Im not saying there arent some unnecessary posts around here sometimes, i just feel that the question about the PBP Chewbacca was a fair one in this instance. 

Regardless PBP and POCH are meanwhile not very well understood. Maybe one day it will be understood as well as Lili Ledy and maybe once there is a definitive guide there will be less questions Smile
Back to top Go down
HWR
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

Chewbacca PBP ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chewbacca PBP ?   Chewbacca PBP ? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 3:34 pm

pomse2001 wrote:

This is not quite fair Lars. To most of us, this is not about making big money. Well to some collectors it's a bit about financing the collection, eg. this year I bought for more than $1000 vintage Star Wars merchandise (Poch, PBP and Lili-ledy figures and the Electronic Darth Vader store display) and about twice as much last year (X-Wing Aces Target Game, all three Takara figures and an Imperial Shuttle). So I need to sell a bit now and then to justify buys like that.

As long as I'm missing a certain rare variation myself, or some of my friends within this hobby is missing it, I would not share the information how to identify it. As Wolff said, no reason to increase the competition.

Last edited by HWR on Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

Chewbacca PBP ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chewbacca PBP ?   Chewbacca PBP ? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 5:14 pm

I agree completly with Henrik, Wolff, and yeah-sus. Some info just doesnt need to be made public knowledge like the DTs. Even if you or someone you know has a stake in it or not, some things dont need to be known until the time is right after all the research has been done and all the T's been crossed and the I's been dotted. And then, most of the info shouldnt even be released to the general public. Its just safer that way for all involved or not involved. That way it will save people a ton of money from buying a figure thats not what it really suppose to be. Thats why its always best to pm people in the know on things like that. If they dont know, Im sure they could direct you to someone who does. Thats the point Ive been trying to get across for the last 4-6 months, but always gets over looked or not read period. The biggest thing newer guys need to do is slow down and take it easy with their collection. That way they can learn about what they are interested in alot easier.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chewbacca PBP ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chewbacca PBP ?   Chewbacca PBP ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chewbacca PBP ?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next